Remove HoP Antagonist

A place to record your ideas for the game.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Remove HoP Antagonist

Post by BeeSting12 » #242717

HoP antagonist doesn't seem like a good idea to me for several reasons-
  • Roundstart all access. Like playing captain traitor, except you have to take five extra seconds to upgrade your ID.
  • Tends to promote playing the job for antagonist. People may play the job for antagonist, and not do well at it when not an antagonist.
  • Too much trust is placed in the role. It's common to see HoPs running in departments that aren't theirs like they own the place, and you often get called shitcurity or even mutinied against for arresting them there.
  • Discourages people from ahelping clearly shit actions due to the possibility of the HoP being an antagonist. HoPs should be held to standards, and oftentimes they aren't enforced due to nobody ahelping when they see HoPs acting terrible.
  • The second inline to be captain should not be able to get antagonist. How does that even make sense?
  • Is not challenging at all. Seriously, it's supereasy, especially for steal objectives. Even for the kill objectives, you have a roundstart energy gun and telebaton, and noone will bat an eye if they see a HoP kill someone unless someone sees traitor items pulled out.
Anyway, I probably didn't express myself that well here but what I'm trying to say is that HoP antagonist is a bad idea for many reasons, and shouldn't be a thing.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Re: Remove HoP Antagonist

Post by Sweets » #242719

This must be a Bagil issue, because I can assure you HoPs have one of the highest antag failure rates on Sybil.

1. All access doesnt mean a damn thing when greytiders/clown/mime/Chaplain have stolen caps spare or broken in everywhere.
2. Wardens and sec officers regularly assaulting HoPs for stepping in the armory/equipment rooms.
3. Other antagonists/greytiders seeing a lone HoP wandering around and jumping on him like a loot pinata
4. Cuban Peter/Loves-The-Ashdrakes/other chaos causing figures usually getting HOp killed in a crossfire.
5. Almost every HoP player is inrobust as fuck.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #242721

BeeSting12 wrote: :salt:
Who hurt you
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #242725

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote: :salt:
Who hurt you
I haven't been killed by a HoP in recent memory. Just seemed pretty stupid that a head of staff gets roundstart all access and antagonist.
Sweets wrote:This must be a Bagil issue, because I can assure you HoPs have one of the highest antag failure rates on Sybil.

1. All access doesnt mean a damn thing when greytiders/clown/mime/Chaplain have stolen caps spare or broken in everywhere.
2. Wardens and sec officers regularly assaulting HoPs for stepping in the armory/equipment rooms.
3. Other antagonists/greytiders seeing a lone HoP wandering around and jumping on him like a loot pinata
4. Cuban Peter/Loves-The-Ashdrakes/other chaos causing figures usually getting HOp killed in a crossfire.
5. Almost every HoP player is inrobust as fuck.
1- They'll get arrested for it, the HoP won't unless he trespasses in security
2- Security will usually stop the HoP from getting the armory, yes. That's pretty much the only area I see HoPs get stopped at.
3- Happens when the HoP is a nonantagonist too, not really an arguement as this can happen with any job.
4- This can happen with anyone.
5- Can't argue with that.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #242739

Paranoia is dead
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #242766

Shaps wrote:Paranoia is dead
Only :salt:
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #243079

Sweets wrote:5. Almost every HoP player is inrobust as fuck.
Occasional HoP player, can confirm unrobustitude.
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Post by OhChildflayer » #243733

First thing I do as traitor HoP is remove all of the Sec, Warden, and Detective jobs. Then give all access to anyone who wants it as I keep closing job slots for everything but Clown and Mime. Sit back and enjoy the tide coming in.

Also, can confirm: Least Robust 2016 here.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #243735

I support the removal of hoptagonist
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #243736

It never made much sense that the same person that's second in line to be captain, and that is supposed to manage service and cargo is not considered a head for rev and traitor purposes.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #243739

D&B wrote:It never made much sense that the same person that's second in line to be captain, and that is supposed to manage service and cargo is not considered a head for rev and traitor purposes.
What do you mean? Revs have to kill the HoP and all heads except HoS and Captain can currently be traitors.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #243740

Yeah, that was part of my thinking for removing HoP antagonist. The other heads are okay, I guess, but the HoS and HoP are traditionally next to be captain, and shouldn't be antagonist because of it.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #243753

TribeOfBeavers wrote:
D&B wrote:It never made much sense that the same person that's second in line to be captain, and that is supposed to manage service and cargo is not considered a head for rev and traitor purposes.
What do you mean? Revs have to kill the HoP and all heads except HoS and Captain can currently be traitors.
Do HoPs count as a head of staff?

Last time I played they didn't spawn with a loyalty implant, and thus they could be converted or more conveniently killed.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #243754

D&B wrote:
TribeOfBeavers wrote:
Do HoPs count as a head of staff?

Last time I played they didn't spawn with a loyalty implant, and thus they could be converted or more conveniently killed.
They do, but they can still be converted into gangs or cult. They don't have a mindshield implant, the only heads that do are the HoS and captain. This idea is proposing that HoPs either not get traitor or get a roundstart mindshield implant, or both.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #243832

I'm for it, fuck HoPs and HoP-Cops