Tabletop General

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Tabletop General

Post by EndgamerAzari » #74953

Since the board game thread I started got wiped, I figured I'd start another thread for me to talk to myself in. Board games, wargames, TTRPG stuff goes here.

I'm driving back to my old stomping grounds of Akron this weekend for a Used Game Flea Market at one of my favorite stores. I look forward to this more than my birthday. I get paid Friday and a big chunk of it will be gone by noon on Sunday. GOTTA BUY MORE STUFF I'LL NEVER PLAY
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
EndgamerAzari

Re: Tabletop General

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76117

Here's the stuff I picked up at the aforementioned flea market:

Not a huge haul, but three big-name games and a couple small ones for a little over the price a brand-new copy of Small World was a pretty good deal.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #76206

I played a game called Cosmic Encounters a few weeks back. Some kind of strategy/political/space game. It's fun, but I feel like you gotta be a bit of a sociopath to play it, playing mind games with fools, making promises you know you're going to break next turn, all that backstabbing. Yeah I'd play it again.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76265

I've heard Cosmic Encounters is great, though I haven't played it or even really seen it played.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76431

How do you like the card based / card only games? I have never really been much of a fan beyond actual card games like poker and euchre and stuff, i like to have a board and pieces and shit.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76432

I'm a big fan of deck-building games, and the game I'm working on is actually completely card-based. One of my favorite games, Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards, is pretty much entirely card-based save for score-keeping pieces. It's hilarious, fast, and easy to teach.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #76499

How do you even manage to find people for table top gaems? If I ask someone, if he wants to do this kind of stuff, this person always tells, that he prefers bars, and tabletop is for children ;-;7
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76506

I mostly just play with my friends, but a lot of medium-sized cities will probably have at least one big gaming club that meets regularly. Try MeetUp.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #123174

M-M-M-MEGA NECRO

KINGDOM DEATH

HOLY SHIT

THIS GAME IS SO GODDAMN BRUTAL AND YET I STILL DIDN'T HATE MYSELF WHEN THE ENTIRE PARTY GOT EATEN BY A LION DUE TO SHITTY ROLLS

IT'S GOOD
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #123207

Isn't that the game where Satan wears a dress made out of tongues and sandals and gauntlets made out of penises?
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #123224

Maccus wrote:Isn't that the game where Satan wears a dress made out of tongues and sandals and gauntlets made out of penises?
Yes.

Also one of our players ripped the balls off a giant lion and then it went berserk and bit my head clean off.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #123482

Really wish there was a good way to play Necromunda online, i have never played the game but i feel like a /tg/ Necromunda league would be amazing. I was thinking maybe one of those programs that people use to play warhammer 40k online but Necromunda needs so much terrain and levels that i do not think it would work well
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #123490

I would play in a legit blood bowl league where we actually had prizes for the league champ and everything.

I'd even go so far as to learn to play the tabletop version.
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #123513

EndgamerAzari wrote:M-M-M-MEGA NECRO

KINGDOM DEATH

HOLY SHIT

THIS GAME IS SO GODDAMN BRUTAL AND YET I STILL DIDN'T HATE MYSELF WHEN THE ENTIRE PARTY GOT EATEN BY A LION DUE TO SHITTY ROLLS

IT'S GOOD
I want to play this

But at >$300+ for a set I'm not springing for it any time soon.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #124230

There's a mod of it for Tabletop Simulator: http://kdmtts.tumblr.com/post/130729566 ... -available
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #124337

whats a good fun online card game that's not pay 2 win? preferably skill/strategy based but im open to anything. cards against humanity isnt really a card game per se, i've heard somewhat good things about mafia but idk if thats one ither

teach me sensei
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #124446

I've heard good things about Hearthstone
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #124583

Hearthstone is all the degeneracy of Magic the Gathering combined with the unrelenting malaise of a free-to-play game.

If you want to play a card-game online go learn to play Netrunner and play it on OCTGN. If you're down I'll even figure out how to get that shit working and play it with you. I could use the practice, and it's totally fuckin' free.

The last boardgame I played that really made me stop and say "Wow I am enjoying the shit out of this!" was Roll for the Galaxy. Worker-placement game with fun dice mechanics. The last game I played that I thought "Wow this should be a lot better!" was Vikings, a resource-management that was way too fucking random and a hot mess. Somewhere after that I played March of the Ants and it was like a game I couldn't decide if it was just not good or maybe it was actually me not totally getting it.

My friends keep pushing Takenoko on me and I'm just not liking it at all. It's made by a French guy who can't stop making weirdly Asian influenced board games and it makes me giggle. The thought of a French weeaboo is funny to me. He also made Tokaido, Hanabi, and Samurai Spirit. MON DIEU ZIS ANIMES ET KAWAII AS FUCK
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #124652

French weeaboos are also known as ouiaboos

but hey, the French are not half bad at making faux anime:

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #124675

Last game that I played and really loved was called haunt at the house on the hill. Players explore a spoopy haunted house, and you build the house from tiles as you explore it. Eventually an event will trigger "the haunt" and the haunt is a different scenario based on what triggers it and what room it is triggered in, so there is something insane like 50 scenarios. Anyways once the haunt is triggered bad stuff starts to happen, and usually one or more players become antagonists and have to stop their friends from beating the ghost or whatever, usually by killing them. Really fun game
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #124686

Betrayal at the House on the Hill is a Halloween standby for my group of friends. It's not a party until somebody gets beaten to death by a toddler or something equally bizarre.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #124688

Thats what it was called. First time we played everyone got shrekt by werewolves, second time i was the really speedy guy and it was some asshole ghost who played the fiddle, I had a holy symbol so i kinda just sprinted around styling on him till he died. 9/10 would play repeatedly.

I really just love games where you build the dungeon with tiles. Not sure who is familiar with the webcomic Order of the Stick but they have a boardgame that is like a dungeon crawler built in a similar way and it is awesome
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #124695

In Betrayal, you know how there are some rooms where, if you end your turn in them, you get a stat boost? Well, the first edition of the game didn't have the explicit statement that you could only benefit from that once. I was the traitor--some cannibal serial killer or something--and I got my ass kicked because one of the players was camping the larder, which gives you +1 strength or might or whatever it's called. I got torn in half by a 500 lbs. 9-year-old girl.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #124702

Jesus, that is more terrifying than a serial killer
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #124710

EndgamerAzari wrote:a 500 lbs. 9-year-old girl.

(watch arakawa under the bridge)
Last edited by Ricotez on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #124712

Ahahahaha Jesus Christ
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #124825

Betrayal at House on the Hill is a classic. There are a few different editions of it released over the years.

I was working on a sort of hybrid game between Betrayal and SS13 for a while before life happened and I moved on to other shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #125108

I did it. I actually fucking did it.
Spoiler:
My playtest of Illegal Aliens, my quick, in-between-bigger games card game, is able to be played online! I know it's not much, but it feels like an accomplishment.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #125154

Is tabletop simulator worth getting? It looks fun
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #125339

My friend's kickstarter didn't make it. It sucks because he's a really nice dude and pretty smart when it comes to board games.

Working on our show together is weird, because we both are at opposites ends of the spectrum. I judge things a lot based on how much fun they are, how colorful and imaginative the pieces, parts, and mechanics are.
He's very into the mechanics and math and how the systems evoke a setting. The meta.

What makes it weird is that our systems for evaluating games are about as different as could be but we often agree on things when the other half of the panel doesn't. Our overall taste in stuff is often pretty similar.

ANYWAY

Played more netrunner tonight with my bro's. The more I play it the more and more I love it. All the interactions inside of a deck and between decks are just so cool. There is so much awesome "WOW I DIDNT KNOW THIS COULD WORK OFF OF THAT" type stuff happening all the time in that game. Each matchup is so unique. There's so much variety here. It's incredibly rare for you to just shut someone right out. I thought I had all my shit locked down as the Corp during one game but in the end it all hinged on a single decision I made. I had two agendas in hand, one 3 point and one 2 point. I only needed 2 points to win, my opponent needed 3. I decided that the 3 point agenda would be safer on the board even though my HQ was locked up tight by ICE I knew he couldn't penetrate. I just had a hunch, so I installed the 3 pointer in a safe remote that the runner hadn't checked yet (and I hadn't rezzed any ICE on yet). My opponent had already hit me with three Blackmail that game so I was pretty sure he couldn't just bypass all the shit for an easy steal. I advanced it to 2 (needed 5 to score it) and passed.

I had fuckin' called it. My opponent played an event to throw a Bad Publicity at me, which triggered a resource he had causing him to access a random card in HQ. He pulled the two point agenda, putting him at 6.
On my turn I advanced the agenda to 5 and scored it for the win.

Watched some other bro's play Mysterium, it looked pretty awesome. Played Kingdom Death Monster last night with Azari, that was pretty cool.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #125425

Wyzack wrote:Is tabletop simulator worth getting? It looks fun
It's basically a specialized physics simulator. It takes some getting used to, but it provides a very flexible medium for board and card games.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #126577

The Game of Thrones LCG just got reissued and I'm tempted to pick it up.

Anyone have any experience with it?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #126578

Who twilight imperium here?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #126579

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Who twilight imperium here?
AYYY Nekro Virus here

Yeah have that senate meeting this will be great

Yeah we'll send a delegate

No it's not just a giant nuclear bomb we drew a smiley face on
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126599

Always wanted to play it, but my friends are intimidated by the gigantic fucking box and huge pricetag
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #126805

Endless Space is a pretty good facsimile of a lot of the same concepts executed in a much more playable manner. My whole group of friends who I used to play with have since migrated to playing a big game of Endless Space whenever the bug bites.

Twilight Imperium is a really good game in and of itself, but the problem with it is that it takes fucking all day to play when you've got a full table of people and you're playing with all the stuff. And inevitably, people are going to become upset when you start backstabbing eachother and invading eachother late-game. Nobody likes watching something they spent the last 6 hours build up get invaded by their one neighbor, then their other neighbor turns around and backstabs them for the rest of their stuff because their defenses are down.

It's a great game that turns out to be no-fun to play for a lot of people. By the time the game is over everyone is fucking exhausted and at least one person is upset about something.

Honestly it's a lot like SS13. It sounds great on paper and the beginning is usually pretty good but it quickly spirals into everyone being mad at eachother over a game and very few people get the "spirit" of the game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #150167

Necro

Because this happened in Shadowrun I was running

XSI (GM): Well
XSI (GM): You only need one success
XSI (GM): So
Tyrian: roll it
XSI (GM): The chance of failing that is about as high as being hit by a random asteroid
The Slamurai: rolling 10d6>5 (3+1+1+1+1+1+3+2+1+1) = 0 Successes
The Slamurai: I
XSI (GM): ..Roll it, if you crit glitch, the asteroid happ-

At some point, rocks will fall
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #150169

XSI wrote:Necro

Because this happened in Shadowrun I was running

XSI (GM): Well
XSI (GM): You only need one success
XSI (GM): So
Tyrian: roll it
XSI (GM): The chance of failing that is about as high as being hit by a random asteroid
The Slamurai: rolling 10d6>5 (3+1+1+1+1+1+3+2+1+1) = 0 Successes
The Slamurai: I
XSI (GM): ..Roll it, if you crit glitch, the asteroid happ-

At some point, rocks will fall
That poor bastard, what happened afterwards?
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #150179

http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discuss ... rowed-time

Link may be related
An ingame news article reported an asteroid on collision course with the planet in a few months
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #150184

I got a story.

So the setting we're in is a heavily modified version of 5e, and is themed after Dark Souls. We're fighting a boss, a giant sorcerer chick, and have her down to about 1/4th health. She's been throwing spells out like a motherfucker, but at low health she throws a curve ball-- a self AOE spell that reduces everyone's speed to only one square per turn, two if you dash. She ran away before casting, so suddenly I, the barbarian, can't get up in her face and wreck her shit. So, I tell the caster guy that was a little closer than me to get on his hands and knees so I can jump off of him and smack the boss in her face. GM tells us to roll. We get over twenties.

I jump through the air, hurricane spin, and crit the boss.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #150263

There was that one time on Bay I headshot a nazi officer while one of our brutes tossed a stick of dynamite at him that ended up being caught by our diplomancer; the nazi shrugged it off until I helped our medic pin a hand grenade to his forehead with a bow and arrow.

He ended up losing a hand and eye and running away at a SPEEDY GONZALES pace because our GM didn't want to lose his final boss.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #150305

I just picked up Clocwork Dominion to play with some friends- it's steampunk with Fullmetal Alchemist and Warhammer Fantasy swirled in. It's fun!

Also, I accidentally made a dragon.

See- Clockwork Dominion has rules for Experimental Biology, IE, taking a living creature such as an adorable puppy (or, in this case, a hunting hound) and performing highly invasive xenotransplantion surgeries until you have a creature that's basically unrecognizable.

So I wanted a creature for combat. First thing I did was give some nice, thick armor, and make it smart (actually quite easy- making it talk is hard, or at least involves finding a human mouth-and-vocal-chords donor, though). It needed to be fairly large to support all the armor, so I did that. I figured "Hm, flying's pretty cheap, I guess I'll give it that ability", and "Hang on, if I teach it magic, it can help out with my sorcerous rituals." Perfect! Wait, shit, it's heavily armored, flying, has a deadly bite, is intelligent and knows magic. Whoops, I made a dragon.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #150306

I play Twilight Imperium + expansions with friends every month or so.

It's tons of great fun and we play over the weekend borrowing one of my company's meeting rooms so the setting is extra cool.

The people I play with are absolutely vicious players. We exchange phone numbers so we can discreetly message each other during the game, and I love how at the end of every round when we take a brief break some people leave the room together for secret meetings, only for one of them to backstab the others later on.

Naalu are my current favourite race to play as. They're such dicks with their racial techs and instant retreats and I have a huge hardon for fighter deathballs.

Things that consistently ruin games:
-the oddjob race of twilight imperium aka the spy race that can skip turns
-the Public Execution political card that is guaranteed to ruin someone's day and cause massive amount of drama

We can only play this game once a month because it does exhaust everyone by the end of the day. But we're always eager to play more once we've had a break. We' ve played this so much that some cards like Mecatol Rex's planet card has fuzzy edges from wear and tear.

I also really enjoy some of the micro games like love letter, coup, and resistance
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #150368

If only tgstation games didn't fall apart so quickly due to players or GMs flaking hard
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #150403

The last three games I was in were great (Star Wars Sagas and Pokémon Tabletop United), but the GM shut them down because reasons. I might run one of my own soon-ish; d20 expanded Microlite (so it's really just trimmed-down 5e), but the hard part is thinking of some good quests to start the party off.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #150590

I got Dead of Winter for Christmas and picked up Doomtown Reloaded this weekend.

Never played either of 'em, but heard nothing but good things, and that's the only reason I need.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #150602

Dead of winter is fun, it's hard as shit (one in twelve chance of instant death anytime you travel) has a ton of characters, and is cooperative with some battlestar galactica style betrayal stuff. I like it
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #150648

who zombiecide here
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #150656

Maccus wrote:who zombiecide here
Another one in the "own but have never played" column.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #150662

Maccus wrote:who zombiecide here
My friends played it, they seemed to have liked it but they only played it once. So maybe they didn't like it too much.

Playing the FFG Star Wars RPG with some friends. I play an assassin droid masquerading as a protocol droid (WOAH SO ORIGINAL!). In character the other players only see me as some useless chef droid that can't even cook; out of character they know I can end any of them an in instant.