Appeals which have been closed.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

[Shaps] Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #131672

Byond account and character name: Sirnat/ Nathan Ward
Banning admin: Shaps
Ban type (What are you banned from?):30 mins/sybil
Ban reason and length: Reason: As a nonantag assistant, chucked a few metal foam grenades into medbay and was shot with morphine by medbay personnel. He ahelped after regaining conciousness and immediately set the doctor who morphined him on fire. Banbaiting and shitty greytide behavior
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 12:48 est PM
Your side of the story: I went to medbay after finding some metal foam nades in engineering, set off one of them, yuki runs and gets a saw from surgery comes toward me, so I think she's gonna attack me.

As she's clearing out the foam in the lobby, I set off the second one, and it foams up the hall a bit, she then morphines me (Seems a big power gamey to already have a morphine syringe and syringe gun this early in the round.)

So, olorin drags me around shaking me, cant find coffee thing on assteroid station then im finally awake. I talk to yuki and ask her what the fuck, and then unprovoked, she whips out the gun and morphines me again. I then ahelp about it, and then set her on fire because I whacked her on the head earlier with a bottle of alcohol when escaping her chasing me and her attempt to loot.

Shaps then didn't investigate clearly it seems, and bans me for ''ban baiting'' when I had ahelped about her morphining me the second time, yeah I set her on fire and punched her maybe 2-3 times. She had no reason to morphine me the second time at all.

Shaps expected me to know it was a malf round literally, 3 minutes into the round (when i set off the nades) and is acting as if the metal grenades were such a bother when they got taken down in a minute by yuki with her saw.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Wasn't investigated correctly, accusing me of ban baiting when I don't see how I was trying to ban bait, wasn't even trying to get yuki banned with my ahelp. Maybe if I went to actually fucking kill her, sure but I let her go into cryo and left right after. Maybe shaps should be more patient with things.

This is the response I got from shaps before I set yuki on fire:
Admin PM from-Shaps: I know, we've been watching you since you were spamming metal foam grenades in medbay for no reason during a malf round, we're very aware of what you've been doing

That showed me he was not doing a damn thing about it, so I took it as escalation.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [Shaps] Sirnat

Post by Shaps-cloud » #131676

You were spamming metal foam grenades in medbay and ahelped after medbay staff shot you with morphine to nonharmfully remove you from medbay. Immediately after ahelping it, you went back and attacked her and lit her on fire anyway. If you start shit with people by being annoying, don't ahelp when they take perfectly valid steps to get you to go away and stop annoying them, that's banbaiting
Last edited by Shaps-cloud on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #131677

She wasn't removing me from medbay, she chased me down the hall after morphining me, the fuck do you expect me to see that as.

An attempt to kill/loot me is exactly what.

You keep saying medbay staff, yet it was only yuki.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #131679

sirnat wrote:She wasn't removing me from medbay, she chased me down the hall after morphining me, the fuck do you expect me to see that as.

An attempt to kill/loot me is exactly what.

You keep saying medbay staff, yet it was only yuki.
Maybe you shouldn't have been spamming metal foam grenades in medbay, and maybe you shouldn't have gone back after they chased you off the first time, and maybe you shouldn't have attacked her for chasing you off?
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #131681

''Spamming metal foam nades'' yeah sure, two grenades sure do count as spamming.

I went back to ask her what the fuck was her deal with morphining me, and as I stood there talking to her, guess what she did?

Shot me a second time with more morphine, luckily i found the coffee machine across the hall. Thats when I ahelped, then when you gave me that shit response, I went over and set her on fire, that isn't ban baiting, thats taking the response you give and taking it as ''escalation''
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #131683

Why would you adminhelp that someone shot you with morphine after you were foaming up their workplace.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #131684

I was cool with the first shot of morphine, I expected it.

But when Im standing in the lobby, talking to yuki fucking around acting as if I was mad about it, she says 'because thats not nice' and shoots me a second time unprovoked.

May as well close this now, but shaps you really should've communicated a bit more than smart ass remarks the first time I ahelped.

If you would've said, ''looking into it'' then I wouldn't have set her dumbass on fire.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #131685

People are under no obligation to be civil to you when you've been a jerk to them. Don't be a jerk and people won't be jerks to you, and as a corollary, don't be a jerk and then get mad when people are jerks back to you
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #131686

She didn't have to shoot me a second time with morphine, what I did was escalation and you banned me for escalation.

You go and shoot someone with morphine, and see if they wont kill you when they get a chance, morphining people is like the most easiest way to make yourself valid to them.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #131690

Do you see why someone might not be very happy to see you running into their workplace again when you have a history of shitting it up.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #131695

Honestly why humour him even slightly. Most threads people make an attempt to help the banned person understand where they went wrong.

This has never been possible once with sirnat just be done with it.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #131700

Funny thing is Sticky, you say that yet you've only interacted with me, maybe once or twice.

Loller, the second time she morphine shot me was after the AI attempted take over. She knew I wasn't an antag, I was also infront of the table, 2-3 tiles away from her, where she stood at the desk on asteroid.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #131702

Ban has expired and I think we're good here