[NikNakFlak]Alfred Gadd Ban evading

Appeals which have been closed.
Gadd

[NikNakFlak]Alfred Gadd Ban evading

Post by Gadd » #13564

Byond account and character name: Gadd
Banning admin: NikNakFlak
Ban reason and length: ban evading/perm?
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 15:57 EST
Your side of the story: Yeah I made an alt account but I don't know why that one was banned. I didn't do anything on it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm not even sure what is going on. I wasn't even trying to bad evade. I haven't been on that account for like a month and it was a one time thing
Last edited by Gadd on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: [NikNakFlak]Alfred Gadd Ban evading

Post by Ikarrus » #13570

It tells you what you've been banned for when you try to log in.

Banned by quarxink for reason:
"Killing a player and logging without explaining himself, please appeal this ban on the forums and explain your actions if you'd like this to be reduced or repealed."

Instead of appealing that you ban evaded by playing on the Gadd key while you were still banned on your alt key.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Gadd

Post by Gadd » #13575

I don't remember killing this dude, and I couldn't have checked because I went back to my main account which is Gadd. I honestly wasn't trying to ban evade and I'll take the ban for killing this person as I probably was being stupid. But I really was not trying to ban evade... I've had my Gadd account for years now... I just don't want to be permabanned.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #13583

Not to mention the Ziggy account hasn't even existed for a month. The same day it was created was the same day it was banned.

And there is this:
Playing constantly on the Gadd account, then suddenly the ziggy account is made on the 31, gets banned, and then playing is resumed on the Gadd account, all while the ziggy account is banned. (The blacked out stuff is IPs and other stuff.) The ziggy account ban doesn't even expire till tomorrow either.
Gadd

Post by Gadd » #13596

I'm not debating that the account isn't mine. It is mine.What I am trying to say is that I had no idea the ziggy account was banned, so in my mind I wasn't ban evading because I didn't know it was banned. The ban reason even says I logged out. I'll take the ban and I'll even be open to being banned for two more weeks since apparently I "ban evaded". I really just don't want to be permabanned because I love playing on the servers.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #13597

The problem is that since the account was made and then banned on the same day and then never gone on again, it seems like it was just used for grief and when it was banned you just resumed your old account. Either way, known or not, it was ban evading. You also have a history of being a fairly bad player to begin with. At this point, I do not think I'm going to lift this.
Gadd

Post by Gadd » #13699

I don't even know why I was banned on the other account, it probably was something stupid and I regret it very much. All I am asking for is anything but a permaban, I'll even agree to having this as a last chance,(aka probation which I saw Jordie is doing) meaning if I get banned again it will be permanent. Please do not give me a permaban, this is my favorite server and the only good one on SS13. Double or even triple the ban, just not a perma please. A second chance is all I ask.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #13812

I talked it over in the bus, and most of them agreed not to let you be un-banned. You have a terrible history, and ban evading was the last straw. Any headmin or game admin can over-turn this, but I will not be lifting it. You may appeal this again sometime in the future however.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #13824

Why was there a second account in the first place?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Gadd

Post by Gadd » #13937

I will appeal in the future. Thank you for your time.