Gamemode where you find dirty corporate secrets

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Smoopadoop
Byond Username: Smoopadoop

Gamemode where you find dirty corporate secrets

Post by Smoopadoop » #244535

Roundstart, some people start with secrets, or information. They MUSTN'T let this get public.
Other people have the objective of finding and publicizing this information. They may or may not know who holds it, or where it is.

I'm not super sure of this idea, so lets brainstorm it.
Where would the information be? Physical documents? Computers? Who gets it and why?
How would an antag find these secrets? Hacking? Espionage?
Do the antags get special gear like traitors?
What counts as "publicizing"? Would the secret have a button next to it saying "upload"? Would you have to read it over radio, like WGW? Would you have to make sure a certain number of people read the secret?

Brainstorm time people
Mains:
David Bellic the Scientist (usually)
Guy Fieri the Cook (not anymore)
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Gamemode where you find dirty corporate secrets

Post by DemonFiren » #244572

If they get any antag gear the result will be: hide or destroy documents, murderbone.
If no murder gear is provided: suicide, bad antag, waaah.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #244576

How about letting them get a special machine that lets them print posters that contain discovered secrets
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #244581

one possible location should be the R&D server so it actually sees use (it would have to be blocked from the AI somehow)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #244582

I'd be worried that this might turn into the equivalent of getting a steal objective only to find that someone "secured" all the objectives at roundstart and now you have no way of knowing who has the thing you're trying to steal.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #244645

How about we give a couple of players an objective to carry out unethical tasks (upgrade RnD machinery with HUMAN BRAINS! or somesuch, put fluoride in water/cryo/sleepers/barman drinks, etc,) with some kind of paper from NT that they can show sec to force sec to cooperate (machinery upgraded with human brains, for example, doesn't really give a clue that anything is wrong. You have to disassemble it to see the brain inside; it also gives unethicals a steady trickle of points that they need to greentext).

And we have a couple of players who are "truthers" and start with cameras with special film.

Truthers have to photo evidence of unethical shit (e.g. locate machinery with a human brain in it, take a photo) using special film and upload it to newscasters, every view of those news increases a counter that, when it hits, say, 100, makes NT reveal identity of the truthers to "unethical players", they have to work with sec to take truthers down; if the counter hits, say, 200, NT decides to try to maintain some kind of plausible deniability, announces that "unethical players" are Syndicate agents, and that truthers are vigilantes to be arrested? I dunno.

Crew win if NT declares unethical players syndicate agents, they're arrested and delivered to Centcomm alive, and truthers are alive (arrested too?)
Truthers win as crew but gotta escape free
Sec wins as crew if NT declares unethicals as syndicates, otherwise only has to arrest truthers
Unethicals win if they accumulate enough points through their unethical activities and escape free

So basically unethicals try to do their shit covertly (they get points for it or whatever), crew tries to tip off truthers without getting arrested by sec/riot, truthers try to show people the truth without getting arrested/killed for breaking machinery, and sec just arrests whomever NT orders them do.

Nobody gets antag gear (or maybe only stealth items).
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #244656

Show me the captains birth certificate!!!
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #244659

the problem is that the standard operation of a space station is already unethical as fuck
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #244680

also for the first stage even if sec do arrest the truthers they'll make them keep uploading photos to the 200 point mark so they can arrest the unethicals too and get maximum arrestitude

remember that time on vg when some of the crew got a catbeast virus and instead of curing it, sec just locked them in a pen and waited for them to become valid?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #244684

I mean the medical staff got into it too.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #244748

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Show me the captains birth certificate!!!
THE CAPTAIN WAS BORN IN CLOWNYA! HE IS HALF-MIME!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #244759

>voting for a ligger captain
Good.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #244949

Screemonster wrote:also for the first stage even if sec do arrest the truthers they'll make them keep uploading photos to the 200 point mark so they can arrest the unethicals too and get maximum arrestitude
That's why the unethicals can't really trust sec and should rather aim to murder truthers or pretend they're some other antags so sec executes them while the gamemode is not yet revealed to sec.

I don't think the gamemode will be hard to code too, I'm not sure if byond can register views. Though I guess it can count uses of newscasters/newspapers.
Sad elegy
Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #244957

>sec discovers a guy ranting about dirty corporate secrets
>sec arrests him but keeps an eye on him and listens to him because WHAT IF THE CONSPIRACY IS REAL?
>sec defends the guy ranting about dirty secrets from corrupt officials and later ends up arresting said officials
it's actually just like pottery
Sad elegy