ITT we brainstorm new Ops game modes.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

ITT we brainstorm new Ops game modes.

Post by Dagdammit » #253955

Dagdammit wrote:Kor's recent posts in shadowling thread about conversion antags's weaknesses (struggling to match the potential for creativity and variety seen in other game modes) left me thinking: The most distinct mode might be Nuke Ops, and that's a shame. It could be cool to see other Ops modes that shared some of Nuke Ops' most distinct characteristics:
  • Antags work together as team to accomplish challenging goals.
  • At roundstart, antags spawn in a safe location where they can form plans and choose their tools accordingly, then journey to the station once they're ready.
  • A critical drawback is that antags do not begin disguised amongst the regular crew. Blending in amongst crew members and pulling their objectives off covertly from start to finish is still theoretically possible, but in practice an unusual & impressive achievement. Things will often degenerate into carnage, and teams can opt for a pure brute force approach or mix between the two.
People already named a couple in that Ling Ops thread, I'd be curious to hear them elaborate- especially the abductor one, really wondering what objectives they'd get and how teleportation would work. If it needs pointing out: modes adapted from existing antags will be far more feasible cause we can mostly adapt existing mechanics and assets.

Some thoughts from me...
-Wizard: Make a team of SHITTY wizards, like they're all freshmen magic academy students who each get literally ONE spell each (plus some wands or something if their one known spell is cheap) and get a big list of scavenger hunt objectives for spell components. I've got most of an outline written out.
-Clock Cult: Missionary ship! A ratvar ship (maybe totally converted white ship?) basically just shows up in space somewhere in space on station's z-level, likely at one of the Nuke Op shuttle points. Upon said arrival, it loudly hijacks the centcomm line to ask if the crew has heard the good news about Ratvar. Ratvarians win by hitting a high enough CV, whether it's by converting station or simply expanding their own spess base. Crew wins by destroying the ark that's at the center of the Ratvarian ship; if conversions to Ratvar are possible, they would only be doable at this ark.
-Blood Cult: No conversions, possibly limited/no ability to make construct shells either. Might have alt use for souls gathered in soul stones? Basically a bunch of zealots whose prep phase includes access to an armory full of nar-sien hardware (including all the talismans). Unsure what their objectives should be.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: ITT we brainstorm new Ops game modes.

Post by ShadowDimentio » #253960

Dagdammit wrote:-Wizard: Make a team of SHITTY wizards, like they're all freshmen magic academy students who each get literally ONE spell each (plus some wands or something if their one known spell is cheap) and get a big list of scavenger hunt objectives for spell components. I've got most of an outline written out.
-Clock Cult: Missionary ship! A ratvar ship (maybe totally converted white ship?) basically just shows up in space somewhere in space on station's z-level, likely at one of the Nuke Op shuttle points. Upon said arrival, it loudly hijacks the centcomm line to ask if the crew has heard the good news about Ratvar. Ratvarians win by hitting a high enough CV, whether it's by converting station or simply expanding their own spess base. Crew wins by destroying the ark that's at the center of the Ratvarian ship; if conversions to Ratvar are possible, they would only be doable at this ark.
-Blood Cult: No conversions, possibly limited/no ability to make construct shells either. Might have alt use for souls gathered in soul stones? Basically a bunch of zealots whose prep phase includes access to an armory full of nar-sien hardware (including all the talismans). Unsure what their objectives should be.
Wizard: Terrible. Wizards are, by design, an incredibly loud antag. You know that the motherfucker in garish blue robes is the enemy around the moment he yells at someone and they implode. Five wizards with one spell each would get annhilated by LITERALLY ANYONE with ANY semblance of robustness. I could probably take all five on at once and win with a taser and secbelt.

Ratvar: Clockcuck is a garbage gamemode and this is literally SPACEBACE: THE MODE, the single WORST aspect of the cults. Terrible.

Bloodcult: No conversion, no constructs. What's left? Stunpaper? Yeah, good luck fighting the crew when your best item is melee stun that hurts you. Terrible.

Please stop.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #253972

Nuclear Operatives is possibly the universally least hated game mode please stop trying to think of ways to take a shit in the well
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #253976

Russian invasion
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #253982

Wyzack wrote:Nuclear Operatives is possibly the universally least hated game mode please stop trying to think of ways to make more game modes like it
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #253997

Allow me to clarify

I really do not think that rehashing a good mode we already have is a good idea when we could try new things

what do i know though
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #253998

To expand on my idea, half of the population is spawned as either a russian or one of the leaders. Instead of the code blue, it states that Russians are trying to hijack the ship for partys or for being capitalist or what ever. The russians are armed with nuggets, or aks, or just bottles of vodka, and the leader spawns with an RPG or something. Theres minimal supplys at base at after 5 minutes all of them are randomly spawned and muat fight. The round is completed either when the russians are dead, the crew is dead, or when the russians do X
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #254005

Singulo OPs

The station z-level is swapped with a specially-made Syndicate station map and everyone on it is now a member of the Syndicate. 5 people are selected to be Death Squad Officers who's goal is to destroy the Syndicate station with a Gravitational Singularity Device.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #254008

Anonmare wrote:Singulo OPs

The station z-level is swapped with a specially-made Syndicate station map and everyone on it is now a member of the Syndicate. 5 people are selected to be Death Squad Officers who's goal is to destroy the Syndicate station with a Gravitational Singularity Device.
To be fair this sounds cool as fuck
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #254011

Armhulen wrote:

A crew of Syndicates with say one SMG and two clips each would annihilate a Deathsquad.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #254012

>clips

>CLIPS
> C L I P S

THERE IS NO ESCAPE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #254014

Abductor OPs

Attack of the killer Martians from Venus IN SPACE! A large mothership approaches the station with only one intent: Harvesting your brains! It contains a large number of abductor agents as well as an Abductor commander who is psychically gifted enough to influence the crew of the station from his own bridge! The goal of the abductors is to steal as many Human brains as possible, these brains must have an associated c-key, so no stealing monkey clones. To defeat the abductors, the crew must board the alien ship and destroy its reactor, upon its arrival to the station, all pinpointers will point towards the ship's reactor.
Be warned, although they are physically weak - the alien's advanced cloning machines can bring them back as much as it takes to defeat you, unless you manage to destroy them that is...

The abductors win if they manage to steal a set amount of brains as designated in their objective notes and escape with them in storage.

Abductors do not get stealth equipment in this mode.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #254027

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

A crew of Syndicates with say one SMG and two clips each would annihilate a Deathsquad.
You'd be surprised.
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #254035

Wyzack wrote:Allow me to clarify

I really do not think that rehashing a good mode we already have is a good idea when we could try new things

what do i know though
It's not like we have to choose one of the two options. And it takes alot less work to make most of these than it does to make a new thing from scratch.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #254036

I want quality modes not a mode whose selling points included "it was easy to make"
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #254040

"The most distinct mode might be Nuke Ops, and that's a shame. It could be cool to see other Ops modes that shared some of Nuke Ops' most distinct characteristics" - Dag

Is this some sort of joke? You're literally saying you want to water-down/alter the round so it will no longer carry any sort of narrative/thematic weight, so it will be less distinct than other modes.

Please kill me.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #254043

Personally game modes that encourage the crew to unite against a common foe like nuke ops and the sadly defunct blob have always been my favorite game modes and I wouldn't mind seeing more like them.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #254044

Have a syndicate cargo freighter come out of bluespace right next to the station, slamming into it at one end.

Inside are four rods of weapons grade enriched uranium inside of heavy black lead boxes coated in steel. Throwing these at something if you take them out of the box generates a maxcap explosion. (yes im aware thats not how uranium works)
Detonating one of them by maxcapping the other three ends the game with a nuclear detonation.

Those are the objective.

Inside of the freighter are three freighter personnel equipped with tactical vests that have a single slot for a stetchkin and two for magazines and two nuclear operatives, equipped with the standard syndicate loadout. The ship itself has some misc supplies like additional ammo, metal, and materials to fortify and defend the ship. The ship also comes with a distress beacon, activating this does the following;

After two minutes, a pod containing a L6 SAW, hand grenades, combat medical kits, additional metal, ammo, and food, and a tripwire system slams into the side of the ship itself.
After four minutes, a smaller freighter comes by, it contains entirely better syndicate equipment and guns, one single freight worker, and a additional operative.
After six minutes, two additional pods slam into the side of the station near the shuttle crash site, containing more ammo, guns, food and equipment.
After eight minutes, a console previously turned off comes online inside of the primary freighter. This is a fire control computer for a Icarus-class interplanetary bombardment weapon. You may now fire two shots that are 6x6 explosions at any z-level or anywhere on the station (you can fire at yourself to, so defend the console.
After ten minutes (basically a syndicate victory) a corvette class assault ship warps into the station z-level, containing eight nuclear operatives and two freighters, along with twin broadside plasma cannons and roughly 16 turrets. Staffed with a additional two personnel to pilot and organize equipment. It contains a mini-pod that can fire out the side to slam into the primary freighter.

At this point, the syndicates objective is to load the black boxes onto the corvette and leave the area. Four black boxes, all intact and filled is a syndicate major victory. Three is a syndicate minor victory, Two is a neutral victory. One is a crew minor victory. Zero is a crew major victory.

After ten more minutes pass after the first corvette enters the area, another corvette enters the area in a different spot, containing a additional eight nuclear operatives and additional fire support.

If thirty minutes pass after this, a syndicate cruiser spawns in the sector. Its a unenterable large sprite that will constantly fire at the station at random areas, generating 4x4 explosions.

If thirty more minutes pass, the syndicate cruiser charges its main gun, if one minute passes after this the station is destroyed in a nuclear blast ( conditional win, neutral victory)

Gamemode dubbed payload, as a reference to TF2.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #254054

John_Oxford wrote:Have a syndicate cargo freighter come out of bluespace right next to the station, slamming into it at one end.

Inside are four rods of weapons grade enriched uranium inside of heavy black lead boxes coated in steel. Throwing these at something if you take them out of the box generates a maxcap explosion. (yes im aware thats not how uranium works)
Detonating one of them by maxcapping the other three ends the game with a nuclear detonation.[/size][/b]
/pick up uranium rod
/run out of shuttle
/slip on floor that clown just wetted
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--
/explode

Fund it
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #254055

I know this is a bit off topic, but I really want a map that is syndicate station 13, and the assistants become employees and the chef (now called the nutrition officer) only makes meat supplements and jello, etc. Nanotrasen attacks them by sending their own traitors and new cops, too.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #254056

Armhulen wrote:I know this is a bit off topic, but I really want a map that is syndicate station 13, and the assistants become employees and the chef (now called the nutrition officer) only makes meat supplements and jello, etc. Nanotrasen attacks them by sending their own traitors and new cops, too.
Would never happen outside a whole different server built with this in mind.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #254058

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I know this is a bit off topic, but I really want a map that is syndicate station 13, and the assistants become employees and the chef (now called the nutrition officer) only makes meat supplements and jello, etc. Nanotrasen attacks them by sending their own traitors and new cops, too.
Would never happen outside a whole different server built with this in mind.
That's actually the worst part.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #254078

Only nonhumans can be headstaff.
The Captain gets a nerfed energy cutlass and a deagle with built-in ammo printer.
The Head of Security gets a neo-Neostead, one mag is loaded with buckshot and the other with beanbags.
Security is all in blue. Command is all in red. Syndicate ERTs do exist (we actually have syndi-ERT suits somewhere in the code), nukies play deathsquad.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #254084

Blueshift security when?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #254085

Heist ops. They gotta sneak into the station and steal something as a coordinated team. Going loud is a backup plan, because they only get nice 2 piece suits instead of hardsuits.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #254093

Wyzack wrote:>clips

>CLIPS
> C L I P S

THERE IS NO ESCAPE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
What's wrong with giving two tactical banana/drum clipazines to each. TC trades for rails and flashlights.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #254103

Copy/pasting ops is a terrible idea but I do like the idea of more non-conversion team antags
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #254118

ShadowDimentio wrote:I want quality modes not a mode whose selling points included "it was easy to make"
They're not mutually exclusive, dipshit. Any mode which can take a significant portion of its sprites and antag abilities from existing content is by nature going to be easier to make, and thus easier to make good. Because the pieces you're working with have already gotten a measure of playtesting and polish, and you can test the starting setup (antag's powers, goals, etc.) with a bare-bones implementation or even Admin events, just to see if there's something worth building on.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #254123

>Dipshit

Your words wound me
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #254125

The idea of differently themed/sourced operatives is one that's been around in some form for a long time, but never really been pursued.

I think it's worth pursuing. I've seen rounds where admin assistance has created clown ops, mime ops, carp ops, janitor ops... now, with our improved shuttle system, I can see the possibility of many different sort of ops, and it can be done without watering down our existing mode.

The thing is, whenever we seem to get a roundtype that unites the station against something, it's either Nuke Ops or in development hell (like Blob was; and when was the last time you saw Meteor?). It'd be especially interesting to see more external threats, as it'd subtly encourage security to not be yet another fascist police force. Ops variants would be relatively simple to make, bug-test and improve while we wait for things like station-to-station warfare.

Heist Ops, Abductor Ops, Russian Ops, Pirate Ops, Carp Ops, Nanotrasen Ops, Janitor Ops, Clown Ops, Fly Ops, Photorealistic Badger Ops...
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #254152

Wiz Scavenger Hunt Ops.

Setup
Spoiler:
-You're all first-year wizard academy students, who've been stuck with the crappy go-fer work as a form of hazing.
-Prep phase is on same(ish) wizard ship.
-Starting equipment includes an apprentice's jumpsuit, backpack with standard emergency box, basic headset, free wizard hardsuit, arcane student planner that tracks objective progress & lets you message your team like clockwork slab's Heirophant Network, 2-use scroll of teleport (can only target station z-level), and a "hall pass" (piece of paper with a handwritten note from your teacher on it, somehow functions as an ID granting maintenance access)
-You have each either learned ONE spell or been given ONE staff. Better choose wisely.
--The list of spells you can choose probably won't include teleport, ethereal jaunt, blink, or summon guns/magic/events.
-You get 4 spell points. After choosing your spell/staff, you may spend the remainder on specific magical artifacts: a scrying orb (2 pts), necromantic stone (2 pts), extra 2-use scroll of teleport (1 pt) or individual wands (1 pt each).
How to Win
Spoiler:
Just do a big ol shopping list of Items of Mystic Significance. "Gather at least 6 of the following 8 spell components."
-Any students can do a 20-second ritual to open a special Delivery Portal in any room on station that's fit for gangs to tag, and the second it opens an automated station announcement will warn the station of eldritch bluespace activity being detected there. The portal closes when any object or person NOT on the shopping list tries to enter it, or when another student makes a new Delivery Portal elsewhere.
-Each item that gets checked off shopping list might give student's wands a 10% recharge.
-While the escape shutte is en route, each objective that gets checked off the shopping list delays the shuttle by two minutes due to shifts in eldritch forces distorting the flow of time and space.
-The crew wins if the students all die or they evacuate before students can collect enough items. The students win if they can deliver enough items through the portals to check off the minimum number of shopping list objectives.
-If students win, endgame state commences. Escape shuttle now cannot leave, or if en route to centcomm will somehow dock back at station instead. Crew is warned about critical buildup of eldritch forces that will peak in 10 minutes. At 8 minute mark (or earlier if students can check off remaining shopping list items, down to minimum of 3 minutes) a larger Escape Portal opens in space near the station; crew and students are both informed of its direction (N, NW, W, etc.) and the students can enter it to escape alive. Regardless, after 10 minutes triggering one of several random dumb admin buttons (i.e. floor is lava, Polymorph All) on the station z-level and ending the round.
Shopping List items
Spoiler:

-The (head, brain, heart, left arm, right leg, etc.) of (name), the (any role)
-One of the (head role)'s uniforms.
-The keys to the (janitor's janikart, warden's secway, etc.)
-The bartender's beer goggles
-Three kinds of coins.
-10 unprocessed pieces of (type) ore.
-A circuit board with the (Antimov, Robocop, any of the weirder ones that are found in AI upload and take minerals for R&D to make) lawset.
-Three headsets containing encryption keys with access to the command channel.
-A wanted poster of (name), the (role)
-A syringe with at least 5u of blood from (name), the (role)
-An electric razor that has shaved the heads of at least 3 (department) staff.
-A photocopy of someone's ass, with at least 3 different stamps of approval.
-The captain's bedsheet.
-A soda can of (brand) containing at least 10u of (omnizine, holy water, cryoxadone, tomato juice)
-A singularity generator.
-Various high-risk items sure why not.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #254207

V O X R A I D E R
O
X

R
A
I
D
E
R
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #254307

Reece wrote:A S S I S T A N T R A I D E R
S
S
T
A
N
T

R
A
I
D
E
R

Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #254358

Ayys who have unique Ayy only equipment and one job, power their doom-ray: They have essentially hand held versions of the swarmer recycler and their job is to go onto the station and suck up as much power as they can for their fusion cannon. As the cannon powers up more and more bad shit happens to the station, phase one randomly fires gammablasts that irradiate non ayys, phase two adds in random BSA hits to anywhere Ayys aren't and the final phase explodes the whole station nuke style. You basically have to battle the aliens if you see them because if they power up their big gun THE WHOLE station is gonna suffer.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #254364

Screemonster wrote:just make a mode that smashes an asteroid full of xenos into the station

edit: klendathu ops where you gotta feed someone's brain to the brain bug
why do we have two threads for this
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #254473

calzilla1 wrote:
Reece wrote:A S S I S T A N T R A I D E R
S
S
T
A
N
T

R
A
I
D
E
R
Yes
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #254501

The shit ideas thread already exists, this one is unneeded.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #254886

Weepo wrote:Ayys who have unique Ayy only equipment and one job, power their doom-ray: They have essentially hand held versions of the swarmer recycler and their job is to go onto the station and suck up as much power as they can for their fusion cannon. As the cannon powers up more and more bad shit happens to the station, phase one randomly fires gammablasts that irradiate non ayys, phase two adds in random BSA hits to anywhere Ayys aren't and the final phase explodes the whole station nuke style. You basically have to battle the aliens if you see them because if they power up their big gun THE WHOLE station is gonna suffer.
I actually like the idea of an invasive antag where part of the team has handheld tools giving them the equivalent of Swarmer abilities (without having swarmer's tiny drone bodies, self-replication or fast movement). A team with advanced tech and a swarmers-style nonlethal mandate could be interesting.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #255096

I still think there should be a team traitor where a handful of traitors spawn on the station with a free syndie key and a group objective.

Also a nuke ops variant where there are 3 ops on the shuttle and 2 ops that spawn as crewmen with syndie keys.

Another option would be to have variable Ops missions and gear. Instead of it always being nuke ops maybe there could be other objectives and sets of available gear.

Assassinate all heads of staff. No heavy weaponry, just stealth gear and more typical traitor weapons. Along with this they either spawn on the station or have an easier way to be seeded into the crew.

Kidnap Ops: Stealthops again. The ops get advanced batons like abductors and each get an implanter with a brainwashing implant. The goal is to capture and brainwash a specific crewman and have them escape alive on the shuttle to NT. Normal victory if the specific target escapes alive. Major victory if all 5 ops escape along with 5 brainwashed people. Brainwashed people become antags with the objectives: Escape on the shuttle/pods alive at all costs. Mindshield implants won't stop these but getting a new body or implant surgery would. The victim wouldn't remember who did it.

Terror Ops: This version would have 5 ops as a team as crewmen on the station. Free syndie key of course. Their pdas would access a special set of booby traps and their goal would be to place these traps around and injure people without getting caught. Each trap in this game mode when triggered would check to see if it damages someone with its effect and would either tally up injuries or damage done. That would add up to the objective's requirement of doing x damage/injuries.

Trap ideas:
[*]an explosive that's disguised like a chameleon projector. Swipe and object on it and activate it, it now looks like that object and is armed. Anyone picking it up gets blown up, probably like C4 in strength.
[*]A beartrap that can be hidden under floor tiles. More powerful than a normal beartrap, might sever your foot.
[*]A landmine filled with space lube and acid under a floor tile(acid isn't anabolic like it used to be but the idea is more to harass than to murderbone).
[*]An invisible filament wire that can be stretched across a hallway. If you walk into it it would become visible and yous top walking. You can then cut it with wirecutters. If you run through it it would do a lot of brute damage to your head and a high bleed chance.
[*]A chemical landmine under a floor tile. It acts like a grenade. The landmine itself is dirt cheap and various packages could be bought that would give you 2 beakers from a list of combinations. Or if you can get access to a chemmaster make your own.
[*]Door bombs that already exist for traitors
[*]A door shocker. installs like a door bomb but electrifies the door. Can be removed by unscrewing the panel and clipping it out with gloves.

As the injury counter increases the Ops would be refunded some of their points so they can keep buying new traps. A lot of testing would need to go into what would be balanced. We would want to reward a team that manages to set up lots of traps and hurt people without getting caught doing it but not too much to make it OP.

This mode would also count injuries that you do yourself directly, but much less than the traps. So if you go all aloha snackbar and chop someone with an axe you get some. But it wouldn't count TTV bombs you set up because the mode doesn't want to encourage them to just drop 5 max caps on the station. The idea is small scale traps that injure(often badly) the people nearby when they go off but for the most part don't do huge damage to the station structure.
--Crocodillo

cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #255939

Weepo wrote:Ayys who have unique Ayy only equipment and one job, power their doom-ray: They have essentially hand held versions of the swarmer recycler and their job is to go onto the station and suck up as much power as they can for their fusion cannon. As the cannon powers up more and more bad shit happens to the station, phase one randomly fires gammablasts that irradiate non ayys, phase two adds in random BSA hits to anywhere Ayys aren't and the final phase explodes the whole station nuke style. You basically have to battle the aliens if you see them because if they power up their big gun THE WHOLE station is gonna suffer.
we have a winner

edit: this is also good because if you see an ayy you wont be able to instantly know if its said gamemode