Metal Gear Hackfraud V: The Phantom Content

Talk about video games here
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Metal Gear Hackfraud V: The Phantom Content

Post by Saegrimr » #119923

Bottom post of the previous page:

Not sure, the guys i've been supporting are usually offline so it probably does a hierarchy thing where owner gets a notice first, then supporters.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #119945

>send quiet to scout a base.
>she triggers a whole fucking line of claymores and alerts everybody.

Well that was fucking dumb.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #119955

did you tell her to be quiet
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #120263

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Oblivion: 2015 edition
Last edited by Takeguru on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #120269

Except you had stuff to do in Oblivion.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #120284

Horses could also fight in Oblivion. Can they do that in Mgees?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #120343

He can poop on the road
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #120345

At least MGO will be fun.
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #120401

Ahh fuck it. I can't wait any longer. Gonna pirate this shit, and buy wit when it gets cheaper.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #120520

I trampled a puppy with a horse then a ballooned it away. Now it's missing an eye.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #120531

Lumbermancer wrote:I trampled a puppy with a horse then a ballooned it away. Now it's missing an eye.
I did the exact same thing, I was speeding along the afghan countryside on my horse when I heard an "ARF" and Kaz have me a "Boss, what the fuck?", turns out I'd hit a dog :(
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #120534

Takeguru wrote:AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Oblivion: 2015 edition
Makes me want to put the fulton chord around my own neck and hang myself with a fucking balloon.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #120541

d-dog loses an eye no matter what you do.
it's so he looks like bigGU BOSSU or something.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #120549

One time I was hiding behind a couch in that one horrible Afghan fort. Was *this* close to getting caught. Three guys searching the room and didn't bother to look behind the couch, thank Big Boss in Outer Heaven!

Then D-Dog decides to be a dick and pushes one of the guards, repeatedly, to the point where I'm in his field of view.

D-Dog I love you but you gotta stop doing this wild-card bull.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #120551

After you max out d-dog's friendship level you can reskin him and give him a fake eye so it looks normal.

Also finally unlocked and researched the infinity bandanna and infinite suppressor pistol. HA HA, TIME FOR EASY MODE!

Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #120794

IF you keep in mind that MGSV is just Desert Punk the video game, you'll have a lot more fun.
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #120796

I'm having fun playing it like Thief, I try not to use guns at all. Even during reflex, I usually try to sprint up to foe and fucking him up fisticuffs instead of shooting him.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #121246

When does the FOB nonsense begin, when you play online?
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #121250

IIRC it's in the mid 20s episodes
linelynnline
Byond Username: Ames

Post by linelynnline » #121256

I hope yall found the DLC unlocker mod. Literally a mod that makes the DLC appear. Apparently it also unlocks the console DLC on PC too, which corrupts your save if you use it, because yanno just because.

Also the grind in this game sucks. I have no shame in admitting that I gave myself unlimited GMP and resources. Made the game much better. I can now play with all the toys and not have to worry about the shitty meta game. Want to call in an airstrike - don't need to worry about having to grind out for gmp later.

It's just made the game a whole lot more fun.
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #121333

I haven't played it for over a week or so.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #121335

linelynnline wrote: don't need to worry about having to grind out for gmp later.

I don't think I ever had to grind for gmp, I just sell off my excess resources. I have a crap ton of 'Biological Material' and I can just sell some of that and get the max amount of possible gmp.

But I never sell my fuel resources, that's just insanity!
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #121943

My friend posted about this just an hour ago and this happens. This fanbase can really be the worst sometimes.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #121945

Wow that went from "I never actually played to game to see the explanation it gave for the outfit" to full on fedora tipping in record time.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #121946

I haven't seen a fedora tip so hard since that video of the kid rambling about his "intellectual intelligence"
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #121947

I honestly wonder which is more fucked up

Metal Gear Solid 4's scramble to try to explain every single loose end via nanomachines or IT WAS ALL PART OF THE PLAN TO QUADRUPLE CROSS THESE AI's

Or MGS3/PW/PP's idolization of The Boss as the single savior of humanity Jesus figure this is why we started all this bullshit in the first place.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
LA MAYONESA
Byond Username: LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #122115

[imgfit]https://a.pomf.cat/swzvus.PNG[/imgfit]

fix imgfit faggots
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #122155

LA MAYONESA wrote:fix imgfit faggots
imgfit was from ss13.eu
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
LA MAYONESA
Byond Username: LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #122253

Ricotez wrote:
LA MAYONESA wrote:fix imgfit faggots
imgfit was from ss13.eu
well when you go to www.ss13.eu it brings you here. Checkmate atheists

it should really be added in though
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #122377

Ok, I finally bought the game. Now I'm replaying the first 7 hours again because fuck it.

This is music blaring from me choppa's speakers, I also made appropriate insignia. Shame you can't just type shit in. How do I add you liggas to my team so you will defend the T Snake base when the time comes?
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #122398

You search the random supporter list until you find someone you know/like in it.
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #122400

That sucks, I need help. They are already sabotaging my refinery. With suicide dolphins or something.
Spoiler:
Are the names in supporter list Steam names, or avatar names?
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #122660

An0n3 wrote:I honestly wonder which is more fucked up

Metal Gear Solid 4's scramble to try to explain every single loose end via nanomachines or IT WAS ALL PART OF THE PLAN TO QUADRUPLE CROSS THESE AI's

Or MGS3/PW/PP's idolization of The Boss as the single savior of humanity Jesus figure this is why we started all this bullshit in the first place.
There was literally nothing wrong with the quadruple cross.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #122821

Spoiler:
[youtube]AXxjruI4cEo[/youtube]
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #123184

K. I unlocked FOB's. If I understand correctly, if the attacker succeeds in infiltrating my FOB, he will get: A) My unrefined shit B) Security Team he fultons C) All the Security Team + Someone from Motherbase if he manages to get to control room. Right?
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #123746

Not all of the security team, oh god no. The only security team members he gets are the ones he personally fultons, unless he's attacking a combat platform. The MB staff he gets if he reaches the central platform is decided by what platform he hits. Command can pull from all teams though.
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #124556

So has anyone here played MGO yet? I love how the tutorial says that Infiltrator is for experienced players when the class is basically easymode so far.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
EasX
Byond Username: EasX

Post by EasX » #125279

Mister_Doc wrote:So has anyone here played MGO yet? I love how the tutorial says that Infiltrator is for experienced players when the class is basically easymode so far.

Only managed to play it at my friend's house because I'm on PC. Little disappointed with the small amount of cosmetic items, but playing as Ocelot is fun.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #353977

Thread necro because it's better than making a new thread.

With George Lucas out of the picture and working on his next big project (which I'm interested to see how it turns out), every single mention of the next Star Wars has been bombarded by people saying that it's terrible. Not that it WILL be terrible, that it IS terrible. Because these people all have time machines.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a co-op Metal Gear game with MGSV gameplay. Am I alone in this?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #353981

AnonymousNow wrote:Thread necro because it's better than making a new thread.

With George Lucas out of the picture and working on his next big project (which I'm interested to see how it turns out), every single mention of the next Star Wars has been bombarded by people saying that it's terrible. Not that it WILL be terrible, that it IS terrible. Because these people all have time machines.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a co-op Metal Gear game with MGSV gameplay. Am I alone in this?
Did you make this post intentionally?
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #353993

cedarbridge wrote: Did you make this post intentionally?
Yes. Is there an issue?

I should point out that I've been replaying MGSV recently. Only in the last few days did I realise that the legendary animals sideops missions unlocked things like the Wormhole and Hand of Jehuty - I've been sort of ignoring them for a while.

Now I can steal all them cargo containers without issue.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #354011

i'm going to wait until mg survive releases but the idea of a coop game in the context of mgs5 gameplay sounds cool as fuck

also liked the building elements in that old trailer

so it's not going to be a game i know i'm going to buy day 1 or whatever but it has my attention
Limey wrote:its too late.