Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Cheimon » #127504

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yes, the CMO should have batoned and detained the security officers.

I can't imagine that going poorly for him at all. It's not like they'd all crowd in, beat the shit out of the CMO, and then drag him off to perma.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #127588

Cheimon wrote:Yes, the CMO should have batoned and detained the security officers.

I can't imagine that going poorly for him at all. It's not like they'd all crowd in, beat the shit out of the CMO, and then drag him off to perma.
Sec need to accept that sometimes non-antags absolutely can beat the shit out of them within space law if they go too far.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #127623

But why would they accept that? If they can avoid it, they will, like any player. So they do.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #127635

Cheimon wrote:But why would they accept that? If they can avoid it, they will, like any player. So they do.
Yeah but they need to not whine in deadchat when the captain declares them Over The Line and puts an all-access bounty on their heads.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #127654

admins who decide to "spice up" antag rounds by giving certain people special abilities and equipment that completely shit over everyone else and turn the station into a murderbone shithole.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #127979

Thralls who murderbone or kill people when they encounter them alone in maintenance while shadowlings are still alive. You are directly impeding the goals of your masters by killing people who are convertable and it makes me fume when the same people kill everyone over and over as a thrall then have the audacity to complain that the mode is bad because shadowlings never win.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #128463

Cultists who go "herpaderp ire is blood nahlizet is join karazet is hell balaq is self" at roundstart. WE ALREADY KNOW YOU FUCKING WANKREL EVERYONE HAS GOTTEN ALL FOUR WORDS FOR YEARS NOW
Swarmers that spend 100 years trying to break an r-wall while there are dozens of buttons, lightswitches, holopads, etc. left untouched

Xenobiologists who close the outer doors that I have left open for A FUCKING REASON
Xenobiologists who do the above and open the inner doors, resulting in slimes getting loose, every time
Xenobiologists who don't use the slime scanner
Xenobiologists who do the above while shoving monkeys into a pen of multiple unscanned slimes
Xenobiologists who do the above with pens of differently colored slimes, some of which are junk
Xenobiologists who put used slime extracts in the fridge
Xenobiologists who bump into you constantly
Xenobiologists that have 100000 monkeys alive at any given point
Xenobiologists that water monkey cubes with the fire extinguisher, wasting water and usually resulting in the above

People who break glass tables
People who steal IDs for no reason
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #129443

Lawyers that decide "it's my job to hinder security", and proceed to do things like stealing your prisoners or messing around with the evidence.

Argue about brig times, sure, and if you're amusing enough or have a good point I'll do my best to listen. Try and set up an interesting trial? I'll help if there's time. You want your client to have some other punishment than perma, and you have some sort of interesting reason? Go ahead.

But going "I need a word with my client", running off with a prisoner, and then bolting away into your law office, and releasing the prisoner once security's distracted? That's not good lawyering, that's aiding and abetting criminals.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #129480

Cheimon wrote:Lawyers that decide "it's my job to hinder security", and proceed to do things like stealing your prisoners or messing around with the evidence.

Argue about brig times, sure, and if you're amusing enough or have a good point I'll do my best to listen. Try and set up an interesting trial? I'll help if there's time. You want your client to have some other punishment than perma, and you have some sort of interesting reason? Go ahead.

But going "I need a word with my client", running off with a prisoner, and then bolting away into your law office, and releasing the prisoner once security's distracted? That's not good lawyering, that's aiding and abetting criminals.
If a lawyer in ss13 can get you out of the permabrig by falsifying evidence they deserve a medal not a kick
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #129504

I don't mean falsifying. I mean things like just stealing any gear they can get their hands on, hiding things in case somebody gets convicted, that sort of stuff. Admittedly not as common as the stealing prisoner problem.

While we're on prisoners, people that wander in halfway through an arrest, who have no idea what have just happened, and rescue the prisoner. Then, when you confront them, they go "he was innocent!". You have no idea of that, dude.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #129634

on that topic: people who suicide the moment they're captured by security. usually after a murderboner.

in my eyes, that brands you as the cancer destroying tgs.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #129636

When that happens i take the suicided/catatonic body, dress it up in embarrasing outfit/makeup and strap it to an electric chair in a glass cage in front of the brig cells. You can still humiliate them even if they are dead
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #129965

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Cheimon wrote:But why would they accept that? If they can avoid it, they will, like any player. So they do.
Yeah but they need to not whine in deadchat when the captain declares them Over The Line and puts an all-access bounty on their heads.
see now no matter what sec do I wont accept a captain who gives all access as a reward for anything sure encourage the crew to lynch shitty sec officers but any captain or hop who gives all access as a reward or prize can go fuck themselves
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #130009

I think most-access is better, give em everything but armory and ID console, maybe no engineering or toxins if you really think you cannot trust em
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #130013

i've had people fire shots at me and attempt to climb over the desk and kill me because I refused to give them all access so they could be a "bounty hunter."

i blasted him with my e-gun and dragged him into maint and spaced the body.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #130016

Wyzack wrote:When that happens i take the suicided/catatonic body, dress it up in embarrasing outfit/makeup and strap it to an electric chair in a glass cage in front of the brig cells. You can still humiliate them even if they are dead
I just make an announcement calling them a pussy if i have access, otherwise I call them a pussy over common channel. Zero tolerance for that sort of thing.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #130098

Wyzack wrote:I think most-access is better, give em everything but armory and ID console, maybe no engineering or toxins if you really think you cannot trust em
Thats what I mean by "giving them all-access"

Giving actual all-access is known as "simultanous stroke and aneurism while developing brain cancer and going braindead"
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #130101

People like that person lucina who purposely rp as an asshole.
Puglord
Byond Username: Puglord64

Post by Puglord » #130103

I really hate it when the Leather Overcoat or Leather Jacket doesn't spawn in the assistant clothing room. I love how they look!
Nega10
Byond Username: Nega10

Post by Nega10 » #130166

When I'm using soap to clean up a hallway and someone shoves me aside, undoing the cleaning I was doing.

Also, people who leave long trails of blood across the station.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #130172

People who destroy all my work as a cook.

Lately it's happening way too often in lowpop rounds (three times this week already), and it's incredibly annoying to see 30 minutes of work destroyed FNR.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #130188

capi duffman wrote:People who destroy all my work as a cook.
Damn it, I thought you were a cook / chef IRL and your pet peeve was people eating what you cook :D
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
RescueRanger
Byond Username: RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #130450

Some players logic....
Spoiler:
imblyings wrote:ADMIN: Ausops (FLW): why would we import furry bears from a different hemisphere only to eat them don't be silly
imblyings wrote:Australia has had a track record of uprisings being crushed under the jackboot of their prison island overlords tg will be no different
oranges wrote:<oranges> I know we all have small dick
[Security] Francis Gallyus says, "Hard light cuffs on the HoP, we might have mexican immigrants, boys."
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #130548

Admins who think they're better than the players.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #130562

oranges
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #130565

when the ass aint fat

also tonto being banned
Sceptiles
Byond Username: Sceptiles

Post by Sceptiles » #130787

Holoparasites and everyone that use them. They are too cost efficient and encourage mass murderboning and everyone that I've seen use them so far has just been killing people who like to RP or do their jobs, none of the people they kill ever have purpose towards their objectives as traitors and like 10% of the people using them seem to ever achieve green text.
Megan Hatler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #130796

Sceptiles wrote:Image
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #130806

I like holoparasites. It lets you be part of a team, and it feels a lot better to accomplish something that way even if it's easier.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #130836

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Sceptiles wrote:Image
That is literally the purpose of this thread. Being salty. It's not clever commentary.

On topic, AIs that decide to get all up in my business about how I do my job. I don't tell you how to shock doors, machine, so don't tell me how to do my things. You've almost never got the full picture, anyway.

Actually, anyone that decides to bitch about how other people do their jobs without cause at all. I don't mean if you're genuinely affected by it, but if you're just a bystander and you decide to insult people, fuck off. Actually I've noticed this particularly as cook: people decide the only roleplay they can do is insulting the food, so they roll up, bitch about everything on the table ("this pasta's cold! this pizza smells strange!"), and then leave. What was the point of that? Just being mean?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #130852

>have an ss13 dream where a head of security is an incompetent shitter who keeps trying to arrest me during ops, completely ignoring the syndies and chasing me when I have done nothing wrong, leaving me cuffbuckled in chairs and stuff
>wake up super pissed off and go to write a ban request
>remember it was only a dream so I can't get his ass job banned because he's not even a real person, his beyond tag was some weird ass letters and punctuation

FUCK
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #131250

I have probably said this many times before, but:
- Cargo players / HoP who deny Science a Combat Shotguns crate.
- Security players that do not accept superior weaponry from Science.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #131260

When you're trying to RP and get converted to rev/gang/cult.

And Crag I've been in a cult round where I as a loyalty implanted sec officer go into the armory with the warden to gear up for a cult base raid, when the captain runs in, stuns me, and keeps me cuffed for almost 20 minutes forcefeeding me holy water. 5 minutes after I'm released the cult summons nar'sie.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #131278

DrPillzRedux wrote:When you're trying to RP and get converted to rev/gang/cult.

And Crag I've been in a cult round where I as a loyalty implanted sec officer go into the armory with the warden to gear up for a cult base raid, when the captain runs in, stuns me, and keeps me cuffed for almost 20 minutes forcefeeding me holy water. 5 minutes after I'm released the cult summons nar'sie.
Oh god once in a cult round I'm with another officer and he is being crushed by a sliding door. I save him and I arrest a cultist, he grabs the bag,I disarm him for it, and then he arrests me for 5 minutes because he thinks I was a cultist trying to kill him.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #131282

>disarm an officer to get a bag
>disarm
>you could have asked
>get arrested
>acting surprised
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #131397

When people get mad that you missed some radio message because you were in the middle of some other task. While it might be fun to RP that I'm clearly deaf, in this game radio messages are a matter of reading, which means that if I'm focused on a different task (like, say, arresting someone) then I'm not going to be focused on the chat lines until I know I can do that safely. Particularly if I'm needing to examine people, I'm not going to scroll up and go through what I missed until I know I can do it without being killed. Stop being mad I didn't respond instantly to some other people going "he dindu nuffin" on the radio.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #131630

DemonFiren wrote:>disarm an officer to get a bag
>disarm
>you could have asked
>get arrested
>acting surprised
> anyone who immediately leaps to "break in and steal" for minor shit they can just ask for

like people who bust into cargo when the tech's right there, start a fight and turn it into LE ESCALATION MEME over.. wanting to print something out of the autolathe
use your fucking words
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #131635

A QM once asked me to get a stamp from the HoP, RD, and CE for an industrial welding tool.

Five minutes later I gathered the entire engineering department with spears and pneumatic cannons, so we waged war on the cargonians and killed all of them that fought back, bringing all dead cargo techs to medbay while we meatspiked the QM. When I got bwoinked for this the admin only said lol.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #131648

Yeah, people who are needlessly obstructive over tiny things like that deserve everything they get. They're practically the REASON people break in for shit instead of asking.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #131665

Yeah but now you can break in and kill them if they're being a nob, so there's no reason not to ask first
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #131666

>"Hey tech, can I print a circular saw?"
>"no"
>"Why not?"
>"Because you're John Madden!"
>break in, stab him to death, print the saw, then space him

This was something that happened on Hippie.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #131892

Zilenan91 wrote:A QM once asked me to get a stamp from the HoP, RD, and CE for an industrial welding tool.

Five minutes later I gathered the entire engineering department with spears and pneumatic cannons, so we waged war on the cargonians and killed all of them that fought back, bringing all dead cargo techs to medbay while we meatspiked the QM. When I got bwoinked for this the admin only said lol.
I'm surprised that the engies went along with you, considering the risk of them getting bwoinked as well.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #131928

OOC: Megatrononline: I am not insiting on winning, i just feel it is duty of sec and command stuff to stop the rival corporation agents\
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #131931

i mean hes right you know.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #131944

Indeed he is.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #131987

Erbbu wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:A QM once asked me to get a stamp from the HoP, RD, and CE for an industrial welding tool.

I'm surprised that the engies went along with you, considering the risk of them getting bwoinked as well.

There was about 2 engineers with Pneumatics and 5 greyshits with spears. No man shall stamp and live.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #141175

People who refuse to let me provide funeral services for dead crewmen as chaplain because "hurr durrr da chef might want da meat". Fuck off and order a monkey crate.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #141184

Super Aggro Crag wrote:People who refuse to let me provide funeral services for dead crewmen as chaplain because "hurr durrr da chef might want da meat". Fuck off and order a monkey crate.
don't even need one, the biogenerator can shit out monkey cubes
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #141215

when puregirl animename gleefully whips out a circular saw at the first sign of disarming and goes to town on whoever she likes least/has the most affiliation OOC with, because of COURSE a pure anime girl would carry a saw to murder the fuck out of grody old men

EDIT: likewise, slut shall never harm slut
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #141218

like a true yandere
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #141231

we only have the purest space waifus - no yanderes here!

also, who would they yandere over
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore