Windows 10

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Windows 10

Post by Ricotez » #108515

Who else applied the upgrade? I went out of my way and made an image of my hard drive, and I'm happy I did because I am honestly considering a rollback.

It's not that Windows 10 is broken, it's that I keep running into these small bugs like an unresponsive task bar or driver issues (oh god the driver issues) that make me wish I had waited a bit longer with upgrading.

So yeah, what are your experiences?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Windows 10

Post by Remie Richards » #108519

My experiences are Windows made the folder with the files on the 10th of July, but didn't fill it with any files until yesterday (the 29th)
which is funny.

Other humorous occurrences at the moment includes the infamous:

Something Happened
Something Happened

Error message.

I'm holding off on installing it until people say it's ok, some people I've spoken too say it is, and then you're here saying it's broken in little key places.

tl;dr I'mma wait till it's stable.
私は完璧
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #108523

My pet vulture told me it was full of bugs and to be avoided until it was cleaned up.
Dear god though, why would anyone make an error message "something happened"? It's crashed, I fucking know SOMETHING happened, what I want to know is WHAT happened.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #108542

I always a month or two so early adopters like you can iron out bugs
Summoner
Byond Username: Summoner99

Post by Summoner » #108543

I've had it for the past weeks, I had no issues.

If you have any driver issues I recommend clean installing so you don't have any Win7 or Win8 compatibility errors.
Long time player and former admin
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #108545

Thunder11 wrote:My pet vulture told me it was full of bugs and to be avoided until it was cleaned up.
Dear god though, why would anyone make an error message "something happened"? It's crashed, I fucking know SOMETHING happened, what I want to know is WHAT happened.
Presumably "something happened" is the default string that's supposed to be overwrite with error specific information. Some error(s) [don't have/aren't passing] that information OR error reporting itself isn't getting/processing that information.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #108602

I have the free upgrade in the wings, don't really want to mess with any incompatibilities so I'm just waiting.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #108610

Yeah i have the free upgrade option too. Im holding off on it because ive heard its buggy and ive never upgraded my OS before(on a computer that i dont want to completely wipe, atleast).
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #108716

Usually the rule with windows is wait until the first string of updates.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #108879

Enjoy your keylogger

...Seriously, this shit is far past illegal in Europe

https://i.imgur.com/9DoVoix.jpg

It will never be a viable OS because it's absolutely retarded with all these things
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #109006

XSI its entirely viable and people are using it right now. Whether they should be is another thing all together.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
XSI

Post by XSI » #109156

I don't consider macs viable either, but somehow a whole lot of people think they are perfectly fine
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #109581

Honestly I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with windows 10. I kind of like it, in fact.

Pros
Sleek design
No compatibility errors so far
More multitasking capability
Legacy start menu
No more internet explorer

Cons
No more local passwords (its all microsoft accounts now)
Everything seems kind of small, even the CMD text
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #109586

Ahammer18 wrote:No more local passwords (its all microsoft accounts now)
So does this basically add your local drive to the NSA dragnet if they so wish?
Mime: Depresso
Summoner
Byond Username: Summoner99

Post by Summoner » #109592

You can have a local account and local password but if you want to use things like Cortana they force you to create and only use the Microsoft Account.
Long time player and former admin
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #109616

>Go to download Win10
>Realize I never activated this copy of 7
>don't have a valid key for Ultimate
>going to have to install Home Premium THEN install 10

RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #110168

The good news is, I fixed that shit and I'm on Windows 10 now.

The bad news is, for whatever reason, windows 10 makes Dota 2 lag to fuck.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #110174

So is Windows 10 any better than Windows 8? I upgraded to that expecting an improvement over 7, but it's kind of shit.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #110219

IMO it's not really better, but if you hate Metro they moved all that stuff back into the start menu now. So all you really have is a much smaller Metro.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #110233

DX 12 is better but not a lot of things support it yet so I am just waiting.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #110257

Win10 does have a nice storage overview, that gives you some good information about how much crap you have saved to your computer. Certainly helps if you want to find out what happened to that 100gb that used to be empty. Could be a bit more detailed though, and it's not 100% accurate as far as I can see.
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #110303

what's the backward compatibility like
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Arty
Byond Username: Cheremenin

Post by Arty » #112386

ALRIGHT SO

I was really hyped up for the free update and I was kinda dumb and rushed it just as it came out for 7

That was a pretty fucking stupid move - my permissions and rights and user folders and shit and whatnot became all messed up and turned up almost exclusively read-only, with pretty much little to no hope of actual restoration - it was all literally fucking locked away from me for some reason and I had to go as far as killing UAC and using Tweaking.com Windows Repair to at least try and fix that mess, but it ultimately failed

So I backed up all of the important data and formatted my primary drive and installed 7 again (the restore features refused to work properly), and that's where I began to understand where it all possibly went wrong

The automatic update tool fucking sucks, alright? As for an example it puts you in a goddamn queue, but you can easily force it to download anyway with a few commands
Maybe it works fine for 8 and 8.1 but it did not do well for me with 7. Probably because Avast was running at the time, I don't know.

Now here's the method that worked perfectly for me:

So I got this "windows media creation tool" thing from MS and began the update from scratch from there

I HIGHLY recommend selecting the third option when the program asks you as to what would you like to keep. Yes, it erases everything. It's almost like a format or a clean install except that it's not (a CLEAN install of Win 10 would be from a USB or a DVD but I don't have a 3+ gb flash drive or any empy DVDs on me right now), this can be called a "dirty clean installation". Your old system files are actually kept for 30 days for easy rollbacks.

Once it installs you should get a 99% clean and fresh installation of Win 10 with you.
However, since the system is a fucking nightmare for tinfoil hats here's a tip: use DoNotSpy10. It's a tiny program that collects all of the 35+ "security" options in Windows 10 like keylogging in one neat and compact interface and allows you to disable (and enable) all of them or each at a time. Very useful and may probably even increase performance.

Also CCleaner is mandatory for getting rid of all the old files. There's a special new option introduced in the newest versions designed for Win 10.

All in all the system works great for me so far, barely any compatibility issues (the ones I had were fixed by manually applying compatible drivers), little to no backwards compatibility issues - even if there's something that doesn't work try running it in a compatibility mode - and there's a LOT of them now. Also
Very clean interface
EXTREME performance gain in most modern AAA titles - I got over 20 free FPS just by playing GTA V under Win10
Booting is now 2-3x times even though I don't even have an SSD yet
The system in general is very fast by itself, literally zero lag at all no matter what I do, can alt-tab in and out of heavy apps and games with ease
MULTIPLE VIRTUAL DEKSTOPS HOLY SHIT FINALLY + FUCKING GREAT HOTKEYS
Automatic updates (Yes, I like that one controversial feature along with auto driver updates)
A really cool-looking start menu
Store and its Metro apps (note: do not work if you force disable UAC using tools like TweakUAC) - some of the are far too tablet-ish but you can get used to that if you want, also tiles are pretty cool but lack customization and grid settings
A new compact control panel (the old one is still there though!) simply called Settings
OH BOY A NOTIFICATIONS CENTER which is seriously fucking useful - there's one in Android, iOS, Ubuntu and finally one appears on Windows
A ton of other neat things that are really fucking rad but I don't remeber what they are right now.

8.5/10
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #112402

Well. Looks like the Windows Rule stands still.
Every other version is garbage. (I consider windows 2000 to be a prototype for Windows XP and as such, exempt to the rule).

95: Meh
98: Awesome
ME: OH GOD KILL IT KILL IT
2000/XP: Awesome(after the first and second service packs)
Vista: WHY!? WHYYY!?
7: Holy shit this is what Vista should have been!
8/8.1: I can't begrudge you for trying something new with your GUI, BUT IT SUUUUCKS!

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #112403

2000/NT seem much like XP at all, plus those were marketed towards more of a corporate/workstation thing. Solid nonetheless.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #112506

ThanatosRa wrote:Well. Looks like the Windows Rule stands still.
Every other version is garbage. (I consider windows 2000 to be a prototype for Windows XP and as such, exempt to the rule).

95: Meh
98: Awesome
ME: OH GOD KILL IT KILL IT
2000/XP: Awesome(after the first and second service packs)
Vista: WHY!? WHYYY!?
7: Holy shit this is what Vista should have been!
8/8.1: I can't begrudge you for trying something new with your GUI, BUT IT SUUUUCKS!
9: Would have been good but they killed it before it had a chance
10: Guess where that brings us back to in the cycle
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #112512

Actually, 8 was garbage, 8.1 was acceptable-ish, 9 would have been garbage, so they skipped to 10.
Honk.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #112514

8.1 was just 8 with a coat of varnish on it though. A varnished turd is, at heart, still a turd.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #112515

Yes, but it's a prettier turd.

Kinda like Vista and 7! :honk:

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #112606

Windows 10

Literally worse than Hitler

http://localghost.org/posts/a-traffic-a ... windows-10
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Post by ShizCalev » #112642

I like how they snuck this in as the default option;

ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #112643

DemonFiren wrote:Actually, 8 was garbage, 8.1 was acceptable-ish, 9 would have been garbage, so they skipped to 10.
Honk.
I am currently using windows 8/8.1 and spoilers
Spoiler:
I̗̞ͣ̎̎̈̚ͅ ̞͕̝̺̥̪̰͋a͉̟̫̙c̘̣ͣͧ̈́͌͌̾̊ṱͯ͊́͗̚u̘͔̣͍͚̳̜͆̃a͇̲̓ͤ̑l͉͔̮̪͋̌̂l̦ͭ̍y͓̣̗̞͔̦̎ͦ ͇̟͚̓́͆̓ͩͅľ̬̍i̗̺̲̩̜͗k͉͍̖̰̣͎̟̑̑ͫ̇̊̍e̲͉͍̣͚ͭ̔̑ ̥͎͙̰̋ḯ͔̩̭͖̺̂͆̓͋t̩̀̀̚
I don't even have a touch screen and the swiping to the top left thing doesn't even bother me
I don't care about no start menu because the search bar when you swipe top left searches the computer for you and you can get what program you need in like 3 seconds. and most of the programs I use 99% of the time are on my desktop/taskbar
everything sucks when you aren't used to it, but I've been using it for like what 2-3 years now and I haven't had any major problems with it.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #112652

privacy stuff is all bullshit, but I dont' see why people are so against sharing updates via a dht style network.

As long as it has very conservative bandwidth constraints it should never be a problem and it will improve your download experience.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #112720

oranges wrote:privacy stuff is all bullshit, but I dont' see why people are so against sharing updates via a dht style network.

As long as it has very conservative bandwidth constraints it should never be a problem and it will improve your download experience.
Some people are still on metered connections, and then there's the fact that they're using your internet connection that you pay for in order to save themselves money.
If i wanted to be a communist I'd be using linux

Thunder11 wrote:My pet vulture told me it was full of bugs and to be avoided until it was cleaned up.
Error messages with actual technical information scares the dumb ignorant techno illiterate masses that M$ is desperately trying to claw back from Apple
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #113013

Malkevin wrote:
oranges wrote:privacy stuff is all bullshit, but I dont' see why people are so against sharing updates via a dht style network.

Some people are still on metered connections, and then there's the fact that they're using your internet connection that you pay for in order to save themselves money.
If i wanted to be a communist I'd be using linux
To add on to this, the Fair Usage Policies of UK ISPs are a fucking joke.

Take Virgin media for instance, a 100Mb/s 'unlimited' connection will drop to half speed for an hour if you upload more than 1GB in an hour, and will further drop to one third speed for two hours if you upload more than 1.5GB in an hour.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #113062

Ricotez wrote:Win10 does have a nice storage overview, that gives you some good information about how much crap you have saved to your computer. Certainly helps if you want to find out what happened to that 100gb that used to be empty. Could be a bit more detailed though, and it's not 100% accurate as far as I can see.
WinDirStat works much better for this.
TheWiznard wrote: I don't care about no start menu because the search bar when you swipe top left searches the computer for you and you can get what program you need in like 3 seconds.
Really? With XP, 7, 8.1 and now even 10 I've found Windows searches to be slow as fuck and to miss a lot of files/folders. I use Everything instead.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #113099

Amnestik wrote:[
TheWiznard wrote: I don't care about no start menu because the search bar when you swipe top left searches the computer for you and you can get what program you need in like 3 seconds.
Really? With XP, 7, 8.1 and now even 10 I've found Windows searches to be slow as fuck and to miss a lot of files/folders. I use Everything instead.
i dunno for me I just swipe up to the top left click search and it searches my whole computer; exe/image/folder whatever and it doesn't take 6 years to do it.
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #113504

"download experience"? is somebody paying you to post this inane shit?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #113665

mosquitoman wrote:

"download experience"? is somebody paying you to post this inane shit?
Put on your tinfoil hat and go sit in the corner.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #113679

You don't need a tinfoil hat. Windows 10 is spying on every user and it's a widely known, confirmed fact. Wouldn't be beneath them to hire plants to post encouraging messages on the internet.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #113693

im being paid
nsos

Post by nsos » #113694

buy... windows ME... runs great on my intel celeron from Gateway Computers
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #113695

You're an idiot if you think our shitty little community is anywhere near important enough to do that to.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
nsos

Post by nsos » #113698

[youtube]jTVzMRGtq9U[/youtube]
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #113717

Ain't wasting my precious aus bandwidth on helping web ads be more accurate.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #113727

Turned off all the spying, it'll probably still think me for a zoophiliac pedophile spambot farming virus seeding filthy software pirate.

I will be v& within the next six months, mark my words.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
nsos

Post by nsos » #113792

i mean those are your words not ours
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #113817

DemonFiren wrote:Turned off all the spying, it'll probably still think me for a zoophiliac pedophile spambot farming virus seeding filthy software pirate.

I will be v& within the next six months, mark my words.
I hope you know those options are purely cosmetic. No matter what you select or "disable", it still broadcasts all your info for all to see. Microsoft has always been an evil company but what they've done this time is truly mindboggling. A bloodcurdling horror of lovecraftian proportions unfolding in real time. A giant alien entity hungry for all data it can consume.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #113823

Uh, that's Google. Microsoft is a slightly retarded Lovecraftian alien hungering for ways to stop BSODing.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #113824

BSOD is so 90s. I have never seen it once on Win 7 and I have my Win 7 machine running 24/7 for month without a single restart.