Dark Souls 2

Talk about video games here
Mr Wondrous
Rarely plays

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by Mr Wondrous » #10510

Bottom post of the previous page:

Bell Keepers best covenant.

I invade using Velstadt's sacred chime hammer, I feel it is thematically appropriate.
Don't touch that fucking bell!
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #10525

Speaking of hitting people with bells, a lightning infused Disc Chime hits like a brick made out of lightning if you happen to tap anyone with it. Around 700 per hit, I've seen 1200 on someone without armor. AND you can use it to shoot lighting/heal/buff/block.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Mr Wondrous
Rarely plays

Post by Mr Wondrous » #10536

I might dual wield a set of them and ring bells while reking trespassers

Can we talk about how disappointing it is that Velstadt's hammer doesn't make a BONG noise when you hit people with it? 0/10 FROM
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #10545

i killed darklurker just to get the dragon chime and holy shit the pilgrims of dark is easy as fuck, i only died once and that's because i fell in the pit at the start of the 3rd dungeon
isnt it supposed to be like, endgame stuff?
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #10678

miggles wrote:i killed darklurker just to get the dragon chime and holy shit the pilgrims of dark is easy as fuck, i only died once and that's because i fell in the pit at the start of the 3rd dungeon
isnt it supposed to be like, endgame stuff?
Anything is easy when you abuse poison and hexes.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
miggles

Post by miggles » #10807

are you really accusing me of stooping to those levels of faggotry
hexes of any kind are just as bad as dual santiers havelyns
Mr Wondrous
Rarely plays

Post by Mr Wondrous » #10896

Dual havelyns +poison spam is legit and babby tears are delicious

I used poison to cheese my way through demons souls and I did it in DS2 as well

great resosnant soul is the firearm of dark souls it is the great equalizer, all men have power thanks to GRS

If you hate hexes you hate america
ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #10919

GRS got hit hard by the nerf stick, though.

Funny thing is that these nerfs made hex builds literally invincible. Numbness increases all resistances by 30% and can potentially last over a minute, Great Magic Barrier does the same. With Havel's Armor + Gyrm Helmet you get the last 30% you need to be almost immune to every damage type save for physical, and the great defenses from the heavy armor takes care of that.
fleure

Post by fleure » #10964

miggles wrote:are you really accusing me of stooping to those levels of faggotry
hexes of any kind are just as bad as dual santiers havelyns
Pretty much, otherwise I'm not sure how you can't notice any kind of discrepancy between the difficulty of the Abyss areas and the rest of the game (Although I only ever did them on NG+, not sure how much they change from NG).
miggles

Post by miggles » #11062

except i didnt
i used lightning mastodon halberd +10 the whole time
i used GLS on the casters but thats it
ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #12648

[youtube]G203e1HhixY[/youtube]
hype/10
project beast has been announced and this is the trailer
apparently it's going to be some sort of van helsing monster hunter shit
miggles

Post by miggles » #12741

yeah but exclusives
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #13232

silky smooth 20fps
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #14173

Darklurker has insane amounts of dark resist anyways, so if you're using hexes on him you're doing it wrong.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Mr Wondrous
Rarely plays

Post by Mr Wondrous » #14280

I don't have enough trust in FROM after DS2 to warrant picking up a ps4 for Bloodborne. I bought a PS3 exclusively form Demon's Souls and it was worth it but I'm not confident in them this time around, "B-Team" or otherwise.
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #14402

Reyouka wrote:Darklurker has insane amounts of dark resist anyways, so if you're using hexes on him you're doing it wrong.
I was a STR melee build against Darlurker. I LOST ALL MY HUMANITY ON THAT BASTARD.
Funny part, I actually defeated him at one point with a well placed Firestorm...Only to discover that the clone could still attack a bit after the original was killed. I had to stop a bit after that.

It ended in me finally upgrading the Rebel's Greatshield so it had 100% Dark resist (Fuck yearh), make my Great Club on fire, and started wailing on the angelic-looking assface without giving much more of a fuck.
And thus, on my last humanity, I discovered that in the end, the Darklurker was vulnerable to "beating to a pulp".

It's also annoying that it's pretty much the only boss you can't have a summon to help - that's what also makes it one of the toughest challenge.
Boss wise, tho, Dark Souls 2 was a bit easier than Dark Souls - Mainly because that there are plenty ways to heal yourself, and that the "I'VE GOT A FUCKING GREATSHIELD MAGGOT" tactic is able to take care of a LOT of problems. I don't remember not having the greatshield necessary for a situation - Wyrm Greatshield for fire, Rebel's for Dark. Have yet to find one that can say "Get fucked" to soul magic, but i'll find it in due time.

I believe for me the only other tough challenge for me was the Smelter Demon - one of the bossfight where I actually needed to summon.
And then i realised the Wyrm Greatshield could have made the whole deal less bothersome. I then went on to tank everything for a lot of sunbros in need of help. It was golrious (until they get ripped th shred BECAUS THEY CAN'T KEEP THEIR DISTANCE).

Also, is there anything resistant to lightning in this game?

After that, I didn't really do the ancient Dragon, and fuck the stairs leading to him.
fleure

Post by fleure » #45819

http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/10 ... k-souls-ii
This ultimate Dark Souls II experience features additional in-game events and NPCs along with new deadlier enemies and gameplay improvements. This experience includes the original Dark Souls II along with the three DLC chapters - Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS King. It will also take advantage of the advanced power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and DirectX11 capable PCs to provide enhanced graphics for those platforms!
Also
Increase in maximum online players in single session (6 total).
I'm such a stupid fanboy my dick is all over this.
ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #45821

I dislike that there is a possibility that the old-DS2 versions might not get the new NPCs/events/game rebalance but I was planning on buying DS2 and the DLC to celebrate upgrading to the mustard race anyways so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can wait til 2015, I've waited for webcomics to update for longer times.
Nurdock

Post by Nurdock » #47091

ExplosiveCrate wrote:I dislike that there is a possibility that the old-DS2 versions might not get the new NPCs/events/game rebalance but I was planning on buying DS2 and the DLC to celebrate upgrading to the mustard race anyways so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can wait til 2015, I've waited for webcomics to update for longer times.
You get the NPCs and item descriptions with the original version, along with everything they add, but you don't get the gameplay changes and 'enhanced graphics'.