Low Rule Round Feedback/Discussion

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Low Rule Round Feedback/Discussion

Post by Stickymayhem » #103931

I'm going to start doing these regularly, with a hope to maybe implementing the positive aspects of the idea.

So here's a place to discuss actual rounds in which this took place, the good and the bad.

We ran an extended round last night and it was one of the most entertaining rounds I've seen in a long time. One unexpected but pleasant affect was that it seemed the main people adminhelping where in fact people who were being deliberately shit and got unmercifully curbstomped for it. The majority of players are actually pretty decent, and giving them the power to just annihilate people who are being cunts for any reason is pretty great. The ahelp count was pretty low despite a high level of violence and security held themselves together especially well, with an early show of force crushing greytiders and then easing up once they'd established themselves as a force to be afraid of. Officers were travelling in pairs and generally worked together better than usual as well I noticed.

I'm going to start mixing in antag rounds as well when I try this again tonight.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Re: Low Rule Round Feedback/Discussion

Post by tedward1337 » #103948

This was fun as shit
More rounds like this pls
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #103975

The one in Sybil just now would've been fun if it WEREN'T FOR THE TRAITOR AI.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #103977

Horrible fucking round. Was it due to the AI happening to roll traitor and thus making every problem worse in a cascade effect? I dunno, possibly.

Normally I'd say that meant this wasn't a good 'test' of it, but since you actually want to chop the rules up, Sticky, well. This is what's going to fucking happen when the round selects malf or traitor AI. So I guess it was a perfect test of how your ideas will work when it's actually made The Thing.
RIP
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #104003

I wanted to go security, but it was full
I don't think that's ever happened to me before, but anyways I transfered (Even with the HoP being a dipshit and not even renaming my job)
the job seemed much more manageable honestly, I was a lot less worried about accumulating shitcurity notes, Though the AI interfered heavily with a normal run, perhaps we'd know more if we got a traitorling round like this, or even nuke. but it's hard to guess at how this would play out under normal conditions during AI Wiz or blob rounds.

I'd like to try more pls.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #104021

I'd like to move slowly towards this (and maybe not quite as far) rather than jump.

I think we should start by integrating "sec can beat the shit out of criminals/gulag them/kill badguys" into the main ruleset.

Or scrap some of the restrictions they currently have, whichever way you want to look at it.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #104044

Too late deleted all the rules sorry
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #104045

I'm crashing these rules with no survivors
Players can and will create their own fun.
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Post by cultist-chan » #104059

Not a fan of these rounds because people the next round confuse the previous rounds rules.

IE Next round
A help "I was dancing on a table and I got robusted"
Investigation
"Isn't it still low rules round? I'm sorry I robusted the clown for being on top of the table but its low rules so anything goes HONK HONK."
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104201

Too bad I missed it, then again I was playing LW so I was there in spirit.

When's the next one?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #104209

Malkevin wrote:Too bad I missed it, then again I was playing LW so I was there in spirit.

When's the next one?
Next round
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104212

I'm at work...
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #104213

possibly tonight.

I have to do them when I can my amount of free time is atrocious right now.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #104376

Just had a low rule nuke round, I was a scientist. I got blinded with a screwdriver by a golem because I gave him a fire extinguisher when he asked for "melee weapons", I think he got killed eventually. The shuttle was called pretty soon because someone spread all the diseases. A bit chaotic but an okay round, low rules should become the norm
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #104380

Glorious SS13 chaos, as the game was meant to be

The diseases were kind of lame but fuck me it was fun
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #104398

Just a lot of griefing from everyone, security and heads of staff included.

I didn't like being locked up for 7 minutes by the HoP for walking into a hand tele portal and ending up in his office, but releasing every virus in a forgotten virus crate felt pretty good afterward. Griefing is enjoyable unless you're the victim.

This round reminded me of rounds from 2012 where griefing was rampant and for whatever reason admins tolerated it. It seemed like the kind of thing admins had been working towards preventing ever since then by introducing new rules. I could tolerate it once in awhile, but if this were the norm for every round it'd get pretty tiring. Doing your job is pretty difficult when everyone else is griefing, and there aren't enough people IC to keep the griefers in check.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104410

Amnestik wrote:I didn't like being locked up for 7 minutes by the HoP for walking into a hand tele portal and ending up in his office, but releasing every virus in a forgotten virus crate felt pretty good afterward. Griefing is enjoyable unless you're the victim.
Sounds like taking the safety labels off of everything and letting nature take it's course.

Funfact: Low rules round wouldn't have meant shit in regards to the above sentence , even in a full round the HoP would've been within the rules and guidelines with that 7 minute sentence.
Utter
Byond Username: Utter

Post by Utter » #104425

Hi guys. I play Carter Lowe and have been around /tg/station since its inception on TLE's server. Back then it was the wild wild west, people killed for the slightest reason. When you got killed, you dealt with it. This reminds me of that and I LOVE it. I know I look back with heavy nostalgia goggles, but low rules is how the game should be played. It honestly hasn't change how I play at all, besides the fact that if I decide to grief, I KNOW that I'm putting myself up for valids. Which is absolutely fair.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #104447

I enjoyed the round, I also noticed that there was a step up in players playing security as well. I played a replacement HoS who got the m1911 with the 3 settings and infinite ammo, and plenty of people kept wanting to fuck with me, it felt good to beable to get rid of grey tiders, and by fuck with me I am meaning slipping me on soap, welding me in a locker, and when I get out trying to disarm me even more, not just one time thing. I enjoy these rounds, because you can't cry when you start shit. It feels good to robust people who are being dickheads and trying to be annoying
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #104528

Malkevin wrote: Funfact: Low rules round wouldn't have meant shit in regards to the above sentence , even in a full round the HoP would've been within the rules and guidelines with that 7 minute sentence.
Maybe you're right, but I haven't experienced that gross misuse of power in a regular round in a long time.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #104578

You've been extremely lucky then. A 7 minute sentence is an incredibly minor nuisance.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #104603

I have never seen so much salt in Ahelps though. And also a lot of "Thats bullshit" when I tell them its basicly an IC issue. The issue isn't really that individual players are that bad, but the heaving mass of everyone collectively.

What I mean is take the new rule of "No murderboning", now this means that anyone can get away with at least one murder, even with fairly loose reasons, particularly security and assistants (which are already known for taking it too far). One person killing one other person, not to bad, now spread this over the entire station population. We end up with what is effectively a DA round, at least everyone dying once (seriously the corridors where red).

We're almost making the server into anarchy rules (to an extent), which obviously works on some servers, such as Goon, but do we really want to be another clone of them?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box