Making the peacekeeper cyborg not useless

A place to record your ideas for the game.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Making the peacekeeper cyborg not useless

Post by kevinz000 » #226057

Peacekeeper cyborgs were a module meant to /break up/ fights by separating or otherwise physically IMPEDING a fight. They are not meant to be used to arrest or chase after people, but rather to prevent an assailant from chasing a human to harm them. But people are saying they're useless.
In any case, I'd love it if I could remove the ability for a PKborg to drag beepskies.
I can think of a few ways to make them useful.
1. Give them energy bolas again. This time they will not be rapid fire, self-remove after a second to a few seconds PROPERLY, take more energy to fire, and be more useful to break up a chase and less useful at chasing criminals. Somehow doing that is possible. Somehow.
2. Buff their existing tools to be good enough to break up fights. This is probably bad as it would be too powerful.
3. Give them a welding torch, so they can actually soak a bit of damage
4. Give them a "shield module". It won't completely block damage, just mitigate some. It will be more effective against projectile weapons as it already has tools to break up melee fights. Would have a high energy cost.
5. Five, but either projects something that lessens the damage of projectiles passing over, or projects a shield onto a human bean. Would have a high energy cost to maintain and protect.
6. Take away some of its single-target weapons and make them emag functions, and instead, give it more weaker but AOE weapons, like the harm alarm, so it can you know, actually break up a fight instead of being able to concentrate on one person to weaken and harass them.
7. Accept that it's a useless service borg 2.0 and give it more joke modules like the cookie dispenser.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Making the peacekeeper cyborg not useless

Post by PKPenguin321 » #226081

leave it as is
wew wew human harm wew wew
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #226493

Give it a stunbaton, disabler and a ziptie module.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #226495

TheNightingale wrote:Give it a stunbaton, disabler and a ziptie module.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #226496

Do that and then add a config option so we can disable them aswell.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #226498

I, as well as I'm pretty sure many other people as well, were under the impression when they got merged that they were mostly a joke where their effectiveness at actually stopping harm basically stopped at running into people to push them apart and spamming *warn and cookies. Do we really want borgs getting back into actually breaking up conflict again?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #226502

I mean some people certainly do, secborg removal was pretty controversial when it was happening. Anecdotally i feel like the game is a bit better off without them, although i would like to see tator AI winrates since they have been nixed
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #226507

Shap wrote:I, as well as I'm pretty sure many other people as well, were under the impression when they got merged that they were mostly a joke where their effectiveness at actually stopping harm basically stopped at running into people to push them apart and spamming *warn and cookies. Do we really want borgs getting back into actually breaking up conflict again?
EDIT:
Sec borg removal was the result of the usual anti-silicon bridage whining for 12 pages. I say keep peacekeeper borgs the way they are, purely out of spite.

Here's where they were first proposed, just for the sake of discussion.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #226509

Shap wrote:Do we really want borgs getting back into actually breaking up conflict again?
Yes. People got mad because they got outplayed and were bad, bring back secborgs as offense and peacekeepers as defense.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #226515

Peaceborg needs to be able to break up conflict in a passive fashion. Make it unable to be pushed and moved, like a mech. Give it ability to lock down and project a shield around itself with a push off the button. It would render the borg immobile, but could be used not only to block a corridor, but also protect a person on the ground from harm, by rolling on it and shielding up (maybe even inject epi if person is in crit). Then give it ability to extend shields again in the line to the sides, so it can block a larger hallway and divide the warring sides.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #226516

calzilla1 wrote:
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #226526

Armhulen wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
No.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #226527

Shap wrote:I, as well as I'm pretty sure many other people as well, were under the impression when they got merged that they were mostly a joke where their effectiveness at actually stopping harm basically stopped at running into people to push them apart and spamming *warn and cookies. Do we really want borgs getting back into actually breaking up conflict again?
I blame myself for not doing this earlier but I definitely didn't implement it correctly. They aren't meant to be useless except for hunting valids, which they are not meant to do.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #226640

Give them a recharging pushing foam that pushes people apart and slips them if the keep wriggling like the worms they are.

Give them a built in projective interceptor that shoots down a certain number of shots with cooldown between intercepts to reduce killy killy.

If PKP's infectious abject weakness can't stand ranged bolas let them slap them onto people with a melee interaction.

Let them shoot a temporary balloon suit onto people without something in the suit slot that ablates some damage but will pop after a while or if it takes too much to prevent bubble boy tide.

A SAFE ENOUGH SPACE FOR PKP?
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #226654

That bubble actually sounds pretty cool,give them a zero G effect for thirty seconds, but make hitting them bounch them away.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #226675

kevinz000 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
Yes.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #226679

Petition to re-enable Secborg, Peacekeeper has its own function (they are a middle-finger to the Secborg players) in crowd control and protection. If Secborg were a police officer, then Peacekeeper would be an overweight but adorable mall cop. Making the module's current features effective is the way to make PK borgs better, but they are NOT Secborgs, and should not function like one.

PK borgs will probably still be taken even if Secborgs are brought back. This is only a pipe dream, though. The community cannot handle Secborgs anymore, and the people in power will never return them.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #227009

Gun Hog wrote:Petition to re-enable Secborg, Peacekeeper has its own function (they are a middle-finger to the Secborg players) in crowd control and protection. If Secborg were a police officer, then Peacekeeper would be an overweight but adorable mall cop. Making the module's current features effective is the way to make PK borgs better, but they are NOT Secborgs, and should not function like one.

PK borgs will probably still be taken even if Secborgs are brought back. This is only a pipe dream, though. The community cannot handle Secborgs anymore, and the people in power will never return them.
bring it up with the headmins and ban everyone who think ignoring asimov as secborg is acceptable because they brought it on us R I P
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #227012

Reece wrote:That bubble actually sounds pretty cool,give them a zero G effect for thirty seconds, but make hitting them bounch them away.
but if a lizard hits them they turn into a banana

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #227013

Reece wrote:That bubble actually sounds pretty cool,give them a zero G effect for thirty seconds, but make hitting them bounch them away.
Perfect and I just thought up a name for it:
H.U.G.S.
Harm
Upending
Gel
Sphere

If the peacekeeper borg misses when firing the gel it makes a green radium like sludge mark because it being a load of slime also explains how it is shot and enveloping people.
Reece

Post by Reece » #227226

When emaged the bubble gets made a bright yellow and applies polyacid
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #227231

peacekeeper still needs a chainsaw emag module tbh
Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #227397

PKPenguin321 wrote:peacekeeper still needs a chainsaw emag module tbh
A chainsaw module would have been a lot more fitting if we'd gone with the original sprite set someone made for it where it looked more like some kind of stuffed animal with a goofy smile rather than an actual borg. Looking back at that previous thread I still think it'd be hilarious if it could get an emag module that drugged you and made you drool and giggle.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #227445

I suggested an egg rolling hacked module when it was originally proposed. Smoothed design turned deadly, be crushed under dem eggy curves as the peacekeeper tumbles across the station.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #227451

> Conversion round
> Or even traitor round
> Captain uploads Valadin/Validcop or even simple valid freeform
> Army of unstoppable secborgs hunts down every shadowling, thrall, cultist, gangster and brutally murders them on the spot
> It happened almost every goddamn round

Sure, let's go back to those times. It was so fucking fun!
Bring back papercult.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #227454

InsaneHyena wrote:> Conversion round
> Or even traitor round
> Army of unstoppable secborgs hunts down every shadowling, thrall, cultist, gangster and brutally murders them on the spot

get good and pkborgs are not secborgs
no, i'm not buffing them with the intention of a combat module.
i'm buffing them so they're not fucking completely useless and a joke.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #227456

> Or even traitor round

Hyperbolic tripe, I remember heaps of group antag rounds where playing AI melted into a chaotic mess because people were wholesale slaughtering each other in the streets while you were asimov. They were generally the worst to play as silicons.

As we get further from that fine normal time the exaggeration mounts among pond scum like you, cowering in your swaddling.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #228160

kevinz000 wrote:
> Or even traitor round

get good and pkborgs are not secborgs
no, i'm not buffing them with the intention of a combat module.
i'm buffing them so they're not fucking completely useless and a joke.
quite sure the entire point of the meme egg borg was to be a joke to appeal to the crying sec borg players tbh
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #228162

pkborg module that shits out emagged beepskies
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Smoopadoop
Byond Username: Smoopadoop

Post by Smoopadoop » #228163

aight here's my idea
peace berg gets the ability to project a "jail grid" in a 3x3 around it
anyone in it can't move out of the tile, and can't interact out of the tile. just imagine each tile being trapped in with 4 one-sided windows.
the borg can then choose to open some of the cells to let some people out, or let people navigate between cells by opening only some sides.

also give borg an epinephrine injector to stabilize people

like this
Mains:
David Bellic the Scientist (usually)
Guy Fieri the Cook (not anymore)
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #228170

Imagine locking down a corridor between the ops and the captain with that
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #228185

oi that was my idea. copyright.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #228215

We could always just re-enable Secborgs.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #228292

Aloraydrel wrote: quite sure the entire point of the meme egg borg was to be a joke to appeal to the crying sec borg players tbh
Except joke was too robust for the sentient salt entities who had sec borg removed so they NERFED A JOKE MODULE.
Reece

Post by Reece » #228297

Flashbang land mines.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #228301

Reece wrote:Flashbang land mines.
We basically have these, the portable flasher doohickeys that sec has
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #228303

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Hmm. A module that immobilises the PK borg but stuns people that get nearby.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #228413

PKPenguin321 wrote:
There are also bwoink mines, they would probably be easy to code into flash mines.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #228431

I always thought the Peacekeeper Cyborg was simply a Trojan Horse for eventually reimplementing the Security Borg in all aspects but name.

Most people, I think, approved of the Peacekeeper due to how useless it was at Peacekeeping, and that it was more of a joke.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #228441

Steelpoint wrote:I always thought the Peacekeeper Cyborg was simply a Trojan Horse for eventually reimplementing the Security Borg in all aspects but name.

Most people, I think, approved of the Peacekeeper due to how useless it was at Peacekeeping, and that it was more of a joke.
I STRIVE TO BE A "STEELPOINT" BUT NOT A STEELPOINT.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #228537

kevinz000 wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:I always thought the Peacekeeper Cyborg was simply a Trojan Horse for eventually reimplementing the Security Borg in all aspects but name.

You've failed
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #228559

have you tried going security instead of borg?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #228694

PKPenguin321 wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:

You've failed
You mean he's missing the steel-point?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #228847

DemonFiren wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:

You've failed
You mean he's missing the steel-point?
usually you save the shitposting for the morning

but i see you're off the hooks
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #228860

Ugh I couldn't work on my peacekeeper Borg PR for like a week now. Will be done I assure you
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #229932

pls
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #230068

I'm SRS I'll do it
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #230935

give them a stun baton on long cooldown, longer then the stun
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #230958

Supermichael777 wrote:give them a stun baton on long cooldown, longer then the stun
Oranges says no
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #230959

M A I N T A I N E R A G E N D A
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster