Station Beautification

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowizard
Byond Username: Shadowizard23

Station Beautification

Post by Shadowizard » #185033

Alright so. I've always loved the aesthetics of the new goonstation map. The thing is gorgeous. I realized that one of the biggest things wrong with the aesthetics of /tg/station is the lighting. Everything is just too goddamned bright. It's like a hospital or office building or something. We need yo steal port their lighting engine. We have their code. We have the knowledge, as Goon features have been ported before since the release. So can somebody work on this?
Adam Twelve
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Re: Station Beautification

Post by Reece » #185036

Goon lights are eye strain inducing. Please don't do the lights.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #185044

Goon lights are horribly laggy and they look so pretty that they legitimately make everything else look like trash. Also porting anything from goon so big is almost impossible without a ton of work.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #185217

tbh steal telescience and isometric walls first
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #185386

allura wrote:Goon lights are horribly laggy and they look so pretty that they legitimately make everything else look like trash. Also porting anything from goon so big is almost impossible without a ton of work.
it just takes the right kind of insanity to work it
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #185387

cocothegogo wrote:tbh steal telescience and isometric walls first
we already have one of those
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #185418

The isometric walls are the worst part though, not that we have any sort of coherent perspective going on anyway.

Also the lighting is fucking delicious, I want it so bad.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #185419

Pls no. My eyes can't see in the dark well on the computer. I always have to cut the lighting to max on games so I can see.

I don't want to be blind
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #185422

Well like our Box isn't as grimdark shitfuck as Cogmap, so increasing the brightness is an obvious choice.

But that smooth lighting is just so fucking wonderful.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #185423

I guess it'd be fine as long as the halls and such stay bright. But I doubt you'd find a coder interested enough to do this, they're all to busy trying to remove fun.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #185427

I went to goon to check out the lighting effects and got killed by a bomb that had been repeating it's explosion 381 times.

That station is fucking huge god damn but the lighting and sprite design is superb.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #185714

Why hasn't anybody posted any screenshots yet?