Revenant Policy Regarding Other Antags

Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Revenant Policy Regarding Other Antags

Post by Tunder » #117041

After a few bad experiences with revenants as an antag(getting murdered by their EMP attack as a malf AI, getting ratted out to Sec as an agent by a revenant after letting him feed off critted victims before spacing them), I feel that revenant policy needs to be made more specific.

Revenants should be the antag equivalent of drones, cleaning up after messes but not getting involved in worldly affairs, and it says something along those lines in their flavor text. Their being able to act as hear-all see-all rogue agents who can affect a round at will is questionable, and doesn't seem to fit the point of their existence.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: Revenant Policy Regarding Other Antags

Post by InsaneHyena » #117042

Agreed. Too often I see revenants deliberately messing with antags, perhaps as some form of metagrudge. I haven't observed your loss specifically, so I can't say anything about this particular round, but I HAVE seen revenants that, for example, forsake their "stay hidden" objective and went loud to break a gang's dominator.
Last edited by InsaneHyena on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back papercult.

Tunder

Post by Tunder » #117043

InsaneHyena wrote:Agreed. Too often I see revenants deliberately messing with antags, perhaps as some form of metagrudge.

Yeah, I just got metagrudged by Niknakflak, an admin, who helped Sec all round after snagging a few free meals from me. Shit was uncool, and the flavor text when you are made a revenant is pretty specific regarding working with antags and not against em.

An admin spawning himself as an antag that can go everywhere, see everything, and help Sec fuck over other antags is too much.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #117044

They're ghosts; why can they talk?
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #117045

Maybe their ability to speak to humans is just shitty and problematic
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #117046

It was a random event. I snagged some free meals from you and then betrayed you because security gave me more meals. There are no sides in revenant, it's whatever you feel like to get your essence points. Throwing out metagrudge claims is rather poor taste just because you are salty.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #117048

For the benefit of those who haven't been one what exactly is this stupid flavour text?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #117049

You are a revenant.
Your formerly mundane spirit has been infused with alien energies and empowered into a revenant.
You are not dead, not alive, but somewhere in between. You are capable of limited interaction with both worlds.
You are invincible and invisible to everyone but other ghosts. Some abilities may change this.
To function, you are to drain the life essence from humans. This essence is a resource and will power all of your abilities.
You do not remember anything of your past lives, nor will you remember anything about this one after your death.
Be sure to read the wiki page at https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Revenant to learn more.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #117050

Tunder wrote: and the flavor text when you are made a revenant is pretty specific regarding working with antags and not against em.
revenant.dm wrote:You are a revenant.
Your formerly mundane spirit has been infused with alien energies and empowered into a revenant.
You are not dead, not alive, but somewhere in between. You are capable of limited interaction with both worlds.
You are invincible and invisible to everyone but other ghosts. Some abilities may change this.
To function, you are to drain the life essence from humans. This essence is a resource and will power all of your abilities.
You do not remember anything of your past lives, nor will you remember anything about this one after your death
Be sure to read the wiki page at https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Revenant to learn more.
What?
Tunder wrote:An admin spawning himself as an antag that can go everywhere, see everything, and help Sec fuck over other antags is too much.
Do you have any evidence of this? Shouldn't this be an admin complaint?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #117051

No mention of having to help antagonists in the original PR either: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/8842
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #117052

Scones wrote:
Tunder wrote: and the flavor text when you are made a revenant is pretty specific regarding working with antags and not against em.
revenant.dm wrote:You are a revenant.
You do not remember anything of your past lives, nor will you remember anything about this one after your death
What?
Tunder wrote:An admin spawning himself as an antag that can go everywhere, see everything, and help Sec fuck over other antags is too much.
Do you have any evidence of this? Shouldn't this be an admin complaint?

It was apparently changed, fairly certain the spawn text had a sentence regarding working with other antags.
Boredone
Byond Username: Boredone

Post by Boredone » #117062

Kinda minor, but Revenants currently get random fluff objectives, like be non-lethal, help other antags, kill the chaplain, etc.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #117065

I ded nerf pls.

Seriously, a Revenant has basically no way to kill people, so it either flies around being useless waiting for people to die, or it talks people into killing eachother. I see no issues with this as long as the Revenant only snitches on antags it sees after its spawned, not antags it saw as an observer.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #117068

Alex, revenants can single-handedly murder malfunctioning AIs, and have done so more than once.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #117070

whodaloo wrote:Alex, revenants can single-handedly murder malfunctioning AIs, and have done so more than once.
Whose idea was it to give them EMP when they exist solely to feed off of living humanoids in crit, anyway?

It doesn't make any sense.
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #117071

Sometimes they get the objective of
Objective #2: Collaborate with existing antagonists aboard the station to gain essence.
Which you may be confusing for the spawn text.
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #117072

What is even the point of revenants?

They just ghost around griefing people with EMP, then soul suck random people.
They seem functionally (or literally, not sure) invincible and uncounterable. They're just sort of... there. Annoying and inconveniencing people at best, dicking over malf's etc at worst.

R&d needs to be able to some sort of ghost buster backpack to suck them up for science.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #117102

Yeah the EMP thing is silly. No idea why that was added as an ability. All Revenant abilities suck now. It was supposed to be an antag that does spooky/environmental stuff, but i guess Xhuis got bored and moved onto other projects.
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #117103

NikNakFlak wrote:It was a random event. I snagged some free meals from you and then betrayed you because security gave me more meals. There are no sides in revenant, it's whatever you feel like to get your essence points. Throwing out metagrudge claims is rather poor taste just because you are salty.
I'm not salty, I greentexted despite your meddling.

The fact was that you were able and allowed to act the way you did, when you probably shouldn't be.

Shard souls are given the ability to talk and go wherever because they are bound to another antag's will. Ghosts aren't allowed to interact with the game anymore for good reason, they ruin the game for antags. Revenants are apparently given the ability to communicate with living players, which is bullshit to begin with and proven for years to not work with noclipping mob types, but then they're allowed to do whatever they want with the ability to see everything and talk to everyone, which is even more bullshit.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #117117

They cannot do much else though. Talking people into killing eachother is the main way Revenant will get fresh kills. Just because a ghost is talking to you, that doesnt mean you should trust it. Last time i was Revenant i lied to the HoS and told them random people were "evil".
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #117118

They're pretty fucking awful.

Just had a round where badmins made several of them.
Constant fucking emp spam, constant whatever the power is that knocks everyone out for ages with loads of stam damage and burn.