Appeals which have been closed.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

[Kor] Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132550

Byond account and character name:Sirnat/ Nathan Ward
Banning admin:Kor
Ban type (What are you banned from?):Sybil
Ban reason and length:Reason: Broke into science to make stuff for himself/refused to leave, attacked scientist who tried to throw him out repeatedly. Ended up wiping research and then adminhelping when he got killed. Adminhelping and wasting everyones time/trying to get people banned after you start shit isn't okay.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 6:50PM EST
Your side of the story:
So, Kor didn't do any investigating into this at all, and wasn't even the admin who talked to me in ahelps, the reason he banned me was stupid honestly.

>Broke into science: False, I didn't break in. The door was open, I walked in after seeing around 2-3 assitants or what looked like assistants, using the protolathe before the shuttle arrived.
>Lane is being a dick toward me for printing a freedom implant trying to get me to leave, I don't let him kick me out.
>Refusing to leave isnt against the rules
>Attacked scientist: He attacked me with a pickaxe, which escelated the fight
>Ended up wiping research: Yep, he was being a stingy cunt with research even after the shuttle had arrived as if it was god important noone could print anything.
>Adminhelped when he got killed: I ahelped and asked if Zoey was allowed to just jump into a fight like she did and kill me, I didn't ahelp about the fight between me and Lane, didnt even care that I died, I was curious if people can just jump into fights and kill someone without being there for the initial confrontation.
I was talking to judicator about it, and after he explained it was allowed I was like alright cool, now I know.
>I wasn't trying to get anyone banned, if I was I would've been pushing for ''Thats bullshit, why can she just jump into a fight she wasnt part of''
Why you think you should be unbanned: Stated above, I wasn't trying to get anyone banned and it was a IC escelated fight between me and lane, I only ahelped to be clear of the policy on jumping into fights you have no reason to jump into for. Like Zoey did, by disarming me and killing me.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Re: [Kor] Sirnat

Post by rdght91 » #132553

So you invaded someone's workplace, refused to leave, and destroyed all their work?
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132554

Only after the fight escelated. And esc shuttle was leaving in a minute anyway, I don't feel bad for wiping it really. If you want to be stingy/assblasted over someone printing an implant instead of just letting them print it and leave then that was his fault
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #132557

sirnat wrote:>Broke into science: False, I didn't break in. The door was open, I walked in after seeing around 2-3 assitants or what looked like assistants, using the protolathe before the shuttle arrived.
So you didn't break in, you trespassed, which doesn't matter because that's still against space law and the scientists have every right to kick you out
>Lane is being a dick toward me for printing a freedom implant trying to get me to leave, I don't let him kick me out.
>Refusing to leave isnt against the rules
You then made yourself a massive nuisance and printed out illegal implants despite someone from the department that actually made that stuff telling you to get out
>Attacked scientist: He attacked me with a pickaxe, which escelated the fight
>Ended up wiping research: Yep, he was being a stingy cunt with research even after the shuttle had arrived as if it was god important noone could print anything.
Then when they exercised their right to force you out of their department after asking you nicely didn't work, you flipped out and ruined an entire round's worth of research for everyone because as a greyshirt who let himself in you feel entitled to the fruits of their hard work, despite doing nothing to make it

Honestly I don't know what went down with the ahelping but this alone is pretty trash, and you have quite a big history of annoying greytiding, so take this for what you will
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132558

>Flipped out and ruined an entire rounds worth of research for everyone because as a greyshirt who let himself in you feel entitled to the fruits of their hardwork despite doing nothing to make it
You fail to realize the round was 99.99% over with, the shuttle was there, there was nothing else to do with research and are making a big deal out of nothing.

>Quite a big history of annoying greytiding
Anything anyone ever does these days is considered grey tiding if they make one person upset isnt it?

It wouldn't have been wiped if someone was a stingy prick over a minor implant that he was openly handing out to others in the room. :)

And quite honestly, this is all an IC issue, I didn't even ahelp about lane fighting me. I knew it was a IC escelated fight, I only ahelped (explaining a second time) because I wasn't sure on the policy about people joining in on fights theyve no idea about.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #132560

Yeah, if people are trespassing in your department and refuse to leave, you are perfectly fine to force them out. Lethally if need be. You're not entitled to the implants, you didn't do anything to help make them. You trespassed, refused to leave, got dunked, and ahelped. Sounds like ban baiting to me.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132563

For the last damn time, I didn't ahelp about dying I don't see how you all can't read but seriously /read/.

I ahelped wondering about the policy about people joining in on fights unprovoked, not about lane attacking me, nothing about lane was talked about, I was cool with lane killing/attacking me.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #132565

sirnat wrote: And quite honestly, this is all an IC issue
Shoulda figured that out before you ahelped
sirnat wrote:You fail to realize the round was 99.99% over with, the shuttle was there
And yet you felt that the 1% of the round remaining was worth trying to get someone banned over when you got removed from it.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132567

GOD DAMN

Can noone read?

I ahelped wondering about the policy about people joining in on fights unprovoked, not about lane attacking me, nothing about lane was talked about, I was cool with lane killing/attacking me.

I did not ahelp about trying to get /ANYONE/ banned, I was CURIOUS about POLICY
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #132573

Pretty sure everyone just read up to the point where you were being shitty and then just didn't bother reading on.
sirnat wrote:I only ahelped to be clear of the policy on jumping into fights you have no reason to jump into for. Like Zoey did, by disarming me and killing me.
Last edited by lumipharon on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #132574

I honestly don't understand the problem here. You broke in and wouldn't get out and got dunked for it then ahelped a dindu noffin.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132575

>Then ahelped a dindu noffin

When the fuck will you people learn to read, holy-shit.

I didn't ahelp about trying to get anyone punished, what so ever. I was talking to judicator about if Zoey was allowed to just jump into a fight she had no reason to jump into, because i've seen it dealt with in different ways for people doing it, such as helping antags and killing the person they're fighting without reason to.

Yeah, I was fighting with lane, I expected to lose. Then died, and was curious if thats something people are allowed to do, but it seems that anytime anyone ahelps you expect them to want someone banned which is bullshit lol.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #132577

Would an admin just post the ahelp logs already so the peanut gallery can stop.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #132578

You didnt accept the answer when you were told it was fairly escalated and insisted multiple times Zoey wasnt allowed to do that both in ahelp and deadchat. Didnt sound like you were just curious.

If it really was just curiousity and a desire for policy debate please bring that to the forums because we've got enough arguments going on in ahelps already, I think I speak for most admins when I say we're not really in the mood for that in game.

And yeah I'll get the logs in a second
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #132581

BONUS
[23:37:31]SAY: Nathan Ward/Sirnat : HHAHAHAHA
[23:37:33]SAY: Nathan Ward/Sirnat : RESET IT
[23:37:33]SAY: Nathan Ward/Sirnat : BITCH
[23:37:40]SAY: Nathan Ward/Sirnat : I RESET YOIUR SHIT
[23:37:45]SAY: Nathan Ward/Sirnat : FUCKING BITCH
[23:37:48]SAY: Nathan Ward/Sirnat : MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT BE STINGY

[23:40:24]ADMIN: HELP: Sirnat/(Nathan Ward): So, is Zoey webb allowed to jump into a fight she had nothing to do with in, and proceed to crit me? When it was between me and Lane - heard by 5 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[23:41:13]ADMIN: PM: Jud1c470r/(Adam Pryex)->Sirnat/(Nathan Ward): was she there when the fight started?
[23:41:47]ADMIN: PM: Sirnat/(Nathan Ward)->Jud1c470r/(Adam Pryex): She was in the room, but it had nothing to do with her. She was sitting at the desk of RND, me and lane got into a fight because he wanted me out. She's just an assistant as well, not even a scientist
[23:42:06]ADMIN: PM: Jud1c470r/(Adam Pryex)->Sirnat/(Nathan Ward): and who started the fight?
[23:43:06]ADMIN: PM: Sirnat/(Nathan Ward)->Jud1c470r/(Adam Pryex): It was a mix between me and lance, he wanted me out and I wouldn't leave. Not sure who hit first, but after it got to be even more of a brawl, i reset the rnd thing to get at lance and so he came out and tried to hit me with a pickaxe but i flashed him, then he ran into rnd to try and run away
[23:43:35]ADMIN: PM: Sirnat/(Nathan Ward)->Jud1c470r/(Adam Pryex): Then zoey jumps in by disamring me, and taking my pickaxe and proceeding to crit me because ''A human cant possibly take that many hits'' when lance hit me about 3 times in a row
[23:44:45]SAY: Ghost/Sirnat : zoey jumped into the fight for no reason
[23:44:49]SAY: Ghost/Sirnat : When it didnt involve her
[23:44:52]SAY: Ghost/Sirnat : and killed me
[23:45:15]SAY: Ghost/Sirnat : Maybe you shouldn't be a stingy scientist.
[23:46:16]ADMIN: PM: Jud1c470r/(Adam Pryex)->Sirnat/(Nathan Ward): looking at the logs the fight itself seems like fair escalation. If you don't want bystanders to step in and attack you don't run at peole with pickaxes
[23:46:28]ADMIN: PM: Sirnat/(Nathan Ward)->Jud1c470r/(Adam Pryex): I didnt run at zoey with a pickaxe is the thing though
[23:47:06]ADMIN: PM: Jud1c470r/(Adam Pryex)->Sirnat/(Nathan Ward): you ran at somebody in the room, she decided to help them, totally fine thing to do

BONUS
[23:47:14]SAY: Ghost/Torger597 : Don't wipe Research just cause you didn't get your way either
[23:47:21]SAY: Ghost/Sirnat : I will, lol.
[23:47:34]SAY: Ghost/Sirnat : If the fight escelates that is

(ROUND ENDS [23:47:58]ACCESS: Logout: Sirnat[DC]/(Nathan Ward))

I'm more than willing to change this to a greytide ban if you want since you've stated you're going to keep destroying science in the future if they dont give you stuff.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132582

Now you're putting words in my mouth, saying im going to keep destroying science in the future.

I said if the fight escalates, AKA if im about to die, have been put in crit by the scientist/RD doing rnd im going to wipe their work as a final punch in the gut to them.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #132583

You can't destroy 40 minutes worth of work/an entire department as a "final punch to the gut" after you break into it to steal things and attack people.

And Zoey killed you defending Lane three minutes afterwards after you went back in so it wasnt some desperate "final" stand either.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132588

I quite honestly don't see why you're making this a big deal.

I got killed by lane and Zoey, ahelped because I wasn't 100% sure on the policy on the fact of people jumping into fights randomly.

I didn't ask for anyone to be banned, or ask for her to be punished at all.

I probably shouldn't have deleted the research, I could understand it being a huge deal if the round was expected to go on longer but the shuttle was leaving in 1 minute.
Yeah, I greytide a lot, but here recently i've toned it down and began doing some actual jobs. When I go as assistant, and see a room full of people printing things in the protolathe with the scientist not saying anything to them I assume its open season since the shuttle was coming.

I wasn't entitled to the implants, but that doesn't really matter, I saw it being fair game since the round was 99.99% over with, and there was no more research even being done. He had plenty of materials that a implant and a implanter didn't cost much at all..

I fucked up this time around for ahelping about the policy, and it being assumed I was trying to get someone banned when I really wasn't, if I wanted her banned I would've been alot more heated talking to judicator.

Just a full day ban for deleting research in an escalated fight, and me being assumed i was ''ban baiting'' for asking about if people can jump into fights like that is wierd.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #132609

sirnat wrote:I quite honestly don't see why you're making this a big deal.
You trespassed in science, tried to get shit which you are in no way entitled to, were surprised when they got physical, and then wiped all of their hard work.

YOU started this fight by trespassing.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #132618

I played secborg earlier today and I stunned and cuffed this guy for pickaxing someone who was fleeing from him. I drag him in the other room and begin to uncuff him as I was just trying to separate them and he is instantly screaming that I am rogue over the radio.

Not a good player.

Edit: This was during that same round too.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #132619

Going on past history, I know Sirnat has been banned for doing things like this in the past. What comes to mind is him fireaxing into botany and murdering the botanist there for little to no reason.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132624

DrPillzRedux wrote:I played secborg earlier today and I stunned and cuffed this guy for pickaxing someone who was fleeing from him. I drag him in the other room and begin to uncuff him as I was just trying to separate them and he is instantly screaming that I am rogue over the radio.

Not a good player.

Edit: This was during that same round too.

You took me into the library acting shady and not saying anything you immediatly stun me when he yells for help, you didn't see me attack him. I was chasing him down because he had put someone in near crit status with that pickaxe for taking laser tag equipment. I called you for being rogue because of that, but as soon as you uncuffed me/started to I yelled over radio you wern't.

And yeah I did ahammer but it isn't bannable for breaking into departments and stealing things now is it. I didn't start the actual combat until he came at me.

>murdering the botanist for little to no reason
You should really get your facts straight before posting. That fight wound up being a hatchet throw between me and the botanist and we both put each other in crit. I don't remember everything but that was something to do with because I had broken 1-2 windows as the clown and went in punching thm with boxing gloves doing no brute, then they began hatcheting me so in return I used my fire axe to protect myself from being killed and was leaving til it turned into them throwing a hatchet at me around near crit, so I threw it back and hit them sending them into crit.
Montyblancs
Byond Username: Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #132647

sirnat wrote: >murdering the botanist for little to no reason
You should really get your facts straight before posting. That fight wound up being a hatchet throw between me and the botanist and we both put each other in crit. I don't remember everything but that was something to do with because I had broken 1-2 windows as the clown and went in punching thm with boxing gloves doing no brute, then they began hatcheting me so in return I used my fire axe to protect myself from being killed and was leaving til it turned into them throwing a hatchet at me around near crit, so I threw it back and hit them sending them into crit.
Aformentioned botanist here, don't mean to derail but just to clarify, because these two cases are very similar:

Sirnat as an Assistant smashes his way into botany with a fire axe without saying anything. In the request thread he noted that this was to get a water tank, of which there are several of them in the station. He punches me with a boxing glove, and I had assumed he was attacking me, so I strike back. Instead of leaving the department he doesn't have access to, he starts attacking me with the axe, justifying the event because it spilled out into the hallway and because 'I started it.'

The general policy as far as I can tell is that if you're trespassing and you're not an antag, you are not allowed to injure the staff, regardless of circumstance.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #132701

sirnat wrote:ou didn't see me attack him.
Actually I did see you attack him. You were throwing your pickaxe at him.
sirnat wrote:You took me into the library acting shady and not saying anything
The area you were chasing him into was depressurized from a bomb and without air so I dragged you to an area that wouldn't harm you first.

Given your history I'm surprised you aren't rule 0'd by now.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #132710

The logs don't look like a general policy question, and screwing with people's departments so that you can try to kill them when they 'escalate' by trying to throw you out reeks of killbaiting. Ban seems fine to me.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132713

And yet Chesh you always shitpost on any ban appeal you can catch of mine, yet again.

Pillz:
And I said over comms, "Nevermind on that, he aint rogue." that there was me realizing it was a mistake.

Loller:
I wasn't trying to screw with him, I was simply making a implant then leaving since it everyone else was inside making things, I wasn't trying to make there be a fight honestly.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #132728

sirnat wrote:
Loller:
I wasn't trying to screw with him, I was simply making a implant then leaving since it everyone else was inside making things, I wasn't trying to make there be a fight honestly.
Have you ever tried asking for the implant?
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #132738

Yknow, I would honestly but when the shuttle is there and theres already a crowd getting things it was seen as one of those moments end round where people just print what they want for end round shenanigans or however its spelt.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #132950

Given your note history is pretty much entirely for greytide/killbaiting/lying to admins, the fact that you said you'd keep doing this in deadchat, and the inability to even fake remorse you're assistant banned now.

Assistant ban will be lifted once you spend time in real jobs and contribute something instead of being a marauder.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #133015

Funny thing is I don't just play assistant, I play assistant every now and then when I don't want to play seriously.

I play virology (I've been the reason many blob rounds have been won by the staff because of it)
Med doctor
Chemist
Engineer
Security
Janitor

Assistant banning is useless honestly and upping a ban to make it a assistant ban is pointless since the ban was over yesterday.
Many jobs can be used as assistant, and the only time I ever played the job was when I didn't want to take any job seriously.

:Edit:
the inability to even fake remorse you're assistant banned now.

"The inability to even fake remorse" You act as if I did something so major that I should feel bad about it, its a /game/. I didn't murder anyone in real life, I didn't destroy anyone's life so why should I feel remorseful over resetting some RND research 1 minute before round ends.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #133028

Because if you're banned (as in punished) for doing something, generally it's seen that unless you show remorse the punishment hasn't worked and you would just do it again.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133031

You should probably stop while you're ahead, sirnat.

Last person that pulled the "I can just be a shitter as any other job" took a permaban instead.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #133037

I wasn't meaning that Saeg, I can see how I typed it can now be seen as that reading it over. Thats not what I was meaning at all, and I hope no one really thinks I'd risk a perma just shitting as another job.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133038

Just figured i'd let you know. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #133039

I appreciate it, so is it time to close this appeal? Since le bans over.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #133171

sirnat wrote:its a /game/. I didn't murder anyone in real life, I didn't destroy anyone's life so why should I feel remorseful
If its all just a game and the actions dont matter why do you consistently try to get people banned, often after you've attacked them?

Hell in the same round this thread is about you reported a guy for welderbombing despite it not involving you at all.

You're very keen on the rules when you can use them to ruin someone elses time.