Mind control drone.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Mind control drone.

Post by Weepo » #243204

An insidious device, these drone spawn deactivated and are obviously syndicate tech. Using the deactivated drone will reboot its ai (summon a ghost) and activate it, once activated the drone can scuttle around freely, unlike an actual drone this version has a few nasty tricks and no laws save syndicate laws:

MC drones can see people and hear you but cannot talk at all except when attached to a person, they can only speak with their 'host'

Disguise: If the drone wears a hat or mask, it can scuttle inside of it like a hermit crab and take on the appearance of the hat's ground sprite, in this mode it can be lifted and worn freely making taking over targets a breeze if they're foolish enough to do that. Moving cancels this.
Leap: An offensive move that jets the drone forward in its walking direction, if it hits a target it will either knock their hats off (if they're wearing a removable hat, exohelms and stuff are not able to be knocked off) or if they have no hat, it will place you on their head.

A mind control drone works similar to a cortical borer, only more offensive and with the ability to bail out at any time, you're not expected to stick with one body for any length of time, although you can if they cooperate. You cannot be taken off by the person you're controlling. Speaking while attached will give you direct communication with your host and only your host.

Inject: Injects drugs from a list, mute toxin, meth, omnizine, salabutamol, chloral hydrate, morphine and cyanide
Shock: Stuns your body, good if they're attempting to smack themselves in the head to knock you off or making them silent while you inject mute or morphine
Speak: Lets you talk through the hosts mouth, use this to assure people everything is fine while your body flails around and attempts to stab them-self in the head to get you off.
Leap: Jump off your host, better hope you morphine'd them up or else they'll definitely be out to get you.
Control: The mind control drone's gimmick, this will let you take VERY SHORT PERIODS (twenty to fourty seconds randomly) of direct control over your host, the timer is random and only the host will know when its going to end meaning they have that jump on you if they're quick.

Attacking a droned person in the head will have a chance to knock the drone off them, but also counts as attacking the host in the head

I dunno what gamemode would fit these little jerks best but I'd love to see them be a thing, maybe a super expensive traitor item? Maybe nuke only.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Mind control drone.

Post by Armhulen » #243205

sounds really annoying
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #243263

Isn't this just cortical borer
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #243270

PKPenguin321 wrote:Isn't this just cortical borer
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #243272

kevinz000 wrote:
francinum
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Post by francinum » #243273

TheColdTurtle wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #243274

it's cortical borer, but with deathchems

:thinking:
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #243291

francinum wrote:
TheColdTurtle wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #243336

Pretty sure corts don't get direct control or the ability to jump ship when things get crazy.
Mindustry
Byond Username: Mindustry

Post by Mindustry » #243342

One of the main features of cortical borers is the ability to take control of your host for an indefinite amount of time. Borers also always have the ability to leave their host at any moment.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #243343

MrEousTranger wrote:
francinum wrote:
TheColdTurtle wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:Isn't this just cortical borer but worse?
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #243481

With that said, I thought we learned that taking a character over as a core feature of an [antag, meaning they get semi-free reign] was bad?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #243496

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
With that said, I thought we learned that taking a character over as a core feature of an [antag, meaning they get semi-free reign] was bad?
I feel like it could be okay if the thing that was taking control was actually an antag

Like what if borers had a 50% chance to have the goal to kill as many dudes as possible
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #243580

PKPenguin321 wrote:
I feel like it could be okay if the thing that was taking control was actually an antag

Like what if borers had a 50% chance to have the goal to kill as many dudes as possible
spawn

*suicide

spawn

*suicide

spawn

YES KILL EVERYONE
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #243664

PKPenguin321 wrote:

your lings rounds would be ruined still AND entirely valid for borers to do no questions asked since killing you, regardless of if you were helping them kill, was still within the scope of their objective :^)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #243701

yeah but that'll happen anyways, at least people will be more hesitant to let a worm crawl into their brain
Spoiler:
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #243810

Any kind of antag drone with the same speed, size and ability to pass through doors is a horrifically bad idea.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #244303

PKPenguin321 wrote:yeah but that'll happen anyways, at least people will be more hesitant to let a worm crawl into their brain
I agree with doing something to make people not want borers all the time - but killing just isn't fitting for borers in my opinion. I'd rather give something like fully taking control of a player if they let them grow in their head for long enough.