imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

[Ausops]

Post by imblyings » #140315

here

These are the possible outcomes.

I get deadminned and you get unbanned.

I get deadminned and you remain banned.

I leave of my own accord after Christmas and you remain banned.

Complaints will do nothing as the only thing I can be punished for is something I'm going to do myself, any admin in any position to take action against me can see the bans I refer to when justifying your rule 0 removal, along with the personal experiences of admins involving you. The only thing you can do is try to get unbanned and I trust that throwing myself into this was enough of a price paid to not have the other admins choose to willingly open up the possibility of having to deal with you again.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: [Ausops]

Post by Steelpoint » #140318

Internet drama is best drama.

This scenario reminds me of many past incidents (not all in this community) that often result in the admin resigning or something due to the large shit storm.

What role does Torn NOT play? Make him only able to play that for several months or something, or just keep him banned I dunno.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140319

Well thank you for at least opening the possibility to have a Dialog here.

Can you seriously just tell me what the issue is?

What bans are you even referring to? The ones that were completely overturned (Not shortened or anything, completely overturned) because the bans themselves were shit? My conduct ingame is not the issue and never has been the issue. It's my unwillingness to accept no for an answer when I think i've been wronged which is causing this friction.

You referenced a perma ban that I should never have been unbanned from, what perma are you referring to? The one that Saeg dropped down because he got Scones to lie about me checking mesons to metagame him as an antag? Scones SWORE that I did it multiple times, I had to beg NikNak the only admin who would take the time to go check the logs to see if I took his mesons and I only got unbanned because he did that and proved Scones was lying.

Can you not understand my side of this? I'm getting permabanned from the server for making a post which disagreed with you. Your fellow headmins certainly don't think that post was deserving of a rule 0 ban.

Why can't I be unbanned and you don't get deadmin? I never asked for you to be deadminned.

I play a lot of roles Steelpoint, the one I play the least is probably like Botanist or some shit.

Edit Incoming, Hold off before you reply

So lets get down to the history of this.

This all started because I got pissed off at Ikarrus doing the shit he did back in 2012 and immediately adminhelping me and telling me to do shit without bothering to see my side. A ban resulted from that which had more to do with how I handled interaction with Ikarrus rather than anything I did ingame (As my ingame conduct was perfectly kosher). That incident caused Saeg and Scones to basically develop a mutual dislike for me because I went to such extremes to get that ban overturned because no one really wanted to deal with it and Ikarrus obviously wasn't going to budge on a Sec,Head and Captain ban.

The rest of the bans came from increasing mutual dislike between myself and a few select admins who went as far as to lie in order to try to make a permaban stick. Those security bans were ENTIRELY born of mutual dislike and admins actively searching for reasons to ban people. Admins came out and admitted that. Hell I had to go through logs and go talk to people who were in the rounds to give testimony to prove that I wasn't lying in order to get some of the bans flipped.

So lets discuss this properly, Am I really such a complete asshole for not rolling over and accepting shit administrative decisions?
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #140325

Grow the fuck up, Ausops. Tornadium probably deserves the perma, but all this petty drama is ridiculous. Let him have his complaint topic. Stop replying. you are making yourself look very immature.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #140326

Ok, can we make several things clear?

1. I don't give a crap about Tornadium

2. I do care about admins refusing to handle ban requests/appeals with a minimal amount of capability. The entire nihilistic it doesn't matter and "but this time it is justified" attitude towards closing your own complaints is completely amateurish and does completely zero to solve the issue. It has dragged on this issue by giving justification for further complaints and is turning this all into a giant shitstorm, where it could have all been easily prevented in the first place. In fact all it does to me is hint at that you are fed up with being an headmin and want to quit.

3. I still want to hear why the final straw that is being referenced was a misinterpretation of a post in policy discussion. I want to know why it is so fucking hard to actual address this point and why it is being wilfully ignored over the course of 7 threads.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140327

CPTANT wrote:
3. I still want to hear why the final straw that is being referenced was a misinterpretation of a post in policy discussion. I want to know why it is so fucking hard to actual address this point and why it is being wilfully ignored over the course of 7 threads.
From what I got told, Ausops had been looking for a reason to ban me since the middle of November. I have no idea why.

I haven't been around playing much so nothing I did in the server in the last 14 days was the trigger for this. So it's entirely down to the post, Which most people can see was a comment on how much people lie and how hard it is to fairly enforce policy. (Not quite so elegantly worded but that was the intent behind the post).

From my perspective it's just the first thing I did that could justify a perma in his head so he went for it.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #140328

It would be nice to know exactly what was the 'final straw' that resulted in this ban, if just to satisfy what small action Torn did that kicked off this easily avoidable shit storm.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140329

Steelpoint wrote:It would be nice to know exactly what was the 'final straw' that resulted in this ban, if just to satisfy what small action Torn did that kicked off this easily avoidable shit storm.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 90#p140030

My Post : https://www.tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewt ... ad#p140003

He took my post as me saying Haha I lie to you and you can't do shit about it.

Most people read it for what it was, me simply stating that you can't prove someone random searched because people will lie about it.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #140330

The fact that I'm leaving.

I put off on taking action a while ago with his constant defending and seeking of higher authorities to complain to when Shaps banned him for bad validhunting simply because I did not want to deal with the fuss while the majority of my headmin term had yet to be over, seeing as I have plenty to deal with for a 2d spessmen hobby already. As soon as it appeared that he had learned nothing from the previous perma he was on borrowed time. The thread he insists was the final straw merely reminded me I was in a good position to do something I should have done a while ago.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140332

imblyings wrote:The fact that I'm leaving.

I put off on taking action a while ago with his constant defending and seeking of higher authorities to complain to when Shaps banned him for bad validhunting simply because I did not want to deal with the fuss while the majority of my headmin term had yet to be over, seeing as I have plenty to deal with for a 2d spessmen hobby already. As soon as it appeared that he had learned nothing from the previous perma he was on borrowed time. The thread he insists was the final straw merely reminded me I was in a good position to do something I should have done a while ago.
You mean the dayban that resulted entirely from me misreading a situation and not understanding the new antagonist mechanics.

The day ban that I spoke to a bunch of people about who explained everything to me and ended with no hard feelings and me thanking people?

What previous perma are you even referring to? The only permanent ban I have to my knowledge is the ones where Scones lied about me checking mesons for thermals?

So this ban isn't because I actually did anything its because you're leaving and you just felt like throwing the ban down?
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #140336

You have a bunch of notes and bans for being constantly shit as security. I have had to deal with adminhelps regarding your conduct as security, which I only stood up for because I sympathize with the wider picture of security and the freedom that they need.

HBL perma'd you for being an insufferable shit incapable of admitting to wrongdoings and climbing the ladder until you found someone with the power to unban you and couldn't bear talking to you for any longer. I know this because I had to deal with you once and you demonstrated an incredible gift for circular logic. Other admins have had to experience this too.

The day ban was only resolved after I had to step in and shut you up because you are incapable of admitting to wrongdoings, which meant you have learned nothing from HBL's ban and you will continue to whine, moan, raise a fuss, until things go your way. There needs to be a point where someone in charge decides your tantrums won't get you anywhere and makes it so that no one else ever has to deal with you. You are incapable of admitting to wrongdoing, will pretend to seek explanation and then drown people in circular logic, and present yourself in an innocent light.

You were rule 0'd and nothing will change that. Go find another server to shit up.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #140340

having dealt with tornadium before as security i never understood why he wasn't just security jobbanned permanently
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #140341

Bluespace wrote:having dealt with tornadium before as security i never understood why he wasn't just security jobbanned permanently
He was. Three times.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140342

Wait wait wait.

Why are you still using notes from shit bans as justification for this crusade? You do realize every single one of those bans was shit, incorrect and invalid?

What adminhelps? You've very rarely if ever spoken to me ingame, like ever.

As for the HBL thing, you do realize that ban was lifted after a quick conversation between myself and another group of admins because both I and the admins involved were behaving like utter shit?

Try to pin this entirely on me being a dick or whatever but please stop ignoring the truth that admins lying and breaking their own policies contributed heavily to this clusterfuck.

The day ban was resolved after the involved admins and I had a rational discussion and stopped speaking to eachother like both parties were utter shit.

Again that clusterfuck of notes involves the attitudes of admins not just my own conduct.

I'm incapable of admitting wrong doing? Apart from the times where I admit i fucked up or i admit i was an asshole. If you are trying to say im incapable of admitting wrongdoing about the sec bans then yes i am.

Probably because I have no wrongdoing to admit to outside of apologising to how i spoke to some admins which i have done. Nothing i did in any of those sec bans was valid for a ban or even a warning Ausops.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140343

Saegrimr wrote:
Bluespace wrote:having dealt with tornadium before as security i never understood why he wasn't just security jobbanned permanently
He was. Three times.
For things that were not job ban worthy or even worthy of a warning.

As ruled by multiple headmins and players alike.

Why do you keep brushing over the fact that the bans youre trying to pin me on were caused by admins intentionally lying?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #140345

How many times does one person have to be "invalid and incorrectly" banned before you look inwards and think "Maybe I am a problem"?

Nobody else on this server gets banned from security as much as you have.
Nobody else short of CDB gets complained about as security as much as you have.

Your one shining grace is that you are exceptional at pestering the chain of command until you find someone not wanting to put up with you anymore, as every single past instance with you has proven.

Amusingly, which you've been banned before because of, and warned to stop!
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #140346

Also
"MEAN OLD ADMINS TRYING TO LIE AND CHEAT ME OUT OF THE SERVER"

Have you also considered just fucking off and not playing on such a corrupt and evil server?
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140347

Saegrimr wrote:How many times does one person have to be "invalid and incorrectly" banned before you look inwards and think "Maybe I am a problem"?

Nobody else on this server gets banned from security as much as you have.
Nobody else short of CDB gets complained about as security as much as you have.

Your one shining grace is that you are exceptional at pestering the chain of command until you find someone not wanting to put up with you anymore, as every single past instance with you has proven.

Amusingly, which you've been banned before because of, and warned to stop!
Probably because I am not the sole problem.

The behavior of admins and their conduct directly contributed to the escalating levels of clusterfuck. The later bans were placed entirely because of admins fabricating reasons for a ban because i behaved like an asshole speaking to them and vice versa.

Did my attitude contribute to the clusterfuck? Undoubtedly yes.

Did the admins behaving like they were infaliable and 100% correct no matter what I had to say contribute? Undoubtedly yes.

I am not innocent but neither are the admins involved and its perfectly clear that I was shown no respect and therefore none was given in return.

It was a mistake and bad conduct on my part but you have to take into account that I had to literally go and prove my innocence twice when admins lied and exaggerated events to get me banned out of pure dislike because I challenged their decisions.

I am certainly not innocent in all this but you sure as hell arent either Saeg
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140348

Saegrimr wrote:Also
"MEAN OLD ADMINS TRYING TO LIE AND CHEAT ME OUT OF THE SERVER"

Have you also considered just fucking off and not playing on such a corrupt and evil server?
I like playing here, i like the server and the community and believe it or not people do enjoy playing with me. Admittedly usually when I dont play security but thats entirely down to how I play. I don't take chances as sec, a lot of the complaints are shit like stun cuffed and dragged to brig without a word. People don't like that but its the safest way and I take no chances of being pushed and taken out of the round for 30 minutes.

Could my attiude when playing security improve? Probably i'm not a perfect person but i am nowhere near as bad as you claim.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #140349

I'm not really sure of the whole situation, so my response here may be somewhat redundant, BUT, given as you yourself have said you don't really like the way you play sec, could you take a break from or take a job ban from security for awhile and start a-fresh?

Would that placate everyone involved in what is essentially a forum drama roleplay?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140350

peoplearestrange wrote:I'm not really sure of the whole situation, so my response here may be somewhat redundant, BUT, given as you yourself have said you don't really like the way you play sec, could you take a break from or take a job ban from security for awhile and start a-fresh?

Would that placate everyone involved in what is essentially a forum drama roleplay?
If it would placate this mess sure.

I don't think anything I have done actually deserves a sec job ban and It'll get held against me later for sure but i'd be willing to take a sec job ban for a while
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #140352

Its more to change the way you interact with people. I mean you yourself said "(I) enjoy playing with me. Admittedly usually when I dont play security..."

That to me sounds like security is the root cause right now, and yes maybe in time that will change and you'll have enjoyable interactions as sec in the future. But right now it seems like a sensible solution. It gives you a chance to show what you say, that you have meaningful interactions and aren't a problem player, whilst forcing you in to a position you'll probably enjoy more or at least get less frustrated with.

What do the other admins reckon of this solution?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140354

I don't think people will ever enjoy playing with me as security to be honest.

Not unless I deliberately play security really really stupid and let myself get killed by that dude that is obviously stalking around me or i let the assistants trailing the rev head i just cuffed off and pretend i didnt notice them racing after me.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #140355

Maybe its not entirely fair to Tornadium but he somehow plays a major role in what feels like ~50% of our FNR threads (and plenty of adminhelps). I know a bit more drama will surround regular security players but people like Mekhi still manage to powergame hard without regular OOC fighting.

Its tiring to go through the same forum drama every 2 weeks and it just isnt worth the time spent arguing at some point. I actually pre-emptively closed a ban request about him recently to avoid said routine (and bail out Shaps, who made the mistake of promising to sort it out).
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140356

Kor wrote:Maybe its not entirely fair to Tornadium but he somehow plays a major role in what feels like ~50% of our FNR threads (and plenty of adminhelps). I know a bit more drama will surround regular security players but people like Mekhi still manage to powergame hard without regular OOC fighting.

Its tiring to go through the same forum drama every 2 weeks and it just isnt worth the time spent arguing at some point. I actually pre-emptively closed a ban request about him recently to avoid said routine (and bail out Shaps, who made the mistake of promising to sort it out).
What was that for?

Just purely out of curiosity.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #140358

My post was cause I felt I owed you an explanation for trying to lock the thread.

The ban request was for that shitshow of a round where the revhead didnt convert and the AI got lynched
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140359

Kor wrote:My post was cause I felt I owed you an explanation for trying to lock the thread.

The ban request was for that shitshow of a round where the revhead didnt convert and the AI got lynched
Oh, right.

You should have let that go ahead to be honest. I ordered the borgs blown after they ignored orders from what 6 different humans, ignored orders from their AI and intentionally let assistants overrun the brig all the while attempting to let assistants into the armory?

Yeah I stand by that. Those borgs were utter shit.

If its the round I recall.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140368

Pretty sure that ban request was more focused on the people who killed the AI that I had no part in.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #140485

Nah, the ban was focused around some dude who was throwing tear gas at sec and got dunked for it. Also you were NOT in the right for blowing the borgs, it had been easily 5-10 minutes since they'd done anything at all and you blew them and acted really shitty over the radio. Not a sec player I'm going to miss.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140515

You can unban him but eventually this will just repeat itself, as it has before.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140546

DrPillzRedux wrote:You can unban him but eventually this will just repeat itself, as it has before.
How do you figure?

Nothing actually prompted this ban in terms of my actual behavior. He just said he saw a post and was reminded that he wanted to rule zero ban me because he's leaving.

Nothing happened between the shitstorm and now to prompt this happening, like literally nothing. This is a delayed ban from 3 months ago based on my attitude in getting bans that were wrong overturned.

The worst part about it is and the part that everyone forgets is that the clusterfuck a few months ago was caused by both myself and admins. Obviously a person is not going to respond well to getting immediately banned from IRC, Forum banned and at one point unable to even view the public logs. Yeah my behavior was shitty but take it in the context of what actually went on, Multiple attempts to lie and fabricate reasons to ban, Multiple attempts to prevent appeal and straight up asking other admins to ban and delete any appeal threads. Thankfully some admins actually had some level of professionalism and went and properly investigated everything which is why I was unbanned, because in every situation I didn't do anything wrong (except the day ban paper thing). Yeah my behavior in getting unbanned was the issue and yes it was shitty but to be completely honest I don't know how I'm expected to be nice about it when people abuse power like that based purely on personal dislike.
Zilenan91 wrote:Nah, the ban was focused around some dude who was throwing tear gas at sec and got dunked for it. Also you were NOT in the right for blowing the borgs, it had been easily 5-10 minutes since they'd done anything at all and you blew them and acted really shitty over the radio. Not a sec player I'm going to miss.
How do you figure?

Just prior to the borgs being blown we had shouts of borgs being rogue, borgs loitering around the RD console, the RD office equipment power being toggled off and just in general borgs were acting shifty as fuck and not responding to human orders that didn't conflict.

Plenty of reasons to blow them, so many people wouldn't have jumped to the AI is malf shit if the borgs/multiple ais weren't so shit that round.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #140564

Wait this is all because you think you are owed a passing shot because you are leaving Ausops?

That is pretty much against the spirit of Rule 0 entirely, it is meant to be a break in normal conduct when needed for the benefit of players.
Players being treated as parting gifts for the burned out is preposterous and not a depreciation anyone self respecting should submit to.

Really if rule 0 was fitting for Tornadium you would have done it at the proper time to help others instead of squireling him away like a chocolate bar to be consumed at your pleasure.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140597

Incomptinence wrote:Wait this is all because you think you are owed a passing shot because you are leaving Ausops?

That is pretty much against the spirit of Rule 0 entirely, it is meant to be a break in normal conduct when needed for the benefit of players.
Players being treated as parting gifts for the burned out is preposterous and not a depreciation anyone self respecting should submit to.

Really if rule 0 was fitting for Tornadium you would have done it at the proper time to help others instead of squireling him away like a chocolate bar to be consumed at your pleasure.
I believe at the time he couldn't rule zero me because he wasn't a headmin when the events took place.

The headmins at the time saw fit to lift the bans that were placed and allow me to continue playing.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #140608

Rule 0:
Enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of admins. Admins are fully accountable for any consequences should they invoke this rule. Admins are also allowed to intervene in rounds when it is in the best interest of the playerbase.
Any admin can invoke rule 0. It's useful for when things dont fit the other rules and an admin feels that the banning of said player would be best to maintain the best interests of the playerbase and/or game.
The idea is anyone can use it with good enough reasoning, but they themselves will be accountable for such an action. Which is why its rarely used by anyone except headmins.

Though actually I have to say rule 7 is more relevent in your case Tor:
If you regularly come close to breaking the rules without actually breaking them, it will be treated as the rules being broken. - Repeated instances of the same rules being broken may be met with harsher consequences. Baiting people into escalations or situations where you can report them to admins will be dealt with harshly.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140632

peoplearestrange wrote:Rule 0:
Enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of admins. Admins are fully accountable for any consequences should they invoke this rule. Admins are also allowed to intervene in rounds when it is in the best interest of the playerbase.
Any admin can invoke rule 0. It's useful for when things dont fit the other rules and an admin feels that the banning of said player would be best to maintain the best interests of the playerbase and/or game.
The idea is anyone can use it with good enough reasoning, but they themselves will be accountable for such an action. Which is why its rarely used by anyone except headmins.

Though actually I have to say rule 7 is more relevent in your case Tor:
If you regularly come close to breaking the rules without actually breaking them, it will be treated as the rules being broken. - Repeated instances of the same rules being broken may be met with harsher consequences. Baiting people into escalations or situations where you can report them to admins will be dealt with harshly.
I would respectfully disagree tbh.

For most of what is being referenced I didn't break any rules and that's the point. Nor did I come close to breaking the rules.

It would be different if I was like Burer and constantly toeing the line over and over.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #140658

Just forum ban him and be done with it.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140661

ThanatosRa wrote:Just forum ban him and be done with it.
Forum ban me for attempting to defend myself?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #140663

Tornadium wrote:
To be fair I have NEVER liked you.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140668

ThanatosRa wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
I don't even know you.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #140669

Tornadium wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
I don't even know you.
Honestly, that's by design. For most of the forum.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140697

ThanatosRa wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
I don't even know you.
Yeah but I don't even remember you from like the 2010-2014 period.
TheWulfe
Byond Username: TheWulfe

Post by TheWulfe » #140741

Can I just point out how bad of a Rule 0 this is? Rule 0s should be treated as the Big Red Button, holy shit DEFCON 1 server-wide-affected actions that will destroy the server if this player exists. Stuff like every round being a massive murderbone 2 hour recallfest.

Not a self-admitted 'I'm leaving so I'm gonna use admin powers to cheapshot a player I dislike'. That's literal definition of a grudge. Actual metagrudging even if we're going by actual rules being broken by an admin. He didn't even half enough self-respect to subtlely stalk him for an actual rule violation before banning. You don't use Rule 0 for that.

That's a really shitty thing to do so I'm calling that out. That sets a terrible precedent, and is an abuse of power.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #140746

He wasn't leaving before this shit you dickweed

I'm very pissed off about this
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #140750

Yeah. Over the past six months admins have had to deal with Tornadium being a shit and getting permabanned twice and it getting appealed each time. Hell, I've only been playing the game as a whole for six fucking months and I've never even had a single server ban. It's long past time for him to get rule 0'd and be done with him.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #140752

iamgoofball wrote:He wasn't leaving before this shit you dickweed

Yes he was
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #140815

iamgoofball wrote:He wasn't leaving before this shit you dickweed

He told me a month ago he was leaving after christmas, might have been more than a month ago.

He also said I was getting his headmin position I believe.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #140822

He said basically the day he got headmin that he was going to leave at Christmas
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #140825

It was never in the job description for headmins to willingly create and deal with forum drama in the middle of their term. Think of it as good time management where tasks are divided into easily manageable portions to prevent fatigue because that's what it was, regardless of anything anyone else thinks or says.

Yeah I said I'd help keep things running until Christmas right in my election thread four months ago so it really shouldn't be a surprise. Otherwise I'll be hanging around to finish a map I don't want to have wasted effort on etc
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #140834

Tornadium wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
I don't even know you.
I've been around since at least 2013 if not earlier. But I've always kept a low profile. So whatever. good riddance. You're Toxic.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140841

Zilenan91 wrote:Yeah. Over the past six months admins have had to deal with Tornadium being a shit and getting permabanned twice and it getting appealed each time. Hell, I've only been playing the game as a whole for six fucking months and I've never even had a single server ban. It's long past time for him to get rule 0'd and be done with him.
In five years up to when this started I had a grand total of 5 bans.

Four of those 5 are :

- Accidental IC in OOC on the first few days I played on the server.
- Mime Job ban for speaking as a Mime again when I was learning.
- Accidentally detonating a bomb and going immediately to the admins and admitting what I did while learning toxins.
- Accidentally releasing Singulo by leaving emitter on 2 and forgetting to turn it down, again reporting immediately when I realized what I did.

If I was really such a terrible player I would have been rule 0'd years ago.

This is entirely down to a period of bans that took place starting in June and Spilling over into July. So shit that happened what nearly 5-6 months ago now (I got the timing of the bans wrong).
imblyings wrote:It was never in the job description for headmins to willingly create and deal with forum drama in the middle of their term. Think of it as good time management where tasks are divided into easily manageable portions to prevent fatigue because that's what it was, regardless of anything anyone else thinks or says.

Yeah I said I'd help keep things running until Christmas right in my election thread four months ago so it really shouldn't be a surprise. Otherwise I'll be hanging around to finish a map I don't want to have wasted effort on etc
So what was it, You decided when you got headmin that you would just ban me towards the end because you didn't like the outcome that the last set of headmins arrived at?

Why the grudge? Honestly?
ThanatosRa wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
I don't even know you.
I've been around since at least 2013 if not earlier. But I've always kept a low profile. So whatever. good riddance. You're Toxic.
So have I. NikNak went and checked the DB back before 2013 and in total between when I first started playing until the shitstorm started I had a grand total of 5 bans and none of them were shitler behavior.