Forsakenme Fixed situation: Resolved through singilo

Requests which have been closed
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Forsakenme Fixed situation: Resolved through singilo

Post by cultist-chan » #102145

As a bartender Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot up three people causing two to die. A two day ban has been implemented, one for each person killed.

I was under the impresson that ammetik wanted me to post a FNR about this.

Edit
I resolved this situation here's the logs, he killed both ammnestik and a sec officer.
Spoiler:
[21:04:24]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Charles Dunley(indieanajones) grabbed monkey (22) passively</font>
[21:04:28]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Julie Peaches(sweetsoulbrother) with The pellet</font>
[21:04:28]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Julie Peaches(sweetsoulbrother) with The pellet</font>
[21:04:29]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Warwick Stein(tiftik) with The pellet</font>
[21:04:29]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Warwick Stein(tiftik) with The pellet</font>
[21:04:29]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Julie Peaches(sweetsoulbrother) with The pellet</font>
[21:04:32]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Dmitrii Yanovich(verarch) punched Dmitrii Yanovich(verarch) </font>
[21:04:37]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Chad Parkinson(nitro2985) shot Kira Scott(spiraljacobs) with The electrode</font>
[21:04:40]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jayden Rich(mazen30) shaked Geist Dangerous(srifenbyxp) </font>
[21:04:41]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jacob Mugumble(mugumbe) shot Chad Parkinson(nitro2985) with The energy netting</font>
[21:04:41]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jacob Mugumble(mugumbe) shot Chad Parkinson(nitro2985) with The energy netting</font>
[21:04:41]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jacob Mugumble(mugumbe) shot Kira Scott(spiraljacobs) with The energy netting</font>
[21:04:41]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jacob Mugumble(mugumbe) shot Kira Scott(spiraljacobs) with The energy netting</font>
[21:04:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Mr. Beret(amnestik) with The pellet</font>
[21:04:45]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Mr. Beret(amnestik) with The pellet</font>
[21:04:45]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Mr. Beret(amnestik) with The pellet</font>
[21:04:50]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mason Miller(jackhunt) attacked alien drone </font>
[21:04:54]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mason Miller(jackhunt) attacked alien drone </font>
[21:04:55]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mason Miller(jackhunt) attacked alien drone </font>
[21:04:55]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Wrex Quasar(novaray) attacked alien drone with flamethrower(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE)</font>
[21:04:56]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mason Miller(jackhunt) attacked alien drone </font>
[21:04:56]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Wrex Quasar(novaray) attacked alien drone with flamethrower(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE)</font>
[21:04:57]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mason Miller(jackhunt) attacked alien drone </font>
[21:04:57]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Wrex Quasar(novaray) attacked alien drone with flamethrower(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE)</font>
[21:04:58]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mason Miller(jackhunt) attacked alien drone </font>
[21:05:00]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Charles Dunley(indieanajones) grabbed monkey (610) passively</font>
[21:05:00]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mason Miller(jackhunt) attacked alien drone </font>
[21:05:01]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Wrex Quasar(novaray) attacked alien drone with flamethrower(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE)</font>
[21:05:02]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Wrex Quasar(novaray) attacked alien drone with flamethrower(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE)</font>
[21:05:03]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Wrex Quasar(novaray) attacked alien drone with flamethrower(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE)</font>
[21:05:04]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Wrex Quasar(novaray) attacked alien drone with flamethrower(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE)</font>
[21:05:04]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Mr. Beret(amnestik) with The pellet</font>
[21:05:04]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Mr. Beret(amnestik) with The pellet</font>
[21:05:05]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Mr. Beret(amnestik) with The pellet</font>
[21:05:05]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Balanar Fringmich(forsakenme) shot Mr. Beret(amnestik) with The pellet</font>

[21:15:01]SAY: Ghost/ForsakenMe : I killed the officer with shotgun and incendiary slugs
[21:07:44]SAY: Ghost/ForsakenMe : I killed two people with my shotgun
Last edited by cultist-chan on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Forsakenme Fixed situation: Resolved through singilo

Post by Scones » #102146

Do we use Singulo as an official source of information now, and one through which we handle ban requests?

EDIT: Could you at least link the relevant thread and posts?
Last edited by Scones on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #102148

This sounds like a terrible idea unless you went through proper log diving.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #102149

I don't get it, did you make a ban request, did you handle the ban request, how was it resolved through singulo, what happened?
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #102150

Cut them some slack and give them the benefit of the doubt, instead of looking for problems to try to pick with them.

http://www.singulo.io/tg/res/44943.html#q45194
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #102151

Pardon me for not wanting to trudge through singulo to look for a ban request handled anonymously in a completely unrelated thread.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Scones

Post by Scones » #102153

Saegrimr wrote:Pardon me for not wanting to trudge through singulo to look for a ban request handled anonymously in a completely unrelated thread.
A thread with no information given, especially. Ausops initial question is still what I'd like answered.
imblyings wrote:I don't get it, did you make a ban request, did you handle the ban request, how was it resolved through singulo, what happened?
I think we need to set some sort of precedent on singulo stuff for FNR, if this is going to go through - Do we consider them official? Can I now make ban requests anonymously on Singulo if an admin will handle them>

Triple edit for supportbus logs that sort things out a bit, but my own question yet stands
Spoiler:
<cultistchan> I made a mistake
<cultistchan> I corrected it
<Ausops> oh you are in this irc nice
<Ausops> what was the thread anyway
<cultistchan> talked to kor about it
<Ausops> did you make a ban request or did someone else make it
<cultistchan> they were complaining I didn't investigate it correctly
<cultistchan> I re-investigated it and they were correct
<Ausops> kor our lord and saviour
<Ausops> but I'm asking what was with the ban request thread
<cultistchan> I posted it due to the fact that he didn't post one
<Ausops> who?
<cultistchan> amnestik
<Ausops> did he say he wanted to post one or did he ask you to post one in his stead?
<Ausops> mind you, I'm not ripping into you right now, I'm trying to gather what happened
<cultistchan> I didn't know whether I was right about it until I made that post. I didn't want to make an FNR thread and then get BTFO if I was wrong. I don't want a reputation as somebody who cries wolf. ▶Operative 07/07/15 (Tue) 05:14:54 ID: d6f1da No.45202>>45204 >>45198 Thanks for clearing this up for me, by the way.
<cultistchan> thats what he said
<Ausops> oh I see
<cultistchan> so essentially he was upset about it on singilo
<cultistchan> I was browsing
<cultistchan> saw his complaint
<cultistchan> looked at the logs
<cultistchan> saw the problem
<cultistchan> set a ban for 2 days as suggested by kor
<Ausops> yeah if you want to help out a player like this it's fine but there's no real need to make (a rather vague) thread on the ban request forum
<cultistchan> put up a FNR so the person can appeal if neccessary or explain their side
<Ausops> admins will set bans on players after some time has passed all the time
<Ausops> obviously investigate well beforehand but if it's pretty clear cut, they can come and appeal by themselves
<cultistchan> I'm not the best admin but I'm trying to make sure everyone has a voice and not be a dick... If I see I messed up I'm going to fix it
<Ausops> or if you really wanted to make a ban request thread for it
<Ausops> at least follow the format kinda
<cultistchan> I'll delete the fnr ban request
<Ausops> say that someone on singulo wanted to make one but couldn't
<Ausops> just update it
<Ausops> list the ban reasons etc
<Ausops> because this entire irc conversation came from none of the things you just explained to me being in the thread
<Ausops> deleting it right now would just make things look even more suspicious
<cultistchan> alright. I'll update it.
<iamgoofball> cultistchan: Alright, so you saw shit in the logs, it actually happened?
<cultistchan> yep
<cultistchan> also
<cultistchan> my attack logs aren't working correctly
<cultistchan> so this is relying off the public logs
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #102157

Pointing this out is more for their benefit than anyone elses. A FNR thread with a lack of information leads to all sorts of suspicion and wild conclusions, none of which CC can afford right now. Anyway, I asked CC what happened, then asked them to put into the thread what they told me, which is what I wanted.

Ban requests can be made on singulo sure, but admins have no obligation to look into them if the requests don't come with a date and time, and admins certainly don't have an obligation to dive through a sea of chelp to actually find posts regarding ban requests. I mean there are plenty of ways to actually alert an admin to bad things, if they choose to anonymously post their ban requests on singulo, it's their own fault if nothing happens.
cultist-chan

Post by cultist-chan » #102158

imblyings wrote:Pointing this out is more for their benefit than anyone elses. A FNR thread with a lack of information leads to all sorts of suspicion and wild conclusions, none of which CC can afford right now. Anyway, I asked CC what happened, then asked them to put into the thread what they told me, which is what I wanted.

Ban requests can be made on singulo sure, but admins have no obligation to look into them if the requests don't come with a date and time, and admins certainly don't have an obligation to dive through a sea of chelp to actually find posts regarding ban requests. I mean there are plenty of ways to actually alert an admin to bad things, if they choose to anonymously post their ban requests on singulo, it's their own fault if nothing happens.
Fix'd
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #102160

So I can potentially make up baseless information on singulo and get people I don't like banned now? Neat.
Scones

Post by Scones » #102161

mrpain wrote:So I can potentially make up baseless information on singulo and get people I don't like banned now? Neat.
If logs make it look like you're telling the truth, we can now evidently totally skip any questioning process and ban people with no context added to said logs
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #102162

Any ban requests on singulo should be used as an indicator for things to be looked into further, and never as actionable evidence by itself.
cultist-chan

Post by cultist-chan » #102164

mrpain wrote:So I can potentially make up baseless information on singulo and get people I don't like banned now? Neat.
It means I'll try to look through logs if people claim something needs investigating. I'll listen to people if I can. I'm trying to not be shit. I fear I am failing.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #102165

cultist-chan wrote:
It means I'll try to look through logs if people claim something needs investigating. I'll listen to people if I can. I'm trying to not be shit. I fear I am failing.
How about for the sake of transparency you tell the singulo chelp posters to take the initiative to make the ban request themselves? That system was already working fine.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #102253

One of the main reasons for using the forums over singlo is that there is some sort of paper trail. Even resolved issues get stored.
If things are "resolved" on singlo then there is no trail, no publicly available record, once some time has passed, to proove what went down. It also gives no opportunity for someone to explain themselves if they don't visit singlo.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #102256

You silly sausages, You're missing another big glaring fault here, His ban appeal will now be utterly shat up with singulo and precedent talk.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #102266

The information wasn't baseless. I quoted and linked the logs that showed him killing as a non-antag and that proved he wasn't an antagonist, which was contrary to what Corruptroulette had told me in PM.

I posted that on singulo to get opinions on whether it was worth following up or not, which I didn't believe it was at the time until I remembered I could check antagonists for that round in the public logs.

While I provided my side of the story as to what lead to the shooting, which was improper escalation (I think I punched him once or twice for emoting wiping his ass on a security officer's checkpoint window while the officer was still inside), I still expected that if I eventually made an FNR thread for it or if an admin decided to follow it up of their own volition (which was what happened) that they'd do their own investigation and reach their own conclusion.

As for the rest of this thread, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. This wasn't a ban made based on singulo rumours. It was an administrative mistake that was corrected with the help of public logs. Forsakenme would be far from the first time player to be banned while they're offline and asked to come and explain themselves in FNR.

I find this thread weird though, given it sounds like the guy was already banned. No ban request is necessary. If he doesn't already know about the ban, he'll find out when he tries to log in to the server. The ball's in his court to make an appeal if he feels the ban was unjustified.
cultist-chan

Post by cultist-chan » #102282

Amnestik wrote:
The information wasn't baseless. I quoted and linked the logs that showed him killing as a non-antag and that proved he wasn't an antagonist, which was contrary to what Corruptroulette had told me in PM.

I posted that on singulo to get opinions on whether it was worth following up or not, which I didn't believe it was at the time until I remembered I could check antagonists for that round in the public logs.

While I provided my side of the story as to what lead to the shooting, which was improper escalation (I think I punched him once or twice for emoting wiping his ass on a security officer's checkpoint window while the officer was still inside), I still expected that if I eventually made an FNR thread for it or if an admin decided to follow it up of their own volition (which was what happened) that they'd do their own investigation and reach their own conclusion.

As for the rest of this thread, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. This wasn't a ban made based on singulo rumours. It was an administrative mistake that was corrected with the help of public logs. Forsakenme would be far from the first time player to be banned while they're offline and asked to come and explain themselves in FNR.

I find this thread weird though, given it sounds like the guy was already banned. No ban request is necessary. If he doesn't already know about the ban, he'll find out when he tries to log in to the server. The ball's in his court to make an appeal if he feels the ban was unjustified.
To be fair we have a bug with the .getserverlog that screwed me over. And yes I made a mistake and corrected it as soon as I figured out I made one. I figured the ban request post was neccesary due to it being made in singulio (which technically isn't the place for it.)