Syndicate Energy Bow

A place to record your ideas for the game.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Syndicate Energy Bow

Post by John_Oxford » #217519

been gone, hurricane, back and still white as fuck now

Reserved for Nuclear Strike Teams
6 TC *Changed from 14 TC
2 TC for a full quiver
1 TC for a box with another 8 titanium rods
7 TC for a Archer bundle, comes with a sebow, a full quiver, and two boxes of titanium rods.
Can be worn on back by itself or put onto a belt. The quiver has a slot for it to attach to, and will also accept it if the back slot is taken up by the quiver.
Does 35 burn and 5 brute, with a 25% chance to embed, if it embeds, it will do a passive 3 burn damage every second for ten seconds, if it's not removed after that, it will do one toxins every 3 seconds forever. Has a 3% to de-limb (searing)
*Normal Metal Rods that can be found on the station can be used in place of titanium rods, these do 15 brute and 5 burn and have a 5% chance to embed. However, due to the fragile nature of the metal, they have a 10% chance to explode when passed through the energy notch, causing 40 brute to the user and destroying the weapon.
*Does not redirect you in space
No firing pin, anyone is able to use the weapon.

The MX-35 Experimental Thermal Bow is a syndicate designed weapon, that throws super heated titanium rod's which are deeply infused with high energy plasma when it passes through the bow's notch. This weapon, although unconventional, is extremely deadly in plasma filled areas, and areas where removing something is impossible (space, with hardsuit)

Last edited by John_Oxford on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

cancer_engine
Byond Username: Cancer_Engine

Re: Syndicate Energy Bow

Post by cancer_engine » #217551

sounds like a really fun weapon, but unfortunately, I think it is outclassed by all the other weapons by quite a lot.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #217565

Really expensive compared to the other weapons on offer. The SMG is literally one of the best weapons you can buy from it (in terms of just rendering someone a non-threat) and that's either just as or less expensive than the e-bow on offer here.

I'd lower it to somewhere more in the ballpark of ~5 TCs, it has a fair amount of steps to it to fire and for an OP - every second counts. The moist nugget takes being used in hand 2-3 times every time it's fired to before it's ready to fire again and that's more than enough time for a greyshit to run up and disarm spam you to death.
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #217568

Anonmare wrote:Really expensive compared to the other weapons on offer. The SMG is literally one of the best weapons you can buy from it (in terms of just rendering someone a non-threat) and that's either just as or less expensive than the e-bow on offer here.

I'd lower it to somewhere more in the ballpark of ~5 TCs, it has a fair amount of steps to it to fire and for an OP - every second counts. The moist nugget takes being used in hand 2-3 times every time it's fired to before it's ready to fire again and that's more than enough time for a greyshit to run up and disarm spam you to death.
Edited TC price

firing action is;
unloaded bow + arrow =
loaded bow
loaded bow + in hand activation = pulled back bow (requires two hands)
ready to fire

so really only two actions, but i get your point.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #217645

You could consider making it an alternate to the mini-crossbow for Traitors. To make it something someone would buy during Nuke Ops, it would need some super powerful gimmick such as mob penetration (rod keeps going after hitting a mob, potentially hitting people behind the first), or pinning mobs to a wall like the Javelin gun from Dead Space. Otherwise, you have a strong, but harder to use ranged weapon that few would consider using outside of joke runs.
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #217647

Sounds more like something that could be craftable rather than a full on traitor weapon.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #217662

Gun Hog wrote:You could consider making it an alternate to the mini-crossbow for Traitors.
Isn't there alternative already, the big crossbow?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #217667

If there was some way to make it a useful stealth alternative to suppressed pistols that'd be pretty neat. Pull the string back as far as you can (takes a second) at the cost of speed (slows you down significantly) to do an insane amount of damage, potentially immediately knocking them into crit. The weapon could also be silent akin to the ebow as well. Kill the lights, turn on your night vision, and have a fun time hunting.
Lexorion
Byond Username: Lexorion
Github Username: Lexorion

Post by Lexorion » #217670

I made something quite similar to this a while ago when we added the wooden bow,it uses energy based (hardlight?) projectiles instead of actual arrows because people complained about the mechanics (they disliked how it worked). I like the drawing mechanic of the other bow though,so maybe we could keep that.

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #217671

Make it a scoped bow if you want viability.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #217709

Making code for hardlight bow as path of regular but no embed /yet/
Lexorion sprites yay
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #217714

What we need now is green tunic jumpsuits and wearable elf ears.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #217721

the pin action would be neat, you'd just have to offset the sprite on the last tile that you can stand on to whatever direction the wall is

having a glowing effect on the arrow would be neat when you fire it

in hindsight, it would be more logical to make this the replacement to the ebow for nuke ops.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #217728

No sound effect would offer it as a stealth weapon. I don't see much else value it would have.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)