Minor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Minor Feedback

Post by Gun Hog » #115169

Bottom post of the previous page:

Allow us to remove Changeling organs via surgery as a way of stealing their powers! (As we can currently do with Xenos)
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #115192

Let's make it so you can brain swap with a ling to access the give mind!!!
In second thought let's not because that's what we agreed was a shitty exploit and banned Dante for.

Allow the captain to set an MOTD so that new arrivals can be informed of any goings on or gimmicks the captain is running
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #115196

Malkevin wrote:Allow the captain to set an MOTD so that new arrivals can be informed of any goings on or gimmicks the captain is running
Captains can do this with the automated thingo that announces what crew arrive at the station although he probably needs to know how to use NTSL to do it.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #115202

Orly

I should really learn ntl, it's embarrassing that a former coder doesn't know how to replace every word with honk

Edit: hang on, wouldn't that display the message to everyone, every time someone arrives. That would get annoying fast, unless there's a way to pda the message to the individual?
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #115228

i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure NTSL and the PDA messaging servers are two different things. as far as i know there's no way to automatically PDA anyone- you can set up fake messages using the server but i've never seen automated messaging.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #115244

newfren wrote:
Malkevin wrote:Allow the captain to set an MOTD so that new arrivals can be informed of any goings on or gimmicks the captain is running
Captains can do this with the automated thingo that announces what crew arrive at the station although he probably needs to know how to use NTSL to do it.
The automated announcer allows for easy configuration of the arrival message. NTSL is not required, although I have done this quite often as AI using NTSL before the machine was added.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #116679

An issue with wording and policy - I was, today, as a human cultist, accosted and dragged to Nar-Sie by a harvester. The wording is unclear, but the opening prompt for a harvester could either be read as retrieving "all living creatures" (which doesn't make much sense, but the harvester was happily acting on because he could, ignoring the non-cultists around me) or "non-cultists" (which is how I've always looked at it).

Yes, Nar-Sie is a round-ender, but it really, really doesn't make sense that harvesters would turn on their own faction - even constructs, by what I've been told. Interestingly, a group of harvesters was stuck in robotics, pounding one window to escape when a human would've been able to let them out in seconds.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #116693

If you're stuck as a harvester, just ghost and go back to nar nar and click on him.

It'll respawn you.

Works for any ghosts, too. Some people still aren't aware
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #117605

Footprints are absolutely EVERYWHERE. WAY too prevalent.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #117797

AnonymousNow wrote:Footprints are absolutely EVERYWHERE. WAY too prevalent.
I agree, they would be better if they lasted for a much shorter amount of tiles from the source. 4, maybe?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #117808

Foot prints have the exact same issue as dirt station. It just gets fucking everywhere, and looks ugly as fuck.
Yes in some rare situation bloody print could help you track a murderer or some shit.

But most of the time you just end up with 50,000 footprints everywhere and you can't see shit.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #117813

Don't get the point of bloody foot prints.

We already have blood trails from dragging bodies... which are also completely useless because 10 minutes in the floors have reached saturation point.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #118012

PAI doorjacks are functionally useless; they need to be upgraded, ideally.

In fact, a PAI overhaul which gives them a list of neat features would be cool.

EDIT: Can we also fix cyborg super-stun, please? A flash shouldn't be able to disable a cyborg for 20 seconds, including blinding, from two tiles away. Thanks.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #121718

Feature request - simple animal HUDs, for life and verbs unique to that creature.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #121908

A couple of things:

Botany got it's third equipment locker replaced with a clothing locker a while back - while it's nice that all that extra shit is out of the equipment lockers, there are 3 botanist slots at roundstart and as it is now, one of those three will have to walk to the public garden to get the tools they need to actually do their job.

The cure for most simple viruses has been changed from nutriment to salt - while this is great for kitchen/viro relations, there's now nothing to cure those viruses in virology, whereas before there was the donk pockets in the break room. It would be great if there was like... a beaker of salt or something somewhere.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #121932

If you managed to infect yourself with a disease in virology that actually hurts you then you're doing it wrong.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #121933

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Well the Queen is empowered by God so I suppose getting her blessing could technically be called God's blessing too

Back on topic: Could anything be done about laser pointer's hit rate? I mean, I know they're essentially ranged flashes but the success rate of a hit seems really weird. Like, I could be standing right next to someone and expend an entire charge trying to point it in their eyes and miss every single time, yet I could get lucky and blind somebody on the very edge of the screen on the first try.

Granted you don't want to make them too powerful but, correct me if I'm wrong, but only 2 jobs actually get laser pointers and they can't be found/made on the station. Plus it let's the Librarian be the hero we all deserve when the borgs go nuts and start going wild and unlikely heroism is what /tg/station is all about.
you can get laser pointers from mining vendors with your mining points

also could you make it so you can't waste charges by pointing at the floor, that shit's annoying. at least when you miss with guns the bullet keeps travelling and can still hit, but laser pointers have almost no cooldown and no actual projectile, meaning you can just poop away all your charges in an instant on accident
But if you can't aim at surfaces you can't use it for its main purpose and having it only loss charge when used on something ruins my inversions.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #121937

AnonymousNow wrote:PAI doorjacks are functionally useless; they need to be upgraded, ideally.

In fact, a PAI overhaul which gives them a list of neat features would be cool.

EDIT: Can we also fix cyborg super-stun, please? A flash shouldn't be able to disable a cyborg for 20 seconds, including blinding, from two tiles away. Thanks.
Pause should be first and foremost a friend for the lonely spaceman

There perfect as they are now (well they need the ability to sign up as one in advance but that's not so much an in game issue) they could have more features yes but they need to be along the same lines as what we have already.
blobbernaut
Byond Username: Blobbernaut

Post by blobbernaut » #123676

spear embedding.

60 damage, huge bleed, can't remove it yourself, you're just dead. Why not just change the embed chance to kill the person instead, because that's basically what it does.

Think about it, it's not a javelin, it's not balanced for throwing. It's a metal rod with a piece of glass tied to it, being able to throw it 1) In a straight, aerodynamic path and 2) with enough force to completely lodge itself inside somebody, is stupid as hell and only remotely likely if the person has an Olympic medal in javelin throwing
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #123679

pAI are pretty weak right now, i think giving them all of the possible abilities with maybe the exception of the HUDS withut needing to choose would make them better but not OP. However i think this has been suggested a hundred times
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #123686

Adminhelp response rate is pathetic. The server could have four, even six admins on it without even so much as an acknowledgement from the admins involved.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #123779

blobbernaut wrote:spear embedding.

60 damage, huge bleed, can't remove it yourself, you're just dead. Why not just change the embed chance to kill the person instead, because that's basically what it does.

Think about it, it's not a javelin, it's not balanced for throwing. It's a metal rod with a piece of glass tied to it, being able to throw it 1) In a straight, aerodynamic path and 2) with enough force to completely lodge itself inside somebody, is stupid as hell and only remotely likely if the person has an Olympic medal in javelin throwing

You can take it out but it does some damage to you. Click on yourself with help intent, then click on the underlined line saying where it imbedded into you. Once it's out, or before, gtfo to the medbay, because I'm not sure if taking it out makes you bleed even more.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #123854

AnonymousNow wrote:Adminhelp response rate is pathetic. The server could have four, even six admins on it without even so much as an acknowledgement from the admins involved.
i have not had any problems with ahelps being ignored mesages to the syndicate have a pitiful response rate though.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #123969

Zilenan91 wrote:
blobbernaut wrote:spear embedding.

You can take it out but it does some damage to you. Click on yourself with help intent, then click on the underlined line saying where it imbedded into you. Once it's out, or before, gtfo to the medbay, because I'm not sure if taking it out makes you bleed even more.
Taking it out just deals brute dam, as does leaving it in (although leaving it in deals more over time)
HOWEVER, when bleeding code notices embedded items, it increase the amount of bleeding, which makes embedded items cause you to bleed, if the item isn't in you anymore, blood code doesn't find it and thus no extra blood, you'll only blood for the reasons you were before/stop bleeding.
私は完璧
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #124073

Uhh... thats not how things should work.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #124137

That's some really strange code. Huh. Guess I was right with taking it out immediately.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #124404

Malkevin wrote:Uhh... thats not how things should work.
Blood loss is recalculated for every drip, without leaving some kind of permanent wound system, there's no way to keep the blood flowing.
Hence "remove item = remove bloodloss", the idea is having it in you has it coming along for the ride shaking around in your body stabbing and cutting new pieces.
私は完璧
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #124408

For the record I also think how blood loss recalculates every tick is dumb and it was the determining feature that made me give up on reimplimenting risky self surgery, because it was either "lose a ton of blood every time you make a mistake but no bleeding over time" or "starting a surgery starts blood loss that can't be stopped by any means except finishing the surgery".
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #124522

What if you could cauterise while doing the surgery to stop bleeding? Like with a cautery or a lighter?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #125437

The pinpointer should point to the Wizard's phylactery if it exists.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #126120

Store the jetpacks in separate rooms to each other. As is a traitor breaks in takes one chucks the other out an airlock and becomes the certified space god.

It is like if we still had cloakers and had them laying in an unmanned room just sitting right next to each other how has this stayed this way for so long?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #126129

The alternative is to make Jetpack more accessible to people that need them.

The Captain already spawns with one in his quarters, perhaps look to giving Security a single Sec Jetpack for their own use as well?

Better than removing them or remapping EVA to be a mini-armoury.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #126130

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Engineering Hardsuits already have inbuilt Jetpacks? So its not as stretch to grant a physical pack to Sec.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #126236

Wait, did Steelpoint just go from "jetpack storage is a bit pants" to "we could give security a jetpack"?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #126243

He's got a bad case of sec bias, that's well known.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #126248

I'm still fucking disgusted that such a high value spends half the time being thrown away.

Even putting it in another of the rooms in eva would be an improvement.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #126261

You could give it to another head, CMO perhaps, because she has the suit with a lesser slowdown. That, or perhaps in the Command EVA storage room - that way one jetpack for general EVA, and one jetpack for any head to take should it be needed. Hardly anything stands in the way of an EVA intruder just breaking into that section as well, though.
SJ212
Byond Username: Seanjohn212

Post by SJ212 » #126291

Replace popup prompts with a chat prompt(eg posibrains) or a HUD based system. Irritating as shit to be typing something and all of a sudden YOU'RE THE HOLOPARASITE OF JOHN MCTATER or ERT.

Give golem runes a prompt or make it a preference. Irritating as shit to be following someone and all of a sudden YOU'RE THE ADAMANTINE GOLEM OF JOHN MCTATER.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #126307

SJ212 wrote:Replace popup prompts with a chat prompt(eg posibrains) or a HUD based system. Irritating as shit to be typing something and all of a sudden YOU'RE THE HOLOPARASITE OF JOHN MCTATER or ERT.

Give golem runes a prompt or make it a preference. Irritating as shit to be following someone and all of a sudden YOU'RE THE ADAMANTINE GOLEM OF JOHN MCTATER.
You have to hover on the rune for like half a second, and it lights up.

I spent half an hour teasing a xenobiologist by triggering runes and jumping away on lowpop
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #126364

Box needs more disposal units
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #126398

Takeguru wrote:He's got a bad case of sec bias, that's well known.
that is true but i agree that sec needs jetpacks i want epic space laser shootouts damit
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #126399

I was initially responding to the person before me who suggested that EVA Jetpacks be better secured so that it takes more effort to steal both of them than just one of them, I said that it would require a lot of remapping and effort just to secure two items.

Then I suggested that if there is a problem, which it can be, with antagonists ditching any excess Jetpacks and having control of the outside, then why not look to plopping down a single Sec Jetpack for Security to use. Contrary to some belief Security are the force who most needs tools to help track down and engage antagonists.

A Hardsuit is not worth much if the other guy can jetpack around in three dimensions and move faster than you.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #126407

what steel said
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #127753

Boxstation needs more disposals and mini needs more slime pens.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #127782

Steelpoint wrote:Contrary to some belief Security are the force who most needs tools to help track down and engage antagonists.
Contrary to some beliefs, the station isn't meant to be designed for the minority who consider this a game of cops and robbers.
Mime: Depresso
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #127821

I swear some people think of this game as a team of "good guys" (security) fighting a team of "bad guys" (antagonists ans assistants) while everyone else is just there to play the part of the bystanders to protect or terrorise.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #127824

invisty wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:Contrary to some belief Security are the force who most needs tools to help track down and engage antagonists.
Contrary to some beliefs, the station isn't meant to be designed for the minority who consider this a game of cops and robbers.
I'm stating that its Security's job to maintain order and law on the station. If you want to push some nonsense about antags versus security go ahead, but I'm just stating Security's job.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #127837

Jacquerel wrote:I swear some people think of this game as a team of "good guys" (security) fighting a team of "bad guys" (antagonists ans assistants) while everyone else is just there to play the part of the bystanders to protect or terrorise.
Are you saying this is not the case? People very quickly get bored when the antagonists die or take too long to do anything. Security is very much the Cop side of things, and will gladly go out of their way to stomp on anyone they think is a bad guy. Similarly, it seems that most unarmed crew are just loot sacks, converts, and kill counts to antagonists. What you have described is very much how things seem from an observer's point of view. Sec is there to defeat antags; they are not mall cops. Antags are there to cause chaos. If they fail to do so, the shuttle gets called or assistants and the clown take their place. I would not at all be surprised to think that dedicated Security/Antagonist players see everyone else as support or sources of increased power - because it really does look that way when playing as a ghost.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #127892

Its because non-sec's combat tools are pretty shit, gone are the days of quick tabling, quick choking, and stun gloves
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #127958

To me the only change sec absolutely needs is to have laser guns have more ammo.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #128232

Gun Hog wrote:
Jacquerel wrote:I swear some people think of this game as a team of "good guys" (security) fighting a team of "bad guys" (antagonists ans assistants) while everyone else is just there to play the part of the bystanders to protect or terrorise.
Are you saying this is not the case? People very quickly get bored when the antagonists die or take too long to do anything. Security is very much the Cop side of things, and will gladly go out of their way to stomp on anyone they think is a bad guy. Similarly, it seems that most unarmed crew are just loot sacks, converts, and kill counts to antagonists. What you have described is very much how things seem from an observer's point of view. Sec is there to defeat antags; they are not mall cops. Antags are there to cause chaos. If they fail to do so, the shuttle gets called or assistants and the clown take their place. I would not at all be surprised to think that dedicated Security/Antagonist players see everyone else as support or sources of increased power - because it really does look that way when playing as a ghost.
What do you do during extended?