Minor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re: Minor Feedback

Post by Helios » #128232

Bottom post of the previous page:

Gun Hog wrote:
Jacquerel wrote:I swear some people think of this game as a team of "good guys" (security) fighting a team of "bad guys" (antagonists ans assistants) while everyone else is just there to play the part of the bystanders to protect or terrorise.
Are you saying this is not the case? People very quickly get bored when the antagonists die or take too long to do anything. Security is very much the Cop side of things, and will gladly go out of their way to stomp on anyone they think is a bad guy. Similarly, it seems that most unarmed crew are just loot sacks, converts, and kill counts to antagonists. What you have described is very much how things seem from an observer's point of view. Sec is there to defeat antags; they are not mall cops. Antags are there to cause chaos. If they fail to do so, the shuttle gets called or assistants and the clown take their place. I would not at all be surprised to think that dedicated Security/Antagonist players see everyone else as support or sources of increased power - because it really does look that way when playing as a ghost.
What do you do during extended?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #128235

Spam shuttle calls.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #128366

Animal Xenos from gold slimes are stupid. Make them spawn facehuggers instead.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #128393

Luke Cox wrote:Animal Xenos from gold slimes are stupid. Make them spawn facehuggers instead.
Why? it would be even more stupid for them to be able to get round-ending aliens.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #128395

Wyzack wrote:But that is what i really don't like. I was against even giving berets the same armor as helmets. It used to be that if you were conscious about looking cool as sec you would wear the beret. It gave no advantages other than making you look like a robust dude who don't need no head protection. Then if shit got real you could swap it out for the helmet to kick some ass. It seems dumb that a friggin beret should have all the functionality of a helmet that covers your eyes and sides of your head. The whole Berets=Helmets thing seems like it only benefits sec officers who want to pull dat powergame all the time, but also want to look casual. This seems silly to me.
Pretty much this. But then powergamers wanted to jump on the FASHION bandwagon without giving up the power gaming.
Someone said the beret is actually better then the helmet since it didn't get nerfed with the rest of armour, or some shit?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128434

Nerf berets again, armorberets is dumb and makes helmets worthless
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #128459

The unloved rock wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Animal Xenos from gold slimes are stupid. Make them spawn facehuggers instead.
Why? it would be even more stupid for them to be able to get round-ending aliens.
You would have to deliberately let them out of the pen and/or give them something to feed on to actually cause potentially round-ending xenos. Xenobio containment only fails as a result of human error. Loyal crewmembers can harvest Xeno organs, antagonists can let them loose. If security or command has a problem with science raising Xenos, it's a lengthy process and people have more than enough time to step in and shut it down (even more so now with the added Praetorian stage before Queen).
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #128460

When Kor nerfed armour values across the board he forgot to nerf Sec Beret's, meaning they give better protection than Helmets do.

I actually did address this but it came at the time when shit was hitting the fan with armour changes and me being banned from Github so I had to drop the issue.

Edit: Now I've addressed it: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/12583
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #128491

Luke Cox wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:
You would have to deliberately let them out of the pen and/or give them something to feed on to actually cause potentially round-ending xenos. Xenobio containment only fails as a result of human error. Loyal crewmembers can harvest Xeno organs, antagonists can let them loose. If security or command has a problem with science raising Xenos, it's a lengthy process and people have more than enough time to step in and shut it down (even more so now with the added Praetorian stage before Queen).
I mean that's all well and good, but is leaving aside the part where people introduce human error intentionally because they want to play as a round-ending alien.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #128542

Jacquerel wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:
I mean that's all well and good, but is leaving aside the part where people introduce human error intentionally because they want to play as a round-ending alien.
Intentionally releasing Xenos as a non-antag is grounds for an immediate ban. Going off that logic, we should also remove the singularity, toxins, virology, etc. because people could use them to cause round-ending catastrophes so they can end the round and hopefully get antag next round. It'd be a fun thing for scientists to play around with, ghosts could do something other than stare at antags, and antags would have another tool at their disposal. It's always bothered me how Xenobiology was nothing more than breeding slimes. With the introduction of organ manipulation and implantable Xeno organs, Xenobiology could have their jobs expanded by allowing them to raise and harvest aliens like livestock.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #128554

Luke Cox wrote:
Jacquerel wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:
Intentionally releasing Xenos as a non-antag is grounds for an immediate ban. Going off that logic, we should also remove the singularity, toxins, virology, etc. because people could use them to cause round-ending catastrophes so they can end the round and hopefully get antag next round. It'd be a fun thing for scientists to play around with, ghosts could do something other than stare at antags, and antags would have another tool at their disposal. It's always bothered me how Xenobiology was nothing more than breeding slimes. With the introduction of organ manipulation and implantable Xeno organs, Xenobiology could have their jobs expanded by allowing them to raise and harvest aliens like livestock.
Xenomorphs get free every round they're bred in xenobio. I've never once known a round where they didn't. EVERYONE wants to let them loose except for security
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #128558

Security wants them to get loose too, we just can't admit it.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #128607

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
Jacquerel wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:
Xenomorphs get free every round they're bred in xenobio. I've never once known a round where they didn't. EVERYONE wants to let them loose except for security
If people are releasing xenos intentionally, bans need to start being handed out
TheNightingale wrote:Security wants them to get loose too, we just can't admit it.
If more people want Xenos to pop up on the station, then maybe facehuggers should be more abundant.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #128800

The lone operative event greatly needs a sound upon spawning.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #129520

Just went on a killing spree with a chainsaw and holoparasite last round, in my opinion the only problems with the chainsaw are that it currently is slightly better than the spear as a throwing weapon, and cant be held one handed/on your back.
also telekinesis is op when it comes to combat because you can spam it really fast, you can instacrit a golem with it using a chainsaw.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #129523

That's really more a TK problem because the TK throw has no click cooldown whatsoever and is thus more dangerous than anything short of a wand of death or energy axe.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #131966

What if we removed hulk entirely? It's rare to see it used for something other than "lel smash walls scream waaagh xD".
Helios

Post by Helios » #131982

TheNightingale wrote:What if we removed hulk entirely? It's rare to see it used for something other than "lel smash walls scream waaagh xD".
What would be the end game of Genetics?
Why would people do research?
TK has already been nerfed into oblivion
Shadowblend is literally useless
Chameleon makes you invisible, and your body invisible so you will never get cloned if you have it.
Cold res is a space suit.
X-ray is not gotten by the people who actually use it, 95% of the time
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #131984

I wounldn't mind removing the permastun from hulk punches while keeping everything else. If Hulk was literally just the stun punch I'd take it, because as it stands it's retardedly strong.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #132783

Is there a pre-round tip that let's people know that they can tag sec as a job without ruining their chances at antag? If not, there should be, to encourage more people to play sec.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Helios

Post by Helios » #136566

There's no notification to borgs that they are no longer Asimov during Traitor, or Double Agents.
I had a law 0, and I was never notified until the AI started telling me to kill someone, at which point I was already off station
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #137096

When giving someone plastic surgey, you should be able to choose their new name.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #137098

TheNightingale wrote:When giving someone plastic surgey, you should be able to choose their new name.
God yes I'm ready for 12 copies of Butts McButts all with random colours of hairs wandering around.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141654

Copying someone's SE with Genetics should copy their mutantrace status too. I want to be able to force-lizard people.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #141688

TheNightingale wrote:Copying someone's SE with Genetics should copy their mutantrace status too. I want to be able to force-lizard people.
the monkey part of the se should only have a few values, only interchangable by copying ses or with an upgraded scanner
normal scanner=human and monkey
slightly upgraded scanner=lizard
more upgraded scanner=plasmeme
fully upgraded scanner=potater and slime
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #141707

Adding mutantrace to genetics was something I've wanted to forever.

Genetics is just impenetrable code to me and I'm afraid of fucking it up. No one's touched the UI/UE side of it in forever
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #141804

I wanted to add catpeople as a genetics fuckup rather than a roundstart thing (similar to how slime people are xenobiology-only) but the code makes my head spin around in a double helix
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #142628

You know those operatives from the away mission, with the shields and the energy swords? They're immune to projectiles (and everything else), apparently. I fired three magazines of a SABR at one and it survived, even after I batoned it another ten times before it cut me down.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #142644

It's immune to ranged attacks and there's an issue open for that - it's not immune to melee, it just has the same armour as nuke ops and no appreciable display for how dead it is beyond a medhud.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #144394

Bugs, what bugs.
Bring back papercult.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #144441

InsaneHyena wrote:Image

Bugs, what bugs.
report on github with more details
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Helios

Post by Helios » #145357

Have chameleon act like Hulk, and get disabled when you hit crit.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #145569

Helios wrote:Have chameleon act like Hulk, and get disabled when you hit crit.
I thought that was the downside to Chameleon. You get perfect invisibility but it can backfire on you when you don't want to be invisible.
Helios

Post by Helios » #145584

Anonmare wrote:
Helios wrote:Have chameleon act like Hulk, and get disabled when you hit crit.
I thought that was the downside to Chameleon. You get perfect invisibility but it can backfire on you when you don't want to be invisible.
What's the downside to X-ray or tk? Or being short
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #145603

They don't have downsides, and that's why they're bad powers.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #145606

Revenants should be able to suck out the souls of people who went catatonic.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #145608

The downside to x-ray should be having flashes blind you more severely (and maybe sunglasses would only make it like normal flashes); the downside to TK could be causing slight brain damage every time it was used.
JohntheRipper
Byond Username: JohntheRipper

Post by JohntheRipper » #147649

Lets talk about food.

I think the speed in which hunger progresses is far too slow. Today I was a cook in a 2 hour game with some 50 people on the shift and there were under 10 food items eaten over the course of the whole shift.

If cooks should remain useful members of the crew, more has to be eaten and for that hunger has to progress much faster. It should be possible to get over a 30 minute shift without eating, but this should be the absolute maximum.
Landon Noton / Rebecca Rhinehart
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #147712

They probably just ate cup ramen out of the vendors. That stuff is really nutritious.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

JohntheRipper

Post by JohntheRipper » #147944

Hmm. This makes sense. Nevertheless, it just proves that the cook is currently not very useful.

I have had very much fun playing cook and I feel this job should get be really necessary for longer rounds. It would be a waste to let such a creative job be so unappreciated by the game.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #147945

Increase the hunger rate, and/or give hunger more penalties than 'you walk more slowly'. Maybe you take more damage when hungry? Or being satiated slowly heals you?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #147962

Nah fuck that. Let's just do it the Goon way where the chef can make some truly ridiculous food and let people eat it on their own volition because of all the stupid shit he put in it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

JohntheRipper

Post by JohntheRipper » #148356

So we agree that the cook/cooking needs to be buffed.

The question right now is if we want do it with negative reinforcement (buff hunger) or with positive reinforcement (buff the foods effects).

While buffing hunger is easily done it may provoke backslash from users. Buffing food items made by the cook is more likely to be accepted, but will require more work and balancing.

I think it would be beneficial if hunger is buffed moderately while also food items receive better effects. The improvement of food items could also be used to reward cooks (and eaters) for crafting the more exotic meals.
Random Players
Byond Username: Random Players

Post by Random Players » #148378

I want to note, that if such is done, please make sure something like 'Ration Bars' are added to the Miner Reward Point items at a reasonable price. Something that while not giving any bonuses, fills for a long time. So long mining expeditions are fully feasible.
That is, if hunger is buffed so that such might be a issue.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #148386

Yes. Please. This needs to be a thing.

Returning to Cargo on the brink of starvation is something that happened to me often enough to make me sick.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #149546

CosmicScientist wrote:I can't hear the quiet hum of the station ambiance. Was it removed at some point? Am I just remembering the game wrong after leaving for a while and it truly is silent half the time? I miss it.
you may have disabled ambiance in game preferences and forgot about it
i keep it disabled because i usually wear headphones and the bass ambiance blows my head up
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #149568

CosmicScientist wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:I can't hear the quiet hum of the station ambiance. Was it removed at some point? Am I just remembering the game wrong after leaving for a while and it truly is silent half the time? I miss it.
you may have disabled ambiance in game preferences and forgot about it
i keep it disabled because i usually wear headphones and the bass ambiance blows my head up
Thanks. I checked thanks to you and found it was ship ambiance (I think). Where does the bass come in?

Edit: That doesn't seem to be it. I could hear the weird noises in the corridor that... I can't really describe them, sounds like vague announcements by the AI or someone? Before I enabled that preference but before and after I still cannot hear the humming noise.
those are just rarer than ship ambiance, if you spend enough time maintenance crawling with ambient sounds enabled in prefs you'll hear them now and again
iirc chapel and morgue also have extra rare ambient soundtracks, pretty atmospheric stuff
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #149674

Space has one of the title themes playing in it, yes. Not sure why you think it's an "older" theme, it's title1 (or 2) which have been with us for a while, unchanged (Unless by older you meant time and not version in which case I retract my statement)
私は完璧
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #149682

It should be possible to rip embedded things out of people without surgery.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #149683

CosmicScientist wrote:AI satellite/chamber has the robotic chatter. Maint has drips I think and maybe some sounds that are quite suspect as to be dangerous unless I only heard those when going through the sound files. Hallways have what I'd call a quiet and calm train station sound with some announcement going off... I think there's one mentioning heading to escape in a calm voice? I somehow remember most places (or maybe just engineering?) having a low hum. Chapel has some indiscernible slow paced choral. Morgue has the voices and whistles of the dead. Space has I think an older SS13 theme? The one that isn't Nanotrasen but also has one which is different.

I haven't run around the entire station yet since I came back but the only one that I've come across before even turning on station ambience is the hallway one.
"all customers to make their way to the disembarkation lounge" or something to that effect.

As an aside, the (not really any more) new maint ambience sounds are fucking awesome and one of the best atmospheric changes to the game
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #149692

"all customers are requested to make their way to the disembarkation lounge" - ambigen14

Also my favourite ambience track is ambimalf, played in the AI chamber, since it's quite literally got Space Jam in it.
私は完璧