Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
Malkevin

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Malkevin » #124678

Bottom post of the previous page:

ThanatosRa wrote:This is actually really selfish, but I hate when I start a round as a roboticist alone, and get a snowball of hate because I'm working too slow when Three dudes asking to be borged show up, the sec ask for a ED, THEN the RD Stomps in calling me incompetent because the first thing I did that round WASN'T making your god damned syringe guns FUCK OFF, WE'RE NOT EVEN 3 MINUTES IN AND I'M IN HERE ALONE HAVE SOME FUCKING PATIENCE OR USE THE MACHINE YOURSELF WHILE I ASSEMBLE THIS BORG AND GET YELLED AT BY THE STATION FOR NOT BEING A GOD DAMNED DJINN FULFILLING YOUR EVERY WISH.
Protip:
Set a borg going then debrain your entire queue.
If they start bitching at you being slow threaten to shove their brain back inside their lifeless body which you'll then toss down the trash chute.
Make sure you borg the quiet patient brain first.

Squeaky wheel does not get the grease.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #124692

ThanatosRa wrote:This is actually really selfish, but I hate when I start a round as a roboticist alone, and get a snowball of hate because I'm working too slow when Three dudes asking to be borged show up, the sec ask for a ED, THEN the RD Stomps in calling me incompetent because the first thing I did that round WASN'T making your god damned syringe guns FUCK OFF, WE'RE NOT EVEN 3 MINUTES IN AND I'M IN HERE ALONE HAVE SOME FUCKING PATIENCE OR USE THE MACHINE YOURSELF WHILE I ASSEMBLE THIS BORG AND GET YELLED AT BY THE STATION FOR NOT BEING A GOD DAMNED DJINN FULFILLING YOUR EVERY WISH.
Welcome to work IRL.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #124738

Honestly I understand both sides of the roboticist argument. I've had shitters steal my surgical tools etc. since they felt that I did not borg them fast enough but I've also been in the line waiting for a super unrobust roboticist to hand me my Ripley only to see that they cannot handle the workload they are under in the slightest. After a ton of quiet waiting for him to get his borging done and so on he hands me a Ripley that has the wrong access requirements so I need to find a head that is willing to fix it.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #124744

People barging into robotics will always get on my nerves, and I don't even PLAY roboticist. The RD shouldn't have to act as a fucking zookeeper for people who don't want to do their jobs and want to be a robot instead. As cool as all the things robotics can do are, very few of them are emergency-grade. Hold your damn horses.
Last edited by EndgamerAzari on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #124748

I always loot EVA/Aux storage for a stack of metal as an offering so the roboticist borgs me first.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #124758

Malkevin wrote:
Protip:
Set a borg going then debrain your entire queue.
If they start bitching at you being slow threaten to shove their brain back inside their lifeless body which you'll then toss down the trash chute.
Make sure you borg the quiet patient brain first.

Squeaky wheel does not get the grease.
Yea yea. I know I should just start a Borg and the guns simultaneously then start debraining. If the loads bad just say on science. "they're done but you gotta pick them up im overloaded."
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #124801

Saegrimr wrote:I always loot EVA/Aux storage for a stack of metal as an offering so the roboticist borgs me first.
i would rather glass.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #125169

I absolutely hate those AIs, who refuse to follow their laws for flimsy reasons - or even no reason at all, just validhunting antags. I also hate AIs, who, when onehumaned, announce who the only human is.
Bring back papercult.

tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125306

i hate people who think law 2 overrides law one the ais job is to keep the crew safe (and be a pain in the arse when the crew tries to kill somebody).

And being the one human is one of the few times when just saying dont state this law works because you arent going to hurt any other humans but the ai doesent have to like its new laws its free to try and get you arested untill you order it otherwise.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #125307

tuypo1 wrote:i hate people who think law 2 overrides law one the ais job is to keep the crew safe (and be a pain in the arse when the crew tries to kill somebody..

And being the one human is one of the few times when just saying dont state this law works because you arent going to hurt any other humans but the ai doesent have to like its new laws its free to try and get you arested untill you order it otherwise.
my pet peeve is you posting your awful silicon policy opinions 8-)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125320

my pet peeve is people who think assimov is the conflict lawset means let people get away with anything lawset
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #125322

Secborgs who follow Space Law above their own laws.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125323

ah yes that one is a pain.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125324

There's actually a big red HEY FUCKFACE YOU DON'T FOLLOW SPACELAW, JUST YOUR AI LAWS when you pick a secborg module now. Been around for a couple months at least, I think.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125340

well thats handy i dont play secborg so i dident notice.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #125346

clowns that do nothing but slip people and get pissy when people beat the shit out of them

tell a fucking joke, clown, throw a fucking pie.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125347

Pies need to be way easier to get ahold of.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #125369

Saegrimr wrote:Pies need to be way easier to get ahold of.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125429

newfren wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:Pies need to be way easier to get ahold of.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #125460

give the clown a spray can of whipped cream and some pie tins in his office 2015
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #125463

Thanks to dank undertale memes I want to see at least one butterscotch-cinnamon pie on the station.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #125969

I really wish we would rename the HoS to CSO (Chief Security Officer), and the HoP to HRM (Human Resources Manager). Those names are more realistic and would fit with Chief Engineer and Chief Medical Officer. I don't think there's anything wrong with Research Director though, it's a realistic title for that position.

But it will never happen. It's such a small change that, according to Erro's Law, the community would completely ignite over it.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125973

Telling someone to go bitch at HR sounds way funnier for some reason.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #126438

Ricotez wrote:I really wish we would rename the HoS to CSO (Chief Security Officer), and the HoP to HRM (Human Resources Manager). Those names are more realistic and would fit with Chief Engineer and Chief Medical Officer. I don't think there's anything wrong with Research Director though, it's a realistic title for that position.
Bring back HoR and rename HoP to HRO. All problems will be solved forever and a wealth of ~hilarious~ whore jokes will become available.

As to CSO, I'd prefer CoS (Chief of security), Chief X officer sounds silly when you only have one tier of managers.

Also I love the name Head of Staff or Principal Staff Officer / Chief Staff Officer as an alternative to HoP.

Additionally, it would not be the worst idea to split up HoP into two jobs:
- one who does the task of leading the civil department and
- someone who mans the HR desk.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #126470

LiamLime wrote:Additionally, it would not be the worst idea to split up HoP into two jobs:
we have a hard enough time getting 1 guy to do these things without wandering off
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #126505

make the quartermaster a head of staff so the hop can focus on the service staff
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #126515

Honestly binding all access changes to one guy doing their job is a pretty bad idea in my opinion.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #126554

tuypo1 wrote:make the quartermaster a head of staff so the hop can focus on the service staff
i remember when people used to think he WAS a head of staff and the QM would end up lynched every rev round.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #126565

The Janitor that uses water in the Medbay. Fuck man get some space cleaner or I'll dunk your ass in a toilet.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #126687

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:The Janitor that uses water in the Medbay. Fuck man get some space cleaner or I'll dunk your ass in a toilet.
No but it's the best when you do it in medbay because instead of a different sprite it just makes the tiles slightly darker, so if you wet every single tile in medbay absolutely everyone slips when they walk in.

Then you get that one guy who won't toggle off of run and just slips on every single tile between him and the door.
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #126702

tuypo1 wrote:make the quartermaster a head of staff so the hop can focus on the service staff
The way it's supposed to work is the HoP leaves the QM to be autonomous, but if the captain or a head needs something, they'll ring up the HoP, and ask the HoP to handle it. Then the HoP will ring up the QM and ask them to handle it. An HoP shouldn't be micromanaging their QM.
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #126824

Ricotez wrote:
LiamLime wrote:Additionally, it would not be the worst idea to split up HoP into two jobs:
we have a hard enough time getting 1 guy to do these things without wandering off
Well the difference would be that the guy who mans the HR desk would be expected to be there. Currently the HoP can have reason to leave.

Similar to how cargo technicians are expected to be in cargo, whereas the quartermaster might not always be in cargo.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
EmGee
Byond Username: EmGee

Post by EmGee » #126867

when somone metagrudges you because you're a memorable personality
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #126933

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:The Janitor that uses water in the Medbay. Fuck man get some space cleaner or I'll dunk your ass in a toilet.
lmao use bodybags so i dont have to clean in the first place
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #126934

Miauw wrote:
lmao use bodybags so i dont have to clean in the first place
^^^^this^^^^
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #127018

When I tell a borg to honk and he pings instead
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #127080

- People who assume that they know better than you (playing a medical doctor) in medicine, ignore you as they treat someone, and prove that they absolutely don't
- People who fill people with 60 units of kelotane/bicaridine/whatever
- People who press the morphine button when they're facerolling all the sleeper chemicals
- People who blame you for problems caused by other people

Sam Vimes, I don't know who your identically-dressed pet monkey was, but they killed you stone dead with everything they shoved into you, before I could get a purging agent into you, and you blaming me just means that I'm going to account for your position in the queue in future triage.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #127083

When people drag suicides/just plain dead people away from the medical doctors to bring them to cloning. If it's a suicide, it's going into the morgue tray and it's shit is getting stolen by US or being returned to the HoP, not you greyshirts. If it's a dead person, it's going in front of the cryo tubes so we can get around to attempting a defib later if we feel like it.

Security officers running through medical in general. You're more than often in the way, I've never been saved in medical by a security officer when there is a problem, and if you so much as step foot into chemistry you should be glad that all they decided to do was replace your blood with morphine and not something truly awful.

When people try to drag a suicide that showed up green in a morgue tray away from me. Yes, I know what I'm doing with it. No, I don't have anything better to do than rebrain this bitch and get them back into the round. Maybe if spiderlings crawl through the vents I'll think about doing something other than waiting for chem to do their job and watching every other medical doctor fuck off with the EMT jumpsuits.

EMT Jumpsuits or rather that I only think to go grab them after I see two people already wearing them. They're just so damned cool but I can't remember the last time I got one for myself.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #127118

MDs who try and take suicides off the chef because "WE CAN REBUILD HIM"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #127153

Shit tards that abuse auto cloners to escape perma for being shit
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #127156

Malkevin wrote:Shit tards that abuse auto cloners to escape perma for being shit
Remove brain solves this problem, right?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127158

They get autocloned riiiiight before the brain is out.

Which is how I escaped borgification as ling before.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #127183

Huh, interesting. I suppose the solution, then, is to keep them cuffed, probably straitjacketed, and then buckled. Or you could just massively sedate them too.

Assuming you have any idea they've been in an autocloner. Or just delete their records from that if possible. I guess you could get the AI to do that. So long as you know it's happening.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #127184

I did have one asshole be a complete idiot and say over the radio whilst I was stood right next him that he'd be getting out in a few moments because of the auto cloner.

I stuck him in a straight jacket and buckled him to the bed and locked the cell down.

Win for me.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127194

Cheimon wrote:Huh, interesting. I suppose the solution, then, is to keep them cuffed, probably straitjacketed, and then buckled. Or you could just massively sedate them too.

Assuming you have any idea they've been in an autocloner. Or just delete their records from that if possible. I guess you could get the AI to do that. So long as you know it's happening.
AIs cannot delete cloning records for all I know, those things require a swipe.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #127240

I'll have to experiment next time I get a chance. AI can occasionally do things that would otherwise require card insertion but not swiping in my experience, so you're probably right.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #127283

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:MDs who try and take suicides off the chef because "WE CAN REBUILD HIM"
Your need for a hamburger is not greater than my need to be not bored for 5 minutes.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #127398

I played a round last night with the worst sec I'd ever seen.

They walked around medbay trying to heal people like they were doctors, they stunned my doctors when they asked them to leave and do their fucking jobs, and the WARDEN told the CMO to "fuck off" because he was "with a patient".

I cannot stand fucking sec officers who try and do other people's jobs for them, and I especially cannot stand wardens who leave the brig because ???why not??? (bonus: warden stunned/cuffed me on the shuttle because 10 minutes ago a greytider said "CMO IS CULTIST!!1!" and then never spoke again. Then he bucklecuffed me. Thank god for that one guy who's name escapes me, he was the only competent officer on that round and he's the best)
Limey wrote:its too late.
EasX
Byond Username: EasX

Post by EasX » #127420

Qbopper wrote:I played a round last night with the worst sec I'd ever seen.

They walked around medbay trying to heal people like they were doctors, they stunned my doctors when they asked them to leave and do their fucking jobs, and the WARDEN told the CMO to "fuck off" because he was "with a patient".

I cannot stand fucking sec officers who try and do other people's jobs for them, and I especially cannot stand wardens who leave the brig because ???why not??? (bonus: warden stunned/cuffed me on the shuttle because 10 minutes ago a greytider said "CMO IS CULTIST!!1!" and then never spoke again. Then he bucklecuffed me. Thank god for that one guy who's name escapes me, he was the only competent officer on that round and he's the best)
I was Duke Stardust as a sec officer that round, can agree that sec was being a shit and the warden was dicking off instead of his doing his job. I don't know how many times you pinged over radio for us to help before someone eventually responded.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #127477

That's some severe insubordination there and you were within your rights to detain the hostile elements.

Power structures are not a straight tree, and security does-not-own-ANY-OTHER-DEPARTMENT.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #127504

Yes, the CMO should have batoned and detained the security officers.

I can't imagine that going poorly for him at all. It's not like they'd all crowd in, beat the shit out of the CMO, and then drag him off to perma.