*TEST* Reducing stuns adding lethals

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Well? (One vote, may change your mind)

bot option
4%
Try it
54%
Don't Try it
39%
Do it different (Describe below)
4%

Total votes: 28

Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

*TEST* Reducing stuns adding lethals

Post by Falamazeer » #187071

I propose that it would be interesting to *TEST* reducing the taser rounds of your average officer to a single shot, while at the same time, making a single laser rifle available to them as part of a standard loadout.

People have oft complained of the stun centered combat system of ss13, and I'd like to see what it actually looked like without it, Disablers aren't the way to go, with the slowdown it really just ends up being the same thing with more clicks.

A successful taze pretty much proceeds as is normaly the case for ss13, but a miss opens up possibilites that might make for exciting combat, The criminal scum might decide to flee before the officer can change weapons, he might decide to take advantage of the miss and rush the officer, the officer might switch to batons for pursuit or defense, and he might decide to lethal up for the same.

Pissants might be less likely to blatantly shitler around if they know there is a good chance they'll wake up cuffed to a bed in medbay for their shenanigans before a timer even gets started, and general antagonizing security for sport might be lessened if you know that the obligation to make the only real punishment a time out with your nose in the corner kinder-garden style is lessened.

And while real life and 2d spessmans rarely mix, Real officers primary weapons are pistols, and they are a genuine threat, and real tasers usually just have the one shot.

No it's not just an excuse to murderboner people under the guise of an experiment, I honestly wanna know how interactions would change if security was packing heat and expected to use it if they have to.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: *TEST* Reducing stuns adding lethals

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187075

>T-tasers aren't removed guais, t-they're just not as good!

Literally why even fucking bother carrying a taser if it has just one charge. It'd just end with sec fucking lasering everyone into crit rather than bothering with tasers if this change goes through.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #187076

i think that we should just copy goon combat tbh
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #187083

cocothegogo wrote:i think that we should just copy goon combat tbh
coon crit gives me the cancer
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #187085

Stuns are trash right now, one hit ded is not fun at all. Something like this is worth trying
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Alarmclock
Byond Username: Alarmclock

Post by Alarmclock » #187087

I do feel like melee should be more useful than just finishing your enemy off after a gay ass stun. Even in real life people who get tasered or shot don't go down instantly from the bullet but keep on fighting.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #187100

/tg/ can't do lethal combat without reducing the movement speed. The only reason stuns are as good as they are is because everyone is fucking Usain Bolt and never gets tired of running everywhere, so stuns let you kill them.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #187117

Eh basically another civvie buff.

Meat is already worth heaps.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #187120

Zilenan91 wrote:/tg/ can't do lethal combat without reducing the movement speed. The only reason stuns are as good as they are is because everyone is fucking Usain Bolt and never gets tired of running everywhere, so stuns let you kill them.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/2931
i'm not even sure if you're serious
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #187121

LEAVE MOVEMENT SPEED ALONE GRAN GRAN
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #187132

Think about it like this, you can have a pulse destroyer and the best armor in the game but if you're even slightly slower than someone they win because they can just run away from you. If people were made slower in general again across the board combat would be far more lethal because escape wouldn't be as viable an option in a conflict. Upping damage is optional at that point.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #187135

I wouldn't mind every ranged stun besides syringe guns, knockouts like bombs, and shit like that being removed and replaced with lethals and that aiming thing on bay and shit tbh
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187141

So you're proposing that we just remove tasers then and sec just has lasers

Do you have any idea how many bitchfits this would start? REEEE SEC SHOT ME DEAD 4NORASIN ALL I DID WAS RESIST ARREST REEEEEEEEEE

Wanna deconvert an antag? HA good luck getting them to hold still long enough to slap cuffs on.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #187164

One shot taser is actually not a completely bad idea but it should be reloadable akin to a kinetic accelerator otherwise lethal is the only option after an officer misses.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187167

It'd either be too fast and be a straight upgrade to our current tasers, or too slow and be near-impossible to use.

SUDDENLY A TRAITOR
>Taze at them
YOU MISS!
>Try to recharge
>Fast
YOU RECHARGE IN AN INSTANT AND SHOOT AT THE PERP AGAIN, HITTING. VICTORY IS YOURS
>Slow
YOU GO TO RELOAD AND THEY KILL YOU/RUN AND ESCAPE, YOU LOSE
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #187365

Reimoo wrote:otherwise lethal is the only option after an officer misses.
there's still baton, but essentially yeah, this is the intent.
ShadowDimentio wrote: Do you have any idea how many bitchfits this would start? REEEE SEC SHOT ME DEAD 4NORASIN ALL I DID WAS RESIST ARREST REEEEEEEEEE
Yep, still the intent.
Security sucks a giant xeno testicle to play because you're obligated to try to give someone a preschool timeout for their bullshit and everyone knows it.

another thought I had was about antag balance, how this might destroy certain antag winrates and raep the balance of the game, then I remembered that unless the enemy IS cargo, everyone loots up in the cargo-armory anyways, excluding the first responders who already died because they didn't have a real weapon
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #187371

Security players just want to completely remove people they don't like from the round.

Also I thought we beat back this buff security shit? Stop coming back.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #187379

Sidon wrote:Security players just want to completely remove people they don't like from the round.
You sound like a qualified expert who knows exactly how well that plays out with the vastly diverse skill level of your typical unlikable scum. :roll:
Sidon wrote:Also I thought we beat back this buff security shit? Stop coming back.
Not exactly a buff bub, not a nerf either though, more like a sidewards transition. The single strongest weapon security has is ranged stuns, and I'm of the opinion that it would be worthwhile to pursue another direction for combat in general.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #189752

Fuck enforcing the law.
start sec off with an electric chair
and force them to use it whenever a crime is committed
because if you break the law you deserve to fucking die.

No sarcasm just like real life should be.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #189856

Why not just buff melee?
Or nerf movement speed because running faster than a fucking bullet is bullshit.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #189919

Nerf movement speed

Remove ranged stuns and replace tasers with disablers

Remove all rules except the OOC ones like no metacomms/excessive metagaming/ERP

Game would be much better for it. Just sayin'
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #189923

Let's just move away from stun-based combat to damage-based combat. Every other self respecting MMO has damage-based combat anyway
Ryahask
Byond Username: Ryahask

Post by Ryahask » #190486

I'd suggest a slight tweak - rather than carrying a single charge, which would simply make the weapon tedious to use effectively give it an in hand cool-down akin to the Miner's Accelerator.

So you miss a shot, and it will automatically recharge (with an infinite charge system) in, let's say, 10 seconds. The Officer can still pull out their stun baton and use it during this time by simply changing hands. I would be very interested in seeing this change attempted as I despise going up against semi-competent Security as stands, unless you can retreat or you're better geared you're simply fucked due to how many taser shots they can blast out.

10 Seconds, to start with (this value could and should be tweaked later depending on feel), provides ample opportunity for someone to retaliate with Melee or choose to flee. The Officer still has their second hand so they shouldn't prove crippled in a direct fight, and it might lead to more successful melee fights.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #190561

Yeah! More nerfs for security! Woo hoo!
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #190587

Atlanta-Ned wrote:Yeah! More nerfs for security! Woo hoo!
Yes! I can greytide without those pesky security!
Ryahask
Byond Username: Ryahask

Post by Ryahask » #190743

Atlanta-Ned wrote:Yeah! More nerfs for security! Woo hoo!
Security, when compared to the average crew, is still exceptionally well-armed. It's only against Antags that this shifts, but that's more due to the absurdity of some of the antag choices with uplink.