The easy B.A.K.E

A place to record your ideas for the game.
scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

The easy B.A.K.E

Post by scrubs2009 » #253175

I think having all of the cooking recipes in the crafting menu is dumb. There are broad useful categories like makeshift weapons, tribal, misc, etc, and then there are 30 different pages of pastries that no one but the chef will ever be making. I say we put a machine in the kitchen where ingredients can be loaded to make food. It would upgrade like this

Basic manipulators
To make a Margherita pizza you would have to make the pizza bread, cut the cheese slices, and get tomatoes. Then put them all in the machine and it would display available things that can be made with the ingredients inside.

Micro manipulators
The machine can now slice on it's own. Instead of having to cut the cheese wheel to make the slices you could just stick the wheel in and it would do it automatically.

Nano manipulators
The machine can now microwave as well. Instead of having to microwave dough to make pizza bread before sticking it in you could just put in the dough.

Pico manipulators
The machine can now also roll bread. No need to even roll the dough

Femto manipulators
The machine can now also process ingredients and gives a 10% boost to the amount of processed goods received

The machine would also have lasers which would decrease the cooking time with each upgrade and matter bins which would increase the amount of ingredients that can be added at once. For example you couldn't just load all the ingredients for a super bite burger without high tier bins. This machine isn't designed to be used as a storage bin for ingredients.

The idea is over the course of the shift the chef would go from relying heavily on the microwave, processes, rolling pin, knives, etc to being more free to make a larger amount and more complicated dishes
Thanks, Kev.
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Re: The easy B.A.K.E

Post by Iatots » #253201

The tabs are clunky, yes. But you are still putting in a window for the menu.
the slowest part is not slicing cheese, making bread etc, but just waiting for crafting menu to open, select option, wait, then close the window which by the way also refreshes. Over your suggestion I would prefer a table that would craft whatever as long as the exact ingredients are on it, with just the action bar popping up and no additional menus.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #253202

My first thought is facterio
My second is if we do this crafting system will need a serious revamp as it won't be needed unless someone insists on doing manual and this machine will require code stuff to determine what's needed at each stage
My third thought is this will be a coding nightmare.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #253211

All of this is useless if the hunger system remains as influencing as it is now.

You can basically go through hunger with no worries, and seldom visit the chef's table because >vending machines
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #253217

D&B wrote:All of this is useless if the hunger system remains as influencing as it is now.

You can basically go through hunger with no worries, and seldom visit the chef's table because >vending machines
You do it for RP anyways.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #253220

I'd admit chef cooking is pretty fun due to how the different dishes look.

I liked VG cooking more, put everything in a machine and have the dish come out afterwards.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #253226

kevinz000 wrote:
D&B wrote:All of this is useless if the hunger system remains as influencing as it is now.

You do it for RP anyways.
What rp is there to be had from waddling to the chef's counter to cram your face with half a pizza before wordlessly waddling away
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #253266

isn't this basically how the microwave used to work? insert food -> microwave -> get new food
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #253272

Can we put live liggers in it if we emag it?
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #253356

How bad an idea is bronging back tablecrafting which is where you craft foods so it doesnt clog tabs?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #253357

confused rock wrote:How bad an idea is bronging back tablecrafting which is where you craft foods so it doesnt clog tabs?
The best idea
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz