Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Zellion » #139490

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ghosts should be able to see antag markers, like who is cult
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #139507

Zellion wrote:Ghosts should be able to see antag markers, like who is cult
Might lead to meta problems if they get cloned though.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #139513

I feel like beanbag and buckshot shells should have 1 more pellet than they do now, that way buckshot can do 90 brute over its current 75, and beanbag can do something like 130 stamina and 18 brute. It'd make it more worthwhile up close and at range, because right now the single high-power pellet slug and rubber bullets are just simply better.
Apparently I was an director or something.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #139515

Screemonster wrote:
Bay has an antagHUD toggle that prevents you from rejoining the round, ever, including respawns (which they have.)
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #139554

Screemonster wrote:
You're right, ghosts currently dont see all antag chat and every action happening in the round already so we're meta free!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #139556

That's a strawman so big even I can spot it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #139561

WJohnston wrote:I feel like beanbag and buckshot shells should have 1 more pellet than they do now, that way buckshot can do 90 brute over its current 75, and beanbag can do something like 130 stamina and 18 brute. It'd make it more worthwhile up close and at range, because right now the single high-power pellet slug and rubber bullets are just simply better.

Aren't rubber bullets just the buckshot version of beanbags? Also don't beanbags do 90 stamina already?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #139626

Add a random selection of flavor text for revs. Unionization, Soviet/Mao communist revolution, ___-Rights, Anti-Communism etc. For flavor.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #139888

A "deprecated" radio key should be added, which would be an unused radio channel that no one uses. It should have a chance to spawn as maintenance loot.

Would be useful for antags that don't have group antag chat (not a lot), or assistants that want their own assistant channel.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #139905

Alternatively, "blank" keys that can be multitooled to set a radio-range channel frequency.

Inb4 listening to AI private all day, erryday.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
BeardtongueV1
Byond Username: BeardtongueV1

Post by BeardtongueV1 » #140111

There should be an option to disassemble some food items like sandwiches. It's a bummer when somebody puts every donut into one burger and nobody wants to eat it.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #140151

All of the food.

I wanna reconstruct Pun Pun from burgers. I want to create tomatoes from soup.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #140393

DemonFiren wrote:Alternatively, "blank" keys that can be multitooled to set a radio-range channel frequency.

Actually, why can't we make more encryption keys? It's a bit annoying as a roboticist and the borg wants a key and there's no headsets left to cannibalise.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #140411

Anonmare wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Alternatively, "blank" keys that can be multitooled to set a radio-range channel frequency.

Actually, why can't we make more encryption keys? It's a bit annoying as a roboticist and the borg wants a key and there's no headsets left to cannibalise.
add basic departmental equipment lockers (headset, uniform, basic gear) to cargo ordering console when?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #140416

Cargo is powerful enough with an emitter - giving them Command/Security (etc) headset keys is even bigger.

What if we gave each head of staff a box of department encryption keys in their locker - in addition to the spare Command/[department] headset they get? The CE gets seven spare Engineering keys, the CMO gets seven spare Medical keys, the HoP gets seven spare Service/Supply keys (they're combined), the Captain gets seven spare Command keys.

Also, fun fact - at the moment, the most channels you can have without the Captain's key is five - the HoP's (Command, Service, Supply) and Genetics' (Medical, Science).
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #140423

Return Standard Encryption Keys when? I mean, what's the point of having the syndie key be called "Standard Encryption Key" if standard encryption keys don't exist?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #140449

Wasn't Pap the one to remove them?

Then return them.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #140570

DemonFiren wrote:Wasn't Pap the one to remove them?

Then return them.
Because they were basically useless, and did not allow Common channel access. Removing the chip did not prevent access to Common, nor did it allow hearing common when re-tuning the radio. It was just a blank insert that you removed to support another key.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #140613

The entire point of them existing was to counter meta, that was their use.
Silavite
Byond Username: Silavite

Post by Silavite » #140819

If an area/air tank is filled with Nitrogen, it should not give an oxyloss warning.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inert_gas_asphyxiation
Physiologically inert gases (those that have no toxic effect, but merely dilute oxygen) are generally free of odor and taste. As such, the human subject detects little abnormal sensation as the oxygen level falls. This leads to asphyxiation (death from lack of oxygen) without the painful and traumatic feeling of suffocation (the hypercapnic alarm response, which in humans arises mostly from carbon dioxide levels rising), or the side effects of poisoning.
This could open up interesting opportunities for traitors to kill someone via dilution rather than poison of their air.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #140838

Well, it still oughtta give a warning to synthetics, maybe also pAIs if that is possble.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #140957

Silavite wrote:If an area/air tank is filled with Nitrogen, it should not give an oxyloss warning.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inert_gas_asphyxiation
Physiologically inert gases (those that have no toxic effect, but merely dilute oxygen) are generally free of odor and taste. As such, the human subject detects little abnormal sensation as the oxygen level falls. This leads to asphyxiation (death from lack of oxygen) without the painful and traumatic feeling of suffocation (the hypercapnic alarm response, which in humans arises mostly from carbon dioxide levels rising), or the side effects of poisoning.
This could open up interesting opportunities for traitors to kill someone via dilution rather than poison of their air.
I actually heard a friend-of-a-friend-had-this-happen-at-his-company-once story about this.
Decommissioning a pontoon or something, the thing had been sealed up when it was built, and they had to go inside it to take it apart for some reason. Anyway, the first guys walked in, didn't notice anything wrong until they were pretty much just passing out. Guys who were standing outside went in to haul them out and barely made it out themselves.

Long and the short of it was that however many decades ago the thing was built, they'd dumped fish oil into it before they sealed it - when the oil decayed, it consumed all the oxygen in the air and ensured the thing wouldn't rust on the inside. No sign whatsoever that the air was bad until they'd had a few lungfuls.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #141561

TrustyGun wrote:A "deprecated" radio key should be added, which would be an unused radio channel that no one uses. It should have a chance to spawn as maintenance loot.

Would be useful for antags that don't have group antag chat (not a lot), or assistants that want their own assistant channel.
Hey did you know you can just change the frequency on a regular headset to create your own private channel?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #141564

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
TrustyGun wrote:A "deprecated" radio key should be added, which would be an unused radio channel that no one uses. It should have a chance to spawn as maintenance loot.

Hey did you know you can just change the frequency on a regular headset to create your own private channel?
Then you have to drop Common.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #141565

DemonFiren wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:

Then you have to drop Common.
SBR in your pocket.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #141567

Then switching is clunky.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #141605

New ghetto weapon, matchlock firearms.
Made from wood, metal, and maybe something else. No modular reciever though. Fires improvised shells only. Must load a fresh match before you load your shell. Has a 10% chance to backfire on the user either when you load it or fire it, not sure which is more appropriate. Probably would need to be balanced by a decent reload time or something. I just wanna shoot down nuke ops with a line of musketmen
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #141606

You can already make rifle stocks from wood, so you can reuse that

I think it should be able to use any ammo, but have different failure chances, if that's possible
Like a shotshell would have a pretty low chance of failure, but if you managed to steal and load a newcop's .50 it'd have a pretty high chance of grenading in your hands
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #141957

Make it so that if someone combines two bags of holding, the person doing it gets sucked out of existence and no round-ending singularity is formed.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #142806

Lasertag ED-209s should be under normal bot access restriction, not security bot.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #142872

Takeguru wrote:Lasertag ED-209s should be under normal bot access restriction, not security bot.
Only allow it if someone's wearing the correct-colour lasertag vest :v
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #143027

Ghosts should be able to view the minimap.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #143030

Blobs should be able ot have a radar of all their blob pieces so they can keep better watch over itself.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #143102

Using a free hand on disable intent when holding someone in a close aggressive grip should muffle their words akin to holding your hand over their mouth, allowing sneaky beaky takedowns.

Additionally shoving a gun in someones mouth should muffle their (often last) words too.

Spoiler:
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #143124

when you have a gun between your teeth you speak only in vowels
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #144041

Ball crushing:
Use grab intent while targeting someone's groin to grab their balls and squeeze them, causing them to fall over in pain.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #144060

Jacough wrote:Ball crushing:
Use grab intent while targeting someone's groin to grab their balls and squeeze them, causing them to fall over in pain.
This isn't the shitty ideas thread, try again.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #144108

Clown hardsuit. Don't actually place it anywhere on the station - just add it for adminspawn in case flukes decide to go honk ops.
Bring back papercult.

kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Post by kust » #144321

Change the way jobs is locked instead of join once and after 2 weeks of not playing it's unlocked change it to be counting the time you have been on the server/servers
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #144336

A type of shield that gives 100% melee protection, 100% energy protection, and 100% ballistic protection - but not all at once. You have to toggle between the three modes, and decide what you want resistance in.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #144437

TheNightingale wrote:A type of shield that gives 100% melee protection, 100% energy protection, and 100% ballistic protection - but not all at once. You have to toggle between the three modes, and decide what you want resistance in.
Multiphase Combat Energy Shield. Give it at an increased cost to Ops compared to the current shield, and maybe a researchable at high illegal level and Combat 6 at RnD?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #144446

Don't put survivability items into RnD or else we'll see scientists go on endless murder sprees and never be able to die.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #144891

Bluespace fire extinguisher.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #144905

Make nitrogen react with oxygen to form N2O in the presence of high-energy things and sparks.

Like the teslaball.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #145033

Syringe Claws

Attach a few syringe to a pair of gloves with some wire you found in maintenance and you've got a ghetto pair of claws.
You equip them in to your glove slot an on hit to an unarmored area of a person they'd have a chance to apply whatever reagent you loaded the syringe claws with in small dosages. One to three units or maybe less than one.

Could be fun for slowly poisoning your opponent during a scuffle or forcing your opponent to stop using their weapon by filling the claws with beepsky smash.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #145044

One Seven One wrote:Syringe Claws

Attach a few syringe to a pair of gloves with some wire you found in maintenance and you've got a ghetto pair of claws.
You equip them in to your glove slot an on hit to an unarmored area of a person they'd have a chance to apply whatever reagent you loaded the syringe claws with in small dosages. One to three units or maybe less than one.

Could be fun for slowly poisoning your opponent during a scuffle or forcing your opponent to stop using their weapon by filling the claws with beepsky smash.
So basically you want to recreate that one scene from Nightmare on Elm Street 3?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #145047

On Bay if you harm intent someone with a syringe you stab them, forcibly injecting whatever's inside and breaking it.

It opens up some neat opportunities.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #145096

A hidden camera for traitors and Operatives. Comes with a remote viewing implant and a small camera that can be disguised as other small objects. The camera can also be attached to a jumpsuit as an accessory, but the only way you'd know it was there is if you removed it from the uniform yourself.

Operatives can monitor a stealthop's status directly, disguise it as a piece of junk and toss it at a window from space, traitors can cooperate in a similar manner, bug a uniform before giving it to their target, leave the camera disguised as a pen in a secure area, know exactly when to detonate your hidden explosives from across the station.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #145129

1g88a wrote:A hidden camera for traitors and Operatives. Comes with a remote viewing implant and a small camera that can be disguised as other small objects. The camera can also be attached to a jumpsuit as an accessory, but the only way you'd know it was there is if you removed it from the uniform yourself.

Operatives can monitor a stealthop's status directly, disguise it as a piece of junk and toss it at a window from space, traitors can cooperate in a similar manner, bug a uniform before giving it to their target, leave the camera disguised as a pen in a secure area, know exactly when to detonate your hidden explosives from across the station.
besides disguising it as an item, this is just the camera bug item.
私は完璧
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #145131

1g88a wrote:A hidden camera for traitors and Operatives. Comes with a remote viewing implant and a small camera that can be disguised as other small objects. The camera can also be attached to a jumpsuit as an accessory, but the only way you'd know it was there is if you removed it from the uniform yourself.

A camera bug can suffice for most of these needs, as you can use them for tracking people as well. You could have a 1TC bundle of portable cameras to expand the network as needed.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #145279

Change the Extended game mode to have increased random event rates! Instead of a single antagonist or forcing an admin to do all the fun, the higher chance of side antagonists (abductors, revenants, weak blobs, ninjas, etc) will provide a more varied experience, more anomaly chances for Science to make a Phazon or get research up faster, things to keep the Engineers busy, etc.