Department Budgets

A place to record your ideas for the game.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Re: Department Budgets

Post by AseaHeru » #11527

Bottom post of the previous page:

That second idea sounds good, the first sounds like a meh thing.

Perhaps give a reason for the "reason" heading? Make it a crime to fraudulently order things or somesutch.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Solarn
Byond Username: Solarn

Post by Solarn » #11578

AseaHeru wrote:That second idea sounds good, the first sounds like a meh thing.

Perhaps give a reason for the "reason" heading? Make it a crime to fraudulently order things or somesutch.
Wait, that's not a crime already?
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #11586

Not last I checked. Ill go look again.

*Edit*

Not that I can tell.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #11589

The rules and regulations herein are not absolutes, instead they exist to serve mainly as guidelines for the law and order of the dynamic situations that exist for stations on the frontiers of space, as such some leeway is permitted.
Solarn

Post by Solarn » #11628

AseaHeru wrote:Not last I checked. Ill go look again.

*Edit*

Not that I can tell.
Huh. It should definitely be. That's one of the things where Sec is entirely justified to come down on you like a ton of bricks.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #11632

What, because you didn't fill out your paperwork correctly? When nobody checks or gives a shit about the paperwork anyway?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Solarn

Post by Solarn » #11636

Psyentific wrote:What, because you didn't fill out your paperwork correctly? When nobody checks or gives a shit about the paperwork anyway?
No, because you're suddenly in possession of an unaccounted-for crate of potentially extremely dangerous stuff (depending on what you ordered).
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #11666

are you fucking serious

unaccounted for my ass
Apsis

Post by Apsis » #11694

Solarn wrote:
Psyentific wrote:What, because you didn't fill out your paperwork correctly? When nobody checks or gives a shit about the paperwork anyway?
No, because you're suddenly in possession of an unaccounted-for crate of potentially extremely dangerous stuff (depending on what you ordered).
This janitor crate sure is dangerous yes. Dangerous crates have locks you know.
Solarn

Post by Solarn » #11699

Apsis wrote:
Solarn wrote:
This janitor crate sure is dangerous yes. Dangerous crates have locks you know.
And those locks can generally be bypassed. Traitors can emag them, engineers (or anyone with an enterprising spirit in a round where the engies all fucked off to space like they sometimes do) can point an emitter at them and anyone else can sweet-talk an authorized person into opening them.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #11740

Yeah, but ever since the crate nerf went through it's a lot harder to open locked crates en masse. If you're doing more than one crate, you need an emag or multiple emitters. Even one crate with one emitter takes a good five minutes. Assuming you're not Cargo personnel, that means you have to have the order approved which requires Cargo Bay access, ordered, transported (Again, assuming not cargo) to wherever you're going to open it, then finally you emitter it for five minutes.

Breaking open crates is stupid hard these days.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #11778

One crate's usually all you need.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #11794

Psyentific wrote:Breaking open crates is stupid hard these days.
And who do we have to blame for this?

(if your answer is anything other than 'people taking the piss', you're part of the problem)
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #11798

Malkevin I think we all know that Psy is part of the problem given that he used to run guncargo every round.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Apsis

Post by Apsis » #11803

Buddy up with the HoP if you can. It works once he/she realizes the power of it. Blasting open crates is for savages (unless it's a station wide nanotrasen approved emergency of course).
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #11805

Malkevin wrote:
Psyentific wrote:Breaking open crates is stupid hard these days.
And who do we have to blame for this?
(if your answer is anything other than 'people taking the piss', you're part of the problem)
You, for getting pissy that a QM lased you for fucking with the AI upload? 'I ded pls nerf'?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #11807

Seeing Cargo Techs running around with Ablative Vests a armoury's worth of weapons got old really, really fast. Not to mention they had/have a redneck approach to their possession of their illegal firearms.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #11921

Oh yeah psy cargo basically being nuke ops light and killing people in a literal mob to "protect" their empty soulless department at the behest of their garbage pseudo head was real fantastic game play.

There are a lot of really bad hops out there that can open crates mad easily, maybe you can find one on your level.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #11984

I never said it wasn't a needed change. I said "i ded pls nerf" is never a good reason to make a change.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #12037

I never died to gun cargo.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #12058

I dunno Psy, when a ton of people are saying "i ded pls nerf" that sounds more like a needed balance change to me.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #14451

cargo having literally all the guns isn't really an intended design feature of the game in the first place, and could only be done if you had the bartender's shotgun most of the time, which allowed non-traitors to arm up which is a really fucking gay thing when you think about it. It also lead to security having to storm cargo and seize the weapons of non-antagonists by force because they wouldn't give them up. It was completely shitty behavior from the cargo players.

It's returned in a small way on ntstation but it isn't half as bad as lol free 999 eguns and a-vests at roundstart!!!
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.