can someone please tell me what is going on

General SS13 Chat
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

can someone please tell me what is going on

Post by bandit » #71

I registered for these forums because apparently I'm being banned for being "toxic to the community." I don't know why, or what I did, and I certainly never intended to be, but no one is telling me why.

There've been a lot of rumors about the administration switching to these forums, or SoS supporting them, or things like that, but I can't see any evidence of that, and every thread on the forums started to discuss this has been deleted. No one has made any official statement of any kind except for the statement that I am shit. (I still don't know why, or what I did, or how I can improve.) What is going on?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: can someone please tell me what is going on

Post by Jeb » #72

Don't worry, I'm toxic too. We can do this together little buddy!
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Douk
Byond Username: Douk

Post by Douk » #73

Errorage has decided that anyone who isn't kissing his ass and championing his "Purge coderbus 2014" agenda is clearly a liability to the community and must be removed. Here's what's currently going on in the admin board for those who have not yet seen it.
I don't think SoS has made any move yet, but with any hope, he disowns Erro and this can all just come to an end. First it was purging the coderbus from the forums, then creating a whole new codebase just to spite the, and now removing anyone who has an opinion on the matter. I didn't used to hate Erro. I disagreed with many of his decisions both as a former coder, admin, and website host. Likewise, I do not exactly have a peachy relationship with the bus and understand the frustrations of dealing with them, but the extent to which this situation has been taken is too much and it only hurts and splinters the community needlessly.
bandit

Post by bandit » #74

But I don't understand what I did wrong or why I'm supposedly "shit." The only ban reason given was "adios." The original post said that there were 12 months of infractions I supposedly committed, but I don't know what those were and no one is telling me.

admin feedback pls
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #75

are you here to seek shelter from the shitstorm too
Douk
Byond Username: Douk

Post by Douk » #76

Right now, they don't feel they need to give reasons, so don't expect to get anything. You might have just looked at someone like Erro and his goons the wrong way and they decided to get rid of you. You weren't the first nor will you be the last in this fiasco.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #77

Erro's coderbus-must-pay-for-my-hurt-emotions-even-at-the-cost-of-the-entire-playerbase.eu is old and busted.
TGstation13.com is the new hotness

In the coming days everything worth caring about will hopefully shuffle over to these forums and everything will continue mostly the same as it did before erro fucking lost his shit on everyone.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
bandit

Post by bandit » #78

I'm not here to "take shelter from the shitstorm," I'm here because I was banned for no reason, for a supposed "12 months of infractions" I don't know and was never told about, and when I tried to make an admin complaint no one listened.

admin feedback pls
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #79

I'd link you the posts I've made over there that got me put on the list but they've all be [redacted] by erro. Most of them are pointing out the obvious, and then offering to take over hosting things because of the impending shitstorm that's now becoming a thing.
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #80

Incoming wrote:Erro's coderbus-must-pay-for-my-hurt-emotions-even-at-the-cost-of-the-entire-playerbase.eu is old and busted.
TGstation13.com is the new hotness

In the coming days everything worth caring about will hopefully shuffle over to these forums and everything will continue mostly the same as it did before erro fucking lost his shit on everyone.
It's sad that this is the exact thing he's doing though. He's letting his emotions get the best of him, and the only thing that it's going to harm is the /tg/station playerbase.
bandit

Post by bandit » #82

It's sad because there's just no way to win. I try to point out that these policies are causing schisms and hurt feelings, and I get called "toxic." I try to point out that the wiki is a resource for new players primarily, who shouldn't be dragged into the drama of complete strangers, and I get called "a shitler." I try to mention that it is bullshit to be banned for no reason, and I get told to "shut up" and my pointing out that this is immature, unreasonable and completely un-transparent is called "a particular brand of shit." I try to ask what the supposed 12 months of infractions are, and no one tells me. I tell them that I don't hate them as a person, which I don't, and it just doesn't matter, they say I hate them as a person anyway.

It's frustrating because I do care, I don't want to be toxic to the community and if I am doing something wrong if somebody tells me what that is I'll try my best to improve it. But if no one tells me, I don't know what to do.

admin feedback pls
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #83

Everyone has their shitler moments, I've had my fair share. Don't take anything to heart and don't let it bother you man.
bandit

Post by bandit » #84

It sort of bothers me when I'm banned from the main forum. People keep saying SoS is making a statement, or the administration is moving over, but as far as I can tell there are like 15 people registered here. I'm afraid that nothing is going to happen and there will be no official repercussions, just like the last 20 drama repercussions, and I won't be able to use the community forums because the official verdict is I am shit, and no one told me why.

admin feedback pls
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #93

If sos is "making a statement" then I guess we can only wait for said statement to become a thing.

Just don't take it to heart, like I said everyone has their moments. I'm also on the list of people that got banned for being "toxic" because of my continuous hatred towards errorages attitude towards..everything. It sucks that we're banned from ss13.eu, but as he's stated, it's going to be "rebranded" as NTStation13 forums soon enough - so I'd assume these are the official forums now.

This is the problem with putting all your eggs in one basket. When the keeper of those eggs jumps off the deep end it ends up affecting multiple people.
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #95

It's really on NTstation now to not take this shit lying down. They have sections here they are apparently welcome to and I'd respect them a lot more if they did.

Like 80% of the reason I detested NTstation was because its continued existence is tied to a guy who seems to have decided to just be shit to people/groups/literally everyone for ill defined and nebulous reasons.

edit:

Also the only person from that hitlist who isn't banned right now is HG, because apparently erro is waiting on SoS to make comments on it.

Numbers

Post by Numbers » #97

It's really up to them if they want to stick with Erro or not.

coderbus didn't want a civil war between branches anyway...
"I've told you about Erro, I've warned you dwag." - Unknown
ImageImageImage
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #99

I feel ashamed that originally (erro's first "will someone take this shit over I've had enough" thread) I saw this as coderbus being asshats.

Post-removal of coderbus from ss13.eu it's became completely obvious that the only solution to that side of things is to remove the one who is truly toxic to the community.

Sorry coderbus, for originally thinking you were to blame :(
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #101

This is going too far...
:^)
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #103

Please do not use this forum as a blank canvas to demonize Erro or anyone else. Keep this crap out of here.

The toxic element here is the fact that people from all sides of this thing would rather fling shit at the wall than work together.

Cooperation and reasonable discourse are what brought us this far.
bandit

Post by bandit » #104

I'm not trying to demonize errorage. Like I said in the original topic, I do not hate him personally. I don't even dislike him personally. I just do not know what the supposed "12 months of infractions" I supposedly committed were or how I am supposedly "toxic to the community", no one is telling me, and no one seems to care. I would love to be able to work together, but even when I ask simple things like "what did I do wrong" or "what policy did I break" or "how am I shit" or "what happened to one of the headmins saying literally two days ago that there would be no precedent for banning people just because they weren't liked," I get called toxic and then permabanned, which literally means I am unable to "work together" because I can't even argue my side anymore. I've asked to talk to the community advocates and was told they can't help me (well, at least the community advocates who already wouldn't help me because they're too busy calling me retarded.) I am at a loss as to what to do. I just want to be able to use the community forums, and if I'm somehow being toxic to the community, it was never my intention and I apologize and I just want to know what I can do better. Instead I'm permabanned and called shit.

admin feedback pls
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #105

tl;dr it doesn't matter, Erro has a bug up his ass and you probably said something small to set him off. I say "it doesn't matter" because apparently /tg/station is moving to coderbus.com now, and ss13.eu is becoming some kind of general gaming site that has nothing to do with ss13

Also the avatar restrictions on here are literally Hitler, fuck me.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
bandit

Post by bandit » #106

Vekter wrote:tl;dr it doesn't matter, Erro has a bug up his ass and you probably said something small to set him off. I say "it doesn't matter" because apparently /tg/station is moving to coderbus.com now, and ss13.eu is becoming some kind of general gaming site that has nothing to do with ss13
That was the original point of the topic. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS INFORMATION? There's nothing on the forums and I refresh every minute or so in case it's just being systematically deleted like everything else. I've asked many times in IRC and no one has said anything with a source. From all indications this is shaping up to be like every other incident, i.e. people pretend to care for 1 minute and then go back to their business that continues as usual, except now I'm permabanned for "being shit over the past 12 months" and I don't know why.

admin feedback pls
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #108

you people are fucking school girls. I fucking swear to god all of you this is the most dysfunctional community i have ever been a part off and I've been in like 3 communities of brazilians. Like holy. fucking. shit.
Both parties here are literally hand over fist gob over dick trying to fuck up each other that it reaches me who quite frankly doesn't even play this shitty game that much altogether. I only come back to the forums for the Video Game subforum and I'm being affected by both parties sperginess spewing into that. It's reached a point where both people who support Erro and people who support coderbus shitpost on /vg/ like for real /vg/ isn't that reached a point where y'all step back and say "woah i'm being a petulant child i should probably have some empathy and think of others?".

I repeat myself again I have never seen a community quite like this one, most of it is filled with people with a stick so far up their asses they can't imply that they're in any way shape or form wrong and-
yo fuck i just realized something:- none of this matters anyway rofl i've been saying this for like what 3 months now and nobody really cares because you all are hidden in your own INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower of intellectualism. all of us right now look like retards. including me for even spending time writing this, both erro and coderbus will gloss over this and/or insult me and then go back at lashing at each others necks.

i'm still angry about my post count goddamn it that was my virtual e currency but on the bright side miggles don't have shit on me now.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
bandit

Post by bandit » #109

I don't want to fuck anyone over. I just want to either be un-permabanned or at least know what I did wrong to deserve being banned. I'm asking how I am in any shape or form wrong (or "toxic to the community") etc. No one is telling me. And I do play the game, that's why I use the forums, or would if I wasn't permabanned from them.

admin feedback pls
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #113

Only Errorage can tell you. Nobody else knows.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #116

If you absolutely must know what happened to get to this point, we made a piratepad of the current events. It's pretty anti-Erro though, so I feel it's probably better to just move on. We're all better off for it. You don't need to know why or even agree with it happening, but it is.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #123

Did you get permabanned from the game?

Else, not a big deal. Welcome to the new forums, with 100% less insane drama queen moderation.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Jeb

Post by Jeb » #141

http://i.imgur.com/hSL5rfw.png

just saving this for later
bandit

Post by bandit » #142

I don't understand what I did. Even people in the thread are shitting on me: "well I can see why wexler got banned" etc. LITERALLY WHAT THE FUCK DID I EVER DO, IT WOULD BE NICE IF ANYONE EVER TOLD ME.

also it would be nice if LITERALLY ANYONE DEFENDED ME in the thread instead of agreeing with errorage and calling me shit. basically there are two options: either tell me what I did wrong, or admit that I did nothing wrong AND FUCKING DEFEND ME. I did not "consistently shit on /tg/station", it would be weird to do considering how often I play there, and I've gone out of my way to say I do not dislike errorage personally, and I do not feel that disagreeing with a server or codebase's direction constitutes "shitting on [someone] personally." it seems like the reasonable thing to think, right? but no, people just call me shit and they don't say why.

admin feedback pls
bandit

Post by bandit » #143

errorage wrote:If you want to make a case for someone, IE that they were banned without being toxic, go ahead. I promise I'll listen to you and evaluate your argument.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I WAS TOXIC. JESUS CHRIST. I WISH I KNEW WHAT I DID TO UPSET YOU SO MUCH. I PROMISE I DO NOT DISLIKE YOU PERSONALLY, I JUST WANT TO USE THE COMMUNITY FORUMS. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU EVER TOLD ME. "ADIOS" IS NOT TELLING ME. I DID NOT MEAN TO BE TOXIC AND IF I WAS I APOLOGIZE BUT IF YOU DON'T TELL ME THEN HOW THE FUCK CAN I EVER KNOW.

I would appreciate if someone with forum rights on the community forum would post this.

admin feedback pls
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #144

It's not the community forum. This is the community forum. Please stop bringing this up.
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #146

Bandit after seeing the reasons he gave for banning Jeb ("by offering to be the hosting hero he made me out to be the villain!") I think it's safe to say that logic doesn't apply to this one. Likely you just got unlucky and happened to be on erro's mind at the worst possible moment while he was looking for a few people to ban simply to piss people off.

But yeah every time I look back there it looks worse and worse, it's not a matter of if that site falls apart now, it's a matter of when.

bandit

Post by bandit » #147

I don't know where else to bring it up. I keep getting banned on IRC whenever I ask to talk to community advocates. I can't use the forums because errorage said not to ban evade and contrary to apparently popular opinion I do care about the rules and care about not breaking them and not being shit, etc, and have not attempted to do so. If I did nothing wrong, surely there has to be someone willing to be on my side.

admin feedback pls
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #148

bandit wrote:I don't know where else to bring it up. I keep getting banned on IRC whenever I ask to talk to community advocates. I can't use the forums because errorage said not to ban evade and contrary to apparently popular opinion I do care about the rules and care about not breaking them and not being shit, etc, and have not attempted to do so. If I did nothing wrong, surely there has to be someone willing to be on my side.
Someone did make the post on the thread over there, yeah don't worry about that. It was Vekter. No responce yet though.

bandit

Post by bandit » #149

I saw that, it was literally just "he wants to know why he was banned" though, not "I don't think this person is toxic." and I do appreciate it, I just don't think it's going to sway him in my favor

admin feedback pls
Razharas
Byond Username: Razharas

Post by Razharas » #150

One of the rules of coderbus is "dont bring drama, no matter the case"
Dont talk about how good/bad some people are because it brings nothing but stirring shit
It can slip sometimes but repeatedly bringing up that theme over and over again will get you banned
If you have questions about how you shal appeal bans/making ban requests and such - ask sos
If you just want to use forums to talk to people as usual - use these forums
If you want to bring up over and over again how injured you are about someone calling you names - use skype or other means of private talks to chew this over and over again with people who feel your woes
Coderbus or forums are not a fitting place for this
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #163

bandit wrote:I saw that, it was literally just "he wants to know why he was banned" though, not "I don't think this person is toxic." and I do appreciate it, I just don't think it's going to sway him in my favor
I'm not going to waste my time trying to sway him because, as I've said like twenty fucking times already tonight, it literally does not matter because erro is turning ss13.eu into some stupid bullshit and tgstation13.org is the new community site gdi I'm sorry Erro was a faggot to you

Apparently it had something to do with some bitchfight you guys had on IRC ages ago or smth

edit: it's 5:30 AM and I'm dealing with the unholy mother of toothaches over here so excuse me if I'm channeling asshole
Last edited by Vekter on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #165

Stop replying bandit all you are doing is going round a circle errorage hated or disliked you for some reason and wanted to get you gone.

It happened with quite a few of us here.

I got kicked out because I was apparently very critical whenver he made a suggestion and then I argued with him about the copyright stuff on the wiki on the IRC.
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #189

Jeb wrote:http://i.imgur.com/hSL5rfw.png

just saving this for later
Oh man Stalin approves. Dat purge.

Mfw I survive the purges with a trotsky avatar.
bandit

Post by bandit » #192

so I notice there's finally an official announcement about this being the community forum (with no link, but whatever). this could have been handled... a lot better. I've been on a lot of forums where things like this happen, and generally major changes like this are announced weeks, months in advance.

admin feedback pls
Errorage

Post by Errorage » #196

<I'M AN IMPOSTER AND HAVE BEEN BANNED!>

ADMIN NOTE: IP matches PADOI's
This is an imposter account. It has been disabled by the admins
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #197

Enough with the shitposting from you, your one and only warning.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #218

Here's my misinformed opinion on this.

Erro is lying about moving the ss13.eu domain away from it's focus on the game, he's clearing us out because he wants to make a profit on the whole thing.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #225

Skorvold wrote:Here's my misinformed opinion on this.

Erro is lying about moving the ss13.eu domain away from it's focus on the game, he's clearing us out because he wants to make a profit on the whole thing.
Let's try not to speculate about what he plans on doing. He'll do whatever he does, and it's his to do it with.
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #236

Holy fuck what is going on.

And damn it, can't use my old avatar. Great.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #248

bandit wrote:so I notice there's finally an official announcement about this being the community forum (with no link, but whatever). this could have been handled... a lot better. I've been on a lot of forums where things like this happen, and generally major changes like this are announced weeks, months in advance.
I apologize for any confusion there may have been about this transition. The original intention was that the other forums would continue to serve as general/administrative forums, and these would be the dedicated coding and development forums.
However, as events continued to unfold it was the host's preference that the other official forum duties be held here as well.

We're still working on unpacking our luggage so to speak, working hard to get the new forums settled in. :)
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
bandit

Post by bandit » #250

No worries, that post was mainly in regards to there being no announcement on the old forums until more than a day later and it being largely handled in admin forums, not regarding here

admin feedback pls
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #253

I made one, but it was swiftly deleted. And he since put in filters to block out any links to this site.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #255

Skorvold wrote: he wants to make a profit on the whole thing.
By selling the domain name? Or does he think his retarded stalin antics is going to net him a megabucks community from all this?
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #258

Cool, anyone else up for burying the hatchet and moving on?
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are