New Game mode: Soviet Agents

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FranzKrake
Byond Username: FjKrake

New Game mode: Soviet Agents

Post by FranzKrake » #189617

Id like to suggest a new game mode involving a couple of Space USSR Agents attempting to steal valueable items and technology levels.

This would be basically leaned on the Vox Raider game mode but utilize the Soviet theme, with russian uniforms and all that.

Soviet espionage used to be a big thing, Tech and information and all that. KC13 and the existing USSR Uniform+Ushanka assets would give this some legitimacy.

To minimize workload I would recommend to Spawn 2-3 spies with chameleon kits, stechkin pistols and soviet uniforms aboard the white ship.
The teams loadout should give them gear for a stealthy approach, e.g. chameleon kits, projectors, agent IDs, but only very limited combat capability, in form of 1 stechkin with 2 spare mags. This would limit the murderbone abusers.

The white ship is to be equipped with a Teleporter and the team is to be equipped with a common radio frequency or some sort of radio, so that they can communicate.
Alternatively someone can flesh out a sort of "Soviet Spawn" area or ship really quick, just like the abductor pods.

The Teams objective would be something among these lines:

1. Steal Hypospray/Adv Magbots/Etc/Insert Tech item here
2. Download XYZ Research levels
3. Avoid being captured alive or dead
4. Maintain secrecy by deleting the communications logs

While I do /not/ think this would make for a fully fleshed out game mode, I do think that this would be an excellent Random Event to be triggered randomly or by admins. It would add atmosphere and depth to the entire "KC13" theme. And the workload to code this event would not be too drastic, either.

Who wouldnt want to heist SS13 in a soviet uniform, with a stechkin, james bond style? I for one would love to see it happen.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: New Game mode: Soviet Agents

Post by Incomptinence » #189637

but station is commies
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #189678

Only if I get to play as Cyka Blyatman, the Slav Knight.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189724

>Im Blyatman

Fucking fund it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #189767

Have them spawn on the soviet station with AK-47's, molotovs and apet space bear, and a teleporter
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #189833

3. Avoid being captured alive or dead

Fixed
FranzKrake

Post by FranzKrake » #190174

Reece wrote:Have them spawn on the soviet station with AK-47's, molotovs and apet space bear, and a teleporter
Nope. The point is to heist tech and items, not to kill. The spawned agents should be outgunned purposely, so that any "lel murderbone" meme players are discouraged from abusing this event to stroke their murderboner.

However, the underwhelming reactions lead me to believe that, just like the USSR, the idea of commies as enemies is kind of dead.

Maybe if we added some catears and let em spawn on lavaland, people would be more engaged :D
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #190190

There is no fun in playing a russian, if you don't have a heavy russian accent, an AK and a full backpack of vodka. It just doesn't feel right.
Bring back papercult.

Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #190193

An admin spawned Russian squad button would be neat.

Spawns with the soviet clothes, an AK, 3 molotovs, and two special bottles of vodka that also contain omnizine. Spawns in a special shuttle that can travel between the derelict and the station.
FranzKrake

Post by FranzKrake » #190212

InsaneHyena wrote:There is no fun in playing a russian, if you don't have a heavy russian accent, an AK and a full backpack of vodka. It just doesn't feel right.
Youre asking for free murderbone spawns, Im asking for a Random Event. Thats the difference here.