Augmented Implants

A place to record your ideas for the game.
TheVeryShyguy
Byond Username: TheVeryShyguy

Augmented Implants

Post by TheVeryShyguy » #246540

So, in /TG/, there are ways to put robot limbs on a person, the only implantable object which I can see is the tool-set... This is unacceptable.

here is a list of implants for augmented limbs, so they can be more useful instead of a prosthetic when medical runs out of synthflesh.
Arms: Since roboticists and engineers use the tool-set implant, Medical, and sec should get some as well, Medical should have a syringe gun implant, and sec could have a Taser or disable implant, as well as storage for other sec tools.
Legs: Legs should have maggot implants, so people with augmented legs and a mag implant can walk with ease in zero gravity, perhaps a jump boot implant as well. Perhaps an arm blade for combat.
Eyes: Eyes already have several implants, but there should be a bit more, like an x-ray implant, to see what is in lockers or crates (or under peoples clothing) And since there is already a med and sec hub, there should be one for diagnostics as well.

Hacking: Like any other piece of machinery on tg station, you open up a panel with a screw driver, and multitool/wire cutter to have benefits. this should be the same for augmented limbs, so you can run faster, punch harder, and do other cool stuff. there should be debuffs as well, for balance. Also, augmented limbs can still be burned and bruised, please fix this.

Cheast implants: You should also have multiple implant in the cheast.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Re: Augmented Implants

Post by Drynwyn » #246544

Weapons in implants are a big balance no-no because they can't be dropped or stolen.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
TheVeryShyguy
Byond Username: TheVeryShyguy

Post by TheVeryShyguy » #246546

perhaps there can be some balances, like taser rounds for the taser arm, and the syringe can just be for medicine. Or if you hack it, for toxins, what I'm trying to say is: there can be balances.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #246548

Most of your ideas are already in the game as adminspawn items.
Guess who made arm esword/baton/medigun implants?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #246584

Light up eye implants. Make your eyes glow blue like jc Denton also lets you wear sunglasses in the dark

My vision is augmented
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #246590

Suggested this a while back. I'd love to see more utility implants
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #246629

TheVeryShyguy wrote:maggot implants
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #246688

You can already put multiple implants in your chest, and the x-ray eye implant is already a thing. Magboot implants could be a cool idea.

Hacking as you described it doesn't sound good, since it basically adds an extra step to an already overly long surgery process, and it'll turn away people from augmenting even more.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #246725

i was the guy that originally coded arm implant shit

hint: it's overpowered as fuck and probably never gonna be in the real game to its full extent. tools arm implant is fine because it's just tools so whatever.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #246737

PKPenguin321 wrote:i was the guy that originally coded arm implant shit

hint: it's overpowered as fuck and probably never gonna be in the real game to its full extent. tools arm implant is fine because it's just tools so whatever.
I don't think it would be too bad if it was little things like syringes, space cleaner dispenser, etc.
Shadowizard
Byond Username: Shadowizard23

Post by Shadowizard » #250267

TheVeryShyguy wrote:perhaps there can be some balances, like taser rounds for the taser arm, and the syringe can just be for medicine. Or if you hack it, for toxins, what I'm trying to say is: there can be balances.
What if the "weapon arms" have to be surgically removed to recharge or reload? It balances the lack of ability to be dropped with a major disadvantage in convenience.
If people didn't want to use them after that, maybe the battery/whatever could be doubled? A laser sword arm is probably a no-go regardless.
Adam Twelve
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #250287

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Light up eye implants. Make your eyes glow blue like jc Denton also lets you wear sunglasses in the dark

My vision is augmented
danno tried to code this but he gave up. please pm him and throw rocks at his heads to encourage him to power through and continue
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #250289

also they weren't light up eyes it was just surgery to scoop out your eyeballs and replace them with flashlights, permanently blinding you
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #250418

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Light up eye implants. Make your eyes glow blue like jc Denton also lets you wear sunglasses in the dark

My vision is augmented
They do change your eye color, but eye pixels are easily concealed. There's also the problem that anyone can use any color for their eyes. An overlay that sits on top of clothing that hides the eyes would be necessary for this, but I don't know how feasible this is with the current system without snowflaking it.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #250529

captain sawrge wrote:

My vision is augmented
danno tried to code this but he gave up. please pm him and throw rocks at his heads to encourage him to power through and continue
Or I could :^)