Make Nar'Sie cult summon similar to Clock Cult

A place to record your ideas for the game.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Make Nar'Sie cult summon similar to Clock Cult

Post by BeeSting12 » #240883

It would be nice to have a message that shows you the direction every seconds rather than the location to counter space bases and mislabelled maintenance places.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Make Nar'Sie cult summon similar to Clock Cult

Post by kevinz000 » #241042

Just make it state coordinates
So I can telescience.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #241045

deadmin now
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #241137

DemonFiren wrote:deadmin now
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #241139

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #241146

I mean, if you really wanted to you could move until it says "south/north" of you instead of (south/north)(west/east), take the X coordinate and repeat with west/east.

Unless the rough position indicator has changed recently.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #241238

A while back during the dumpster fire that was cult ops, I suggested that weird supernatural shit happen the closer you get to the summoning rune, with strange feelings in the general vicinity, hallucinations at medium-close range and possible fainting spells right next to it (all of which can be blocked with chaplain gear). Something like that would feel great thematically while still giving a clear indication of how close you are.

Edit: Same goes for clock cult. Make electronics act weird the closer you get to the summoning.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #241249

I agree with the sentiment here, that "SPACE TIME ANOMALY DETECTED IN MAINTENANCE ROOM #420" on a big ass station like Delta is highly unhelpful. But while I think that something like clock cult that constantly gives you a direction, or spooky stuff happening as you get closer would be very cool - Nar'Sie's summon doesn't take half the time that Ratvar's does. Unless it's a smaller station or some place like Box where everyone knows it like the back of their hand, by the time any real sort of resistance has been mustered it's already too late, the rune is down, and my interdimensional waifu is tearing a hole in reality.

Again, it's not that I don't like these ideas, but blood cult goes so fast that people hardly have a time to respond unless they're trying to summon in the middle of a crowded place. At the very least though, a single message pop-up (in addition to the central command update) giving you the direction like clockwork cult gateway would be nice.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #241310

Summoning length is another issue. It needs to take significantly longer, and have the aforementioned spooky shit happen the closer you get.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #241326

yea, because it needs to be worse than cuck cult in literally every way, right?
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #241383

The delay for normal runes is 50, the one for nar-sie's rune is 450, which comes to less than a minute from experience. Oppose that to ratvar's 5 minutes and a requirement for at least some structures. The hardest task for bloodcult is always "sacrifice person X", never "summon your fucking god from another dimension", because as soon as you get 9 people you can go to any remote location on station and as long as you hack your door close, nobody will have the time to stop you.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #241386

Iatots wrote:The delay for normal runes is 50, the one for nar-sie's rune is 450, which comes to less than a minute from experience. Oppose that to ratvar's 5 minutes and a requirement for at least some structures. The hardest task for bloodcult is always "sacrifice person X", never "summon your fucking god from another dimension", because as soon as you get 9 people you can go to any remote location on station and as long as you hack your door close, nobody will have the time to stop you.
If Mekhi is the HoS though he'll pull out his RCD and 3 boxes of flashbangs until he can chew through your defense
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #241387

Iatots wrote:The delay for normal runes is 50, the one for nar-sie's rune is 450, which comes to less than a minute from experience. Oppose that to ratvar's 5 minutes and a requirement for at least some structures. The hardest task for bloodcult is always "sacrifice person X", never "summon your fucking god from another dimension", because as soon as you get 9 people you can go to any remote location on station and as long as you hack your door close, nobody will have the time to stop you.
Because we don't get to build massive bases with magical clockwork shit that shoots lasers at the first person it sees we only get swords and not magical fucking throwing spears. We also don't get to have FREE posibrains
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #241406

The addition of all these goddamn stations does make it easier to summon. When you're just dealing with Box the location given by the summon warning is very easy to respond to. You'll find that summons on Box are rarely uncontested and since my last update I'd say that roughly 50% of summon attempts are successful there. I've seen plenty of Box cults get BTFO when they get their sacrifice, assume it will be an easy win, and start drawing the Nar'Sie rune only to have 15 validhunter/security show up and absolutely roll the cult. Even a single assistant with a welding fuel tank is enough to disrupt most summons.

I may make adjustments simply because we're running 3-4 maps now (and I hate it) and it makes it really hard to track down a summoning. I may also consider penalties for summons in space. Keep in mind it still has to be on the station z_level, and I do want to encourage creative cults to make their own bases... but maybe creating an off-station rune should double the amount of channeling time required so that people have time to suit up and locate the base. It may also be possible to give a more specific location for space summons (e.g. split space into 8 sectors like N/NE/E/SE/S...). I don't like ruling out space summons entirely though.

Perhaps I could just make it so that the Rune drawing scale with distance from the center of the station, so that you can weigh the risk/reward of fast summons near the bridge versus longer attempts out in space.

I don't want to change too much else about the summon though, it was one of the best changes I made to cult (it used to be almost instant with no warning). I've seen some of the best fights in SS13 happens when the crew rushes to try and stop a summoning. I would love to add flavor stuff though, nothing that would affect balance too much, but aesthetic stuff that lets the crew know that shit is about to go down.

In general I just got back and I'm still getting a sense for how cult is faring, apparently the stats page stopped updating in November but cult had relatively low win rates back then I think (like between 25-35%). I'd like to see win rates around 40-45%. I think the proliferation of shotgun security is the cult's biggest new problem though. If I make it easier for security to find/stop the summon you can bet I'll be making changes that strengthen the cult in other ways. Flashbang were countered by artificers, but I really don't see artificers getting used as much now - partially because its easier to get soul shards and construct shells now, and partially because artificers, and constructs in general, become a joke when security is toting around shotguns that will one-shot them.

I may even consider reversing the current weapon balance by making constructs weak to lasers but resistance to ballistics since right now shotgun lethals are pretty much super effective against everything in the game right now.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #241535

I think just making space into sectors like Robustin said, and maybe giving a penalty for summoning in space, would be great. Maybe fixing the maintenance summon messages, some of those are messed up. Only one off the top of my head I can think of is maintenance near medbay being called engineering maintenance.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #241550

That sounds like a mapping issue, what map was it?
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #241556

Oldman Robustin wrote:That sounds like a mapping issue, what map was it?
Metastation, I think there's a few areas that don't give the right maintenance location but can't remember off the top of my head.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #241589

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #245023

While cult spess bases were clever the first time, I'm getting the feeling that they're just a bit too strong. You essentially have to meta their existence to counter them "oh we have a cult? get the eva gear" and that kinda counters the concept of having a station-antag in the first place.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #245424

Primary issue is that cult bases on the space station have a very short shelf life, especially with roving Geneticsts with x-ray and hulk who bypass the whole "no maintenance access" by just punching around the doors. The Hereteks have Ocular wardens who can at least pose a threat to x-ray users and their floors being invisible to mesons. I think Bloodcultists might need an anti-x-ray/meson vision thingamajig too.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #245750

I gave blood cult meson protection for their tiles a while ago, I'm not sure if the same applies to structures - but I think theyre meson proof too.

Xray is an issue but a hard one to balance. On one hand there are bases that would be absurdly hard to find without xray and genetics is something thats pretty easy to counter if the cult doesn't ignore it for 30 minutes.

Overall I don't think ill mess with genetics v. cult balance because its just "one of those things" that the cult has to be ready for, if the cult doesn't want to have to worry about it, its really not hard to EMP their shit or use any other number of methods to stop them before they're fully loaded on powers.
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #247835

mutadone that hoe in the name of public safty, once the scientist is a wimpy geneticist once more beat he ass.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #247839

Add some AoE talisman that deals damage based on the number of genetic/viral powers the victims have

purge the mutant
Weepo

Post by Weepo » #249403

Alternative point to the OP: Don't make any part of bloodcult anything like Cuckcult and delete clockcult from the goddamn game. Its the worst.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #250055

starmute wrote:
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #250080

It is becoming increasingly silly to maintain two cult modes since they both grapple with the same game play issues and get similar solutions for them
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #250081

Kor wrote:It is becoming increasingly silly to maintain two cult modes since they both grapple with the same game play issues and get similar solutions for them
Remove clock cult when?
Bring back papercult.

Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #250723

Oldman Robustin wrote:Perhaps I could just make it so that the Rune drawing scale with distance from the center of the station, so that you can weigh the risk/reward of fast summons near the bridge versus longer attempts out in space.
I like this angle. Yogs just nixed the option to summon nar'sie in space (or other z-levels), which also works.
Weepo

Post by Weepo » #254328

InsaneHyena wrote:
Kor wrote:It is becoming increasingly silly to maintain two cult modes since they both grapple with the same game play issues and get similar solutions for them
Remove clock cult when?