possible implementation for VR sleepers

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

possible implementation for VR sleepers

Post by PKPenguin321 » #248995

Put a couple in a little section in the bar. They put your avatar on the thunderdome (or maybe just a replica thunderdome since admins used the regular one plus it's like 3 feet from centcomm which has pulse rifles and shit) and it works kind of like the holodeck thunderdome module, where both sides have a ready up button. If both ready up buttons are pressed and only one person/team remains alive, it kicks everybody out and resets the thunderdome.

The entertainment monitors which already exist in the bar could be used to spectate these fights.
These holofights could be a way for the station to end disputes.
These holofights could be hijacked by a traitor, who forces two unwilling participants to fight and kills the loser.

We already have VR sleepers in the code, so why not?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: possible implementation for VR sleepers

Post by D&B » #248999

If you die in the game do you die in real life?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #249000

D&B wrote:If you die in the game do you die in real life?
only if its emagged
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #249023

I know we have code for them but the problem is if its anything like goon they'll just wind up vestigial and unused 100% of the time. Why would you bother doing things double virtually when nothing you do in 'real' spaceman life matters anyhow?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #249124

I remember there being a plan to have a "Virtual" side of the station where crew with certain levels of access (and traitors with emags) have tools to mess around with the machinery on the station as well as attack the AI on it's "home turf".
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #249125

Anonmare wrote:I remember there being a plan to have a "Virtual" side of the station where crew with certain levels of access (and traitors with emags) have tools to mess around with the machinery on the station as well as attack the AI on it's "home turf".
wasn't related to this.
there have been 100s of "VR" concepts for SS13.
私は完璧
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #249426

Weepo wrote:I know we have code for them but the problem is if its anything like goon they'll just wind up vestigial and unused 100% of the time. Why would you bother doing things double virtually when nothing you do in 'real' spaceman life matters anyhow?
Biggest problem I see is that it's require a bunch of people interested in doing it, kind of like with the holodeck. Something that could be interesting though would be VR versions of gateway missions (or maybe Gauntlet style maps). You'd be able to play them solo but if you wanted you could co-op them with other people using the VR sleepers. Completing a map by getting to the exit could reward you with prizes and you could have a high score system based on loot (maybe gold coins with an extremely high stack limit) collected in the game and mobs killed.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #249434

VR cafe to simulate virtual dates where the machines dispense cyanide and kill real spessmen w h e n
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #249438

CTF being repurposed for VR would be neat, maybe.
scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #250489

New antag exists only in the vr realm. Grows in power over time. Will eventually get powerful enough to manifest IRL (IRSpessstation) and rekt everyone's shit. Must go into the cyberspess and defeat before it can do this. Something Something Reboot, Tron, Oculus rift.
Thanks, Kev.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #250808

factoryman942 wrote:
D&B wrote:If you die in the game do you die in real life?
only if its emagged
scrubs2009 wrote:New antag exists only in the vr realm. Grows in power over time. Will eventually get powerful enough to manifest IRL (IRSpessstation) and rekt everyone's shit. Must go into the cyberspess and defeat before it can do this. Something Something Reboot, Tron, Oculus rift.
Actually pretty good ideas
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #251341

make the lavaland labour shuttle a VR brig, allow the warden to punish prisoners with monsters, but killing more monsters awards more points followed by release into the real world
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #251539

scrubs2009 wrote:New antag exists only in the vr realm. Grows in power over time. Will eventually get powerful enough to manifest IRL (IRSpessstation) and rekt everyone's shit. Must go into the cyberspess and defeat before it can do this. Something Something Reboot, Tron, Oculus rift.
Male it so that if it manifests it also starts warping reality, merging meat space and cyberspace. Floors and walls change to have a Tron like appearance and deadly proxies start popping up all around the station