Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Miauw » #102928

Bottom post of the previous page:

Marflow wrote:Additional virus icons
Currently the icon for being infected is always the same regardless of the virus. It would be nice if there were at least 3 versions of the icon to show clearly if the virus is going to melt your face off while you're honking in your own puddle of blood, mildly annoying cough or full on regenerative stimulant virus, something simple like red sadface, yellow neutral face and green/blue happy face. The icon would be determined by the most harmful symptom in the bunch, there'd be no point trying to make elaborate algorithm to determine if all 3 viruses are overall good/neutral/bad.
somebody tried this but it was denied i dont remember why
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #102980

Miauw wrote:
Marflow wrote:Additional virus icons
Currently the icon for being infected is always the same regardless of the virus. It would be nice if there were at least 3 versions of the icon to show clearly if the virus is going to melt your face off while you're honking in your own puddle of blood, mildly annoying cough or full on regenerative stimulant virus, something simple like red sadface, yellow neutral face and green/blue happy face. The icon would be determined by the most harmful symptom in the bunch, there'd be no point trying to make elaborate algorithm to determine if all 3 viruses are overall good/neutral/bad.
somebody tried this but it was denied i dont remember why
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/1068

It seems that Giacom did not like the way it was coded, and closed it. It is certainly doable, though. We could try again with better code.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #103012

Clowns should be a mutant race and require breathing N2O to live
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #103343

Malkevin wrote:Clowns should be a mutant race and require breathing N2O to live
Wrong thread
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
oneechan
Byond Username: MajorAppleSauce

Post by oneechan » #103349

Chemical like the acids we currently have, in that it melts clothes layers off, but doesn't do any damage ("Your <body part> feels warm and tingly").
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #103435

oneechan wrote:Chemical like the acids we currently have, in that it melts clothes layers off, but doesn't do any damage ("Your <body part> feels warm and tingly").
erp is banned silly
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #103437

Being on fire should cause your hair to burn off over time if you're not wearing fireproof gear. After a minute of being on fire you go completely bald and maybe get a bit of flavor text as well. Great for trolling people who prefer super kawaii long hair
oneechan
Byond Username: MajorAppleSauce

Post by oneechan » #103477

Xhuis wrote:
oneechan wrote:Chemical like the acids we currently have, in that it melts clothes layers off, but doesn't do any damage ("Your <body part> feels warm and tingly").
erp is banned silly
This would be just in case ERP is unbanned
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #103492

Using a soul shard/wizard shard on a body should ping the owner that someone is attempting to steal their soul.

Emagging a cryo tube could open up a secret compartment for chemicals so they won't show up on the chemical list. It would only stay open for a few seconds and would have to be emagged again to get it out. Could be a bit broken if someone managed to get a bluespace beaker full of poly-acid in there.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #103571

One Seven One wrote:Using a soul shard/wizard shard on a body should ping the owner that someone is attempting to steal their soul.

Emagging a cryo tube could open up a secret compartment for chemicals so they won't show up on the chemical list. It would only stay open for a few seconds and would have to be emagged again to get it out. Could be a bit broken if someone managed to get a bluespace beaker full of poly-acid in there.
You wouldn't need a bluespace beaker, a regular beaker would still take ages to empty out. If it's a large beaker it would probably last all round.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #103692

What do you guys think about giving changelings a mindswapesque ability?

Mindswap rounds are fun as fuck and don't happen nearly as often as they should imo
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #103694

I could dig it, but it probably shouldn't be as clean as mindswap
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #103697

>Mindswapsting
>Incriminate guy
>Get them burned in your body
Rinse and repeat.

It should be something involved, it should require a grab but perhaps the ability should start them off with the grab, but essentially they have to keep the person in place to swap with them.
it should almost DEFINITELY be quicker than an absorb.
私は完璧
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #103704

Ye, requiring at least a passive grab would make it harder to swap with security.

I'm mostly looking for a way to swap identities without having to fiddle with inventory on top of it.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #103712

I forget whether I've posted this already, but it'd be cool if the seeds in the garden were randomized
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #103718

Oh, that would be horrible with even a few units of poison in that case. It'd probably be easier to get it out by deconstructing the entire cryopod.

I would like to see changelings getting a different way to swap identities that could lead to chaos. A mindswap type of ability could be fun.
Imagine it, you have someone buckle cuffed and pull out your arm blade and swap minds with them. Instantly call for help and get them cremated.

What if lings could get some kind of implant ability? Think xenomorph chest burster but the signs would only show up when the ling that implanted them died.
If a ling implanted the corpse of their victim and it stays in the morgue, they could burst as one of those little ling creatures and burrow in to a nearby corpse or escape through the vents.
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #103947

Make the freezer actually cold and if you stay in there too long without warm clothes,( ie: wintercoat / puff jacket which would be located either inside the freezer or hanging up by the sinsink,) you can freeze to death, get frostbite / hypothermia or something like cryosting would happen to you.

I try and do this every round I get atoms tech.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #103956

It used to be cold, as did t-comms.

I think it got removed because it lagged the server.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #103961

Seeing as the entirety of centcomm is now simulated for the whole round, the freezer being cold can probbably come back.
Also tcomms is still cold, I think. It is on meta, anyway.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #104098

The Malfunction powers Upgrade Camera and Reactivate Camera should both affect the entire camera network, and have the costs somewhat increased to reflect that. Right now, upgrade camera is pretty much useless and Reactivate Camera is limited in its worth!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #104288

I was thinking Changelings could use their stings on empty containers to fill them up and re-purpose them in a more "deniable" way. Like filling up a container with a mix of mute, cryo and blind stings then harvesting the mixture with syringes and prepping a syringe gun for tacticool maintenance hunting. It would also give Lings a desire for the Rapid-Fire syringe gun that can be made in science.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104295

And then Xeno bio could hold captive lings to milk their extracts...

FUND IT!
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #104354

Blood, vomit and other mess around the station should have a chance to make you slip, or if it's dried get stuck to your shoes to make you slower, giving a reason for the janitor not to suicide at round start. Also large pools of blood should be 100% chance of slip.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #104356

Blood should have the lowest chance, oil the highest.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #104734

Being on fire or being near an explosion should produce an overlay effect on things, similar to how bloody items are.
One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #104826

To go along with traitor's disguise items.

A 'Poster' that works like a C4.
Set the timer amd plaster it around in hopes that your target will walk near it or set the timer and have people wonder why everything is suddenly blowing up.

A pack of cigarettes that prevent you from tripping alarms, making break ins a little easier.

A single 'cigarette' that you can turn off or on, when on it'll prevent anyone from seeing you on the cameras.

What if we could throw a voice analyzer in to Beepsky and have him arrest anyone for saying certain words or phrases? Imagine that security actually interrogated traitors and managed to get their code words to throw in to beepsky. Maybe the captain has gone mad and is arresting anyone for saying the word "Condom." Maybe the HoS is arresting anyone reading Woody's Got Wood.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #104829

One Seven One wrote: A single 'cigarette' that you can turn off or on, when on it'll prevent anyone from seeing you on the cameras.
This is what Agent Cards should do, only the good coders are busy and I'm a bit shit at coding stuff like that.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #105039

Make significant cult runes like summon narsie glow or something so cultists know to get the fuck around it
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #105066

Luke Cox wrote:Make significant cult runes like summon narsie glow or something so cultists know to get the fuck around it
Get me sprites!
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #105124

Surgery needs a box of those dog cone things to put on everyone lizards and catpeople after surgery.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #105178

ahahahahahahah
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #105943

You should be able to rename the agent ID card, and use a voice changer like the changeling's power (by typing in the name).
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #106076

Make the huge scrubbers science has be able to be made or at least put more of them around, they are the shit
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #106304

We need an admin button that turns all Assistants (or anyone who spawned as an Assistant, at least) into drones.
One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #107094

New Wizard spells

Fortify
Give you a shield that absorbs 20 damage. Can stack up to 60 or 100.

Raise dead
All corpses in an EMP radius come back as NPC zombies.

Summon Skeleton
Spawns two NPC skeletons near you.

Grease
Greases (Lubes) tiles in front of you in a 3x3 radius
Last edited by One Seven One on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #107200

Raise bread

All tortillas in an EMP range turn to bread slices
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #107217

Traitor Uplinks should have a self-destruct function that produces a small explosion when used. Simply unlock it, set the self-destruct timer and explosion size (from smaller than C4-sized all the way to just a bit larger than C4-sized) at the top of the menu and get rid of it before it blows up. The countdown can be stopped and keeps counting down even if re-locked.
Possible uses would include: Using it as a last-chance grenade, placing it on a body to gib them if you're willing to lose your PDA or as a possible break out measure ahead of time if you've been brigged or perma'd (but would come with the consequence of destroying your stuff in the locker).
One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #108031

Wizard scroll case:
Maybe it could be a re-skinned dufflebag?

The scroll case has a few one time use scroll that destroy themselves when used but have stronger variants of spells.

Lighting bolt Scroll: Fires three lightning bolts instead of one.
Disable Technology Scroll: Disabled tech explodes
Mind Swap Scroll: Swaps the minds of everyone in range
Blind Scroll: Something like a stronger flashbang
Repulse scroll: Flings enemies and items away while making a forcewall barrier around the wizard
Animation scroll: All items in a short radius come alive
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #108390

give lings an ability that costs 2 genomes that causes chems to regenerate even faster, and it stacks with chem glands
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #108460

A researchable bola-launcher. Trips those hit by it and applies (relatively) easy-to-remove shackles.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #108651

EndgamerAzari wrote:A researchable bola-launcher. Trips those hit by it and applies (relatively) easy-to-remove shackles.
Go the 70's BSG route and make LASER BOLAS.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #108661

Give the AI the same reticule that advanced camera consoles and blob overminds have. It is wonderful having a centered reference point so the user knows exactly where the camera mob is.
EasX
Byond Username: EasX

Post by EasX » #108676

Gun Hog wrote:Give the AI the same reticule that advanced camera consoles and blob overminds have. It is wonderful having a centered reference point so the user knows exactly where the camera mob is.

Hell yes to this.

+1 :ai:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #109037

Please make the shoulder holster able to hold shotgun shells. As bartender i like to saw off my shotgun and keep it in there for maximum tacticool, and being able to use the other two slots for a full load of ammo would be nice
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #109241

Emag idea: Let us put it in the ID slot so we can slaughter airlocks.
Mime: Depresso
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #109272

Really?? You want to make the emag even more powerful? Are you dumb?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #109285

I like it, if only because it pisses off a security player :honk:
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #109751

How about being able to combine body armour with certain other exosuits like firesuits, biosuits and winter coats (except Security coats as they already have protection I believe) via table-crafting. Body armour is not very common and if you're a non-antag you can ask cargo to order a crate and have security hand a few out to departments that might need them. Like doctors running as paramedics, who might need the extra protection, or scientists working the EXPERIMENTER (for god knows what reason). Radsuits should be doable too which could make them viable protection against Abductors since their default weapon is radiation-based while still giving you protection if they steal e-guns from the armoury. It's a minor thing and it should be obvious on examining and on people's sprites that their exosuit is modified.

As a bonus, you could make it combinable with bulletproof armour, but not the other specialised armours. Riot armour is already an extensive exosuit and Ablative looks too advanced to mess around with without breaking it.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #109766

A balloon item you can get from arcade machines, you can click on it to fill it up with air, or you can fill it up with reagents, and when thrown act like a mini smoke bomb that covers 2x2 tiles.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #109864

TrustyGun wrote:A balloon item you can get from arcade machines, you can click on it to fill it up with air, or you can fill it up with reagents, and when thrown act like a mini smoke bomb that covers 2x2 tiles.
The day balloons become a dangerous weapon is the day people start arresting those with balloons.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #109867

Cheimon wrote:The day balloons become a dangerous weapon is the day people start arresting those with balloons.
You mean Security doesn't already arrest you for having a Syndie balloon?