Security Armour

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Security Armour

Post by Steelpoint » #263107

Reopening old wounds edition.

Currently security armour is on the low side, likely their armour is the weakest armour available in the game in comparison to other roles.

All security armour is identical defence wise, the HoS and Warden have the same values as a standard armour vest. Whereas even the Captains Carapace has superior values, whereas in the past it was the HoS who had the best armour on station, now even the CE's armour is better than the HoS's Armour in some values.

Current Sec Armour: melee = 30, bullet = 30, laser = 30, energy = 10, bomb = 25, bio = 0, rad = 0, fire = 50, acid = 50 (Includes HoS and Warden armour)

Current Cap Armour: melee = 50, bullet = 40, laser = 50, energy = 10, bomb = 25, bio = 0, rad = 0, fire = 100, acid = 90

Current Op Armour: melee = 40, bullet = 50, laser = 30, energy = 15, bomb = 35, bio = 100, rad = 50, fire = 50, acid = 90 (for comparison)

What are your thoughts on the issue? Mine are clear in that I think, at least for the HoS/Warden, that current sec armour is on the very weak side.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: Security Armour

Post by ShadowDimentio » #263124

Change sec armor to work on thresholds along with percentages. If damage of a certain type falls under the threshold, you take zero damage. Otherwise, the damage is either reduced by the threshold amount or a percentage deduction (rounded up), whichever is higher.

Example: A sec guy is wearing spiffy new armor with 30(5) melee resistance. A greyshirt pulls out a crowbar and attacks him for 5 damage. Due to his armor, the blow is completely absorbed and does nothing. Noticing this, the greyshirt pulls out an extinguisher instead and attacks for 10 damage. The guard's armor then because a reduction of 5 is larger than 3 reduces the damage taken to 5. The guard tazes and arrests the greyshirt when suddenly their buddy whips out an esword and strikes for 20 damage. The armor absorbs 6 damage, as it's higher than 5, meaning the guard takes 14 damage total.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #263125

Looks fine to me. Captain, as the highest rank member (and a pretty sought-after target) has good reason to have better armor, while it's not exactly a surprise that antags have better gear. They are also ~5 against a whole station.
That said, the HoS should probably have better armor than standard sec.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #263126

I don't know about standard sec armor but yeah, the HoS and warden's armor seem like they should be significantly better than standard armor. The HoS is a head and high value target after all and the Warden is charged with guarding the armory and handling extremely dangerous criminals so it'd make sense for him to get armor superior to standard sec armor.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #263127

Buff the HoS armor a little so it's between regular sec armor and captain armor.

The warden doesn't need better armor because they're never supposed to be in combat outside of defending the armory, a job that should never get them hurt if they're doing it properly.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #263128

I should note I likely won't propose any changes to the code base.

I do think the Warden and HoS should have better armour than the rank and file.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #263129

inb4 steelpoint's detractors storm in and attempt to HE BUFF HE OWN DEPARTMENT WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH the thread to death without debating the merits of sec armor
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #263130

Do you guys remember riot armor i love that shit
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #263131

Riot Armour is also a dubious affair.

On the one hand it no longer suffers from any slow down, which is a strong advantage. But on the other hand it only provides 50 melee defence at the expense of all other defence.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #263132

If the tiders have proper guns somebody has fucked up badly.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #263135

Steelpoint wrote:Riot Armour is also a dubious affair.

On the one hand it no longer suffers from any slow down, which is a strong advantage. But on the other hand it only provides 50 melee defence at the expense of all other defence.
Though at least riot armour covers the entire body. Normal sec armour is extremely mediocre AND only covers head and torso.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #263141

Here we go again
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #263147

Captain's armor should be superior. Period. He is the BOSS. The LEADER. The man with the keys to the station and the means to blow it up. He is at more risk than any other role because of this, and deserves the best.

Head of Security should be a robust guardian, inferior to the Captain but strong. Should have to make antags think carefully about engaging him or the Captain.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #263151

Shaps wrote:Here we go again
Not really sec armor buff was denied just a month or two ago so nothing's going through until stuns are removed.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #263153

Personally, I'd sacrifice the Warden's bullet and laser protection in exchange for buffing their melee to be just under that of riot armour. My reasoning being that, as a warden, they'd only be handling prisoners who usually only have a bucket and a spade to try and kill you with.
Wardens who leave the brig outside of emergencies are failures and do not deserve laser or bullet armour
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #263154

I leave the brig to get smokes debate me
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #263157

N I C O T I N E
P A T C H E S
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #263159

But on the other hand it only provides 50 melee defence at the expense of all other defence.
When discussing numbers, don't forget that armor does not scale linearly; the effective HP of a human at different armor levels, is:
- 10% armor: 111 hp
- 20% armor: 125 hp
- 30% armor: 142 hp
- 40% armor: 166 hp
- 50% armor : 200 hp
- 60% armor : 250 hp
- 70% armor : 333 hp
- 80% armor : 500 hp
- 90% armor : 1000 hp
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #263322

we've done this like a thousand times and it's been reverted a thousand times and every time it is so shit
please stop
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #263388

If it were up to me I would bring the HoS and maybe Warden to below the Caps armour.

At the very least I would suggest buffing melee prot
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #263417

ShadowDimentio wrote:Change sec armor to work on thresholds along with percentages. If damage of a certain type falls under the threshold, you take zero damage. Otherwise, the damage is either reduced by the threshold amount or a percentage deduction (rounded up), whichever is higher.

Example: A sec guy is wearing spiffy new armor with 30(5) melee resistance. A greyshirt pulls out a crowbar and attacks him for 5 damage. Due to his armor, the blow is completely absorbed and does nothing. Noticing this, the greyshirt pulls out an extinguisher instead and attacks for 10 damage. The guard's armor then because a reduction of 5 is larger than 3 reduces the damage taken to 5. The guard tazes and arrests the greyshirt when suddenly their buddy whips out an esword and strikes for 20 damage. The armor absorbs 6 damage, as it's higher than 5, meaning the guard takes 14 damage total.
If you wanted to make it simpler you could just make armour reduction be "armour soaks armour% of the damage, or 10% of the armour value, whichever is higher" then you wouldn't have to make separate lists of damage thresholds for every armour item in the game. This'd effectively make your 30% suit into a 60% suit against the crowbar (blocking 3/5 damage), soak the same damage as it does now against the extinguisher (3/10), and work exactly as it does now against actual traitor weapons.
At 15%, it'd be 90% against the crowbar (4.5/5), 45% against the extinguisher, and equal versus force 15 weapons and above.
At 20%, it'd completely block the crowbar, be 60% armour against the extinguisher, and provide equal coverage from weapons of force >= 20.

tl;dr a buff versus greyshits without actually affecting balance versus antagonists. Pick the appropriate scaling factor to taste.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #263418

I don't care what you will do with it, just don't touch the sprites.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #263425

Paprika was the one who wanted to go Mallsec
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #263456

Go home, not gonna happen.
EDIT: and now that I think about it, Kor's right, this will just make stuns even more valuable and aren't we trying to move away from those?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #263458

To be fair that PR was buffing all armour, my suggestion is only reserved for the Warden and HoS.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #263459

Yeah but the IDEA behind it technically applies, as this IS nerfing everything but a hard stun that will just be an instakill. I'd recommend trying this again after Remie does her stun removal thing (if she still is doing it), this might get better traction once not everyone has stuns to be tossing around like candy, as then armor will suddenly be extremely important as there'll be nothing to protect against except for damaging attacks.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #263460

Fair point, and in reality unless you have 60+ defence then it won't matter if you get stunned.

The main problem with armour is that it lacks any real defence against stuns. Well technically you could buff its energy defence but that's another can of worms.

Sadly last I checked I don't recall anyone posting they were working on a stun overhaul recently.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #263470

Why are they removing stuns?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #263471

From the thread (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9712), the general idea is as below.
Remove Disablers and Disable settings from all weapons.
Any stun weapon, Taser or Baton, do not stack or reset stun time when applied after someone is already stunned.
Taking damage will cancel the effect of stuns. Likely it'll be a damage threshold so being accidently hit by a pen won't get you up.
Nerf non-security related method of restraing. Such as making cable cuffs break when damage is taken to the victim.
MAYBE buff some lethal ranged weapons to deal more damage???
Movement speeds remain the same
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #263484

Seems like it'll make the tide even stronger. Guess we'll just have to shoot perps into crit before cuffing them and stabilizing them in isocube.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #263493

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Seems like it'll make the tide even stronger. Guess we'll just have to shoot perps into crit before cuffing them and stabilizing them in isocube.
This. People are just gonna get shot dead instead of tazed for minor crimes and suspicion, and my life as sec will be made apocalyptically awful because if you shoot the wrong guy you bet your ass you're going to get bwoinked from an assblasted player who just HAPPENED to find a sec headset and huds on the floor and dindu nuffin.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #263504

Taser and disabler stun defense is defined by the "energy" protection level. Increasing that for certain armors and suits would give Sec/Heads/Antags a somewhat increased resistance to the stuns.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #263719

ShadowDimentio wrote:Buff the HoS armor a little so it's between regular sec armor and captain armor.

The warden doesn't need better armor because they're never supposed to be in combat outside of defending the armory, a job that should never get them hurt if they're doing it properly.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #263733

Alright look

Its between buff weapons, buff armor, and remove stuns

You can't have one, you can't have two. Either all sides have to stop being overbearing cunts and saying "NO YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT PR WERE MOVING AWAY FROM STUNS" or we can just never touch the combat system and stagnate into inactivity.

Do all three and quit being bitches about it.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #263891

John_Oxford wrote:Alright look

You can't have one, you can't have two. Either all sides have to stop being overbearing cunts and saying "NO YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT PR WERE MOVING AWAY FROM STUNS" or we can just never touch the combat system and stagnate into inactivity.

If you think it's so easy why don't you do it?
DM is rediculously easy to pick up.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #263892

kevinz000 wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:Alright look

If you think it's so easy why don't you do it?
DM is rediculously easy to pick up.
Especially since 2/3 of changes you listed involve nothing more than just switching some numbers around.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #263927

because then i have nothing to bitch about on the fourms.

also armor*

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #263930

John_Oxford wrote:because then i have nothing to bitch about on the fourms.

also armor*
If you want something changed do it yourself unless you're too lazy to code in which case good luck getting it done IMO
I'm being really negative here but you have to admit PRs with completed code change the game more than trying to get someone to make one with a forum thread .
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #263942

kevinz000 wrote:

also armor*
If you want something changed do it yourself unless you're too lazy to code in which case good luck getting it done IMO
I'm being really negative here but you have to admit PRs with completed code change the game more than trying to get someone to make one with a forum thread .

it's almost like that's not what i've been preaching the last two years.

good meme kev good meme

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #264005

John_Oxford wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:

also armor*

it's almost like that's not what i've been preaching the last two years.

good meme kev good meme
I should probably stop instead of derailing the thread, but my point is, you spend so much time writing this stuff up, why not learn to code and do it yourself?
You could probably have MUCH higher chances if you did the code yourself. If I scream about half my PRs on forums instead of actually making them myself it will _NEVER HAPPEN_.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #264016

Player: RAH RAH RAH CHANGE THIS ITS BEEN 2 YEARS AND NOTHING HAPPENED
Coders: Learn to code and do it yourself!
*Player spends 6 hours in #coderbus getting Git running, downloading the game code, making 60 mistakes and violating standards he never knew existed
Player: Phew! That was hard work! Well, its finally done! Time to PR it!
Travis: ALL CHECKS FAILED.
*Player spends another 2 hours in #coderbus trying to get help compiling and testing code
Player: IT COMPILES!! Time to update my PR!
Maintainers: Your code sucks and it violates standards. Do it over and NO COPYPASTE.
*Player spends yet another 2 hours getting things up to standard, updates PR again.
Maintainers: I don't like this. *PR CLOSED*.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #264079

Gun Hog wrote:Player: RAH RAH RAH CHANGE THIS ITS BEEN 2 YEARS AND NOTHING HAPPENED
Coders: Learn to code and do it yourself!
*Player spends 6 hours in #coderbus getting Git running, downloading the game code, making 60 mistakes and violating standards he never knew existed
Player: Phew! That was hard work! Well, its finally done! Time to PR it!
Travis: ALL CHECKS FAILED.
*Player spends another 2 hours in #coderbus trying to get help compiling and testing code
Player: IT COMPILES!! Time to update my PR!
Maintainers: Your code sucks and it violates standards. Do it over and NO COPYPASTE.
*Player spends yet another 2 hours getting things up to standard, updates PR again.
Maintainers: I don't like this. *PR CLOSED*.
Your point? Almost ALL of us started this way or similar, you don't start off perfect.
And as for your example, that PR may be closed but the person now knows the basics of git, has a local repository of the code, has learned from atleast a few of their 60 mistakes, now knows the codebase's standards/contrib guides.
Robustin has coded before, ShadowDimentio has, Mehki does it all the time!
私は完璧
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #264080

Am I the only one here who thinks security armors are perfectly fine as they are (HoS hardsuit is already stronger than regular security hardsuit), but is also surprised to see Captain armor offer no rad resistance?
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #264084

The HoS Hardsuit only offers 15 extra melee and 10 extra bullet (30 to 35 and 15 to 25 respectivly) over the standard Security Hardsuit.

Whereas the Captains Hardsuit offers 40 melee, 50 bullet and 50 laser def. Which is almost in line with his carapace.

If I had my way I would suggest buffing the HoS's uniform to 40 melee, 50 bullet and 50 laser. While buffing the Warden's melee to around 40 but leaving the rest as is.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #264087

Wait, so hardsuit has less armor than regular security armor? Why's that?

Buffing HoS to that degree seems ludicrous though. 30 melee, 30 bullet and 30 laser is definitely enough. You could try turning some stats up to 35 or 40, but you really shouldn't try to one-up the Captain.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #264092

The sec hardsuit has...
melee = 30, bullet = 15, laser = 30

Meaning its identical sans having 15 less bullet defence.

---

Going from a historical perspective, I looked around for the pre-nerf HoS/Warden armour values before the big nerf of 2015,and those values are...

HoS - melee = 65, bullet = 30, laser = 50

Ward - melee = 50, bullet = 15, laser = 50 (identical to standard armour)

Also amusingly I've noticed that the proposed armour values made have all but virtually remained untouched since this was merged mid-2015. I think stock armour got a 5 def increase at some point.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #264095

I still always get this feeling the armour values are pointless anyway, since the main killer in the game is stuns.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #264302

Gun hog the entire reason I bothered to learn the language is I want to make the effort for stuff I wanted to see instead of asking others to do it, which has a very much lower chance of your idea getting in unless it's revolutionary. I'd encourage people to learn the language so there's more coders (provided they make good code and not meme PRS cough tacolizard and jughu) and we can get more help with the game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #264371

i learned it because i wanted to make radical mods but quickly realized you cant mod but instead you can make it part of the real game woah
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #264650

I thought off handedly to consider putting a single SWAT Armour and SWAT Helmet in the HoS's Office.

You then get to choose between great defence but your slow as crap, or light/moderate defence but full speed.

Edit: Disregard, I double checked and the SWAT armour stats are rubbish.