Left 4 Dead Warhammer Fantasy Edition (Vermintide)

Talk about video games here
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Left 4 Dead Warhammer Fantasy Edition (Vermintide)

Post by Drynwyn » #128642

get the fuck in here anon3, yeah that's right I saw that you bought this

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW:

Vermintide is a 4-player cooperative survival/mission-based action game set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe, in a city overrun by skaven. It's like left for dead, but with distinct classes, a gear system, and fireballs.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Re: Left 4 Dead Warhammer Fantasy Edition (Vermintide)

Post by EndgamerAzari » #128643

COACH GUN NUMBER ONE
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #128648

Stabbing motherfuckers with that Rapier like DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

EDIT: Endgamer and I are playing in a group right now. Get yer ass on skype and steam and shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128650

Enabled steam sharing with my little bro and have this a try. Lots of fun but holy shit it is hard. Me and my buddy figured the two of us could take on normal difficulty for the first mission. We go raeped bad like 4 times. Made it to the finale with some random who joined but damn. Had a great time losing, played as witch "tons o guns" hunter and god damn infinite flintlock pistols stronk
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #128657

I just impulse bought this after watching one video I hope it's good.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #128668

it is
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #128674

You fuck up and stumble into one stormvermin patrol GG no re lumberfoots

Went back to playing as Waywatcher after fucking around with Witch Hunter some more. He's good but he really lacks CC, which you absolutely must-have in this game or else you get fucked by a tidal wave of slave rats.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #128683

So basically the levels are open maps you need to do objectives in to finish, and you can avoid elite enemy patrols?
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #128684

Patrols are a thing that are kind of unique to Vermintide. Most of the enemies have a kind-of Left4Dead Parallel

Hunter = Gutter Runner
Smoker = Packleader
Tank = Rat Ogre

Stormvermin are just super fucking strong dudes with plate mail on. Fighting them 1v1 is just tough and they'll beat the shit out of you if you aren't actively blocking and timing power attacks on them.

A patrol is 5-6 Stormvermin marching around the map in a group. If you hide from them they'll pass you by and you'll be okay. If you alert them they will fucking surround you and give you the Brazzers treatment.

Most games we've lost have been because we alerted a patrol. They fucking SUCK.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #128689

Any spiders in the game?

Debating buying it but severe arachnophobia and shit so fuck that if I have to fight that fucking spider Skavens have.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #128690

No Spiders, only Rat Men. Of course the Beta only has four maps right now, the full game (which comes out tomorrow) should have around thirteen maps.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #128691

This game is dope as hell, can confirm. Just refunded my copy to get the collector's edition.

Stormvermin are joke if you're coordinated and have grenades, a nightmare if you're alone. I got grabbed by a Packleader and pulled into 8 Stormvermin this morning on Nightmare difficulty. Rip Waywatcher.

No spiders thus far Tornadium.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #128694

If you want to deal maximum damage to a Stormvermin patrol you need to chug down a Strength Potion and then throw a grenade at them, this means the Grenade deals double damage!

Of course there is absolutely no reason to engage with a Stormvermin patrol ever. You get nothing out of it aside from losing health and expending limited resources. You should make every effort to avoid them when possible.
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #128695

Skaven don't use spiders, should be fine.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #128703

Spiders should be the least of concerns when fighting Skaven.

They got like crazy technologies and Frankenstein-like monsters, then there's the Stormfiends. But none of those things are in the game, right?
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #128708

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:Spiders should be the least of concerns when fighting Skaven.

They got like crazy technologies and Frankenstein-like monsters, then there's the Stormfiends. But none of those things are in the game, right?
I can deal with literally fucking anything but spiders.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #128709

Steelpoint wrote:If you want to deal maximum damage to a Stormvermin patrol you need to chug down a Strength Potion and then throw a grenade at them, this means the Grenade deals double damage!

Of course there is absolutely no reason to engage with a Stormvermin patrol ever. You get nothing out of it aside from losing health and expending limited resources. You should make every effort to avoid them when possible.
I keep forgetting that strength and speed potions apply to EVERYTHING, not just melee for strength and movement for speed.

I totally agree that there's no reason to attack Stormvermin, but since I'm usually with randoms, someone inevitably ends up pulling them.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #128757

I download it last night and it's 13GB. Servers go down now and you have to redownload the whole 13GB for launch. If all the maps were already in why the fuck do we have to redownload the entire fucking thing jesus christ.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #128760

So we're all going wild on playing this tonight right?

Right?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #128798

An0n3 wrote:So we're all going wild on playing this tonight right?

Right?
I'm maybe gonna be on, friend might be doing something- we will see. If am *am* on I'll probably play till 3am or so
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128802

Gonna be on tonight to play hopefully
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128823

Turns out I can play for an hour or two tonight, what time are we thinking?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #128849

>get two green dice in one game
>get green dorf axe and not elf double swords

Okay

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #128853

DrPillzRedux wrote:>get two green dice in one game
>get green dorf axe and not elf double swords

Okay
>play as elf almost exclusively now
>received one set of swords, one extra bow as loot so far
>received magic mace and shield, magic axe and shield, duplicate axes, hammers, bright wizard staves, etc.

Is it just im-fucking-possible for the game to reward you only with drops for the character you're playing as?

Why is this process fucked this way?

Especially when you can't double-up on characters in the same lobby, getting items for characters you don't use (because your friends like using them or otherwise) is fucking STUPID.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #128855

Haven't been able to play the full version because of work, but I'm enjoying the loot drop system. Encourages playing other characters and shit.

Also, got a life steal flamberge for witchhunter and I'm absolutely loving cutting rats in half and never having to heal.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #128869

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Encourages playing other characters and shit.
The lobby system actively discourages that though. Every other system in the game discourages it.

You have to melt down your weapons to roll for a new, upgraded weapon, or to upgrade a weapon to unlock it's special powers.
You are actively sacrificing options for other characters to try to get one good option for a single character.
This is how the game handles progression: you sacrifice many options to get one better option that is exclusive to a single character.

Randomly showering you with other junk for characters you aren't playing as just makes it take longer for you to secure good options for the characters you already like.
If you already don't like using X character with Y weapon, have a fancier option for that setup isn't going to make it any more fun, just more effective.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #128870

I'm in for this shit.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #128874

You better start downloading it now. Goddamn 13gb of FUCK.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128876

Anyone gonna be playing in like an hour?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128877

Scratch that half an hour
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #128878

I'll be playing for the rest of the night, probably.

I'm hosting a game right now. Message me on steam to join.

EDIT: Goddamn that was glorious. Good work guys. Finally got some goddamn magical bullshit for my Elf.

I had no idea the single sword for the Elf was so raw powerful. That charge attack overhead cleaves through goddamn EVERYTHING and you can repeat it over and over pretty quickly.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #128931

Sword/dagger is best elf combo

Dwarf and soldier are literally the same thing

WH is a boss killer

Mage is okay

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #128942

Sword/Dagger or 2Sword are CC weapons. They're great against swarms of slave rats but the overall damage output is low for hacking up specials and they have a lot of trouble handling armor.

2Dagger is a weird inbetween where they've got great sweep but no reach and can do better single-target damage with their charge attack. If you're really good at aiming and can line up the slashes for headshots they become better all around at everything than the above weapons, but the reality is that it's very difficult to do that consistently and they require you to get right up in the swarm of dudes so I would consider them overall the worst Elf melee weapon.

Sword has normals with the most narrow sweep of all their weapons, limiting its effectiveness when you're facing a huge horde. It does have a decent amount of reach and attacks fairly quickly so you aren't totally hosed though, and you can still fight back from a safe distance with some footsies. Where Single Sword shines is its overall DPS against single targets. Between focusing your normals on a single target and repeated use of your charge this thing beats down single targets better than anything else in your melee arsenal.

I prefer the Sword overall for how it pairs with their different bows. Bows are pretty shit against armored opponents. If you don't use the Sword you only have shit options for dealing with armored opponents.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #128950

Got to the final mission. Not even going to bother trying that with pubbies. Did once just to see how it is, hell no that isn't going to happen.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #129013

If anyone wants a gud sword n board player hit me up. Managed to keep my team alive on the Wells mission with my shield when an ogre AND 6 Stormverns spawned right on us.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wiimotevictim/

a correct post by pillz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #129016

Sent. I am still pretty much a total newb but i am good at shooting people in the face with my infinity pistols
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #129020

Does the collector's edition get you anything other than cosmetic hats, pictures, and some videos?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #129025

Trinkets that give you proc chances.

a correct post by pillz
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #129026

Are we talking "Exclusive to these two trinkets" level proc chances or "Can be acquired for free" level?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #129036

I dunno but I doubt they're good.

a correct post by pillz
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #129037

Alright, thanks
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #129044

Got a better rapier + pistol from fusing my old shit. Is it worth using it over my zwie simply because it is a better peice of gear? I rather like being able to sweep multiple targets
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #129054

WH is the precision dd and the rapier is what you want for higher difficulties. You can easily headshot Stormverns with a charged stab. Plus dual pistols and an str pot is used on ogres.
Last edited by DrPillzRedux on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a correct post by pillz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #129055

I'm playing this now. Was celebrating a friend's 20th last night. Hit me up.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061125616/
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #129057

Added, but i will not be able to play more until later
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #129213

Learning Bright Wizard. She's fucking weird, she's completely awful on her own but if she can be covered by her team a little she can be absolutely devastating as long as she's not stuck in front. Venting her staff has some weird rules and effects to it that are kind-of counter-intuitive.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #129215

Venting above the notches in the bar causes it to slightly damage you if you manually vent it. However, you can almost fill up the bar and just let it vent naturally without it causing any harm to you. There's also swords that actually help with venting when you use em.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #129221

Yeah, heat operates in three tiers. Despite the heat build-up and your character bitching it never damages you directly as long as you don't vent. At its worst it just slows you down.

Venting at the lowest tier (visible between the two points on the bar, the section where it's yellow) doesn't do any damage. If you have a second to vent this is the place to do it. Alternating between shooting and venting to stay down in this bracket when you can be leisurely about it is good.

Venting at the next highest tier (roughly half-way between the two points on the bar and the end of the bar) does damage to you. Sometimes it's worth it though. Better to vent so you can burn up the wave of skaven than let you and your teammates get beaten up by a tidal-wave of slave rats.

Venting at the next highest tier (the last third of the bar, but not necessarily at the end of the bar) does more damage, but sometimes it's still worth it. Being in this tier of heat slows down your movement and weapon swings. Try to avoid being up here as best you can. Shit must be going really awful for you to be up in here, and it may only get worse unless you vent now and suffer the damage to turn it around.

Venting when the bar is full makes you explode. Hopefully you are doing this on purpose to go out in a blaze of glory and save the team. If you did not mean to do this on purpose WELP you just WELP'ed.

There are different runes for different weapons that help. I've seen runes for staves that make it inflict less damage on you when venting. There are runes for weapons that cause your heat to decrease when hitting with normal or charged attacks too. These are neat.

You should keep in mind though that your heat is always decreasing even if you don't have the staff out. You can just put that shit away when it gets too hot and go to town smacking shit around while it cools off.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #129226

I swear to fucking God if another person tells me "DID YOU KNOW POTIONS AFFECT RANGED ATTACKS AND SPELLS TOO!?!?" I'm going to lose my mind.

Yes everyone knows this

Because everyone is pointing it out to everyone constantly
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #129244

Hence my comment about swords helping, there also traits on certain ones that actually increase the vent amount as you kill stuff with it.