OPERATIVES INBOUND Alert

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

OPERATIVES INBOUND Alert

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186330

As Steelpoint has pointed out, Operatives are simply hands over heels better than the crew. The only time they lose is when they fluke, and that's because of inexperience, not bad play. So, I have a proposal to even the playing field.

Much of combat in SS13 is preparedness and shooting first, so similar to War rounds, when the ops move to arrive on the station z-level Nanotrasen will pick up the presence of an unidentified ship moving to intercept the station on their sensors and send an alert to the crew to get fucking ready. Unlike war rounds, they won't have long to prepare, but would allow security to quickly gear up and secure the captain before he's whacked.

If the operatives desperately want to stealth though, they can, for a hefty price, purchase a stealth module for their ship, allowing them to stealthily approach the station.

Thoughts?
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: OPERATIVES INBOUND Alert

Post by firecage » #186331

No thanks. If I want the crew to with a loud booming message know that I am coming as a nuke OP, I will declare war.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186333

The difference is then they have twenty minutes to prepare, while here they have a minute or two tops.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #186336

Right now Ops have a 75% win rate, only on high pop (as in 70+ people) does that win rate fall to 50%. Below that ops have a near 100% win rate on all lower pops from 30 to 40 ish people, that win rate being about 80% to 85% when you get to about 40 people..

Ops are simply winning too often.

Would a station alert help the crew? It would definently. It may not be the worst idea to at least give the crew a minute warning of incoming Ops.

The standard Op plan is to blow up Tcomms then to attack the disk holder, this utterly shuts down any attempt by the Captain or Security to coordinate a defense or even to rally up. Leaving everyone easy pickings. Having everyone rally up a moment before that may help boost the station's win rate.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #186337

Not letting the crew know that you are on the station (either by stealth or destroying comms) is a solid strategy.
They had these tactics for ages. AI can vox 'awwwwwwperatives', a head can still use his desk announcement system, anybody can grab a station bounced and most certainly 90% of the crew will be wary when comms go out after a loud explosion.
If ops are too strong now, it has to do with their equipment - or is the crew too weak?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #186338

I think this would be a good idea if wizards could choose to move their ships into range of the station so that there's ambiguity as to what it means.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #186339

Then again a lot of the Op equipment is fucking insane and in the last year they've had some ridiculous powercreep. Like armor that makes them immune to all stuns and most forms of damage for a time, or an infinite healbeam or armor that's basically syndicate deathsquad armor. A lot of their gear needs to be heavily trimmed because it's just too much for the crew to deal with ops who know what they're doing.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186344

This is a solution to the problem of ops being too good without going through and rebalancing everything they've been given in the past year piece by piece.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #186347

There's a lot of stuff that got added to Ops that they never needed. If I'm honest I'd just remove the shield hardsuit and medibeam. Those items allow them to snowball across the crew way too hard and wouldn't be missed.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186348

I'm not sure about the medgun but the shieldsuit is so expensive it's only really viable in war rounds.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #186351

Unless it got nerfed I think the shield suit let you laugh off like 5 taser/stunbaton hits and then turn around and shoot the officer who shot at you. It might've been less or more, I can't remember. It, combined with it having normal op hardsuit armor values and medibeams means that Op teams are pretty much unkillable unless you can bomb them or somehow communicate to the entire crew to swarm them at the same time.

They could also beat this rush by throwing one of their 5 gorillion grenades from their grenade belt which also conveniently includes an infinite lube grenade that was intentionally snuck through by Bawhoppen and fixed a day later by adding a description to the gluon grenade that he had omitted to obfuscate the function of the gluon grenade.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

firecage
Github User

Post by firecage » #186389

Besides. the majority of the time, the crew gets alerted almost immediatly to the OPs, and real Stealth Ops are rare enough as it is. Like a few days ago I got assassinated as the captain by a nuke op disguised as an assistant after the armory got bombed. Fun times. If they had to buy going in by stealth with telecrystals, well...actual stealthops will never happen, and we will be reduced to just having gun 'n run nuke op rounds, way more than we do right now. So we will very rarely see ops stealthily bombing places before invading, dressing up as the crew, an assistant dragging all the Ops in a locker behind him into the bridge and gunning down the captain.

Edit: Yes, I would rather have that we look, one by one, at the items which Ops have gotten the past year, at the very least the major ones, to see how much rebalancing they need. Whether they are OP and need a nerf, or whether it is something which is weak and needs a buff so Ops are more likely to take it, to add variety.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #186392

Well something has to give, I don't think its acceptable to allow a game mode with a near 100% win rate to continue as such.

Unless you force Ops to only happen when there's more than 70 people on the server then something needs to change.

I think this suggestion is one of the better one's I've heard.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #186394

Seriously though can we remove the grenade belt entirely. Ops never needed it and it doesn't have a reason to exist on top of some of the grenades being flat out lied about so they'd get merged.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

firecage
Github User

Post by firecage » #186400

Steelpoint wrote:Well something has to give, I don't think its acceptable to allow a game mode with a near 100% win rate to continue as such.

Unless you force Ops to only happen when there's more than 70 people on the server then something needs to change.

I think this suggestion is one of the better one's I've heard.
Don't we have Op scaling so lower pop OP rounds don't have to many nuke ops already? Besides, we can do something which we already did with traitor, at the very least a test run atleast. Some of the gear which Ops can buy are locked unless there the population is high enough. Like how traitors can't buy some stuff during low pop.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #186432

We JUST reduced the ops pop to scale with low pop better.

Give it time to give us accurate stats on whether ops needs another nerf or not.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #186450

I don't think this is necessary.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #186454

yackemflam wrote:We JUST reduced the ops pop to scale with low pop better.

Give it time to give us accurate stats on whether ops needs another nerf or not.
Ya, and if even then the low pop winrate stays 100% or close to it, we can start cutting the more op items(like, shielded hardsuit against 30 crewmembers, 0 of which are sec members, come on...)
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #186885

what is your problem with the grenade belt? i never lied about it to get it merged, and the possibility for friendly fire is so high from it that its super fun

(also nobody ever buys it anyways which makes me sad)
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
firecage
Github User

Post by firecage » #187021

You know. There's prob an even better idea if the Ops are winning to much. Why don't we just remove the fucking syndicate firing pins so the crew can pick up the guns Ops drop and use them against the Ops again? That will definitely SLIGHTLY scale it in the crews favor.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187058

Reee get your shitty ideas out of my good idea thread make your own reeeeeeee
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #187063

ops win so much that we're sick of winning!
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #187065

fire pins were amistake