Borers and Aliens in xeno!

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Vuk Farkas
Byond Username: Vuk Farkas

Borers and Aliens in xeno!

Post by Vuk Farkas » #230637

Had an idea which i saw on some servers, where xenoresearch could breed borers and xenos (i just thought of minor changes). Xenolab currently does slimes and slimes only as an alien life form (correct me if i am wrong). It should be able to work with other things like borers and aliens...

Idea is for example, borers can be used for good (reviving / healing the player, or the borer can be basically a tutor that can owertake the body in case of danger, or heck even a punishment for grifers/criminals/etc). Borers should be also able to infect corpses (even husks) basically becoming zombies! (imagine all those corpses,(preferably dead) NPCs, or even SSD crew bein of some damn use...or hey maybe ya need a corpse retriever?). They could be ordered via cargo (a good alternative when R&D is not doing anythin, and ya need some reviver implant alternative). On some servers borers have a LOT of beneficial abilities, and heck can infect different parts of the body (which dictates their mutation options).

The Lusty Xenomorph Maid...yea we should totally have this as a janitor, especially when she constantly polishes the captns laser gun (maybe even make her an NPC as captns personal maid, with cleanbots ai, and some random sentences that preferably embarrass the captain like "sir may i/want me to polish yer gun?" or somethin silly like that). This would go well with that neutered facehugger Lamar in the RDs office. We could produce hostile xenos (saw npc xenos that worked pretty much like player controled ones, except they were a bit dumb but fast) in the xeno lab, use sentience potion on them, in which case they can be player controled, and be xenomaids, or "dogs" of security (basically drone for xenomaid, hunter for "secdog").

When player controlled they would loose most of xeno abilities, which would be preferably replaced with apropriate ones, for example xenomaid should get normal hands, a uniform and head slot (for the maid gear) with abilities to "polish" floor/items or should i be more precise clean them! It could be two abilities one for cleaning items (and people) by "spitting" on them; the other for floor (basically like a small radius clean grenade' just without all the slipping) by "planting" a "clean tile" (basically like that weed just faster and temporary) or laying an "egg" which matures in 10 seconds and bursts with effects of a clean grenade.

The "secdog" or should i say hunter, should have normal alien hands/claws, but with a stun/paralyze spit, and maybe a gear melting spit (useful to disarm the trouble maker, or melt his gear off like armor, or headgear so he can be ID-ed viasually). Could also have that ability to jump on target and knock it down, which would compensate for not being able to use any gear, and have no ranged attack to actually damage someone.

This could be achieved by somehow modifying the face-hugger to make sentient aliens (secdog or maid as a choice to the player to evolve into). Modified (sentient) Facehugger would do its standard infection thing, make a chestburster, which as i said has only 2 choices to evolve into when it matures, OR have specialized facehuggers one for each type of sentient player controlled aliens!

Another use for facehuggers would be to neuter them (basically turning them into Lamar) so they can be turned into a biological arm/weapon with creatine or whatever the chemical was called (i used that one a lot to have infinite (regenerating) propulsion in space, since as an actual weapon it was near useless, too weak in damage, at a cost of an arm). Or simply as pets (imagine security cuffing someone, then securing them to a bed, preferably while in a straight jacket so they cannot get free, and putting on a neutered facehugger, which blocks vision (and maybe hearing too) as a punishment (sence deprivation) which would also help desorienting the prisoner, especially during transport!

One more variation could be a living gas mask that would filter harmful gasses, or even create breathable air! (some servers actually have some form of biological alien gas mask that do this)

The xenos can be used this way for fun or even punishments, depending on players preference, and i know some people would love havin this in the xenolab (i mean it has friggin xeno in the name so should do more than slimes its not a slime lab).

There could be even a third alien type, useful for mining and engineering (basically more of a plasma ore shitting "dog", that is only useful for hunting pests (like mice lizards cockroaches etc) with claws that can mine. (this is actually with the lore, since NT is interested in xenos cause they make plasma) This one could crap plasma ore when fed enough (so it has a reason to eat what it catches) probably with a modified egg laying ability (just instead of laying eggs it shits plasma). As to why hunt and eat pests? well for starters mice love chewing on cables... not sure what lizards and roaches do besides being an anoyance when in numbers. It could also eat trash for food in case pests get exterminated. Wouldnt be able to use any gear, and at best would be able to carry a mining bag to collect ores, but have high survivability on lavaland (maybe even add a leap ability to jump ower lava). Its mining claws could have special damage bonus versus mobs so it can defend itself properly, and a spit which extinguishes fires would be useful, making it an excellent "retriever" for those unfortunate to be stuck or die in lavaland!

Forgot to add "secdog" and "plasma shitting miner retriever" could have an ability to "eat" and "regurgitate" bodies for transport (like normal xenos), while the xenomaid would have a "bag" to collect trash!

State yer opinions (preferably with explanations to them)!
Vuk Farkas

Re: Borers and Aliens in xeno!

Post by Vuk Farkas » #230643

Forgot to add monkeys could be used for xeno reproduction (or well humanized monkeys in worst case) if player controled humans arent volunteering ahhahaha
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #230762

>Lusty xeno maid
We move farther from god each day
Vuk Farkas

Post by Vuk Farkas » #230905

Reece wrote:>Lusty xeno maid
We move farther from god each day
It is in the official game release, ya can easily find it on the wiki too, i think there is even a book in engineering (aparently its a skyrim reference to lusty argonian maid). On some servers admins usually play as one, especially if there is no janitor. And yet on some servers players play that role (instead of the classical janitor) cause its more fun (especially if they manage to shock and/or scare players with their xeno apearance).
Bolien
Byond Username: Bolien

Post by Bolien » #230907

Through a gold slime you can get xenos already though?

Adding borers in as a chance to spawn might not be a terrible idea though.
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #230908

Vuk Farkas wrote:a skyrim reference
God does not move farther away, he is dead, his light no longer shines on this place
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #230914

letshavecake wrote:
Vuk Farkas wrote:a skyrim reference
God does not move farther away, he is dead, his light no longer shines on this place
Sadly, you are right.
No culture in these children.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #230915

i get attracted to xeno related ideas like a magnet but this one was a doozy even for me
Apparently I was an director or something.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #230933

WJohnston wrote:attracted to xeno
That's all I read.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #231495

make borers take the heads off of corpses to make zombies
Vuk Farkas

Post by Vuk Farkas » #231561

cocothegogo wrote:make borers take the heads off of corpses to make zombies
I think i already said that in some way...
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #231867

As has already been stated many times before, xeno integration into xenobio is a planned feature a long time from now. I want to finish polishing and improving xenos as is and adding some new base functions to them so it'll be possible to eventually move to that. The main premise is stealing royal jelly and organs from xenos without killing them (perhaps make the organs impossible to extract if they're dead). This would mean there'd need to be a system wherein you can knock smaller xenos out and pull them into a separate room where they are relatively harmless, and also be able to retrieve xeno jelly right from the queen. I'm thinking specially designed drones with a special lawset to retrieve shit from there. Gives something for both the ghosts and xenos to do.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Vuk Farkas

Post by Vuk Farkas » #232105

Hmm interesting! My friend would love to experiment with that! ( and well me to watch the works... with a flame-thrower ready, firesuit on and a welding helmet)