NikNakFlak

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: NikNakFlak

Post by Skorvold » #22607

Bottom post of the previous page:

AYY
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #22608

Skorvold wrote:A fine administrator in almost all respects. Almost. He needs to work a bit more on his politeness and patience with players and learn to put his dislike of them aside. I understand that I am one to talk, as my temper has gotten the better of me in the past. Especially earlier this day. Please learn to be more patient with others, I understand how stressful it can be and how easy it is to get angry at people be ignorant in adminpms, but we should try our best to assume a very "customer service" view on things.
Oh I was being ignorant in my ahelps? Thats why he taunted me and put me down for being upset? Oh in that case. I apologize for my ignorance. Please continue humiliating players coming to you for help as long as you don't like them and they are 'ignorant'. Just like the player you were trashing in ded yesterday about how much you hated them and then banned them the next round for one of the most common minor offenses. As long as niknak doesn't like you he's allowed to abuse his power and treat players poorly. Loud and clear.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #22689

I find him to be a decent player and a rather quirky admin. I've only ever had to ahelp him once for anything serious, but any time a minor thing comes up he's usually pretty good about it. He's active in making extended rounds interesting and smiting me for my wrongdoings as latenight greytide. If there's anyone I can trust to make rounds more interesting than my usual powerplaying regime of 'Insulated gloves: get,' 'All access: get,' and 'Find someone to have a (de)constructive roundlong back and forth with:get' it's Niknak.

Also once he was my baby and lived inside my belly for a round as I became the hero the station deserved, and then he burst from my stomach in nature's first automated C-section.

And he was my conscience one time when I was a traitor, silently berating me for spontaneous acts of murderbone.

And shame pug.

But through all of this, he never really impacted the round more than making me scramble around the station searching for my lost sides.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #30355

terrible

0/10
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #30380

I don't even know where that feedback comes from, my administration time has been extremely limited and the only interaction with you recently is when you called me a faggot in Adminhelp amd then logged when I was idling on the server and log diving.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #30396

NikNakFlak wrote:I don't even know where that feedback comes from, my administration time has been extremely limited and the only interaction with you recently is when you called me a faggot in Adminhelp amd then logged when I was idling on the server and log diving.
terrible

0/10
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #75074

A nice guy, but God he hates anything fun.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #83426

Extremely good at handling the database.
A little cautious and timid when it comes to destructive badminnery, but he knows how to make harmless fun for the players. Very polite and professional at all times.
Seems to be very level headed, and doesn't seem to let emotions get in the way of judgments.
Would make a great headmin.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #96451

gave me nice advice about how to apprentice as a first-timer (well, as a wizard/apprentice anyway) advice was helpful, pertinent and voluminous

i fucked it up anyway and died early on lynched by 20 people after mindswapping captain but it was fun anyway :^)
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #103663

[deleted]
Last edited by rdght91 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #103810

I sited the exact reasons for the feedback on vekter, including specific examples.
Any interactions you have had with on the server, the one most recently I can remember dealing with that warden, were completely professional.
If you could please provide examples of these claims I could see the validity of your points. If not, then I don't.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #103834

rdght91 wrote:Rude to players, rude to fellow admins (ie the feedback for Vektor, totally hyperbolic, emotional and not constructive), not very mature (is he even 18? Why is he even allowed to play much less moderate?), often insults people in arguments, in the examples I've seen he deletes posts in forum discussions only if they disagree with him, believes himself to be the paragon of "professional" conduct despite being by an incredible margin the least "professional."
I'm not really mad at Nik, and while I appreciate that people are standing up for me, it's not necessary.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #103855

[deleted]
Last edited by rdght91 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #103863

All of your statements are like opinions. If he improves, I don't see how it's useless. Your only example you have showed me is my feedback on vekter's thread which is perfectly warranted and simply your opinion. I'm probably going to disregard your feedback completely. V(o_o)V
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #103955

[deleted]
Last edited by rdght91 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #103997

That is basically what I'm doing. I don't believe in the feedback you provided me so I'm ignoring it. Simple as that.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #103999

Over moderates.
"In my opinion"

Take it how you will, but even if it's not your intent, and you are honestly just trying to enforce the rules as you see them, it does look like you moderate based on your own opinions, while at the same time disregarding differing opinions, Looks bad bro.

No hostility though, Better you than nobody I guess, so thanks for trying to keep shit on point.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #104020

Could you provide examples of this so I know what you are referring to?
Specific threads, and such?
That would help me identify the problem and rectify it.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #104023

Kinda hard to cite deleted examples, but I'll try
A big one I recall off the top of my head was the SAC incident Old forums, where he slung insults, you returned, then shut down the conversation over a deleted thread, then a similar engagement in OOC as with the next one with tunder

And when you muted OOC after engaging in debate with tunder over validity of old polls you then muted him.

Pretty sure there was a very similar one with terbs before that one, something in watercooler? I honestly can't recall specifics, but I remember vaguely a questionable trash can of one of his threads, then him flipping out.

It's like a pattern, perhaps in the future when you feel you might seem to have a personal stake in a moderation activity you could consider getting someone else to take a look at it. because it's vaguely locked in my mind that arguing with you leads to deleted messages.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #104067

You are citing two year old examples here? What the hell?
I already even made up with SAC and terbs over those incidents and we both admitted we did some wrong.
Even I admit I over-moderated during that time, but that was.... 2 years ago. On the Erro forums, those were darker times.
How can you even cite those as examples?
The Tunder thing was stupid and an admin complaint was made over it and it was discussed already.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #104072

Meh, It's a series of similar events, Like I said, not exactly easy to provide instances of over moderation, as it's deleted. I can only go with what I've seen and recall off the top of my head, and that's that you have a pattern of behavior of ending arguments with moderation.

Take it in, or leave it, I'm not gonna argue it with you, these are my findings, And it being two years ago is neither here nor there if you continue to do it, which between the tunder thing, and with what rdght already covered seems to be the case.
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Post by cultist-chan » #104168

From my point of view he's a pretty good administrator. He helps out, always pitches in and is a all around nice guy. Everything else is moot. Forum disagreements and drama is something else to be handled by head admins or through the admin complaints I believe.

Could be wrong about that though.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #104255

As I have said before in a few places, NikNak is the King of detectives.
His sweeps and organisation of the ban database is un-rivalled. If we still had such a role I would nominate them for head of bans.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know why you were banned. If you are looking for pity, I can tell you I don't have pity. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career of admining. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you take the ban, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will ban you." - NikNakFlak
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #104542

Does his job well. Isn't afraid to speak his mind.

Oh gosh, if I give him nice feedback, will he forget about the toilet murder?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #104563

Professional who does it for free, what isn't to like

keep up the good work.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #104914

My interactions with him have been good all round.

Good job mang.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #106240

Quoting himself in his forum signature.

Therefore, slowly succumbing to administrative egomania.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #106241

I didn't make that quote though. Some other admin did. It was a joke as IF I said it, when I really didn't
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #106263

And it's hilarious.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #106325

DemonFiren wrote:Quoting himself in his forum signature.

The original was literally 4 posts above yours xP
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #106458

>implying anyone scrolls up
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #106770

NikNak is pretty awesome, Always friendly and went to a good bit of trouble to help me out last night.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #106804

NikNakFlak is very dedicated and hardworking, and he often volunteers to look up logs for lazy admins.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Turgent
Byond Username: Turgent

Post by Turgent » #110544

Refuses to give me permanent catgirl, threatens me with insults such as 'Dryer Sheets' and 'Deturgent'.
I recommend a hug, slap and then a firm finger wag.

(He's okay, if a little bit too chatty. 8.5/10. Where's my catgirl status, you cuck.)
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #110598

Turgent wrote:Refuses to give me permanent catgirl
You're asking the wrong admin for that~.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #110744

DemonFiren wrote:Quoting himself in his forum signature.

I think it's the mark of a great man.
RIP
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #111201

Deleted some threads in FNR Trash such that I can't make the little orange bubbles turn back to grey.

Is otherwise a fine admin.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #111282

newfren wrote:Deleted some threads in FNR Trash such that I can't make the little orange bubbles turn back to grey.

Is otherwise a fine admin.
From the main page theres a "make all forums read" which should fix that. If not then ┐('~`;)┌
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #111468

There's one of those buttons in every forum and subforum just click it there.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #133006

Very helpful with /vg/-tg things.
/vg/station Head Admin
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #133439

makes a man go doot doot.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #133600

keep up the good work
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #134904

People give him a lot more shit than he deserves because he doesn't come off as personable but he does a lot of testing and investigating that no one else would do, and he's recently IMO become one of the best admins. Sorry for the drama in the past.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #135637

tried to tell me how to play rev.

whisper niknakflak.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #150139

This weirdo follows me around in OOC, the forums and GitHub and either shits in my mouth or uses his inexplicable forum powers to close my threads prematurely.

Not even sure why he has a grudge against me, I've never shat on him before. He's like 12 years old in SS13 terms, irrelevant, and acts underage.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #150148

Please point out threads I have closed prematurely.
other than that
>Implying I give a fuck about your opinion and your "he s-stalks me because he's weird n-not because i'm s-shit"
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #150168

The first syllables of stalks and shit are st and sh, NikNak
Also thank you for admitting to stalking me
And here

But why do you think I'm shit? And why do you stalk me in particular, when I doubt I'm the only player you consider shit? That's what I don't get. I never did anything to you to provoke this response. I think you showed up after I stopped playing, so it's an odd grudge to have. If I was still playing, you were just one of those names under adminwho who was unrecognisable.

Oh, after re-reading my first sentence, it reads like my feelings are hurt that NikNakFlak could think I was shit. Don't worry about it, I'm just genuinely confused by what your beef is.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #150172

Not to get too heavily into this because this isn't a formal complaint, but that thread wasn't really closed prematurely, I should have locked it after my post honestly
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #150186

Amnestik, Shaps had given a verdict on the thread, calling it a lack of/miscommunication, Niknak simply closed it.

If you have a SPECIFIC complaint (other than He's stalking me!) about Niknakflak please make a complaint thread on the appropriate board.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #150203

Shaps wrote:Not to get too heavily into this because this isn't a formal complaint, but that thread wasn't really closed prematurely, I should have locked it after my post honestly
Your decision was premature and showed a lack of understanding of the situation
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #150204

Ahammer18 wrote:Amnestik, Shaps had given a verdict on the thread, calling it a lack of/miscommunication, Niknak simply closed it.
As part of his pattern of following me around and undermining me, which he actually accidentally admitted to on the previous page