The Coolest Man Ever

A place to record your ideas for the game.
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

The Coolest Man Ever

Post by JJRcop » #252703

So I just had this idea for a random event I want to code in a few weeks/next month possibly where the corpse of the coolest man that ever lived just floats through space and comes to rest on the exterior of the station somewhere. This corpse would be completely loaded with "rockstar cool" gimmick items and stuff, I want to completely deck it out with tons of dumb "cool rockstar" gimmicks, since it'd be rareish. I have a few ideas but I want to try and see what other things you guys can come up with for it.

ATM I've thought of:

Infinity shades that spawn new ones on the person's eyes if you try to take them off normally, the duplicates are not infinite.
An exclusive DNA power that causes anyone directly adjacent you to dance around for a short while, while also occasionally doing the same thing to the holder.

???
I lurk quite often...
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: The Coolest Man Ever

Post by confused rock » #252706

Would the glorf jumpsuit fit this is a 12/10 idea either way maybe give him a cool set of eyeballs thAt automatically close when explosions/flashbangs happen to avoid blindness
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #252731

- Leather Jacket of Resist Explosion Effects, including damage, knockdown etc. Only works at a certain distance from the centre of the explosion, ie when you're walking away from it.
- Jeans of Explosion-Reactive Temporal Dilation, slows down time temporarily when things explode in proximity to the wearer.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #252800

AnonymousNow wrote:- Leather Jacket of Resist Explosion Effects, including damage, knockdown etc. Only works at a certain distance from the centre of the explosion, ie when you're walking away from it.
- Jeans of Explosion-Reactive Temporal Dilation, slows down time temporarily when things explode in proximity to the wearer.
let me just tell you codewise this is infeasible as it'll involve hooking into every single thing on the server to induce a delay into them, and detecting walking away from an explosion is too.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #252801

kevinz000 wrote:
AnonymousNow wrote:- Leather Jacket of Resist Explosion Effects, including damage, knockdown etc. Only works at a certain distance from the centre of the explosion, ie when you're walking away from it.
let me just tell you codewise this is infeasible as it'll involve hooking into every single thing on the server to induce a delay into them, and detecting walking away from an explosion is too.
Lets be honest. If you code something interesting you have to also code it to not instantly die to bombs or toxins will 100% ruin the fun for everyone.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #252803

kevinz000 wrote:
override ex_act()
get direction of explosion source relative to mob
if direction of explosion is opposite to facing, mob is walking and mob recently moved, return 0
else ..()

:c4:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #252887

A bottle of double X beer.

A switchblade comb that when you melee someone with it their hairstyle changes to the megapompadour

Gloves that let you repair broken machines by punching them.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #252987

I need ideas just as silly and entertaining, but more feasibly codeable.

Pair of gloves that activate to produce a small hand-held flame. Evidently this person used them to click his fingers and light his cigarette.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.