Fallout 4 - It's Happening

Talk about video games here
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: Fallout 4 - It's Happening

Post by Takeguru » #134127

Bottom post of the previous page:

Drynwyn wrote:
Takeguru wrote:Combat rifle is probably going to be anybody specced into rifleman's go to weapon.

Don't give it an automatic receiver and it uses that .45 ammo to great effect.

I want more settlement building options.

It's 210~ years after the bombs dropped, there's no excuse to making everything out of scrap still
>combat rifle

I'm using a laser rifle, a modded to hell hunting rifle, and a combat shotgun. Lategame, fusion cells are easier to get than .45 ammo.
I'm mid 30s and I get more 45 than fusion cells

Raiders use combat rifles all the time for me.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #134128

Takeguru wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
Takeguru wrote:Combat rifle is probably going to be anybody specced into rifleman's go to weapon.

Don't give it an automatic receiver and it uses that .45 ammo to great effect.

I want more settlement building options.

It's 210~ years after the bombs dropped, there's no excuse to making everything out of scrap still
>combat rifle

I'm using a laser rifle, a modded to hell hunting rifle, and a combat shotgun. Lategame, fusion cells are easier to get than .45 ammo.
I'm mid 30s and I get more 45 than fusion cells

Raiders use combat rifles all the time for me.
I suppose it depends on faction choice- I went with a faction that has me fighting BoS and Synths more often than raiders, so loadsafusioncells.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #134205

This is That Guy In D&D levels of retarded backstory
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #134237

retarded backstory is the best part of fallout though
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Arty
Byond Username: Cheremenin

Post by Arty » #134261

http://i.imgur.com/vanjZDa.jpg

(can't post pic 2 big)
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #134266

People have been saying how hard or unusable Power Armour is due to the Fusion Core availability.

In my experience I've found little problems, I'm on Level 25 and I've got 38 Fusion Core's fully charged, thanks to indepth exploration, as well as two levels in the Tier 9 Science perk that essentially works to give me significantly more power time out of the fusion cores.

I've also started setting up a nice little workshop in Sanctuary to store all my excess Power Armour suits.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #134271

Joining the BoS solves that issue too.

You can loot the Pyrdwen for assloads of cores and no one cares, and you can buy them for 400 caps a piece.

Now, using a gatling laser and power armor will eat through your cores.
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #134458

Sentry bots are also a source of cores, if you can manage to kill em.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #134469

Takeguru wrote: It's 210~ years after the bombs dropped, there's no excuse to making everything out of scrap still
I don't expect things to look pristine but it always bothered me that there are papers/trash from before the war still littering the floor of settlements.

You'd think they'd have swept the floor at least once in the past two centuries.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #134578

Nuclear physicist is actually really dangerous at rank 3 if you're not careful.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #134656

I feel like Fallout 4, and 3, really were meant to take place not long after the Nuclear War, but since Bethesda want Super Mutants, Ghouls, Enclave tech and whatever that they push the game 200+ years later.

There is no way in hell that 200 years after the bombs fell that there are still no coherent Governments or large scale civilizations on the east coast, nor why everyone seems fine living in absolute squalor. It seems no one seemed dammed to sweep the streets they live in.

Organizations akin to the NCR, Ceaser's Legion or Mr House should be more wide spread by this point, instead all we have are the Brotherhood of Steel (which are not even native to this area), some sekrit organization and a bunch of small towns.

The game feels like it should be taking place mere decades after the war, not century's.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #134680

Steelpoint wrote:I feel like Fallout 4, and 3, really were meant to take place not long after the Nuclear War, but since Bethesda want Super Mutants, Ghouls, Enclave tech and whatever that they push the game 200+ years later.

There is no way in hell that 200 years after the bombs fell that there are still no coherent Governments or large scale civilizations on the east coast, nor why everyone seems fine living in absolute squalor. It seems no one seemed dammed to sweep the streets they live in.

Organizations akin to the NCR, Ceaser's Legion or Mr House should be more wide spread by this point, instead all we have are the Brotherhood of Steel (which are not even native to this area), some sekrit organization and a bunch of small towns.

The game feels like it should be taking place mere decades after the war, not century's.
Do bear in mind that this is explicitly an unstable period. A decade back, and the Minutemen were a serious and well-organized force capable of enforcing laws and not unlike the NCR. It's not too far-fetched that an area could be thrown into turmoil following a collapse of one of it's major institutions.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #134683

I don't see much indication that the Minutemen weren't even close to the current NCR. At best they were a law enforcement force, something akin to UN Peacekeepers or whatever.

After 200 years and all you have to show for it is a loose coalition of towns who support a organization that's beaten by a force of Mirelurks, that really stretches my suspension of disbelief, not to mention it is impossible that no real organized government, nation or coalition would exist after 200 years that goes beyond a single small city that can't even be asked to clean up the damn streets after several hundred years.

Not to mention that the same force that defeats the awe inspiring minutemen is easily defeated by five people, three of whom are not even dressed for the occasion.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #134738

Fallout likes to have a loose story it seems, I think it stopped making sense linear wise after fallout 3. The only hint of that is because that tree guy was a NPC in a previous fallout. And unless the worlds pop got reduced to a fraction that would be the only reason why no official government has been formed over the span of 200 years. I mean shit, the british had control of the entire east coast of the US back in the 1700s IIRC and it didn't take them more than 100 years. Goat teeth bastards had to use wooden boats and eat each other during winter, fallout 4 has technology!
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #134743

there is no government because that would completely ruin the fallout formula
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #134749

I'm not going to lie, I don't play Fallout for its deep and realistic depictions of alternate history.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #134756

Spoilers for the BoS Endgame
Spoiler:
Building the teleporter: Kind of pointless. Felt like an excuse to push the settlement thing, but they give you 95% of the parts anyway so ???
Liberty Prime: Mah nigga, even if he likes to spike nukes into friendlies.
Institute assault: Pretty cool, I'm now swimming in more fusion cells than I'll ever need
Killing Danse because my cha was low: FUCK
Nuked the everloving fuck out of Fake-Shaun at the end of it all. Remove Synth Remove Synth
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #134877

To be fair, the pop culture references were mostly rare easter eggs you could stumble upon in the wasteland. Hmm, now i gotta reinstal FO2 and beat it again
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #134933

Top-tier weapons seem to be

Rifleman = Gauss Rifle or Plasma Sniper. Gauss Rifle works better if you are sneaky snipermans and want to use a silencer. Plasma works better if you just want to spam a fuckton of VATS shots into people.
Automatics = Automatic Combat Shotgun or Assault Rifle. CHOOM CHOOM CHOOM HERE COMES THE DEATH TRAIN. Assault Rifle works better if you just want one gun to do everything with, though.
Gunslinger = Plasma Pistol. There's an easter-egg gun you can also get that is decent but the Plasma Pistol is still king. There's a unique (as in, it also has its own unique model too) silenced 10mm you get during a certain faction's story that may work better for you if you're going 100% stealth crits.
Unarmed = Deathclaw Gauntlet or souped up power-armor punches.
Melee = Super Sledge or Combat Knife. I just fucking shanked a Deathclaw in two stabs with a Combat Knife because of Ninja perk. 10x damage on a weapon that also does bonus damage on stealth crits is no-fuckin'-joke.
Explosives = Who the fuck plays a dedicated explosives build come on. Go make Plasma Grenades and kill your companion characters and yourself constantly sounds like a great time.

Stealth + Ninja is fucking god-tier though. Clear out entire vaults full of assholes butt-naked with a combat knife. Kill giant beasts with just a blade and no fucks.

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #134935

Stealth crits you hope for a decent modifier to drop on a bolt action pipe gun.

Then you give it a .50 receiver and you have a fiddy caliber hand cannon that melts shit on a crit

Works good in VATS or just standard sneaky shooty because you can suppress it

The character I beat the BoS line through got a super sledge with +25% damage

Junkie is a great legendary drop on melee weapons because melee meshes really well with going ham on chems
There's also a questline you can follow that gives you infinite amounts of a "chem" that gives a constant -10 rads and +5 Str if you choose the "evil" path, couple that with power armor and you can literally have 20 STR
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #134936

Something I always hated about Fallout is that SPECIAL stats were capped out at 10, so if you ever maxed any having equipment/perks that increased them at all were a massive waste. I'm glad that got changed.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #134959

Zilenan91 wrote:Something I always hated about Fallout is that SPECIAL stats were capped out at 10, so if you ever maxed any having equipment/perks that increased them at all were a massive waste. I'm glad that got changed.
Yeah the first time I went to my stats page and saw I was up at like 14 STR in my power armor was a pleasant surprise.
Stomping around in power armor stacking STR boosts and wacking shit with a Super Sledge is STRONK.

My go-to stealth weapons are a silenced Gauss rifle and a combat knife (with stealth knife mod) right now. Shit gets wacky when you are backstabbing Protectrons so hard their legs pop off and go flying. The only thing I've had to stab twice so far was the Deathclaw in the above pic, but you can queue up VATS hits multiple times and get the stealth crit on each one so just stealth prison-shank the shit out of stuff. Can't wait to find a Securatron and see how many stabs that takes to kill. Or god forbid, stealth punches.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #135004

An0n3 wrote: you can queue up VATS hits multiple times and get the stealth crit on each one
If you have Blitz, you can do this to several people in one VATS flurry. It's an amazing feeling to burst from the shadows and slit five throats in one smooth VATS attack.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #135038

#synthlivesmatter

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #135085

Goddamn I love punching people to death with my puncturing knuckles.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Arty

Post by Arty » #135343

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #135748

"Armorer is essentally mandatory for everyone"

I've spent almost all of the game in "full body" outfits like Courser/Silver Shroud/Minuteman General/Upgraded Silver Shroud.

Makes inventory switching (primarily to Charisma for bartering/speech checks) super easy and provides enough armor that I don't really see the need for stacking any more. There are some fun legendary armors I've seen but they're all 15k+ credits so I don't see the need for leveling armorer unless you're just going for unkillable god-tier status late game.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #135784

Oldman Robustin wrote:"Armorer is essentally mandatory for everyone"

I've spent almost all of the game in "full body" outfits like Courser/Silver Shroud/Minuteman General/Upgraded Silver Shroud.

Makes inventory switching (primarily to Charisma for bartering/speech checks) super easy and provides enough armor that I don't really see the need for stacking any more. There are some fun legendary armors I've seen but they're all 15k+ credits so I don't see the need for leveling armorer unless you're just going for unkillable god-tier status late game.
You need Armorer for all the cool power armor upgrades even if you are wearing outfits, though.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #135834

Armorer is also needed for the Railroad's ballistic mesh upgrades to clothing.

Last I recall, the Courser Outfit could be upgraded with them and it's the best single piece armor in game afterwards
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #135840

Takeguru wrote:Armorer is also needed for the Railroad's ballistic mesh upgrades to clothing.

Last I recall, the Courser Outfit could be upgraded with them and it's the best single piece armor in game afterwards
shhhh don't give away the secret

Also it's not just the best single piece armor. For sheer armor value, it beats any other possible configuration (barring power armor obviously.)

However, you lose out on possible bonus effects like Padded, Shadowed, Muffled, Sleek, etc, some of which can be good. It depends on your taste.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #135857

Shit-tier:

Brotherhood of Steel

Slightly-less-shit-tier-but-still-pretty-shit-tier:

The Institute

The-only-real-choice-tier:

Railroad
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #135865

An0n3 wrote:Shit-tier:

Brotherhood of Steel

Slightly-less-shit-tier-but-still-pretty-shit-tier:

The Institute

The-only-real-choice-tier:

Railroad
Preach it, brother.

Addendum:

How-fucking-unoriginal-are-you-did-you-even-pay-attention-tier: Minutemen
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #135867

"I-thought-you-guys-were-just-a-sidequest-holy-shit-you-actually-count-as-a-real-faction-for-the-story-tier"

The Brotherhood are just so amazingly shit. Like catastrophically shit. I'm glad they've pushed them back to the xenophobic asshole military though, more like the FO1 and FO2 days.

But seriously like you
Spoiler:
have to fucking argue with Danse not to shoot him in the face because he's so goddamn indoctrinated by their bullshit but he also is too much of a pussy to just shoot himself. I actually ended up shooting him in his dumb fucking face because I got so fed up with arguing with him over how I didn't want to shoot him in the face.
and even after you've done all this shit for them all you get
Spoiler:
is a fucking jetpack, which you can just make for yourself anyway if you have gotten the Armorer and Science perks like a good boy should.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #135878

Isn't there an implication somewhere along the way that
Spoiler:
The commonwealth and east coast are still shitty because the Institute was somehow able to pay attention to the rise of the NCR over on the west coast, and their defeat of the Brotherhood and later Enclave, which lead them to purposely sabotage any attempt at a large scale goverment near their home turf so no nation could rise that would be strong enough to oppose them?

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #135885

Pretty much, yeah
Spoiler:
Preston brings it up. He mentions that all the major settlements convened, and the Institute decided to crash the party because they're scared of a real threat coming in.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #135905

It's definitely a retcon, but hell if it doesn't make sense.
Spoiler:
I mean I figure they just didn't care in FO3 cuz they wanted the feel of FO1
Retcons aren't always bad.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #135919

Fallout will never have a happy ending

All happy endings will either break down eventually or be retcon'd out of existence

Why? If there are happy endings there won't be a chaotic wasteland any more, so no more Fallout games

And that just can't be allowed
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #135927

I have created a Laser Gatling for use in doing Railroad stuff.

I have dubbed said Laser Gatling the "Categorical Imperative".
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #135934

More like the Catgirl Penetrative
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #136721

An0n3 wrote:"I-thought-you-guys-were-just-a-sidequest-holy-shit-you-actually-count-as-a-real-faction-for-the-story-tier"
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #137931

This is a bad game not even worth getting for free imo.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #137961

Mods will fix it.

And the gameplay itself is fine, it's just the story that's retarded.
Arty

Post by Arty » #137986

1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #137994

Takeguru wrote:Mods will fix it.

And the gameplay itself is fine, it's just the story that's retarded.
It's going to take a lot of mods to fix terrible character generation options, awful crafting system, ugly art direction, worthless dialogue wheel (YES/NO/"SARCASTIC"/TELL ME MORE), and all of the horrible writing.

In fact the only mod that could save it is the "Obsidian-made Spinoff/Sequel" mod, and even then that's a stretch given how absolutely fucked the system changes Bethesda made are.

The shooting is better, sure, but practically everything else is worse, or a half-assed implementation of a new idea.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #137996

There's already a mod that fixes the dialogue wheel.
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #138003

Jacquerel wrote:There's already a mod that fixes the dialogue wheel.
It fixes the wheel by letting you see all four of the near-pointless choices Bethesda gives you, and mercifully makes it so that you see the lines in full rather than the awful vague descriptors Bethesda put in.

It doesn't fix there being only four options to any given conversation or that those options often follow the yes/no/sarcastic/more info format, or worse "i will help/i dont want to help but i will anyways/pay me and ill help/you should help yourself but ill help this one time"
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #140830

Necro for keks
Spoiler:
Image I'm naming this thing "Physical Irony".
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #141358

Takeguru wrote:Mods will fix it.

And the gameplay itself is fine, it's just the progression that's retarded.
fixed that for you

although, unsuprisingly, the robots surrounding claudia christian sound more human than claudia christian, which is definitely a low point for one of the only two affable factions
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #142210

I like building bases.
http://imgur.com/a/moXwE
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #149127

when is
geck

mods already make the game playable
and dare i say it
fun!

so give us the geck so i can get motivated to finish it
IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #149352

amen

i've never burned out harder, except for maybe just cause 3 (i spent well over five hundred hours on jc2)