cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Talk about video games here
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Re: cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Post by Drynwyn » #137126

Bottom post of the previous page:

TheWiznard wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:I am tempted to be a disgusting autist now and start as female.
Get plate mail.
Get the Fish mutation.

Yeeeah...
What RU doing here ssssir
you can also get a a spear
if you don't do this i'm making this happen
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137127

Will start as soon as I'm out of tai chi today.

Which will be in six hours at worst.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137153

I'll go muffet mode as soon as I figure out a way to get some storage volume without torso items. Already have the compound eyes and the web spinning.

(I can grow extra arms as a post threshold spider but they prevent me from wearing torso items- at least, they do in the early stages. Might not once they become coordinated.)
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #137178

There's a CBM that gives you a free 20.

Internal Storage or something like that.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #137181

TheWiznard wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:I am tempted to be a disgusting autist now and start as female.
Get plate mail.
Get the Fish mutation.

Yeeeah...
what is this a reference to?
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #137185

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:
Get plate mail.
Get the Fish mutation.

Yeeeah...
blundertale
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137303

Turns out that once you max out the arachnid limbs, you can wear torso stuff again, which is nice. I'm gonna brew a whole bunch of spider mutagen and down it all at once in the hopes of getting it all done at once.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137305

Bleergh, giant human spider hybrid. You used to be a cool cyborg chick, how could you do that to yourself?

Also what color do you imagine her fur is?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137311

Wyzack wrote:Bleergh, giant human spider hybrid. You used to be a cool cyborg chick, how could you do that to yourself?

Also what color do you imagine her fur is?
I'm actually running two games in parallel, one with the cool cyborg chick, who's been working on a cat,and one with the human-spider hybrid, who's been working on becoming a human-spider hybrid. (I duplicated my save file before I started doing mutagenic stuff.) If more writing occurs (it probably will), it will be about the non-mutated character for the forseeable future.

That said I imagine it as blue-grey, like this dude (spoilered because some people get freaked out by spiders).
Spoiler:

Additional note about the cyborg implants: I read the description for protective lenses. It states that "Protective lenses have been grafted over your eyes, and your tear ducts have been redirected to your mouth. When you cry, you must spit or swallow your tears."

"When you cry, you must spit or swallow your tears."

that's a little creepy.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137321

My current character is a redux of my badass full lizard mutant, but in a world with super hard settings. I imagine him looking kinda like The Lizard from the old spiderman cartoons, but in a leather trenchcoat and sunglasses. He chain smokes cigarettes and has a few helpful bionics such as a toolset and glare compensators.

I found a sweet RV that just needed wheels, and managed to hold off the zeds long enough to replace enough wheels to get it moving. Currently travelling with 3 NPCs i recruited, just cleared out a mansion in a remote location. Found an armorsmithing and weaponsmithing book, and salvaged enough electronic parts to make my own electric forge. The plan is to scrap a car to build all the necessary tools such as an anvil and stuff, and then craft a bunch of badass naginata for my survivor buddies.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137328

Why the fuck didn't they just burn out your tear ducts, anyway.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #137343

TheWiznard wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:
Get plate mail.
Get the Fish mutation.

Yeeeah...
blundertale
oh i haven't played that game i've just heard everyone compare hedwig algebra to the yellow dinosaur
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137347

Alphys is literally Professor Frink: The Lizard.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137371

DemonFiren wrote:Why the fuck didn't they just burn out your tear ducts, anyway.
Because a scientist in the bionics company has a really sick fetish.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137376

Fetishist scientists.

[youtube]HmoNaTSXPMA[/youtube]
Spoiler:
Suddenly mutagen makes a lot more sense.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137407

Fucking furries/scalies caused the cataclysm by fucking with interdimensional bullshit to make irl catgrills

Also i am kind of sad Egoraptor is never going to finish girlchan 4
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137409

I drank a gallon of spider mutagen and managed to get coordinated arachnid arms.

I also have Cooking 11, appropriately enough.

However the NPC's don't want to talk to me to buy my baked goods

so i ate them
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #137410

DemonFiren wrote:Alphys is literally Professor Frink: The Lizard.
hedy came first pay me undertale guy
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137433

Pics or it didn't happen.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137440

My lizard is now a master smith. He is also fuggin ripped, and was able to drag a busted up VW Beetle to my mansion and smash it to pieces with a sledgehammer. Turning this shitty car into metalsmithing tools and traditional japanese weapons and armor for my crew. Once we are geared up we are gonna go on a rampage in the nearby big city and see how much damage we can do
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137443

>shitty

How DARE you call that car shitty.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137463

Is there a way to use the debug command to kill something? I ask because an NPC has spawned who keeps causing crashes whenever I get close enough to trigger his dialogue.

EDIT: Aaaand there is a clearly labelled "kill NPC's" option. DISREGARD ABOVE QUESTION I SUCK COCKS.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #137508

Drynwyn wrote:Is there a way to use the debug command to kill something? I ask because an NPC has spawned who keeps causing crashes whenever I get close enough to trigger his dialogue.

EDIT: Aaaand there is a clearly labelled "kill NPC's" option. DISREGARD ABOVE QUESTION I SUCK COCKS.
ur a dope :)
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137530

Found a nice small town. Big horde in the middle but no hulks. Figured i could clear em out and make it my base. Saw fungaloids, with a bloom in the distance. Kinda sucked. Decided i was not gonna put up with their bullshit. Trekked back to the missle silo i found and blew a military ID cracking it open. Got all the sweet loot. Hacked the console. Nuked the fungal bloom. GG fungus motherfuckers, humans win

Or i guess posthuman lizard cyborgs
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #137535

Wyzack wrote:Found a nice small town. Big horde in the middle but no hulks. Figured i could clear em out and make it my base. Saw fungaloids, with a bloom in the distance. Kinda sucked. Decided i was not gonna put up with their bullshit. Trekked back to the missle silo i found and blew a military ID cracking it open. Got all the sweet loot. Hacked the console. Nuked the fungal bloom. GG fungus motherfuckers, humans win

Or i guess posthuman lizard cyborgs
the first time I found one of those silos and hacked the pc and it brought up a map screen I was like
"yeeeaaaaahhh booooiii : ^^^^^^)))))) "

proceeded to nuke one of the giant office towers in a big 7 city
pretty much ruined the whole center part of that place
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137543

So I've accumulated 1600 bionic power storage on my cyborg lady and a whole shit ton of fun bionics.

Time Dilation, though, is probably my favorite. Activating it immediately drains all your power and gives you free turns (in the form of move points) depending on the amount of power expended. Drop 1600 power, and you get to take around 20 uninterrupted turns worth of stuff in a row.

This lets you do things like sprint up to a turret and smash it with your bare hands before it has time to fire a bullet at you, or take out entire groups of shocker brutes in the blink of an eye. It's amazing (provided you have a way to get a lot of bionic power- ethanol burner + blood filter has worked well for me.)
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #137545

Drynwyn wrote:So I've accumulated 1600 bionic power storage on my cyborg lady and a whole shit ton of fun bionics.

Time Dilation, though, is probably my favorite. Activating it immediately drains all your power and gives you free turns (in the form of move points) depending on the amount of power expended. Drop 1600 power, and you get to take around 20 uninterrupted turns worth of stuff in a row.

This lets you do things like sprint up to a turret and smash it with your bare hands before it has time to fire a bullet at you, or take out entire groups of shocker brutes in the blink of an eye. It's amazing (provided you have a way to get a lot of bionic power- ethanol burner + blood filter has worked well for me.)
are you sure it wasn't dio?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137560

It's a CBM that did that.

Clearly, what we have here is tranny Flash Man.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #138309

I finally started trying out this game. Upped tailoring a bit plus melee and ran with stats around the same.
I keep getting crushed within the first five minutes because I either spawn in a really bad spot or the first place I go to is infested to hell and I can't fight anything with my pocket knife. The one time I managed to kill something I immediately got eaten by a zombie master in a pizza parlor.

Edit: I went as a lumberjack and actually made it into a town before I was killed by a soldier zombie who only took three damage per hit, compared to normal zombies which were taking thirty or so. This game is brutal.
Edit 2: So a pocket knife is sharp enough to butcher but not a woodsman's axe. Right.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #138414

> Build a mobile base.
> Get on the road, ha ha time to explore my first side path.
> Fully-functional MBT with automated turrets behind it.
> Decide to use it as cover and toss an EMP grenade around a corner to disable them. S-surely they can't see me behind a gigantic fucking MBT.
> They shoot straight through the MBT with laser-guiding (HOW, I'M BEHIND A SOLID OBJECT), cutting it in half and killing me in a single turn.
> Ded.

Didn't see that coming. Christ. Fortunately, since I'm so fucking far in I'm savescumming the OHKO deaths away (aka alt-F4 on the ur ded screen). I've seen the foraging phase many-a-time with little issue on most of the starting modes, and very rarely the mid-lategame because of it. Being almost in my third year, fuck it.
Xhuis wrote:I finally started trying out this game. Upped tailoring a bit plus melee and ran with stats around the same.
I keep getting crushed within the first five minutes because I either spawn in a really bad spot or the first place I go to is infested to hell and I can't fight anything with my pocket knife. The one time I managed to kill something I immediately got eaten by a zombie master in a pizza parlor.

Edit: I went as a lumberjack and actually made it into a town before I was killed by a soldier zombie who only took three damage per hit, compared to normal zombies which were taking thirty or so. This game is brutal.
Edit 2: So a pocket knife is sharp enough to butcher but not a woodsman's axe. Right.
Git gud. No seriously, if you aren't playing with wanderspawns/wandering hordes the game isn't that hard. If you are, then it's kinda bullshit earlygame since many of the non-evacuee spawns ARE nigh unwinnable (the burning building one is a great example). Also, if you aren't on the most recent experimental, get it, since it introduces stamina and soforth that lets you escape from many previously unwinnable situations and play a bit riskier.

Protip: stay away from anything but small skirmishes until you have okay melee skills. Stick to night raids, and stick to evacuee until you get shit down. Sheltered survivor may, at first glance, look beneficial, but it comes at a hefty cost - all the zombies start almost entirely evolved, and you start with a 3-season time-elapse so much perishable food is just gone. On top of this, you start in bumfuck nowhere. Not really for new players.

Don't have too much encumberance earlygame (with exception). This slows you down in every facet, and, unless the mobility tradeoff is worth it, don't bother. However, grabbing a full suit of plate early on or other hefty equipment with high armor values (fireman equipment is a good example) allows you to gain nigh immunity to the lesser zombies typically on the fringes of a city, allowing you to train your skills with impunity. Make sure you're layering appropriately with +, so you don't get large encumberance penalties (it read as x + y where x is the base encumbrance and y is the layering encumbrance).

A trunk on a wooden frame is a godsend, wheels or not, and requires minimal skills - seriously, it quads+ your carry capacity and comes in handy. Even with a deathmobile with high storage mid-lategame, it still helps to have a foldable version to tug some extra loot along.

Tailoring is the key to survivial - you want to have every viable layer occupied by at least one object (two only in specific circumstances, e.g. worn rifles), and, since the ingredients you use are essentially ubiquitous, it's very easy to level it early on and gain alot of precious armor and warmth. If an object says it 'layers easily', I believe it means you can wear one extra item before suffering penalties. The layers are: close to skin, normal, outer and strapped, and every bodypart can have one of each without any penalty. Put the armored stuff on the outside and the precious, low armor, or hard-to-repair stuff on the inside.

Butcher every zombie corpse if you can. All zombies resurrect, albeit damaged after a day or so, unless you have the option turned off.

Deactivate skill rust. It's an anti-fun mechanic.

Use every single interesting-looking mod (e.g. arcana, historical weaponry, !GUNS!, vehicle additions, etc.). It's fairly balanced and adds a crapton of stuff.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #138416

You don't need to butcher zombies, you just need to (S)mash them, if you lack an implement to butcher with.

Save any shocker zombie corpses for higher skill levels in butcher, they give free CBMs but at low levels you'll destroy them when you try
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #138418

I prefer to butcher because it will not damage your weapon and does not fatigue you
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #138552

So I forgot that Blood Filter doesn't help with chemical dependency, and now have a serious (-90 morale when craving happens) alcohol addiction due to using loads and loads of alcohol to fuel my bionics.

Between Blood Filter and Ethanol Burner, it hasn't really been an issue, though, so I'm just rolling with it.

EDIT: Also, if you're having trouble starting out, Xhuis, here are my recommendations for not-technically-cheating with a min/maxed character build.

Min/max your traits for 12 starting points by taking Addictive Personality, Forgetful (you turned off skill rust, right?), Insomniac, Heavy Sleeper, and Trigger Happy. None of these will affect you very much at all.

Start with the Razor Boy career path and the Night Vision trait, and spend a point each on Dodging and Unarmed Combat.

You can spend your remaining 4 point on stats to suit your tastes- do note that as a Razor Boy, you start with a dexterity-boosting bionic. If you wish, you can also blow a point on Parkour Expert or Fleet Footed, both of which give you more run-away capabilities (especially helpful if not on the latest experimental).

This setup starts you with some pretty sick combat skills (Melee 2, Unarmed Combat 4, and Dodging 4), an excellent way of dispatching opponents that you can't lose and doesn't break (your bare hands with razor claws are extremely deadly), good armor (Fitted leather jacket and pants plus an armor-enhancing bionic), and protection from everything that can damage your eyes.

It's not the most effective character build, but it's very forgiving for new players, and lets you easily dispatch most enemies you will encounter at the start of the game. (Do avoid shocker zombies, though.)

Your priority for this build should be getting tailoring things, as always, and acquiring a martial arts style from an NPC. (I advise against spending 3 points on one at character creation- too expensive.) If you can get Scorpion Style, once your skills go up, you'll be able to go toe-to-toe with Bio-Operators without a care in the world.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #138588

So, is tai chi of any use at all?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #138702

Generally, martial arts vary from 'blase' to 'kinda useful but gets progressively worse compared to other options mid-lategame'. See http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index. ... rtial_arts for general info, thought most blurbs are very outdated and may or may not be representative of what is in the game currently.

To answer your question, Tai'Chi seems shit for anything but at the verybeginning of the game. A block will decrease damage to zero or very low levels without the perception bonus, and it forces you to keep your hands free to benefit from it. No damage bonus so it's terrible all-around.

Karate seems decent.

Melee weapon styles are good, generally speaking. Eskrima especially, since it works with most early-midgame common equipment. That said, getting it in character creation is another 3 points that you didn't spend on stats, when stats are the sole thing that you can't flatly boost in-game - you can only boost them with bionics or mutations, and even then, it's a flat boost so your stats will still be lower (barring alpha *prime mutations which effectively rounds your stats). Niten-Ichi Ryu is OP as shit if you can get a Rising Sun, nodachi or another grorious nippon sword, since most of them do good damage with moderate CD anyway and the techniques are crazy good (3/5 of them stun for two turns and boost damage by 1.1-2x~).
Drynwyn wrote:So I forgot that Blood Filter doesn't help with chemical dependency, and now have a serious (-90 morale when craving happens) alcohol addiction due to using loads and loads of alcohol to fuel my bionics.
TBH, unless you're abusing the shit out of ZA WARUDO you shouldn't be using anything but glorious solar panels, batteries, and the one that boosts energy whenever you move. Both of which are very easy to come by.

Though, za warudo does make turrets less silly. EMP grenades are a cheap substitute.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #138717

DemonFiren wrote:So, is tai chi of any use at all?
do you do tai chi irl
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #138824

Shamefully, I do.

And it pains me that there are no weapon forms ingame - if we're talking about Yang-style taijiquan alone, then that has forms for the jian (as well as, I suppose, any comparable straight sword), the dao (and any similar curved saber) and the pole or spear.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #138859

I used boxing once on a squid person it did a lot of damage
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #138863

I'm happy to see people still enjoy this.

This game has had a really weird evolution over the last 2-3 years.
If you are feeling ballsy, dig through the menu and enable dynamic spawns on a world.
Enjoy playing the game how our God Whale intended it, when men were men and the stream of FUN was never ending.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #138899

God dammit

I had a great run last night. Full cliche mode: trenchcoat, tekked-up Deagle, fancy shotgun slung on my back, nodachi. Had just looted an electronics store and a library, and knew of two nearby basements, one full of guns, the other survival stuff. Had just killed a jabberwock and managed to be only half-dead.

Then two NPCs were fighting a horde of blobs and it caused the game to overload and crash.

So mad
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #138901

Dude enable autosaves. Saved me so much rage
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #138902

>Playing with NPCs enabled

You brought this upon yourself

Honestly though, I just give myself extra points to take a starting style, just because NPCs are so fucking buggy
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #138923

Hey, sometimes it's handy to have quality loot just deliver itself to you when some fuck with a crossbow tries to mug you when you're wielding a shotgun.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #138936

I find the world seems so empty without dynamic NPCs enabled, partly because of the carnage they cause. Take my current situation for example. Cleared out a small town with my badass operator crocodile man and populated it with NPCs, but it is sandwiched between big cities due to a higher city size. Wander spawns are on so there is always a threat of a bigass horde wandering by
Spoiler:
Was minding my own business crafting my deathmobile when a douchebag NPC smashes through the back window of my house with a katana and threatens my life. Fuck that noise, i draw my own blade and we start fighting. I made a really dumb mistep and accidentally walk through a busted windowframe while trying to hit him. This causes me to take a ton of hits and get badly injured. In a moment of desperation i pull out my Rivtech (tm) short shotgun from it's holster and blow his head clean off. In doing so i sounded the goddamn diner bell. I fix my gear, heal up with some bandages and get some sleep. Next morning (2am ish) I make some eggs and tea for breakfast and do my daily perimeter walk. Fully healed because reptile regeneration. My heart sinks as I see a massive number of blips with my lizard IR vision. A horde is here. I rouse my sleeping NPCs, grab my best weapons and the basic power armor i salvaged and we get to work killing just as the sun comes up. The fighting is brutal, even with all our best guns two of my NPCs are dragged down and killed. In the climax of the battle we were forced to fall back to the barricade and i killed a Hulk with an Autoloading 120mm tank cannon i had salvaged, which was awesome. All said and done i have 3 NPCs of my starting 6 left, and two of them were injured to uselessness from broken bones/getting caught in my tank blast. I think they are gonna pull through though, and i have since recruited another. Did not take any screens of the battle but here is the aftermath
Spoiler:
In all the battle took most of the day, and we were chopping corpses well in to the night. Need to shore up the defences quickly and maybe get some traps, we made a whole fuckload of noise and there is a good chance a second massive horde will come from the north
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #138979

Amelius wrote:Generally, martial arts vary from 'blase' to 'kinda useful but gets progressively worse compared to other options mid-lategame'. See http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index. ... rtial_arts for general info, thought most blurbs are very outdated and may or may not be representative of what is in the game currently.

TBH, unless you're abusing the shit out of ZA WARUDO you shouldn't be using anything but glorious solar panels, batteries, and the one that boosts energy whenever you move. Both of which are very easy to come by.

Though, za warudo does make turrets less silly. EMP grenades are a cheap substitute.
I have solar panels and the *very* useful internal furnace, which lets me turn blankets into a couple hundred energy.

However, I ran through a couple Labs, and needed to use a lot of bionics in a short period of time to clear them out.

And as for martial arts style: Most of them are eh, but Scorpion Style is fantastic. Your crits deal massively increased damage, and automatically stun for three turns. Given the extremely high crit rate of unarmed attacks, this is incredibly good.

Also, unarmed in-general does have late game options- or rather, late game option, singular. The adamantine claws bionic lets you compete with high-end cutting weapons for damage, esp. if combod with a damage-boosting martial art.

The thing is it's impossible to craft, and while it's about as hard to find as any SPECFIC high-end cutting weapon, is much harder to find than any high end cutting weapon at all.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #138980

My favourite combat style is fencing with a good rapier or estoc, but i have no delusions that the grorious nip katana combat style is the best
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #139481

For me this game has turned into harvest moon with occasional zombies. I have a nice fortified homestead now, i have created a few custom vehicles to help me plow and plant a large field right next to it. I battled two armies of the dead just so that i could secure home renovation supplies. Gonna give the whole house nice carpet and a new paintjob, and maybe move on to preparing the next door house for more NPCs to live in. Possibly finish the basement. It is very relaxing
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #139484

Wyzack wrote:For me this game has turned into harvest moon with occasional zombies. I have a nice fortified homestead now, i have created a few custom vehicles to help me plow and plant a large field right next to it. I battled two armies of the dead just so that i could secure home renovation supplies. Gonna give the whole house nice carpet and a new paintjob, and maybe move on to preparing the next door house for more NPCs to live in. Possibly finish the basement. It is very relaxing
you should add turrets and manhacks and robots oh my

I have a stash of fifty inactive manhacks in my base, just in case.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #139486

I actually sort of have. I have a "vehicle" outside that is really just a frame with a barricade and a bunch of mounted guns bolted to it, including a 120mm autoloading tank cannon and a grenade launcher. They need to be manually aimed and fired for now, but i think i can rig up and autotargeting system of some kind for them.

I had to blow all my manhacks to help battle the massive horde earlier. Explosion fucking suck also, my grenadehack did not kill a single zombie
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #139493

Fighting manhacks is the second-worst thing, next to fighting giant wasps.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #139497

They are obscenely difficult to hit in melee but really easy at range, even if you have garbage gun skill. Also they bounce off every time they hit you, so it is usually not too difficult to bait them into a room and close the door
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster