TRIALMIN REVIEW: Scones

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

TRIALMIN REVIEW: Scones

Post by Jordie0608 » #109014

Scones has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for a month now.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Re: TRIALMIN REVIEW: Scones

Post by tedward1337 » #109050

He seems to be upset with me, but I have no quarrel with him. He's a right proper admin and should be promoted. Also a very competent HoS.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #109055

Good admin.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #109065

Here we are again
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #109067

Has a good head on their shoulder as far as security goes, while we don't align perfectly on that front, has never strayed from a reasonable approach entirely.

Another decently high praise is their professionalism in general, I didn't think they were a trialmin at all until this thread popped up, they strike me as a natural to the task now that I know it.

Keep up the good work, the thin red line needs more like you, harsh on the actual shitcurity, but willing to listen to those harder to pin down cases, Two thumbs up.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #109069

Huh... I thought you quit?

Well, anyway - you're a good trialmin (a little strict, but that's not too bad), you'll make a good admin too... but only if you spawn drones. :+1:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #109072

Overly salty when involving events that include them. The tornadium thread comes to mind where they demanded action and bans be placed in ASAY. Aside from that I have no opinion
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #109076

The best black chick on our admin team.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #109100

Scones is a very good admin, they know how to keep things fair and is a good contributor to the adminconspiracy.

They get a bit too riled up when things happen to them but that's okay because I can just mash the reject adminhelp button so it's okay.

Promote!

(Also they were already a gamemin and a good one at that).
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Post by cultist-chan » #109109

Scones is online enough to be a admin. He needs to mind his temper though.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #109128

Was a good admin beforehand and still is now

No reason not to promote
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #109263

Demote. He makes me look bad as an admin. He's too good; he'll ruin conspiracybus.

Nah, he rocks. Promote.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #109274

I'm still a mixed bag with Scones for me.

I have seem them on really consistently which helps and when they admin they are GENERALLY reasonable, very quick to respond to ahelps and sorts out problems as they know the game mechanics/engine very well.

However that said, they obviously have some anger issues with occasionally spread into the game/admin world. A lot of the time this is purely in asay or IRC so it doesnt spill through to being unprofessional.

It worries me a bit that often when they play and are deadmind, if for example, they die or a situation which causes them to become aggravated they will re-admin and complain no end, even often after ahelping.
They are also very unlike to accept any other admins viewpoint on anything if its counter to their own view point, which not only comes across as stubborn and aggressive it also feels very one track minded.

I haven't seen too many situations where the players themselves bare the brunt of this, but theirs definitely an air of "im right, your wrong" about sometimes.

All that said, I do not wish them to be demoted, maybe an extension of their trail? Ultimately their not a bad admin.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #110594

I have to agree with PAS on their analysis. I've experienced similar things from scones. He's a good admin, just needs to get the salt under control. His handling of ahelps is really good though. I've often asked them for their opinion when I'm uncertain on a matter involving sec.
I'd say extend maybe.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #110638

Extremely competent member of security, which is saying a lot, considering the usual shittery. Everyone has a right to get occasionally riled up, its part of being human. For instance, two days ago I told Tsaricide to 'shut his fucking whore mouth' or something like that. It only becomes an issue when it is consistently observed, which is what is happening here.

Extend.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Summoner
Byond Username: Summoner99

Post by Summoner » #110673

Great admin, promote him.
Long time player and former admin
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #111233

Ahammer18 wrote: Everyone has a right to get occasionally riled up, its part of being human.
True.

I have to make clear that by no means do I think Scones should be dropped/demoted, though I am leaning towards extend.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #111578

Honestly Scones was a good admin before she could just do with taking shit less seriously.

But that could be said about 90% of the community.
Spoiler:
To address the concerns on singulo: This is not a diversity hire. Scones being a black woman has nothing to do with her being promoted.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman