Ban request Danny Schmidt / Reese Marcotte

Requests which have been closed
FJKrake

Ban request Danny Schmidt / Reese Marcotte

Post by FJKrake » #15014

Your byond account: FJKrake
Your character name: Francois Kraket
Their character name: Danny Schmidt and Reese Marcotte
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Nope dont have it
Server and time: 21.06.2014 19:20 GMT+1 aka 5:20 GMT +0
Logs and/or screenshots: Nope

Description of what happened:

Reeese Marcotte and Danny Schmidt have got an Alien Queen breeding in Xenobio. I enter the room as Captain and check the situation. I see Schmidt holding my Laser gun around his waist. I stun him to retrieve said gun. Reese interfers. Its a two versus one so I fall back to get flashbangs out. Danny Schmidt fires the laser gun and puts me into critical condition. When I realize that Reese wants to implant me an alien instead of helping me, I succumb to death.

Reese and Danny continue to release the Xenos and turn the entire station into 1 big Xeno nest. Fucking the round over for everyone since we can not call the shuttle and everyone entering the station is instantly fucked. Lucky for us an admin arrived and cut the 25 minute shuttle call down to 1 round.

Why they should be banned:

- Antag behavior as nonantags
- Killing as nonantags

Additional note: While I can not prove it, Danny and Reese are two names that seem to cooperate a lot when shit goes down. I recommend the admins to take a closer look on em both, this might be a strong indicator of metacommunication / metafriendship.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Ban request Danny Schmidt / Reese Marcotte

Post by paprika » #15016

Yeah reese (the RD) did release the xenos and needs a ban as well, holy fuck what and why?
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15017

well you stunned me without even asking for the gun and released plasma in xenobiology
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
FJKrake

Post by FJKrake » #15018

Kavaloosh wrote:well you stunned me without even asking for the gun and released plasma in xenobiology
1. I dont need to ask you nicely to return my laser gun. If you break the law I can stun and cuff you without asking.

2. I did not release plasma at any point. Logs can prove that.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15019

FJKrake wrote:
Kavaloosh wrote:well you stunned me without even asking for the gun and released plasma in xenobiology
1. I dont need to ask you nicely to return my laser gun. If you break the law I can stun and cuff you without asking.

i had the laser gun because we fought off a blob before you arrived, and you tried calling the shuttle because the armory was 'gone', and people were 'dead', when no one was dead. when people had just used the armory to fight off the blob
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
FJKrake

Post by FJKrake » #15020

Kavaloosh wrote:
FJKrake wrote:

i had the laser gun because we fought off a blob before you arrived, and you tried calling the shuttle because the armory was 'gone', and people were 'dead', when no one was dead. when people had just used the armory to fight off the blob
Is that your best excuse for your antagonistic behavior? You killed me, you released xenos and fucked the entire station. Clear as vodka.
Yoshmaster
Byond Username: YOSHMASTER

Post by Yoshmaster » #15021

This did happen, I tried to drag Danny away from the captain, since there was no explanation as to why he did that. It eventually escalated into a firefight, and I was pretty sure the captain was going to fire on me too. I ended up taking the force field down on the alien queen's containment, which was a pretty absurd move, I admit. I was initially trying to convince the station to let everyone turn into aliens anyway, so in the midst of a firefight I made a hasty decision.
Keep in mind this was during a low pop round. It started at about 4 players, and everyone was trying to convince the admin to do an admin event on everyone to make things ridiculous. I was proposing we all turn ourselves into aliens from the beginning, and me and Danny cooperated for a good while in order to get that plan working. I was also expecting the shuttle to get called a lot sooner, but we ended getting confused on how to force the shuttle to come, and if it weren't for admin intervention it would have taken 25 minutes. So what was supposed to be a fun little thing ended getting drawn out over way too long and becoming boring, and I'm sorry for that.
FJKrake

Post by FJKrake » #15023

Yoshmaster wrote:
This did happen, I tried to drag Danny away from the captain, since there was no explanation as to why he did that. It eventually escalated into a firefight, and I was pretty sure the captain was going to fire on me too.
1. Do Security Officers and Heads need to publicly announce and explain themselves to everyone on-board before making an arrest? I don't think so. Your be behavior can be interpreted as meta-friending. You put Kavaloosh, your friend, above the chain of command and no matter what happens you protect and help him, sidelining the entire Chain of Command.
2. This is pure speculation. Only Danny fired shots. Logs will show that I was only stunning with the baton.
3. There is no LOGICAL excuse for you to release the Xenomorphs because of a firefight. This was pure antagonistic behavior as nonantag. You did it because you thought you can get away with it at this point. You wanted to use this firefight as excuse to act like an antag and fuck the station over. The problem is that this is not working. What possible gain would releasing the xenomorphs would give you? As nonantag? None.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15025

resource: alien
plus 1 :D in all cities
Yoshmaster

Post by Yoshmaster » #15031

FJKrake wrote:
Yoshmaster wrote:
This did happen, I tried to drag Danny away from the captain, since there was no explanation as to why he did that. It eventually escalated into a firefight, and I was pretty sure the captain was going to fire on me too.
1. Do Security Officers and Heads need to publicly announce and explain themselves to everyone on-board before making an arrest? I don't think so. Your be behavior can be interpreted as meta-friending. You put Kavaloosh, your friend, above the chain of command and no matter what happens you protect and help him, sidelining the entire Chain of Command.
2. This is pure speculation. Only Danny fired shots. Logs will show that I was only stunning with the baton.
3. There is no LOGICAL excuse for you to release the Xenomorphs because of a firefight. This was pure antagonistic behavior as nonantag. You did it because you thought you can get away with it at this point. You wanted to use this firefight as excuse to act like an antag and fuck the station over. The problem is that this is not working. What possible gain would releasing the xenomorphs would give you? As nonantag? None.
I never attacked you once, though. I just tried to drag Danny away because I thought you were going to kill him. There's two aspects to what happened, an IC aspect and an OOC aspect. Firstly, chain of command dictates the proper delegation of authority on the station, and this is enforced by the security force, as well as being generally respected by all the crewmembers. But of course if you stun and drag away someone Reese is friendly towards, he'd feel obliged to question your authority, which translated in game to me trying to drag Danny away from you. That seemed to escalate things, and I don't feel I contributed to that escalation. After you chased after both of us with a stun baton without yet explaining why, I ran down to the alien cage and heard shots being fired, so I let the alien queen loose. That was of course not a logical response, but I think that it actually fits with Reese's character pretty consistently, given he's science obsessed and prone to self destructive action.
What's more important is how that decision affected the round for everyone else, which is the OOC aspect of what I'd done. From the start of the round, me and a couple other people had talked about having a xeno round, so it wasn't like that decision was a random one sprung on an unsuspecting server, since I mentioned multiple times that I had wanted to do this. I'd also been cloned multiple times that round, and told the ghosts I was going to make xenomorphs, a claim that they seemed to appreciate. Lastly, me and Danny had to do a ton of work to even get that far. We had to raise research to a high level, build multiple machines, fight off a blob that threatened to destroy the station, and conduct searches using telescience all over the asteroid in order to get this working. I just thought it would be a fun end to an otherwise totally dead round.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15044

It's not about destructive action. It's not about your stupid fucking 'character'. it's not about how accurate it was for your roleplay. It's about how it's fucking griefing and we have antagonist roles so that we can ban fucktards like you who release aliens when they aren't antags. Absolutely unacceptable, under no circumstances is releasing aliens in xenobio as a non-antag outside of an admin event okay. Ever.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Yoshmaster

Post by Yoshmaster » #15062

I'm really sorry for releasing the queen, it was really shitty of me, in retrospect. I didn't think it was griefing, but I definitely understand how that applies.
Franz, I'm sorry for including you in our stupidity. I don't think what Danny did was necessarily wrong, but I shouldn't have made the situation that much worse by letting an alien queen out during the scuffle. The "xenostation" idea was over the top, I'm putting that to rest.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15066

paprika wrote:It's not about destructive action. It's not about your stupid fucking 'character'. it's not about how accurate it was for your roleplay. It's about how it's fucking griefing and we have antagonist roles so that we can ban fucktards like you who release aliens when they aren't antags. Absolutely unacceptable, under no circumstances is releasing aliens in xenobio as a non-antag outside of an admin event okay. Ever.
are you an admin?
why are you in this thread?
you weren't even there in the first place
FJKrake

Post by FJKrake » #15067

Yoshmaster wrote:I'm really sorry for releasing the queen, it was really shitty of me, in retrospect. I didn't think it was griefing, but I definitely understand how that applies.
Franz, I'm sorry for including you in our stupidity. I don't think what Danny did was necessarily wrong, but I shouldn't have made the situation that much worse by letting an alien queen out during the scuffle. The "xenostation" idea was over the top, I'm putting that to rest.

Danny killed me as nonantag, you helped him do so. You released Xenos as nonantag. Two big no-nos. You can be sorry afterwards but I think a ban should be applied here.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15069

FJKrake wrote:
Yoshmaster wrote:I'm really sorry for releasing the queen, it was really shitty of me, in retrospect. I didn't think it was griefing, but I definitely understand how that applies.

Danny killed me as nonantag, you helped him do so. You released Xenos as nonantag. Two big no-nos. You can be sorry afterwards but I think a ban should be applied here.
maybe next time you can tell me what you want before attacking me, in my opinion i thought YOU were going to release the aliens from the way you were acting, you didn't say a word
Last edited by Kavaloosh on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15071

Kavaloosh wrote:
paprika wrote:It's not about destructive action. It's not about your stupid fucking 'character'. it's not about how accurate it was for your roleplay. It's about how it's fucking griefing and we have antagonist roles so that we can ban fucktards like you who release aliens when they aren't antags. Absolutely unacceptable, under no circumstances is releasing aliens in xenobio as a non-antag outside of an admin event okay. Ever.
are you an admin?
I was observing and also the larva that burst from reese's chest.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15072

paprika wrote:
Kavaloosh wrote:
are you an admin?
I was observing and also the larva that burst from reese's chest.
oh okay, you should probably say that in your first post though :\
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15073

You can almost directly get that I saw what happened from my first post, I thought it was pretty clear I watched this whole thing go down.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15075

paprika wrote:You can almost directly get that I saw what happened from my first post, I thought it was pretty clear I watched this whole thing go down.
you just repeated what it said in the op, but whatever man
FJKrake

Post by FJKrake » #15077

At this point danny is just spamming nonsense here. Im gonna stop posting, I think we got enough information in here to get a proper admin decision.
FJKrake

Post by FJKrake » #15512

4 days no decision, what? Why?
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #15568

As an alien queen that round i can't say much more than confirm that this is what happened but... tbh they could think that you were doing antagonist stuff and wanted to kill Danny because few minutes earlier you killed a man over nuke disk and ID he secured when there was still no captain.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
FJKrake

Post by FJKrake » #15572

Kot wrote:As an alien queen that round i can't say much more than confirm that this is what happened but... tbh they could think that you were doing antagonist stuff and wanted to kill Danny because few minutes earlier you killed a man over nuke disk and ID he secured when there was still no captain.
Nice Try! No I killed an antag as Captain that entered my Office to kill me. He had the armory in his backpack. This however was much earlier in the round and has no relevance to those 2 guys actions in xenobiology.
Kot

Post by Kot » #15587

It is related, that antag was actively helping the station before, when there was blob, saved Reese and stuff, not to mention that proably absurd amount of people had "armory on them" because they were literally lying on floor near dorms bathroom. Then you killed him and Reese saw how you were lasering a cuffed guy. Now, you enter Xeno, attack Danny with apparently no reason. If i were Reese i would try to drag Danny away from you too, but, yeah relasing aliens is very shit thing to do.

Though Danny wasn't relasing them because, well, after putting you in crit (note that he only put you in crit, possibly with no intent to kill you. You also lived long enough to see that Reese wanted to use your body as alien breeding facility) he ran back to pen and got facehugged before he could do anything. There was also plasma around so he quickly died from intoxication.

Tl;dr
Danny only defended himself (proably overreacted a bit though), relasing aliens is not his fault.
Reese relased the aliens for no reason and also finished you off with facehuggers.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
FJKrake

Post by FJKrake » #15593

That guy actively "helping" the station was coming into the Captains office with a gun in his hand attempting to kill me. He wasnt helping the fucking station, he was helping himself.

Is that all you guys got up with in 4 days of trying? Danny Schmidt and Reese Marcotte killed me as nonantags and released xenos. Theyre in together on this one. Fucked both up hard. When will the admins decide on this case?
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15595

Krake is right, an admin needs to handle this and lock this thread too. Kot, you are kind of grasping at straws to explain danny and reese's retarded grey tide shit, krake really did nothing wrong in this case besides opening a windoor to let some plasma leak accidentally(which danny and reese flooded the alium chamber with in the first place even though the alien melted the igniter afterwards). Krake is under no obligation to tell you to drop his laser before stunning you and attempting to retrieve it himself, and he certainly doesn't deserve death for that. But that's how I saw it go down anyway, and this is something pretty common of kavaloosh literally every time he plays assistant, taking things way too far.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15625

if you all care so much, ban me then

1 death = 1 day
1440 minute ban
Kot

Post by Kot » #15636

What i'm trying to say:
Danny didin't relase xenos.
Reese trying to help Danny is explainable in non meta way.

What i'm not saying:
Danny didin't attacked Krake.
Reese relasing Xenos is not shit.
Krake did things wrong.
paprika wrote:Krake is under no obligation to tell you to drop his laser before stunning you and attempting to retrieve it himself
Though that's not really nice and can be easily misunderstood.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15640

Kavaloosh wrote:if you all care so much, ban me then

1 death = 1 day
1440 minute ban
Man you need an assistant jobban, seriously.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #15647

paprika wrote:
Kavaloosh wrote:if you all care so much, ban me then

1 death = 1 day
1440 minute ban
Man you need an assistant jobban, seriously.
fuck you no
plus how the fuck do i take things too far, if anything i barely do shit
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #15965

Alright, let's finally try and resolve this one.

Yoshmaster, pretty clear cut case of being shit and releasing one of the most devastating things that a station can get. Considering lack of any previous history, and the apology, I'll issue a dayban.

Kavaloosh, I was with you entirely up to the part where you decided to throw him in the xeno pen. Responding to the captain coming after you and tazing you wordlessly with a laser can be understandable. Throwing him in the xenopen instead of perhaps getting cuffs/straightjacket, and healing him in medbay is pretty fucking shit. Dayban applied.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
FJKrake

Post by FJKrake » #15981

Well done...