Stun, slip, and weaken nerf.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Stun, slip, and weaken nerf.

Post by J_Madison » #183316

Since complaints about sec being overwhelmed is going on, I'm going to remake and revisit the long forgotten balance I suggested eons ago.

Essentially, I shave 2 seconds off every stun, weaken, and slip. A few exceptions like clown PDA and syndicate soap, but you get the picture.

Why do this?

This essentially makes ranged stuns much weaker and very difficult to stun cuff. This makes security both weaker and stronger.

Security is stronger because a lone stun won't result in the end of the round for them. You need two people to be able to garuantee (still possible to stuncuff alone) a cuff.

The new garuantee ways to cuff are now reliant on stamina damage and stun batons which have enough time to cuff.

Security and roles that start with stun batons or disablers are now the only jobs on roundstart that can stun and cuff.

Outside the use of antagonist equipment, it will become infinitely more difficult if not impossible to stun and cuff an officer. You'll be required to make use of your tools or friends if you want to make a kill.

Combat is now strictly skill based; getting stunned isn't the end of the world and you can recover from it.
A fully augmented, armoured, ammo filled traitor doesn't need to fear a stray stun ending his planning, and nor would a HOS need to fear that a slip will cost him his round.

Being stunned still sucks because in the period you're stunned, you can be disabled with a disabled.

5 second stuns are now 3.
7 second stuns are now 5.

This severely hinders validhunting since the stunprod isn't able to cuff someone.

Stunprods will be strictly defensive only; stun-run away.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Stun, slip, and weaken nerf.

Post by PKPenguin321 » #183318

:-1:
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #183320

This will also promote more actual shootouts, gun fights, and combat rather than the stun-cuff/kill meta that is going on.

Shielded hardsuits and adrenalin implants are affected, but still retain their use. It is still very lethal to be stunned for 3 seconds and being shot by lasers during those 3 seconds.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #183322

Don't fuck with stuns.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #183325

ShadowDimentio wrote:Don't fuck with stuns.
Give me one good reason not to.

Because these numbers have been tested. I could shave 1 second but that's meaningless, and the payers on Sybil aren't gud enough to play with 3 second shorter stuns. 3 second reduction is a completely different experience and makes the station more Wild West Shoutouts.

I'm pretty firm that with 2 second reduction, you you can still functionally do your job and have a more fun and safe experience. Your death with this reduction will be more likely by a traitor's gun rather than a banana peel and closet in the maint shafts.

-

Oldman suggested giving sec adrenals, which is basically these numbers. It clearly correlates.
Last edited by J_Madison on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #183327

Yes because the status quo has been working so well. I think it is worth trying at least
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #183330

If we can test no common radio we can test this
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #183337

J_Madison wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Because stuns are the axis of combat in this game. You either stun somebody to win (tasers), you deal so many fuckloads of damage that they drop dead (ops), or you're some weird outlier (blob).

Fucking with stuns is a fast way to pull the rug out from under everything and have really shit rounds until it gets removed. I'm not entirely opposed to tweaking things, but it'd need to be handled with a surgeon's precision.
This is not a surgeon's precicion. It's HA HA THREE SECOND STUNS I HOPE YOU HAVE ZERO LAG OR THE PERP IS ESCAPING GET FUCKED SEC
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #183340

PKPenguin321 wrote::-1:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #183346

Sidon wrote:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #183349

Zilenan91 wrote:
Sidon wrote:
yeah okay I change my mind
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #183365

i liked stamina damage
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #183370

Armhulen wrote:If we can test no common radio we can test this
that was fun to code

you fuckers kept outwitting me
Pilgrim
Byond Username: Suspilgrim

Post by Pilgrim » #183417

Yeah I'm hesitant about this. Stuns aren't what's fucking over security.
First: do no harm.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #183418

Pilgrim wrote:Yeah I'm hesitant about this. Stuns aren't what's fucking over security.
Actually they oft do, all the armour and guns in the world means nothing when anyone whips out a stun prod / bola+stun prod and takes you out of the round.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #183437

Anti stun drugs make you functionally unstunnable after this change, FYI.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #183439

lumipharon wrote:Anti stun drugs.
lumipharon wrote:unstunnable
wow alert the presses
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #183454

lumipharon wrote:Anti stun drugs make you functionally unstunnable after this change, FYI.
I'm aware. Chemical stuns and stamina damage is the way to go from there.

With the exception of the basic anti-stun drug, the stronger anti-stun drugs made you unstunnable anyway (meth). Not much different from what's currently going on.

I'll make adjustments to stun drugs accordingly so they're not overpowered.
ShadowDimentio wrote:
J_Madison wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Because stuns are the axis of combat in this game. You either stun somebody to win (tasers), you deal so many fuckloads of damage that they drop dead (ops), or you're some weird outlier (blob).

Fucking with stuns is a fast way to pull the rug out from under everything and have really shit rounds until it gets removed. I'm not entirely opposed to tweaking things, but it'd need to be handled with a surgeon's precision.
This is not a surgeon's precicion. It's HA HA THREE SECOND STUNS I HOPE YOU HAVE ZERO LAG OR THE PERP IS ESCAPING GET FUCKED SEC
Actually, I think you missed my posts.

This is surgeons precision. This is an obsidian scalpel precision. This is precision that has been tested before. This is precision that has had 6 months of testing using different reductions.

If tgstation is that laggy that a reduction of stun times isn't possible for gameplay, then suffer not the player to play on a laggy server.

Stuns are the reason adrenaline implants are stupidly overpowered. Stuns are the only thing that people fear because you can land 99 perfect hits and deal 99 damage, but the one stun that hits you and it's over.

How is that fair?

If you can't stun someone then hit them with a disbler or a stun baton on a good SS13 server, contact the host to find better hosting.

-

You've tested 30% increase to damage. This is an average 30% reduction to stun duration.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #183556

lumipharon wrote:Anti stun drugs make you functionally unstunnable after this change, FYI.
although they also make you suffer some heavy after-effects
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #183597

Not really though?

Ephedrine and synaptizine are both safe enough to use - only the more potent shit has real drawbacks.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #183602

J_Madison wrote:Stuns are the reason adrenaline implants are stupidly overpowered. Stuns are the only thing that people fear because you can land 99 perfect hits and deal 99 damage, but the one stun that hits you and it's over.

How is that fair?
>Fair

You seem to be under the impression that SS13 is a fair and balanced game

How utterly laughable.

In case you missed it, I'll say it again. STUNS ARE THE AXIS OF COMBAT. FUCKING WITH THE AXIS OF COMBAT IS A FUCKING STUPID IDEA UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO REPLACE IT WITH SOMETHING BETTER. THIS IS NOT SOMETHING BETTER, IT'S GOING TO MAKE THE GAME WORSE AT NO BENEFIT.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #183603

>not trying anything new to keep the horrendously outdated status quo in the form of a crutch.

Yeah, no. The axis of combat is something equally matched. A stun-cuff isn't equally matched.

You haven't even tried it and you're already criticising, not to mention you've given absolutely no counter argument on why it wouldn't be acceptable when damage had been buffed across the board and the common radio was removed.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #183604

I think Shadow is right in a sense. Stuns are the be all end all of combat right now. Why he believes this is a good thing is absolutely beyond me
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #183607

>M-muh status quo

I've always been hesitantly in favor of change if the change replaces or adds something to the game. This change does neither.

>Common radio removal was tested so we can try this too

This is the poorest case for shilling your own idea I've seen in a while. Common radio removal was a terrible idea, comparing it to this only makes your idea look worse by proxy.

>You have to try it before you knock it

I haven't tried dying of colon cancer either but I'm pretty sure I don't want it, unless you want to contend me there

>No counterargument

Except me saying it's a terrible idea because it makes everything combat-related in the game more difficult at no positive? Shit man you've got me there.
Wyzack wrote:I think Shadow is right in a sense. Stuns are the be all end all of combat right now. Why he believes this is a good thing is absolutely beyond me
Because it works.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #183609

It's just an opinion. On that note I didn't find the removal of common radio that bad.

This change takes away effectiveness of crew weapons whilst increasing the crew's resistance to anything but a committed and targetted stun.

I think it's time to test the water and see if the boat floats regarding this 5+ year feature that has made SS13 combat so cancerous.

I'm very sure the sole reason you lost and died to me was because of adrenaline implants.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #183613

Making everyone harder to kill is not a good thing.

Recall, if you will, stimulant viruses from virology before they were nerfed to see what I mean. The virologist would make a virus with stimulant, and, after changes to virology or synapzine (don't remember which), the crew with the virus would sprint around the station and be virtually unkillable because they moved so fast.

This is an example of everyone's resilience being brought up to a point where combat stops being fun for anyone. Traitors couldn't shoot anyone, security couldn't, nobody could. It was shit for all involved parties. Nerfing stuns across the board will achieve the exact same thing.

The best I can forse happening is traitors picking up normal guns like the revolver with stamina damage and tons of regular damage and rampaging, rather than stealing a taser.

>You only lost to me because I had adrenals

????????????
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #183618

You don't know story behind virology.
Edit; virology created super tanky, healing, fast, stun reduced people.
This is only the stuns.

Hence why I wouldn't reduce stuns further.

These changes will create a new learning curve that some people may not like, since it makes combat more about hitting shots rather than fluking a stun.

Nerfing stuns vurses stamina tanky, healing, super fast, reduced stuns individuals are different things.

In this case, a traitor with a revolver is more popular because your 12 TC item actually does something instead of you fearing a simple stun.

And yes, I recorded when you tased me which would have stopped my 80 TC rampage, but it didn't because of adrenaline implants. That's the ridiculousness of stuns and stun reduction currently.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #183622

It won't make combat more about hitting shots, it'll just mean people will run around forever and spam more stuns.

You can't get rid of how effective stuns are in combat without making it so that weapons do more damage in total, since weapon damage values are designed around stuns being so good.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #183623

I have literally no idea what you're talking about, but show me that vid fam I want to check myself out.

Oh wait, are you talking about that one time you were an op and I was in an engi hardsuit and tazed you? I remember that. You're still mad over nearly getting dunked that one time? Jee-zus

And Zil is right. Stuns are what everything revolves around for a reason.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #183627

Not salty, just to prove the point that my round could have been ended there if it wasn't for stun reduction.

Are laser rifles not buffed to 25 damage?

I'm not sure what is the big problem about damage currently given the paper thin armour. It wouldn't hurt to reduce stun times by 2 but increase gun damage by a small amount if you believe it will make a big difference.

I'm very sure many of the less popular traitor items will be more popular if their cost doesn't end to a single stun.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #183644

DEADLY COMBAT WHEN?
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #183660

The only way you could feasibly move away from stun based combat is to massively buff lethal damage across the board.

If you were to give me a choice between a Taser and a Laser, I should want to take the Laser Rifle.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #183663

I remember the first time (I saw) when some miner managed, through incompetence or careful planning, to unleash a dragon on the main station. I remember observing with awe and quiet laughter as it fucking nuked the fuck out of everything in the universe with gigantic waves of fire, leaping from person to person, tearing them apart. Watching the crew driven before a truly superior threat, a station-ending calamity that left the very deck plates scorched to a cinder.

That was an SS13 moment. That was an amazing, priceless experience. And one of the first things I thought as I saw it clean up the entire fucking crew was 'please, please don't nerf this and make it Fair.'. It's the Unfairness that's often unforgettable about the game, to some people, a lot of people. Myself included.

Contrary to what many people would say, it's fine to want to Win in this game, to a certain level, and to play that way. It's one of the many styles we endorse on TG, and it can produce some really fun gameplay. But please don't assume everybody shares your outlook on this game needing to be Balanced.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.
If you don't like that, it's fine, there's tons of games out there where this isn't true.

Stuns aren't fair. Stuns are SS13. SS13 isn't fair.
RIP
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #183669

Hibbles wrote: But please don't assume everybody shares your outlook on this game needing to be Balanced.
Maybe you don't, but Objectively Good Game Design does.

This game has fucking rotted for years because of le wacky grief lottery that you don't participate in as an admin most of the time. You even said in your example you were OBSERVING that dragon rampage, not having your round ruined by it or anything.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #183676

So what you're saying is he should have burst in and NO FUN ALLOWED'D the dragon?

Also

>>>IMPLYING YOU KNOW WHAT GOOD GAME DESIGN IS
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #183679

lumipharon wrote:Not really though?

Ephedrine and synaptizine are both safe enough to use - only the more potent shit has real drawbacks.
yup, but eph isnt flawless

also i need to check out synap
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #183682

ShadowDimentio wrote:So what you're saying is he should have burst in and NO FUN ALLOWED'D the dragon?

Also

>>>IMPLYING YOU KNOW WHAT GOOD GAME DESIGN IS
It's common sense, but ok, feel free to be retarded all you want

Cheap, hollow victories that come as a result of an easy, no-risk stun that can be spammed most of the time is not good game design.

Also dragons being on station isn't as prolific as stuns are in our combat, and if they were a valid and common tactic people used as antags they would ABSOLUTELY be removed/nerfed. That's fucking obvious, don't be retarded.

Further proof it's a shitty example. Nerfing stuns and slips (what this fucking thread is about) won't ruin precious wacky chaos moments, because those are !!!!FUN!!!!! when they aren't a fucking meta that the combat centers around.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #184990

I feel dirty that I have to agree with jmad. This should at least be tested.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Bolien
Byond Username: Bolien

Post by Bolien » #184996

ThanatosRa wrote:I feel dirty that I have to agree with jmad. This should at least be tested.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #185716

What if we made it so security armor reduces ranged stun duration and we allow traitors to buy similar armor with their uplinks?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #185769

I'm surprised shadowdimentio isn't all for this considering that the REEEEE CAN'T BE STUNNED AND COMBAT IS ALL STUNS NOW I HAVE TO GID GUD WITH SOMETHING OTHER THAN JUST STUN MEMES argument is one that was trotted out against borgs so often and this would basically make that argument moot
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #185771

I like borgs. I like stuns. I am a paradox, like Schrodinger's cat I exist in a realm where I both shitpost and do not shitpost. You'll never know unless you read the post.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #185869

It would not be hard to boost stun protection on armour, that's based off of the 'energy' protection on all armour.

Most armour only has 10% energy protection, so only one second is shaved off of a ranged stun. The only armour off the top of my head that has more than that is Ablative armour and Deathsquad Armour.

In theory you can safely boost energy protection on armour as it'll only effect ranged stuns, melee stuns such as Batons and Flashbangs are unaffected and deal the full stun amount.

(Or just shoot the guy in armour in the arms and legs to deal the full stun.)
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #185952

Why is armor always a percentage reduction anyway?

Something like a 1-2 point flat reduction would be great for stuff like riot gear as it'd proportionally provide a huge amount of protection against some yahoo using their fists while doing effectively fuck all against bullets and eswords and armblades and the like.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #185981

Augs do a flat reduction against melee. I think it's like 5 point reduction though.