Left 4 Dead Warhammer Fantasy Edition (Vermintide)

Talk about video games here
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: Left 4 Dead Warhammer Fantasy Edition (Vermintide)

Post by Takeguru » #134148

Bottom post of the previous page:

It uninstalled itself from my steam library and now I cannot be assed to reinstall it.

Fuck everything

6 hours is their estimated time.

It's likely to take more because my wireless card may be on it's way out and I can't run an ethernet cable in this house

Okay nevermind I still had the files it was just greyed out because ???
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #134197

Steam fucked up, it forgot it had it installed
Somehow
Trying to reinstal should lead to steam going "Huh, I have this already"

Also, anyone up for a bit of this? New patch soon but that's going to be a while
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #134199

I'm game whenever, but generally like, 9PM+ PST
I'm shit and have bad gear for now, so I'm only doing hard for the time being

Steam thing:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013255659/

Oh, and the freeDLC is slated for the 3rd, I believe.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #137217

>Finally this fucking shitty internet has been fixed!
>Now I'll be able to give the emperor's mercy to all those rats without disconnects every so often.
>Welp, looks like everyone wanna be Witch Hunter or the filthy elf, time to be a DWARF.
>Holy shit, did I just kill more than half of one patrol by myself?
>Fucking pansies are trying to take down one of them between the three of them, meanwhile I'm putting my axe where it belongs, inside some innards, somehow decapitating tons of rats while being the midget of the team.
>An ogre rat? Let's tank that motherfucker.
>Is EVERYONE down in the final part? Pansies, that's what they are, chug down an strength potion, slash away and save that pointy eared condom barely an instant before she dies.

Holy shit, I'm sold, I'm going dorf all the way, who cares about bullets when all about you is badass and the rats cannot do anything to stop you?
That being said, I'm incredibly rusty, I used to be able to kill a smoker before it was able to stun me with it's grab (I get grabbed, turned around, blast the thing) or avoid getting normal hits from the mob in L4D2, now I gotta time my attacks correctly, because the dwarf is quite slow, and getting mobbed isn't fun.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137241

I like witch hunter most but the dwarf is definitely better
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #137262

I actually got around to finishing all maps on cata last week. Now when I host all the filthy elves and dorfs can see I'm a real lad. I already have good exotics for every character so I'm just waiting for the DLC. I'll be able to make all my legendary weapons pretty much right away.

Also my new soundcard really brought this game to life. Surround sound speakers work way better with this now and even the music utilizes it to further spook you.

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #137289

I haven't been playing much.

I'm still trying to get everything done on hard, and all my blues are elfshit because RNG has a way of shitting on me.

Also, pubs can't seem to handle well defense on hard.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137300

Pubs can't handle shit.

I've been playing fallout 4, Undertale, and Cataclysm lately, but I still have room in my heart for this in the near future.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #137388

I actually did half my cata maps with 2 pubs. If you find people who barely get hit in hard you can do NM then cata. It's just about not taking damage.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137411

DrPillzRedux wrote:I actually did half my cata maps with 2 pubs. If you find people who barely get hit in hard you can do NM then cata. It's just about not taking damage.
Finding those people is hard af

Effective coordination is easier to achieve for most people than never getting hit, and will still see you through Cataclysm even if your moment-to-moment combat is less than perfect. (Obviously, you still have to be competent, but coordination reduces the need for consistently perfect combat.)
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #137412

I should probably make a tactic guide or something but it really comes down to very simple things.

Diamond formation with people watching their sides

Gathering in an area that forces the rats into a funnel like a doorway

Knowing how to dodge ogre stomp and block the swing

Abusing your pushes while going through your combo and dodging backwards to get out of being surrounded

Watching one anothers backs by pushing rats

a correct post by pillz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137415

To add to that:

Have a designated sniper to drop specials after they get pinged (Any of the characters can actually do this- Waywatcher with a longbow and good aim/Trueflight bow, WH with a crossbow, Dwarf with a handgun, soldier with a harquebuss, BW with a Bolt staff. Dwarf and Soldier are the best at it and sacrifice the least to be good at it, though.)

Don't compete for special kills, let the person who can handle it best (both in terms of gear and current positioning) deal with it (Far too often in pubs I see people break off from the group to try and get DEM SPESHUL KILLZ).

Coordinate your group's trinkets with your behavior- if one person has a pickled fish and the Dove of Shallya, let them pick up medical kits and use them on other people, give potions to people with global potion trinkets, etc, etc.
XSI

Post by XSI » #137422

I could only barely play this because my laptop just couldn't handle it

But new PC soon so I might play

Update soon too
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #137425

This game is far more CPU heavy than GPU. Devs goofed and designed combat so that only 5 rats can be attacking you at a single time, so the game is constantly checking to see which rats are.

a correct post by pillz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137452

Just got Mordheim city of the damed, so it is probably gonna be my warham fantasy fix for a time
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #137902

Patch notes are out. Update soon.

[youtube]56OGJrTkxgc[/youtube]
Feature Changes
– Added Shrine of Solace to Red Moon Inn (Unlocks at level 5)
– Added Page 1 of 3 to Shrine of Solace: PRAY – Spend Tokens to acquire loot
(More coming soon!)
– Added New Weapon Tier: Veteran – Each Veteran weapon is unique and can only be obtained once. Their traits can only roll perfectly.
– Added 40 Veteran Weapons

– Forge 2.0
Alongside the new shrine, our beloved Forge is also receiving a number of changes in 1.1:
‣ Tokens can now be spent in place of items whilst Fusing an item
‣ Exotic weapons can now be salvaged
‣ Trinkets can now be salvaged
‣ Hats can now be salvaged

– Reworked Tokens
Tokens have been significantly reworked in 1.1 and will now be far more valuable than before.
‣ Increased amount of tokens received for salvaging items
‣ Increased trait upgrade costs
‣ Tokens are now rewarded upon mission defeat if the party progressed sufficiently
‣ Tokens can now be used to Pray for items in the Shrine of Sigmar and replace items whilst Fusing in the Forge

a correct post by pillz
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #138679

So I completed the campaign, and decided to go hard, because I already felt I was good enough with the dorf. Things were mostly lucky the first session, with dudes who knew how to block and dodge, and actually avoided stormvermin patrols.

In my second session there was this lv6 elf, though.
I think it was a buddy of the host, because the elf was always silent, always hogging the potions (and was like the bots, drinking the moment she hit 50% health) always getting mobbed and so on, but the host never told her to get her shit together. There are ok players, there are bad players, and then, there are players who tackle hard in a game that can win against you in normal, without even knowing the basics of a game like this (Come on, I'm sure there are a lot fo L4D vets in here, who know how to stay together, or when is a good moment to heal.)
I had my doubts about grabbing the grimoires, I was right, but then I only got a green for my problems.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #138682

Play some cata and hard becomes the new normal, normal becomes easy, and easy becomes how the fucm did you die on this.

a correct post by pillz
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #138686

DrPillzRedux wrote:Play some cata and hard becomes the new normal, normal becomes easy, and easy becomes how the fucm did you die on this.
gimme time to grab some blues at least, seriously I use a green warhammer, a green gun, and my trinkets suck
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #138689

You can do nightmare with greens as I've learned. Just need to git gud at block dodge spam.

a correct post by pillz
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #138698

DrPillzRedux wrote:You can do nightmare with greens as I've learned. Just need to git gud at block dodge spam.
That's what I'm doing right now, getting good at blocking the mobs, and trying to do an ogre without getting hit. The stormvermin where already easy with the warhammer (the normal attack stuns them, so they simply cannot stop me) and the other specials are more of a matter of having a good team with you, and aiming fast for a killing headshot.

Geez, two cursed die, three tomes, two grimoires, hard mode, a freaking green, and for the WH
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #138868

Dorf with Axe + Shield rules this game.
Stamina for days. Chopping down rats like Paul Bunyan.

I bought enough computer upgrades that I'm basically building a whole new computa and I'll be back on soon.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #139005

I got these blue dual guns for the dorf, they heat up, anyone used them before? I'd rather keep using the handgun, since I only use ranged to snipe stormvermin and specials, but it may be useful against ogres or something.
Last edited by capi duffman on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #139009

I can't imagine a better ranged weapon for the DORF than the handgun, categorically.

I can imagine a handgun that has better stats but if you're using the axe and shield something that does a fuckton of damage very precisely to a single target at range is exactly what he needs to balance that equation.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139034

Dorf should only use drakes. Have the guy playing soldier use his handgun instead.

a correct post by pillz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #139035

How good is the Empire Soldier anyways, I've been liking how he plays and I want to know if he's good to main with.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139037

He's in pretty much every cata group. Mace and shield or 2 handed hammer are best.

a correct post by pillz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139039

Doesn't the warhammer permastun everything? I've mostly been rolling the mace + shield for that phat shield combo, but from what I've seen when not playing him he can stun specials with it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139040

You should only use charged attacks with 2handers and range on all specials. I've barely ever seen anyone melee specials besides maybe runners.

a correct post by pillz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139041

Yeah we were playing on hard and our soldier was going absolutely ham on a bunch of stormvermin with a warhammer and stunning them. He won after we got there and started helping him out.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #139089

Huh, that's how I play dorf, with a handgun for sniping, and a warhammer for fun slaughter.
The issue with the axe and shield is that I found myself not killing enough or fast enough against both slaves and stormvermin, and sometimes, they key with blackrats is to stun them before they get to kill the elf.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139140

If you take a shield up you accept that your whole existence is CC, not killing. Do 2 strikes then a charge attack. Although the first point applies to everyone. You're not supposed to try and get the highest killcount, you're supposed to watch eachothers backs by pushing enemies flanking others.

a correct post by pillz
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #139196

DrPillzRedux wrote:If you take a shield up you accept that your whole existence is CC, not killing. Do 2 strikes then a charge attack. Although the first point applies to everyone. You're not supposed to try and get the highest killcount, you're supposed to watch eachothers backs by pushing enemies flanking others.
Yeah, well, the moment I switched from shield to warhammer, suddenly I found myself beating missions. I only play with pubs, and so I depend a lot on someone of the team being good, or me doing great to compensate.
Also, my warhammer has 4 points of stamina, so I actually do push the enemy around a lot, while I'm not flaying like crazy to keep the rats away from the witch.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #139197

My primary loadout is greatsword and harquebus for the soldier. The hammer's a bit more powerful, sure, but it's shit at crowd control and the gun drops most specials in one good headshot. The name of the game is wade in 'n' bladin'.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #139240

I keep trying to play this but I'm forever getting dumped back to the main menu or the level restarts.
What gives?
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #139265

Malkevin wrote:I keep trying to play this but I'm forever getting dumped back to the main menu or the level restarts.
What gives?
If the host disconnects or you lose connection, you're boned, simple as that.

I dislike a lot that part of the game, not having any kind of servers, and depending on good hosts all the time.
XSI

Post by XSI » #139306

What sucks the most, last I checked

If the host leaves, someone else gets the host. So everyone gets to load and connect to them
Then they leave, and it goes to the third person. Who also leaves. So now you've had 4 loading screens, and you ended up right back in the tavern
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139805

I always host so I never have to deal with that or lag.

a correct post by pillz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139806

Apparently this has hackers now who are noclipping everywhere and instakilling all the rats ever

I witnessed a dwarf who appeared to have infinite ammo, his upper body twitching and flailing in random directions at an insanely fast rate. Aimbot, most likely.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #139807

So that's the "vermin" in Vermintide, huh?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139809

They're hacking in PvE so they're probably worse
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

XSI

Post by XSI » #139855

I don't see the point in doing that

Either way, new computer works, poke me sometime and we can wreck some rats
Already have an orange crossbow for the dwarf