Gun Sports

A place to record your ideas for the game.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Gun Sports

Post by John_Oxford » #170435

Alright, here we go again.
This is a three parter, so prepare to read alot of shit.

PART 1

Adds a sporting shotgun (i'll make sporting rifles and pistols when i feel like spriting again)

Sporting Shotgun
It's a 11 shot semi-automatic shotgun, 10+1 in the chamber, it comes with a ramp attached to the loading gate to make use of the 6 round speed loaders. (The only gun able to do this, they don't work on all the shotguns)

Alt+Clicking it places a orange chamber flag inside of it, signifying ye aint go no more bullets, it also unloads a round that may be in the chamber and shits it out on the floor

Equipped with a test range firing pin, one spawns in the security firing range.

Speed Loader

Acts as a container that only accepts shotgun shells, whatever order it's loaded in is how it will be loaded into the shotgun, the first shell you put in the shotgun will be the last shell fired from the shotgun.

Fits in your pockets for maximum quick reloads.

PART II

Firstly, shotgun shells, (basic ones not the research ones) are now as follows

ORIGINAL
Slug
Shell
Beanbag
Dart
Incendiary

NEW
Slug
00 Buckshot
#4 Buckshot
BBB Birdshot
Beanbag
Dart
Magnesium Shell

Shotgun Shells instead of doing this:
Now do this:

Slug is one big pellet that does a raw 60 brute

00 Buckshot is 9 pellets that split off into 4 - 1 - 4 after 5 tiles, 1 pellet does 6 brute, meaning a no-spread cluster does 54 brute.
Image46

BBB Birdshot has 46 pellets that split off into 20 - 6 - 20 after 3 tiles, one pellet does 1 brute, meaning no-spread clusters do 46 damage.

Beanbags, Darts, and Magenesium shells are all the same and do the same thing, Magnesium is just Incendiary with a fancy name

PART IIV

Securitys firing range is remade to have 3 lanes with 3 different target set ups and such and blah, i got lazy and didn't feel like spriting or making a shitty drawing depicting what this looks like, use your imagination

-prolouge-

sorry it's taken so long to meme about with ideas, been out of the game for a while, but the dank overly thought out ideas will return.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Re: Gun Sports

Post by Topham » #170481

John_Oxford wrote:Image
I don't get it, are you saying that the spray of a shotty would stay as one tile wide? If so, what's the difference between a shotty and a slug anyway?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #170485

not sure how i feel about this, a completely unique test range gun is kind of pointless since you'll never be able to transfer those skills outside of the range (since the gun is test range only)

your sprites are getting better though
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #170500

I don't get it, are you saying that the spray of a shotty would stay as one tile wide? If so, what's the difference between a shotty and a slug anyway?

- It's different clusters and shots as opposed to one bullet doing the same ammount of damage
Buckshot is a smaller cluster that does more damage but splits appart into more clusters at different times while its traveling
Bird shot is a bigger cluster that does less damage but splits appart into bigger clusters shortly after firing to cover a wider range.
PKPenguin321 wrote:not sure how i feel about this, a completely unique test range gun is kind of pointless since you'll never be able to transfer those skills outside of the range (since the gun is test range only)

your sprites are getting better though

you can table craft a gun to take the firing pin out with a screw driver and replace it with a normal one
it's just a low key sec buff, basically giving them a bulldog

but thanks fam.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #170944

You realize that an 11-shot semi-auto shotgun that can speedload is better than any existing shotgun in the game, right? And that firing pins can be taken out of guns?

Remove sporting shotgun firing pin -> put in normal firing pin -> you now have an 11 shot revolver.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #170950

Bear in mind that riot shotguns (the ones in sec's armoury) are pump-action and can only hold 6 shots and need to be loaded manually.
Hell even the combat shotgun is still inferior to the sport shotgun in ammo capacity and needs to be hand-loaded as well.

My advice would be to make the speedloaders usable for the riot and combat shotguns as well and lower the sports shotgun ammo capacity to, say, 4.
Otherwise they're getting put in the armoury with or without test range firing pins.
Silavite
Byond Username: Silavite

Post by Silavite » #171030

A few things.
You never explained what #4 Buckshot is.
I'm pretty sure 46 separate projectiles spawning in at once would cause severe lag.

What is this supposed to mean?
Are you trying to say that shotgun spread is like this
and should be changed to be like this?