Wiznerds suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Wiznerds suggestions

Post by Weepo » #248645

I'm just gonna suggest a ton of miscellaneous wizard bullshit up in this thread and you're gonna sit there and take it you little bitch.

Steal spell: 1 point, GIME DAHT: charges in your hand like stoneform or disintegrate, quick cooldown, basically this spell is the annoying little brother of instant recall. Once its charged in your hand simply click on something you want and it teleports to your hand. This works on players as well, if you charge it in your left you'll steal whats in their left hand, right to right, or if you charge it in both your hands you can yoink everything from their hands. Great for when some uppity staff assistant nabs a staff off you or some hotshit RD comes storming up with a bag full of advanced energy guns. Works on anyone you can see but has a range limit!

Wizard protection: As it stands making weeping angels using stoneform and the staff of animation is a bad idea, if there's no admins on you're all but guaranteed to get mauled horribly by the adrenalized statue who doesn't quite realize they're a rockboy now. A wizard in garb should be protected against the attacks of his minions. If the statue or other minion attempts to attack the wizard it should just fail with a message about how thats not a good idea.

Staff ritual: 2 points. You raise any staff you got in hand above your head (a visible emote) and a big rune appears and a timer ticks down. At the end of the timer every valid target for the staff in the area is struck by a bolt from the staff, usually draining it substantially. This could turn an entire ganksquad's fallen weapons and limbs into animated objects or reanimate an entire room of corpses, whatever you got the staffs for really.

Animating an MMI, brain or positronic brain with a staff of animation should let them move and speak and attack on their own (with wizard protection of course)

Real bag of holding: 2points Its an actual bag of holding, the real non science kind. Only wiznerds (on nerds wearing a wizards clothing) can open it and it holds even more than dumb bluespace nonsense bags. Keep a collection of staffs in here.
Weepo

Re: Wiznerds suggestions

Post by Weepo » #254366

Netherportal: Basically a grodey gem you buy for two points, when deployed it vanishes and creates a gnarly portal into the planes of evil. If a ghost flies over it / joins from it they spawn in as a red skinned humanoid 'devil', they got obvious red tails, red skin and horns. Devils are as sturdy as people and have mostly all the same abilities to make up for the fact they appear buck ass naked and empty handed. They're valid as heck and the moment they fall into crit they vanish in a puff of smoke, vaporizing all their worn equipment and dropping anything they were holding. Of course they can just respawn at the portal!

Smacking the portal deals brute to ALL devils, once all the devils are dead it can be broken. Meaning that the devils will naturally be incentivized to defend their portal and murder anyone trying to get at it. Holy water on the portal can clog it and really hurts it, once its destroyed all the devils begin to choke and eventually die.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #254573

Weepo wrote:Netherportal: Basically a grodey gem you buy for two points, when deployed it vanishes and creates a gnarly portal into the planes of evil. If a ghost flies over it / joins from it they spawn in as a red skinned humanoid 'devil', they got obvious red tails, red skin and horns. Devils are as sturdy as people and have mostly all the same abilities to make up for the fact they appear buck ass naked and empty handed. They're valid as heck and the moment they fall into crit they vanish in a puff of smoke, vaporizing all their worn equipment and dropping anything they were holding. Of course they can just respawn at the portal!

Smacking the portal deals brute to ALL devils, once all the devils are dead it can be broken. Meaning that the devils will naturally be incentivized to defend their portal and murder anyone trying to get at it. Holy water on the portal can clog it and really hurts it, once its destroyed all the devils begin to choke and eventually die.
make them imps with a weakass fireball attack that does like 10 burn
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #254592

I approve of minion abilities, since they give the dead something fun to do.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #254659

Give wiznerd a spell that turns all projectiles and thrown items around him into flowers like in animes:

[youtube]EKxBNhbBc50[/youtube]
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #254887

From this concept nobody liked: What if wizards had more scavenger hunt-style objectives, focused on obtaining "items of mystic significance"?

For example:
Gather at least 5 of the following 6 spell components:
1. A wanted poster of Timato Vegetable, the Botanist.
2. An electric razor that has shaved the heads of at least 3 medbay staff.
3. The keys to the warden's secway.
4. The right arm of Nickoli Huey, the Detective.
5. An 'Antimov' Core AI Module.
6. The captain's bedsheet.

Larger possible objective list:
Spoiler:

-The (head, brain, heart, left arm, right leg, etc.) of (name), the (any role)
-One of the (head role)'s uniforms.
-The keys to the (janitor's janikart, warden's secway, etc.)
-The golden championship belt in the vault.
-The bartender's beer goggles
-Three kinds of coins.
-10 unprocessed pieces of (type) ore.
-A circuit board with the (Antimov, Robocop, any of the weirder ones that are found in AI upload and take minerals for R&D to make) lawset.
-Three headsets containing encryption keys with access to the command channel.
-A wanted poster of (name), the (role)
-A syringe with at least 5u of blood from (name), the (role)
-An electric razor that has shaved the heads of at least 3 (department) staff.
-A photocopy of someone's ass, with at least 3 different stamps of approval.
-The captain's bedsheet.
-A soda can of (brand) containing at least 10u of (omnizine, holy water, cryoxadone, tomato juice)
-A singularity generator.
-Various high-risk items sure why not.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #254904

Most of the objectives could be lost before the wizard TPS into station, and the current item loot wizards have (along with kill objectives) let them loose enough that they can actually choose spells they'd want to try out.

Say we had that shaving objective. This means you will be restricted into taking stuns, or you'd have to absolutely raid the armory just to get a way of immobilizing someone long enough to shave em.

Adds a lot of constraints that are useless, honestly.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #254946

D&B wrote:Most of the objectives could be lost before the wizard TPS into station, and the current item loot wizards have (along with kill objectives) let them loose enough that they can actually choose spells they'd want to try out.

Say we had that shaving objective. This means you will be restricted into taking stuns, or you'd have to absolutely raid the armory just to get a way of immobilizing someone long enough to shave em.

Adds a lot of constraints that are useless, honestly.
Changing it to 4/6 or 5/7 items could address could ease both potential for getting screwed and the danger of playstyle restriction. And the majority of the items on list (save the champion's belt, captain's bedsheet, keys, and I suppose a specific person's blood/body parts if they get immediately spaced) can made, reordered or have at least one spare. Can't say the same for things like CE's magboots or the HoS's personal gun.

As for shaving objective: Time stop? Lightning bolt? Loot energy gun from HoP office? Make a stunprod? Beat them into crit? Spell them into crit? Make space lube? Gank an officer for his gear? Set all the medbay staff to arrest and let beepsky bag them? Tell a skeleton to go figure it out? And that's all assuming the objective wants the person shaved to be alive.

I could be biased here; I'm the kind of traitor who always picks surplus crates and then plans accordingly, so I wouldn't mind the similar situation if my wizard spells weren't convenient for all my scavenger hunt goals. But to my mind, they give the wizard's power a purpose, a set of problems that are more than just some 5-minute afterthought. Someone who truly wants nothing more than to dick around all shift and use their chosen spells whenever a viable target enters their field of vision can still do so, they just might not get greentext.
Weepo

Post by Weepo » #255227

Here's a question, if your ID got shat on in its thread why the fuck are you shitting up MINE with it?
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #255248

I wanted to see if there was any interest in just finding more wizardy objectives for the standard wizard game mode. You had made a thread wiznerd suggestions.

I actually really like Steal, and regret not saying so before now. Staff Ritual's uses seem relatively limited for the cost; would you want it to also work with wands?
Weepo

Post by Weepo » #255780

I'm guessing any kind of firable magical type deal including the spellblade. Even a wand of nothing if you're into being a big idiot. The 'timer' should be pretty quick (to make up for the fact you have to stand still which is a huge no no), enough for a smart, on the ball person to dip but a rabid validhunter going for the robust clicks might not, plus when I say a 'big rune' I mean 'most of the screen'