New Species : IPC's

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Re: New Species : IPC's

Post by Slignerd » #203112

Bottom post of the previous page:

Please no, don't bring the #free_synths cancer here.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #203122

iamgoofball wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:SLIPPERY SLOPES
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
PlaugeWalker
Byond Username: PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #203123

Sligneris wrote:Please no, don't bring the #free_synths cancer here.
nothing like that shit
Image\
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #203127

PlaugeWalker wrote:
nothing like that shit
I am open to your suggestions.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #203168

Gun Hog wrote:
PlaugeWalker wrote:
nothing like that shit
Sentient borgs assembled like mechs in robotics, that aren't bound to the AI or laws.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #203172

Luke Cox wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:
PlaugeWalker wrote:
nothing like that shit
Sentient borgs assembled like mechs in robotics, that aren't bound to the AI or laws.
Nobody would build em
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203176

Jacough wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:
PlaugeWalker wrote:
nothing like that shit
Nobody would build em
They would be fireproof, semi brute-resistant, spaceworthy, and have easily attachable augments at the cost of being vulnerable to EMPs and electrocution. Engineering and security would love to have those.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #203186

sounds broken af
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203200

I'm okay with them being slightly better than humans since you actually have to work to get them (like slimepeople or plantpeople). Obviously the actual numbers would have to be tweaked, but the fact that they can be completely immobilized with EMPs, insta-critted by electrocution, and unable to be healed by anything in medbay are pretty big balancing factors. All of this could be tweaked if these ever get made, I'm just throwing suggestions out there.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #203210

that's still a trade i would take every time
fires + breaches to space + space travel + getting attacked (and therefore putting your passive armor to use) happens pretty much almost every round, whereas EMPs are rare and shocks almost require the player to be an idiot and slap a wire without gloves or something
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203212

Traitors can get a plethora of EMPs for dirt cheap. If people start doing this, I would just buy the EMP flashlight as an antag and laugh manically.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #203215

Luke Cox wrote:Traitors can get a plethora of EMPs for dirt cheap. If people start doing this, I would just buy the EMP flashlight as an antag and laugh manically.
that literally does not alter my point, just because "muh emps are cheap" does not make fires, spacewalking, breaches, cold, or outright damage any less common

not to mention
>buy traitor items around roundstart like most traitors. dont buy EMPs because no big deal
>way later in the round, the end game content that you had no way of predicting is running around everywhere
Spoiler:
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #203219

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Traitors can get a plethora of EMPs for dirt cheap. If people start doing this, I would just buy the EMP flashlight as an antag and laugh manically.
that literally does not alter my point, just because "muh emps are cheap" does not make fires, spacewalking, breaches, cold, or outright damage any less common

not to mention
>buy traitor items around roundstart like most traitors. dont buy EMPs because no big deal
>way later in the round, the end game content that you had no way of predicting is running around everywhere
PKP has a point, though there's some emps in storage.
Image\
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203221

I suppose we could cut some of those strengths. Maybe extreme temperatures fuck with some hydraulic system they have in them or something.
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #203234

Luke Cox wrote:I suppose we could cut some of those strengths. Maybe extreme temperatures fuck with some hydraulic system they have in them or something.
how about not space worthy, and require a special space suit from rnd? Though, mining wise they'd be good to go?
Image\
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203238

How about a spaceproof upgrade from the exosuit fabricator? With a ton of R&D these things should actually be pretty powerful. They should start off considerably weaker than humans, but by the time R&D is maxed they should be an upgrade in most areas. R&D almost never gets maxed and you have to have robotics build a body and put you into it, so I don't think it'll be a major issue.

The one thing I'm dead set on is them not requiring oxygen and being immune to toxins. It only makes sense.
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #203244

Luke Cox wrote:How about a spaceproof upgrade from the exosuit fabricator? With a ton of R&D these things should actually be pretty powerful. They should start off considerably weaker than humans, but by the time R&D is maxed they should be an upgrade in most areas. R&D almost never gets maxed and you have to have robotics build a body and put you into it, so I don't think it'll be a major issue.

The one thing I'm dead set on is them not requiring oxygen and being immune to toxins. It only makes sense.
They're round start but weaker than humans, alright and once RnD gets the shit to max, then late game they could be a force to be reckoned with by traitors.
Image\
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203249

I still want robotics to have to build them, just at a lower tech level maybe. The inconvenience of having to build them is a major balance factor
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #203250

Luke Cox wrote:I still want robotics to have to build them, just at a lower tech level maybe. The inconvenience of having to build them is a major balance factor
Luke, if they want to be stronger they go to robotics, the ystart round start weaker than humans but robotics is their lifeline, giving traitors something else to destroy because of robot race upgrades galore meaning a real thorn against traitors.
Image\
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #203259

Luke Cox wrote:
Jacough wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:
PlaugeWalker wrote:
nothing like that shit
Nobody would build em
They would be fireproof, semi brute-resistant, spaceworthy, and have easily attachable augments at the cost of being vulnerable to EMPs and electrocution. Engineering and security would love to have those.
Borgs are fireproof and space worthy and more importantly as long as they're asimov they have to follow orders and prevrnt human harm meaning unlike your sentient borg idea you can count on them to actually stick around, fix up the station, and actually get shit done instead of just fucking off to play with their new abilities and toys
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203260

Giving a roundstart race exclusive upgrades would not go over well with most people. These have to be something you build.
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #203263

Luke Cox wrote:Giving a roundstart race exclusive upgrades would not go over well with most people. These have to be something you build.
Plasma man have suit refills from rnd, this would actually requrie effort on robotics, and rnd part to get these fuckers buffed to aid them. See, it's a quid pro quo i look at it.
Image\
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203264

Plasmamen need those to survive though, and toxins can refill their tanks in a pinch. In the end they are still objectively worse than humans in nearly every regard. What were talking about are straight upgrades that enhance the utility and survivability of the cybernetic bodies. The two are not on the same level in any way.
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #203265

Luke Cox wrote:Plasmamen need those to survive though, and toxins can refill their tanks in a pinch. In the end they are still objectively worse than humans in nearly every regard. What were talking about are straight upgrades that enhance the utility and survivability of the cybernetic bodies. The two are not on the same level in any way.
Hmph, but really what roboticist is gonna blow resources to build one then take the time nessecary build everything else if rnd is up? Not mention this is also to factor on syibl hence the round start thing since I'd know they'd eat this shit up
Image\
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203269

It would be a way of bringing back husked people with all their memories, for one. Even before R&D is maxed, some people will still want to become them for the prospect of future upgrades, or just because they want to be Raiden wannabes. Upgrades could include things like fireproofing, spaceproofing, a toolset arm, maybe even an armor upgrade, with appropriate tech level requirements and material costs. Think of them like mechs, but they're people instead. The barrier of the robotics having to build them absolutely has to be there for balance purposes though, otherwise they'll be broken as shit.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #203270

How about you can build them and they're essentially just a body you can put brains in and they're the same as humans except they're not human and chems/cloning doesn't work on them

bullshit like upgrading and making them objectively superior to humans in every way just complicates things for no reason and that's lame
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203276

That would kind of eliminate any purpose to them. Mechs are actually pretty bullshit OP on paper but aren't so much in practice. These would be much the same.

Also, since this gives debrained people a second option it would arguably be a nerf to silicons.
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #203331

Luke Cox wrote:That would kind of eliminate any purpose to them. Mechs are actually pretty bullshit OP on paper but aren't so much in practice. These would be much the same.

Also, since this gives debrained people a second option it would arguably be a nerf to silicons.
Fine, how about this? You can upgrade their brute defense by like 3% using cyborg augs and this would partially make them fire proof al a atmos hardsuit style so that way they can tank some burn but as nominally long as an atmostech on fire at least 30 seconds before they start taking burn [This applies to ashstorms also]. Toxins, and virologies can't effect them, they...
Image\
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203359

We're overcomplicating this. Just make them upgrade modules like borgs get, or make them like mech equipment with a limited number of slots.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #203380

Luke Cox wrote:Mechs are actually pretty bullshit OP on paper but aren't so much in practice.
this is actually literally not true
have you never gone on a mech murder spree?
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #203389

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Mechs are actually pretty bullshit OP on paper but aren't so much in practice.
I've watched several, and they normally end quickly when someone gets the ion gun and destroys the mech with a few easy shots. It's not impossible to kill everyone in a mech, but in practice most people just aren't quite good enough with them to make them a real problem.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #203396

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Yes, and honestly it's not much worse than a well-equipped traitor. My point is that powerful upgrades/items are fine so long as there is a significant entry barrier.

On a related not, I think I'm going to go ahead and make a new OP, since my suggestions are starting to deviate quite a bit from this one.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #203432

How the PR worked before it was removed:
- Acquire dead body, all limbs intact, no brute or burn damage.
- De-brain the body, if a brain is already present.
- Fully augment the body: head, chest, arms, legs.
- Begin the Synth Creation Surgery, which requires a positronic brain for the end step.

The end step revives the body, with the positronic brain in control. Any implants or modifications to the body not removed by the revival process are retained, including the augmentations required for the surgery. The body's species is changed to the Synth type.

What changes would appease the nay-sayers in this case?
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #203434

Gun Hog wrote:How the PR worked before it was removed:
- Acquire dead body, all limbs intact, no brute or burn damage.
- De-brain the body, if a brain is already present.
- Fully augment the body: head, chest, arms, legs.
- Begin the Synth Creation Surgery, which requires a positronic brain for the end step.

The end step revives the body, with the positronic brain in control. Any implants or modifications to the body not removed by the revival process are retained, including the augmentations required for the surgery. The body's species is changed to the Synth type.

What changes would appease the nay-sayers in this case?

I have no idea I'm out of commission from the game till further notice
Image\
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #203444

I predicted this years ago.

You reap what you sow.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #203468

Steelpoint wrote:I predicted this years ago.

You reap what you sow.
we can still fix this
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/19330
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #203471

Didn't oldbay have something about them explicitly not being spaceworthy on account of their components being air-cooled or something?
Polaris versions need a suit-refrigeration unit that takes a power cell instead of wearing an air canister on their suit and so on and they start taking burn damage if they go out into a low pressure environment without one.
PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #204930

Thump Bump
Image\