New Middle-Management Jobs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowizard
Byond Username: Shadowizard23

New Middle-Management Jobs

Post by Shadowizard » #180670

Alright. First off, I'm a regular HoP player who micromanages. This should explain the post.
Middle management jobs are jobs which head a department, but report to the HoP. Right now we only have one, the Quartermaster. I think we need at least one more, but have also thought of two others which could be interesting.
1. The Steward. This one is useful to a HoP. This person would be in charge of anyone with a service radio. They should have access to all service areas. This is the one i'm really pushing for. It's handy as an HoP to have somebody to ask about the department for quick check-ins, rather than PDAing the Botanist,Chef,Barman,etc. They ensure that somebody is always staffing one of these stations, instead of the typical "Well shit, the [Insert service job here] is dead. Oh well, we can survive". The steward could also inspect the crew quarters every so often to ensure no illegals activities are taking place, and to ensure every room stays stocked with amenities.
2. The Dean. In-between Steward and the next one. They supervise Chaplain,Lawyer,Psychiatrist,and Librarian. Essentially a way to better connect roleplaying jobs to facilitate more interesting roleplay. Should also come with a new radio channel, #h for scHolar.
3. The Manager. I have mixed feelings on this myself. Somebody to supervise the clown,mime, and assistants. I'm not sold on the name. Maybe Union organizer? I chose manager as a combination of stage manager for performers and corporate manager for the assistants. They should do their best to support their charges without letting them get out of hand.

Question of offices is interesting. I'm not sure about metastation, but boxstation has a empty office. Maybe cubicle it up? Or should these jobs be office-less, wandering around untethered to supervise?

Feedback is appreciated.
Adam Twelve
RedMcCloud
Byond Username: RedMcCloud

Re: New Middle-Management Jobs

Post by RedMcCloud » #180779

I honestly think the server needs more sub-jobs, like Atmos to Engineering and Geneticist/Chemist/Virologist to MD.
The only one I can think of right now that would work is something like a Waiter/Waitress for the Bartender and Chef, someone to serve drinks and food from the Chef.
Your idea for a manager is actually really good though, someone to keep the subhumans in check.
"What the FUCK is Carbon Dioxide?" guy
I write a web serial about aliens: https://pseudofunk.wordpress.com
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #180825

Waiters are what assistants are for.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #180828

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Waiters are what assistants are for.
Like literally though. There's a uniform crate in the kitchen. Though my dream of turning the bar into a maid cafe hasn't come true yet.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #180856

Reece wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Waiters are what assistants are for.
Like literally though. There's a uniform crate in the kitchen. Though my dream of turning the bar into a maid cafe hasn't come true yet.
Yeah, when I play chef I try to get the bartender to take orders for me but nope he's already killed himself well time to open my meat shack