Security cameras

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Security cameras

Post by Ezel » #156983

Make them not shit last time i used them a traitor nearly shot my back

Make them work like abductor cameras
The future is horrible!
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Security cameras

Post by Steelpoint » #156985

The problem with Cameras is that it takes ten years to get out of the screen and by then you've already been sacrificed to NarNar.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #156986

Ezel wrote:Make them not shit last time i used them a traitor nearly shot my back

Bahahahaha
This has been PRed and asked about and denied a dozen times, and for good reason. We don't need sec to be a dozen AIs swooping around viewing the entire station as an invisible all-seeing eye.

Also, your reasoning for this is literally "I ded"
That traitor played it smart by sneaking up on you when you were vulnerable
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #156994

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Ezel wrote:Make them not shit last time i used them a traitor nearly shot my back

Bahahahaha
This has been PRed and asked about and denied a dozen times, and for good reason. We don't need sec to be a dozen AIs swooping around viewing the entire station as an invisible all-seeing eye.

Also, your reasoning for this is literally "I ded"
That traitor played it smart by sneaking up on you when you were vulnerable
But shame the traitor already got spotted even before he could said SUPRISE litteraly

Psst what bout we remove the ai from roundstart
Security wont be missing ANYTHING :^)
The future is horrible!
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #157025

Perfect information has been used too often. without that crutch win rates spiked, as sec has to actually do police work.
Edward snowden was right
phil235
Byond Username: Phil235

Post by phil235 » #157035

Steelpoint wrote:The problem with Cameras is that it takes ten years to get out of the screen and by then you've already been sacrificed to NarNar.
This problem has been fixed by my vision refactor. Leaving the camera computer view and changing cameras is now instantaneous. It still a shitty menu to select which camera to look through though.
I'm a tgstation coding maintainer janitor
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #157046

Ah, all good then.

On the issue of buffing Sec cameras.

Good luck, that ain't even going to happen. While it would be a nice quality of life change, but its too much trouble.

Unless we got a slick UI that shows you a outline of the entire station (like the mimimap) and lets you select any cameras on the station via a mouse. That would be cool and easier to use than flipping through a menu to try and find a camera that shows you what's going on in a public hallway, but you don't know the cameras name as it has a name of some direction and location you've never heard off.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #157047

So long as you know the name of the camera you want, it's fine. Tap the first letter in the name ('x' for xenobiology, or whatever) and then tap it until it reaches the one wanted, or scroll and click. Easy. Simple. Hope to god it's not 'upgraded' to something more clunky for the sake of looks.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #157048

Steelpoint wrote:Unless we got a slick UI that shows you a outline of the entire station (like the mimimap) and lets you select any cameras on the station via a mouse. That would be cool and easier to use than flipping through a menu to try and find a camera that shows you what's going on in a public hallway, but you don't know the cameras name as it has a name of some direction and location you've never heard off.
This, by the way, is not pure fantasy, but an actual system that works on bay/polaris code.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #157054

Cheimon wrote:So long as you know the name of the camera you want, it's fine. Tap the first letter in the name ('x' for xenobiology, or whatever) and then tap it until it reaches the one wanted, or scroll and click. Easy. Simple. Hope to god it's not 'upgraded' to something more clunky for the sake of looks.
This is what I do, when I'm warden I usually flip between the HoP office, Toxins East, engineering and cargo whenever I have a spare second just to keep an eye out for anything wrong. As long as you know what you're looking for its not too bad
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #157055

Steelpoint wrote:Ah, all good then.

On the issue of buffing Sec cameras.

Good luck, that ain't even going to happen. While it would be a nice quality of life change, but its too much trouble.

Unless we got a slick UI that shows you a outline of the entire station (like the mimimap) and lets you select any cameras on the station via a mouse. That would be cool and easier to use than flipping through a menu to try and find a camera that shows you what's going on in a public hallway, but you don't know the cameras name as it has a name of some direction and location you've never heard off.
thats atleast somehow better because i cant tell the fuck which is which
The future is horrible!