Appeals which have been closed.
Lemondo
Byond Username: Lemonlord

[Saegrimr] Lemonlord - Game ban

Post by Lemondo » #123235

Byond account and character name: Lemonlord/Jiron Amos
Banning admin: Saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Game Ban
Ban reason and length: Banned for 1440 minutes - Murdered a player for looting his corpse by harm baton them after already stunning and cuffing them.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 8:20 PM PST roughly
Your side of the story: Thought I might as well give this ban appeal thing a try. I was playing detective when I found a dude greytiding and assaulting another crewmember, I apprehended him and took him back to the brig at which point I got door charged. Some guy in assistant garb popped out and put a bullet in me and the guy I was dragging , probably to make sure we would stay down and then chased after someone else. Moments later the guy who I beat to death later in this story wanders up, sees me battered and bloody with another guy next to me in the same condition and loots me. Then after taking my stuff wanders off and doesn't even have the decency to take me to medbay to get defibbed/cloned. A minute or two after I died the mime found me and took me to medbay at which point I got cloned. After I get cloned and my mannitol and whatnot I wandered over to sec to get some new gear to find it had been bombed and there wasn't much left except a gaping hole and an empty armory, the only thing I could manage to scrounge was a baton and a pair of cuffs. While patrolling I happened upon the guy who took my things. I stunned him, cuffed him and was dragging him, at which point I remembered that the brig was gone. At this point I dragged him to the dorms and beat him into crit (with the full intention of taking him to medbay afterwards) under the impression "we don't have a brig, whatever time he spends in the crit and in cryo will be his sentence for stealing from a dying officer and not even taking him to the medbay". While I was taking my stuff back he died and this was about when Saegrimr messaged me. While we were conversing I took him to medbay and tried to clone him, but it didn't seem like he wanted to re-enter his body. After explaining my side of the story Saegrimr told me I was in the wrong here and I got banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I totally respect Saegrimr sticking to the rules, but I don't feel I was wholly in the wrong here. It probably wasn't the best way to deal with it, but we didn't have a brig to keep him in and dragging him around until the shuttle docked would have been unwieldy. I felt he needed some sort of punishment for his conduct and that was the easiest. I know I probably wasn't following the rules to a T, but I thought I might as well try a ban appeal. If someone comes and says I was clearly in the wrong after seeing my side of the story and my reasoning I will kindly fuck off and play something else until tomorrow.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: [Saegrimr] Lemonlord - Game ban

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #123244

Not having a brig does not equate to you being able to murder someone for theft, you could have just bucklecuffed them in a dorm room if you wanted to give them an equal sentence.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #123251

My problem here is you first stunned him, then cuffed him, and pulled him into a dorm. THEN you started beating him with the stun baton. By the time I PMed you he was -180 and even if you had rushed straight to medical he was dead. Why would you need to crit him and bring him to medical? He was already completely subdued.

You had him cuffed. You were fully able to get your coat and whatever else he took back.
I don't remember the condition the brig was in during the round, so I can't really comment about that portion.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Lemondo
Byond Username: Lemonlord

Post by Lemondo » #123254

Alrighty dude, I get what you are saying now. See ya'll at 8:30 tomorrow.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #123282

Were you in crit when he looted you, or actually dead? Chasing down a guy that did something to your corpse while you were dead is kiiiinda iffy if he wasn't literally flaunting "I'VE GOT LEMON'S STUFF" on comms.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #123305

Crit, from what I understand. I'd would be pretty suspect of that too, but the guy was wearing the detective coat and hat that he stole, which is a pretty easy giveaway.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #123347

Ah, yeah. Not exactly hard to put two and two together when the thief's literally wearing your clothing.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #123587

An0n3 Amendment: Wouldn't someone (I'm assuming non-antag) looting, possibly graytiding and then ahelping when he gets dunked qualify as banbaiting?
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #123594

I would have thought so.

Pretty sure stealing a load of shit from Security would usually get you thrown in Perma. Considering the state of the station at that time putting a bullet in him and tossing him out the airlock isn't an entirely unreasonable response.

Act like antag etc etc.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #123619

There's no escalation, no fighting, nothing. He was detained and then murdered while helpless. For a backpack, a coat, and a hat
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #123790

The coat and the hat are as armored as sec armor, and since detectives usually have their revolvers either in their coat or their bag, one way or another, he stole it, so he likely took his revolver and was thus armed.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #123799

Already stunned and cuffed, dragged into dorms, and murdered. Please keep up.